The NEWBIE

By DJ_Frost

*This book is being continued after given permission and control from previous author and creator @thehopeful... More

Before you read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 28

322 19 3
By DJ_Frost

***28***

JACK

It was already three hours past Jamie's bedtime. Instead of tucking her in bed, I was fixing her seatbelt.

"Now don't tell Mom that I brought you out at night." I told her. She nodded blissfully. "Are you feeling a little tired?"

"Kind of," Jamie replied. But then, she quickly snapped back into her energetic self. "But it's okay."

I just sighed, thinking it better if I haven't brought Elsa anywhere near Jamie. When I finished fixing her seatbelt, I started the engine.

"Sorry if I'm going to use your car, Mom." I whispered and then steered the wheel. Yes, I know how to drive a car.

"Where's Mommy?" Jamie suddenly asked me when we were already far from the house.

"She's at a Christmas Party." I said, keeping my focus on the road.

"I like Christmas Parties! Can I go?" she squealed. I smiled.

"But I thought you want to go to Elsa?" I told her.

"Oh. Forget that I said that." She whimpered. Her expression changed. "Could you drive faster?"

"There's a lot of snow on the road. It's hard to – " and then the car stopped. "Oh, what?" I shouted, slapping the steering wheel.

"I told you we should walk." Jamie interrupted as she crossed her arms. The car couldn't run over those huge piles of snow.

I groaned. Is it really a great idea to fetch Elsa from that ball?

***

ELSA

I clapped my hands loudly when a group of seniors had just finished dancing the waltz. Hans said that the seniors were always the ones who perform, annually at the Winter Dance. He also said that if I stayed in this school when we're seniors, I'd probably be part of that dance. I winced at how stupid the idea was. I don't like dancing. While watching the program, I try not to make eye contact with anyone who was looking at me. I felt rather uncomfortable. But then, during the program, a guy who looked older than me, approached. He had this dark eyes, brunette hair, and tan skin.

He looked at Hans and then at me. "Well, Hans! Taken any photos yet?" he said.

"I actually took a lot but best not to leave my date alone in this table for too long." Hans answered. The guy nodded, looking interested, and then turned his head to me.

"So, what's the name of your date over here?" He asked Hans though he was facing me.

"She's Elsa Hansen." Hans answered, smiling widely. The guy nodded and then held out a hand.

"Well, nice to meet you, Hansen." The guy said. I shook his hand. "I'm Nod Davis."

"Nice to meet you too, Nod." I smiled at him.

"I should go. Have fun, guys." Nod patted Hans in the back and then went off.

JACK

"It's so cold, Jack." Jamie demanded, riding on my back.

"We should've stayed at home." I told her but all she did was sigh in exasperation. She was already wrapped in several layers of coats but she still didn't stop complaining.

"But it's cold." She continued.

"Okay." I said, still walking briskly in the streets. "Do you really want to go to Elsa? Or not?"

I felt her tiny hands hit my back. "I just said it was cold."

I laughed at her, "I was just asking."

After that, Jamie fell silent but I know she still isn't asleep and I also know she's bored. "Do you want me to run so we could get there fast?" I asked her.

"You can?" Jamie's voice enlightened. "Faster than that cars?" she added, her head following a car that has just passed by.

"I'll race it!" I dared. Jamie clapped her hands and yelled 'yes' so I ran as fast as I could as Jamie chanted. I tried catching up with the car that just passed us by just like what I told Jamie, and that seem to end her boredom.

***

ELSA

I've just noticed that a lot of guests have already looked up for how many consecutive times at the clock that looked like Big Bentley but less big just behind the thrones. I wondered what it was for, except for checking the time.

"Hey, Hans." I said, trying to catch his attention since he was busy taking pictures. He stopped snapping photos and then looked at me with a smile on his face.

"What is it?"

"Why do these people keep on glancing on that clock? Not that I'm being stupid or something." I asked him, keeping my voice down so that no one can hear my ignorance.

"They're waiting for the announcement." Hans answered.

"Announcement? Did you mean The King and Queen of the Night?" I said, unsurely.

"Yes. It wouldn't be long 'till they announce it." He added. Oh, yeah. I tried recalling the poster I read at the school's bulletin board.

"I think I'm excited." I told Hans.

"You should." He replied.

***

JACK

"What do you do in a ball?" Jamie asked me. I arched an eyebrow and then asked her back.

"But I thought you watched a lot of princess movies?"

Jamie shrugged, she wasn't riding on my back anymore. "I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"Are the balls here like the ones in the princess movies?" she looked up at me while she held my hand.

"I guess?" I said as I saw the school's gates just coming close. "I haven't went to any, yet."

