The NEWBIE

By DJ_Frost

*This book is being continued after given permission and control from previous author and creator @thehopeful... More

Before you read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 29

354 18 0
By DJ_Frost

***29***

ELSA

In the middle of the dance, the emcee went up the stage. Everybody stopped dancing but not the music.

"Ten seconds before the Midnight kiss everybody!" she said, excitedly. "Ten!"

Everyone counted along with her. I became anxious. I quickly looked at Hans, scared at what was going to happen. I totally forgot about that Midnight Kiss! The ticking of the clock became louder and louder. My heart bumped louder along with it.When they all shouted 'one', the big clock behind us struck twelve giving the loudest ring ever. My ear began to give off this odd stinging sound that I couldn't avoid hearing.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" everyone chanted. I looked at Hans once again with an alarmed look. I can't kiss him!

I didn't move from my position and so did Hans. I know that he realized that I wasn't fond of what was happening so he didn't dare step up and kiss me in front of everyone. Instead, he just froze.

Everybody chanted so loudly but when I stared at them, I heard nothing. Nothing at all. Almost like I was numb. As my eyes traced the whole place, just at the corner, where the buffet was, a little girl, whom I thought looked awfully familiar, was wandering around. She wore a purple coat. Everyone was staring at me, waiting for me to kiss Hans. I glanced over him but he avoided my gaze.

I couldn't do it. I can't kiss him.

I was tensed. The music stopped when I slyly snatched the microphone from the emcee.

I opened my mouth and said, "I'm sorry but I have something more important to do." After that, I handed the mic back to the female emcee. Everyone looked oddly at me.

I went down the stage, uncomfortably holding my dress up. I tried my best not to slip. Nobody stopped me from leaving. Nobody had spoken. I just walked and walked. I tried craning my neck to check the buffet but the little girl wasn't there anymore. I tried looking around once more to check. Everyone would move away. They're not stopping me. So I guess I would have to go with the flow. I decided to step out this nuisance so I have to be consistent with it.

Where is that girl? I thought to myself, thinking that she was my excuse for that walk out I just did. I thought that maybe she was just outside the hall so I briskly walked, trying to keep myself from slipping. Heels are never for running.

I opened the doors of the hall and then saw the least person I would have expected to see. I went out, the door closed behind us. We didn't talk nor did we move. He was looking down at his shoe.

"What?" he said, still not looking at me.

Instead of asking whether he saw a little girl, I asked him, "What are you doing here?"

Jack paused. He bit his bottom lip and then finally lifted his head a bit, looking at me. "Would you laugh if I say I came here for you?" he answered, indignantly.

I didn't say anything. He came for me? I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I don't know what to say. "Follow me." He commanded as he went down the stairs. I followed. I don't know where he's going to take me. He even took me out of the building. I've noticed that Jack has been looking over my shoulder, almost like there was something behind me. Every time I try to turn around and see what it was, Jack would move my head back to the front telling that there was nothing.

I don't know if Jack realized it already but it was freezing. I don't have my coat on my dress is over the shoulder.

"Where we going? I don't have my coat on and it's cold!" I demanded.

"Just wait 'till we get there. It's not far." He answered calmly. I sighed and then just walked through the snowy grounds. It was nice that the stars were out though.

"Haven't you heard of coats?" I said, staring at his unusual get up.

"It was a last minute decision." He answered, coldly.

"What decision?" I furrowed an eyebrow. Can't he be more straight-to-the-point like how he always been.

He wasn't looking at me this time when he answered. "You know... to come here, to attend my first school dance, to have my first dance."

I looked at him from head-to-toe. "But you're not wearing tux."

"Does that even matter nowadays?" he replied, his voice almost rising. "Come with me."

I looked back at the closed doors that led in to the dance behind me. I went toward him, thinking it would be odd of me to go back in to that room as if nothing happened.

"Where are you going to take me?" I asked him.

"Come on," Jack said impatiently as he stepped back, ignoring my question. I followed him down the stairs, struggling with the dress I was wearing.

Along the way, I noticed that he had been looking around, as if there was someone behind me. I asked him what was he looking at but he just told me that it was nothing and that I bug him a lot.

"Bug you?" I said, irritatingly, as I stepped down the last stair. He didn't respond and seemed to ignore me a lot more when he took me outside. But then, I remembered something pretty stupid. I forgot my coat.

"It's cold." I stopped.

"It'll just be quick." Jack said, pulling me outside.

