The NEWBIE

By DJ_Frost

*This book is being continued after given permission and control from previous author and creator @thehopeful... More

Before you read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 21

426 23 5
By DJ_Frost

***21***

ELSA

     I thought Hans was rather weird. I'm not being judgemental but that's just how I see him.

     "Oh," I said, fixing a smile. "Uhm, I should be going."

     I thought Hans wasn't going to say anything, well, he really didn't say anything, actually. Instead, his camera flashed right in front of my face. My eyes began to slightly blur.

     "I run the school newspaper."  He said even though I didn't ask for it. I just nodded awkwardly and speed off.

     Yes. I therefore conclude that Hans is a little weird. Maybe more.

     I hurried down the hallway, searching for my locker. I can see make-out sessions on every side. Pretty normal. I also passed by a couple who aren't making out but still flirting which I really don't mind until I noticed the girl's face.

     "Anna?" I said, slowly walking towards them. Anna looked alarmed when she saw me.

     "What are you doing?" she mouthed me as she tried to cover something. I tried peeking over her shoulder, trying to see who this Eugene was.

     "Elsa." She hissed in a whisper. "You shouldn't be here."

     "Of course I should be here. This is a school." I replied, sarcastically as I try to push her away.

     "Anna, what are you doing?" this guy with flowing dark hair asked in a grin.

     Anna scrunched her nose when the guy turned up. "Who's this pretty lass over here?" he said when he saw me.

     "She's about to go so don't even bother knowing who she is, Eugene." She said as she pushed the guy off.

     "So you're Eugene." I said, faking a smile.

     "Yes, I am Eugene Fitzherbert." He smiled back. For a moment there I thought he was flirting with me. "And you?"

     "I, happen to be her older sister." I answered, firmly, glaring at Anna who was simply avoiding my gaze.

     "Sister," Eugene said as he pointed at me as though he had no idea. "Well, I can see it in the genes."

     I raised an eyebrow, and then glanced at Anna, again. "This?" I said, throwing a point at him. "This is what you're so fond of?"

    "Okay, big sister, should I be happy about that?" Eugene continued grinning.

     "Elsa, please." Anna went in front of me. "You can't be doing this in public."

     "Well that dick should know his limitations." I said, angrily, my voice rising.

     "Elsa – !" Anna pleaded but Eugene continued butting in.

     "What did you just call me?"

     "I called you a dick!" I said. Eugene was about to answer back when the bell rang continuously around the hallway.

     "I'm not done with you, Anna." I said and then walked away. This whole idea about Anna dating someone, who I think, looks like a total playboy just pisses me off.

     Over protective? Well, it's better than tolerating.

     In my next class, there was nothing I could think about. I did not understand a single thing about Mrs. Humphrey's lesson. I didn't even know what it was about. I didn't talk to anyone, and no one talked to me. After the remaining classes, it was time to go home. I went up the school bus and apparently just sat and waited for the bus to stop.

     At home, I found Mom in the kitchen, already working. I looked around and Anna still wasn't around.

     I think I should tell her. This is getting out of hand, I thought. Anna was getting more and more hard-headed. She never listens to anyone again.

     I went up behind Mom. She was chopping some vegetables when I called her.

     "Elsa," she said in alas. "you're here."

     "Mom, I have something to tell you." I told her, my hands behind my back. "Should've told you this, earlier."

     Mom didn't turn around and continued her work but I know she's listening.

     "Anna's been – " I was suddenly cut off by the sound of the door in the hallway creaked open.

     "MOM!" that voice sounded like Anna. Not now... "Mom!"

     "Yes, dear." Mom answered back.

     Anna walked inside the kitchen, her smile as wide as ever. "Honestly, not now." I grumbled under my breath.

     "I got in the cheering squad!" she squeaked as she walked closer to Mom. Mom turned around, giving Anna an 'I'm-so-proud-of-you' look.

     "Aw, that's great!" she said. "Just make sure you wouldn't forget about your academics, okay?"

     "Of course, Mom. I'll try to do my best in both extra-curricular and academics." Anna replied looking rather pleased with herself.

     "Oh, what was that you're going to tell me, honey?" Mom said, turning to me.

     Anna suddenly looked alarmed and snapped, "I g-guess she'd forgot about it."

     For some reason, I couldn't break Anna's very proud moment. I thought that was a little rude. "Yeah, I kinda' forgot."

     "See?" Anna smiled at Mom, sweetly and then made sure that I fled off the kitchen before her. I've been really wasting my chances, to be honest. Why did I just say that? 

     When I went upstairs, Anna caught up with me, grabbing my arm. "I don't know what you were going to say to Mom but if it's about me, just, please don't tell her or Dad."

     "D'ya think I told her?"

     Anna looked down, and then bit her lip. "I really, really, really like Eugene and it would take me down if you did something about it like break us up. You know."