"Oh." She said. "I think balls are fun and that you're missing out on a lot."

Jamie reminded me of Hiccup, what he said about me missing out every year.

"But what do you know about balls?" she asked me, once more, her face looking more and more interested in what I have to say.

I suddenly thought of something. If I didn't answer Jamie she might as well ask the same question over and over again.

"Of course, they dance." I answered.

"Is that all they do?" she said, unsatisfied with my answer.

"They have presentations, something like that." I continued, trying to think of something.

"And?"

"And..." I remembered reading the poster about the Winter Dance. Not that I'm interested in reading one of those but I guess I could just read some of it. "Some balls actually have a King and Queen. The King and Queen are always the most outstanding pair of all."

"Really?" she said, walking fast. "Just like the ones I watch."

"At night, they dance, obviously." I added.

"And they kiss?" My eyes widened at what she said. Is my four year old sister talking about kissing already?

"But you're too young to think about that." I told her.

"I'm four and Mommy says I'm turning five next year." She placed her hands on her hips.

"You're still too young." I repeated.

"That's what I see on princess movies sometimes." She shared.

"If that's so, then I'm not going to leave you watch TV alone from now on." I said

***

ELSA

The Dance Committee already announced the minor awards. The awardees were already dancing on stage. A girl named Kirsten Gilbert won best dressed because of her over-the-top dress and hair. Mr. and Ms. Royal Manners were Dean Anthony and Hailey Graham. There were a lot of minor awards that I can't remember some of them. But the most awaited part of the dance was just ten seconds away. The emcees counted down the seconds along with the audience and when the last second has been counted the emcees cut off the noise.

"Now, as always, we will be announcing the candidates for The King and Queen of the Night." The female emcee said as she held an envelope in her free hand.

"You should all make sure that you and your date made quite a good impression on the student council and dance committee starting from your arrival." The male emcee said in a breezy voice.

The female emcee opened the envelope, revealing a silver card where the candidates' names are written.

"When you and your date's name are mentioned please walk right in front so the audience can see you." the female said as her eyes were drawn on the silver card.

"In no particular order, Jason Tyler and Hazel Stanley." The emcee announced. Just around the corner, a couple jumped right off their seats. "Come right up!"

The girl named Hazel excitedly walked to the front while she struggled pulling the guy named Jason who seemed nervous. After that, the emcee announced the next names.

"Hiccup Banccup and Merida Macklemore!" they said. Hiccup and Merida were sitting at the middle. Merida looked as though she didn't like what she was hearing. People clapped their hands loudly for them. Hiccup looked like he was going to throw up. I was pretty sure they didn't plan this to happen. Merida stood up as she cursed under her breath.

"Okay, children, get your fingers crossed because our second to the last candidates are..." the emcee paused to read what was written. I was comfortable in my seat, waiting for them to say the names already. "Hans Westergaard and Elsa Hansen!"

My mouth fell open. What the heck? I quickly turned my head to Hans who seemed happy with it. Hans stood and then lend me a hand. It took long before I could hold his hand. I stood up with him, looking intensely at the girls who stared fiercely at me.

"C'mon, let's tell them that we're backing out." I whispered in to Hans's ear. Hans chuckled.

"You don't have to worry about anything." He said. "You deserve the title if you ask me."

"I don't like it." I answered nervously, squeezing Hans's arm.

"Everybody will like you." he insisted.

"Like me? Didn't you just see those girls? They look like they're going to eat me." I told him.

"Don't worry too much. It's a great feeling." He assured as both of us went up the stage.

"Have you been the King of the Night before?"

"No, but they say it's great." I laughed at his answer and just went with the flow. The last pair was Harry Cohen and Judy Baker.

"Now, we will announce the new King and Queen!" the male emcee said. My heart thumped quickly, I can hear the beat of it so clearly. Hans noticed that I was nervous so he took my hand and then gave it a gentle squeeze. I tilted my head and then blinked. The pairs that were on the stage with us smiled widely, I can tell they were nervous alright.

"And our New Rulers are..." the sound system used the sound effect of a heartbeat just to add up with the atmosphere and actually worked because I got more tensed. Don't call our names. Don't call our names.

"Obviously, everyone's attention has been caught by these two lovebirds." The male emcee said. The female finally looked at the audience after finishing the card she was reading.

"Hans Westergaard and Elsa Hansen," the female emcee said. The next thing I knew, they said we were the new King and Queen of the Night which I do not like. Everyone clapped their hands loudly as the emcee told us to claim the throne.

Hans grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug, although all of this was still not registering inside my brain. Before I knew it, both of us were already seated on the throne with the crowns on our heads, looking down atthe people dancing along with the music.