"No way!" I exclaimed, slapping his hand off my arm. "You go outside wearing this dress." Jack looked like he was going to crack any second which I find ironic because I should be the one cracking my head out because of this nonsense.

He removed his coat and then threw it on my face. "Seriously? You could just give it."

He craned his neck once more behind my back and then turned his head back onto me. "Just put it on."

While I was trying to put my coat on, I thought I heard a sneeze. It was obvious that Jack wasn't the one who sneezed. I popped my head out and then looked at Jack.

"Did you hear that?" I asked him.

"No. I didn't. Let's go." He told me and then finally pulled me outside.

***

"Jack? Where are you?" I shouted. One second, I just took a quick look around and then the next second, Jack was already out of sight.

"Over here." Jack replied back. His voice came from a room in the corner.

I walked toward it, a little slow. Freezing. Walking in the room, a huge stage flashed before my eyes. I turned my head, searching for him but he wasn't there. And then, a thought came in to me. I swear, something bad is going to happen. Whas this another prank? I shouldn't have trusted Jack. I mean, why did I even follow him? I don't even know what came in to his mind!

But then, the doors behind me was shut. For a second, I was convinced that this was just a prank, but when I saw Jack's serious face coming close, I don't know what was going to happen next. This is not a prank.

"So - what?" I started. But instead of answering my question, he lend a hand. All of a sudden, he looked rather more formal. His other hand was behind his back. What the hell is happening?

As if he told me, I took his hand. I have no idea what was going on. It seems like my body has it's own mind and it's not telling my consciousness what it's doing.

His hands were warm. I thought it was the only source of heat I have at that moment.

"Thou art the most beautiful." He spoke, moving an inch close. I looked down. What is he doing?

I remember him saying that to me when we were entertaining Jamie, but it sounded different without his sister around. Is he playing with me? But even though these questions were swarming me, I kept still.

"Do you know how to dance?" He asked politely. I swear, this guy has emotional issues.

"I - I know how to dance The Twist." I responded. I didn't mean to say that but it just came out. I expected Jack to mock me but instead, he just chuckled.

"Are y - you really Jack?" I added. It was as though I was the only one who haven't got a clue.

"The one and only." He grinned.

As if on cue, we swayed without any music. I would've told him this was awkward but I don't know what's stopping me.

Only one light was turned on. It was pretty dim. It was chillier than ever but why did it not even bother him?

"I heard some girls today," I said. I just wanted to clear something. "They said you've never been to the dance."

I tried to be politer with him because I don't want to break his chill mood.

"But it seems like this wasn't the first dance you went to." I told him.

"Howcome?"

"You know how to dance."

"Everyone can dance." He answered.

"But not as graceful as this." It was true.

"Graceful?" He chuckled. "That's new."

"I'm not joking." I said.

"Well, with Jamie around, you might get a couple of lessons." He replied with candor.

"Why are you like that?" I said. Jack's expression changed, as though he knew where this was going.

"Why am I - what?" Jack pressed.

"Nothing." I changed my mind. I realized that it was too much of a personal question. I might ask him the same question someday or maybe never.

Silence took over us again. If someone saw us dancing without music like complete lunatics then I think I might just burry myself alive.

Colder and colder. I want to wrap myself in something. I try to open it up to Jack but just like earlier, something was stopping me from doing it. As we swayed to the sound of silence, Jack opened his mouth.

"It's just another night and I'm staring at the moon."

My eyes widened. Was he singing? He had that warm, raspy voice that gave me chills but at the same time, the presence of comfort was there.

"I saw a shooting star and I thought of you."

I was breathing deeply, this felt rather different. Instead of feeling the chilly air, it felt warm. I've had this feeling before. The same feeling I get whenever I open my report card. Nervous? I guess. But why?

"I sang a lullaby by the water side and knew if you were here I'd sing to you."

Slowly, my head falls onto his chest. What am I doing? I don't know but the comforting sound of his voice had somehow hit me. I know we're not romantically involved but why is he doing this. I don't understand him.

"You're on the other side as the skyline splits in two, miles away from seeing you...

"I can see the stars from America...

"I wonder, do you see them too?"

I can feel his heartbeat on my cheek. Funny, it wasn't beating that fast unlike mine.

"So open your eyes and see the way our horizons meet and all the lights will leave into the night with me and I know these scars will bleed but both of our hearts believe...

"All of these stars will guide us home."

Was it what I thought I felt? I do like Jack "Frost" Austin.

*Credited to: thehopefuls

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 5.8K 44
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
182K 7.1K 66
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
1M 53.6K 34
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
31.5K 1K 21
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...