Finding Love

By Ashv_2000

2 years after her mother left her, Emma, a young 18 year old girl decides to go after her. Leaving everything... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Letter
Chapter 2: Going After Her
Chapter 3: A Vivid Dream
Chapter 4: Jack and Michel
Chapter 5: The Bet
Chapter 6: Picnics with Strangers
Chapter 7: Arriving at Brampton
Chapter 8: The Beautiful Garden
Chapter 9: The Boys' Mother
Chapter 11: Revealing the Truth
Chapter 12: The Boys' Day Off
Chapter 13: The Truth About Michel's Past
Chapter 14: A Small Dispute
Chapter 15: A Very Drunk Michel
Chapter 16: A Not So Fun Horse Ride
Chapter 17: First Kiss
Chapter 18: The Ball
Chapter 19: When Money Exchanges Hands
Chapter 20: An Obvious Lie
Chapter 21: An Unwelcome Visitor
Chapter 22: Michel's Much Needed Explanation
Chapter 23: Exciting News
Chapter 24: He Gets His Revenge
Chapter 25: Panic
Chapter 26: Meeting The Family
Chapter 27: An Embarrassing Carriage Ride
Chapter 28: A Second Chance
Chapter 29: Jack's Father
Chapter 30: A Fun Afternoon
Chapter 31: Mother's Address
Chapter 32: A Bittersweet Farewell
Chapter 33: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 34: The Ugly Truth
Chapter 35: Family Reunion
Epilogue

Chapter 10: Settling In

53 1 0
By Ashv_2000

A soft knock at the door woke me up from a good night's sleep. The fireplace had been working throughout most of the night but it had still been quite cold. I climbed out of bed and slipped on my slippers just as the door opened revealing Jack.

"Oh god sorry," he said before turning away and facing the fireplace. I realized I was very a very thin nightgown that didn't even reach my knees. A small blush spread across my cheeks and I looked up to find Jack looking slightly flustered as well. He seemed to be all dressed for the day apart from his hair, which was still slightly tousled.

"Breakfast is ready," he said before quickly leaving and shutting the door behind him. I laughed slightly at how flustered he'd been before taking a quick shower and changing into a white day dress that just reached my knees. I put my hair up into a bun and fastened a silver chain around my neck before heading downstairs, thankfully not getting lost on the way.

Downstairs, the dining table held a variety of pastries, breads and cereals as well as an assortment of beverages. At the head of the table was Lisa, who gave me a small smile as I entered the room before continuing to eat. I realized that Michel was nowhere in sight. Noticing my searching eyes, Jack came up to me.

"He's gone for work," he said before seating himself beside his mother. Ignoring the slight pang of disappointment, I seated myself across from Jack and piled my plate with whatever the table had to offer.

After a delicious meal, Lisa insisted I accompany her into the gardens to do some gardening. After changing into an old pair of pants and a collared shirt I followed her out, feeling quite excited. It had been awhile since I'd done any gardening. Jack had left soon after breakfast and informed me that he'd be home with Michel before dinner.

"Grab that pitcher Emma," said Lisa and the 2 of us knelt down into the dirt to begin work. That was when a sudden idea struck me.

"Do you know of a woman named Maria," I asked hoping to get some answers about my mother.

"No darling but you can inquire about her at the market on Sunday," she suggested. That was wonderful idea. There was also a good chance that my mother may even come to the market on Sunday. The thought of seeing her again put a huge smile on my face.

"Why are you looking for her Emma?"

"No reason." She raised her eyebrows at me before continuing her work in silence. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

695 16 11
Forced to sell her body for money, Emma finds her true love and doesn't even know that she loves him until its to late. 18+
142K 3.8K 72
This story follows 5 siblings living with their aunt and uncle after being abandoned by their parents. Clueless about the real world around them and...
183K 5K 46
Emma; Your stereotypical bad girl. She: smoked, Raced & was involved in what you would say "underground fighting". Being previously kicked out of two...
19.8K 898 39
(Final Edits underway. Chapters and some of the story will be changing!) Emma Walker was the new girl in a small town. She was shy, small, and had n...