The whole entire minute, I was mute.

"Do you want to dance?" Hans asked me.

"S-sure." I replied, dully. "At least I can do something other than sit and being stared at."

Hans continued smiling at me, not addressing the sarcasm. He held out a hand so I took it. He escorted me to the dance floor while the people around us darted their eyes.

I had no idea what song the DJ played. One thing's for sure, it was slow.

"D'you think it was a mistake for them to pick us?" I asked Hans when we settled in the middle.

"Why would you say that?" he said, placing his right hand on my waist and the other holding my hand.

"I don't know." I croaked. "How did the judges even know my name?"

"Do you remember Nod?" Hans said. I nodded finally understanding.

"Oh, so that's why he asked for my name." I told him. I was starting to dislike Nod. "He was part of the Board of Judges."

"He wasn't just a judge." Hans added. "He's the president of the Student Council."

"Really?" I said, surprised. "If I knew I wouldn't have said my name to him if he asked me. Why didn't you tell me in the first place?"

Hans laughed at what I had said. What's so funny?

"I'm serious." I snapped at him.

***

JACK

"You said we were going to a ball." Jamie said as she rubbed her eyes. "This doesn't look like a castle to me."

Both of us sneaked in, hiding from the school's security guards. For sure, they wouldn't allow anyone who wasn't following the dress code.

The school's dance hall was actually at the Harvey Gran Memorial Building's second floor. Jamie tailed behind me as I went up the building, opening the doors and then stopped right in front of the stairs that led to the dance hall.

"Are you sure this is the ball?" Jamie asked me again.

"Yes." I answered rather distracted. "Okay, the ball is just upstairs, but before we get there, please be a good girl and promise me you wouldn't wander off, okay?"

Jamie nodded.

"And promise me you'll behave."

She nodded again. She looked excited so she quickly went up the stairs. She seemed like she was struggling to climb up the steep steps of the stairs so I assisted her, trying to be quiet and careful. Going up the steps, I can already hear the music going on. The real dancing must have started. The doors that led to the hall was closed, which I was certainly glad of or else they'd see me show up with my four year old sister.

"Jack?" Jamie said as she pulled my shirt.

"Hmm?"

"I want to see a real ball." She told me. "Can you and Elsa show me how it would go? You would have to dance with her. You will sing for her and then kiss her."

"What?"

"I told you I want to see a real ball." She demanded. "If you say 'no' I'll shout."

At first, I didn't get it. But then, I slowly realized what she was talking about. Dance with Elsa? Sing for Elsa? Kiss Elsa? She's crazy. I can't kiss her. That's against me. But what could I do? I know Jamie and when she says she'll do it, she'll do it whether I like it or not.

I guess I should say 'yes' then? I sighed loudly, messing my hair up.

"Just keep it down when I take a look inside." I commanded and then went up the door, pushing the door. Through the gaps, rays of blue lights shot. I peaked inside, making sure no one would notice me but from how I see it, they were too busy dancing. I couldn't see Elsa anywhere. There were too many people inside; I don't know which one of them is Elsa. Maybe she really didn't attend the dance, I concluded.

Looking around, the host, I think, announced something but the voice was too far off that I couldn't understand what they were saying. After that, for no reason, everyone started counting down along with the clock in the middle. I was pretty sure I have no idea of what was happening. When they finally said 'one', the clock on the stage gave an ear-cracking bell. It struck twelve. I covered my ear.

What the f*ck was happening?

But just as I was about to close the door, Jamie wasn't behind me.

"Shit. Jamie."

*Credited to: thehopefuls

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

413K 11.6K 53
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
377K 9.7K 32
Princess Marie, a renowned troublemaker of Paris has entered the Ton. Marriage, children and any prospect of love have always been a ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ง...
120K 5.7K 44
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€›แ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€€แ€ปแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€กแ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€™แ€ผแ€ฒแ€œแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธ แ€แ€ผแ€ฐแ€แ€ผแ€ฌแ€œแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€Ÿแ€•แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€ฐแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€”แ€ฌแ€™แ€Šแ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ถแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€™แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€”แ€ฑแ€แ€ผ...
134K 5.9K 55
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€แ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€”แ€พแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€™แ€แ€Šแ€ทแ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€”แ€พแ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€กแ€œแ€พแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€กแ€•แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ผแ€›แ€ฌแ€€ แ€™แ€ญแ€˜แ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€›แ€ฒแ€ทแ€กแ€แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€กแ€€แ€ผแ€•แ€บแ€…แ€ฎแ€…แ€‰แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€™แ€พแ€ฏแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€กแ€•แ€ฑแ€ซ...