     "I still don't get why you like this boy. He looks like's a total playboy," I told her rather calmly. I didn't feel like I wanted to yell. "Like he'd just replace you for another girl if you don't exceed his taste."

     Anna stared at me almost like I was some retard. "Just like what you said. He looks like a total playboy. But if you knew him longer, you can tell he's harmless."

     "Longer? You two started dating on the first days you stepped in to this school." I thought Anna was being unreasonable.

     "You're a pretty girl, Elsa." She sounded a little less desperate this time. "But if you don't stop judging people just by their first impression and being heartless and cold and bitter then you're going to end up having an odd habit of watching game shows while living with cats. I guarantee that." She finally stopped talking and then went away.

     I actually thought that I was going to be the one who's going to end this conversation but I stand corrected.

     She's overreacting, I began to think. I'm not cold, heartless, and bitter. I'm just following Dad's rules about NOT having boyfriends until we finish college. Well, that rule was a little bit off and harsh, unlike other teenagers who are free to have relationships because their parents don't post rules like my Dad does. I understand him, though. Boyfriends don't pay the bills.

***

MERIDA

     "Are you sure she's even here?" Hiccup said for the seventh time. I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself down. I heard Jack snort but I just ignored him. Why did I bring these people anyway?

     "Hiccup, for how many times I've told ye, she is here." I said, annoyed. "This is her house plus her Mom just said so, okay? So shut yer yappin'."

     Hiccup finally closed his mouth and followed me. Rap's bedroom was at the edge of the hallway. Jack was already waiting by the door, his hand ready to knock.

     "Rap, you there?" he called out while he knocked on the white oak door. She didn't reply. I knew she wouldn't answer so I pushed Jack from the door and called out again.

     "It's not what ye think it is. It's me, Merida." I said, my hand clutching the doorknob.

     She didn't answer right away but I knew she would. I thought I heard her clear her throat behind the door.

     "Yes." Rap said. She sounded as though her nose was clogged. Had she been crying?

     It was a good sign so I turned the doorknob and helped myself in. Jack was about to follow me inside but I quickly closed the door before he could even enter.

     "Rap, I tho – What's that yer wearin'?" I said, stopping myself from the urge of laughing right in front of her face.

     "Haven't you seen any sunglasses before?" she told me, her voice still clogged.

     "Yes, but is the LED lights stinging yer eyes?" I said. She looked really ridiculous with it while she wore her pyjamas and a grey tank top.

     "Okay," she said, along with a sigh. "I forgot to remove my make up before crying." She removed her shades and showed me her eyes that were wet with mascara and tears.

     "Yeah, why did ye cry?" I told her, sitting at the end of her bed.

     She suddenly shot a look at the door rather alerted and then crawled right next to me. "Is Jack here?" she whispered.

     I nodded slowly. Rap's eyebrows suddenly met. "Why did you bring him here? If he finds out that I cried over a guy he'd say I'm being irrational. You know how insensitive boys are?"

     "You cried for a guy?"

     "Tell him to go down the living room."

     "Who's the boy?"

     Right after I said it, the door suddenly opened and Jack turned up rudely, "Done talking?"

     Rap quickly snatched the shades that were sitting on her lap before Jack could see. "Very nice." He said when he saw the shades.

     "What are ye doin' here? I didn't tell ye to come in." I told him. I craned my neck and tried to see behind Jack. "Where's Hiccup?"

     Hiccup went up with an odd look on his face. "We're all here for you." Jack said, sarcastically.

     Rap quickly hid herself under the thick blankets and whimpered, "Oh, what are all of you doing here?"

     Hiccup was avoiding anyone's gaze, turning pink. "We thought we could come visit ye. Ye've been acting weird, lately." I explained.

     "That? Er..." she said, removing the blanket on her face.

     "And ye mentioned about a boy?" I added.

     "She must be talking about that Rider guy." Jack butted in, looking like he would much rather be amused looking at his nails instead of talking about it.

     Rap nodded, though I can't see the expression in her eyes with those shades on. "I only meant to tell it to Merida but you guys..."

     "It's alright if we don't have to listen." Jack sounded as though he liked the idea. I glared at him. "But of course, Hiccup and I are all-ears about your problem."

     Hiccup didn't say anything and stayed mute.

     "But you promise me you won't do anything rough, especially you, Jack because I know Hiccup won't do such thing." Rap said. Jack didn't understand at first so I just told him to say 'yes'.

***

HICCUP

     That Monday morning, I couldn't help myself. That drat, I knew he was an asshole. I couldn't help myself from killing him all night inside of my head after Rap had told us. But what could I do? I'm thin, scrawny, and unfit while Eugene's the tough one plus he's got his goons for back up. If I tried to confront him, that would actually mean 'Me against the World'. And after my past meet-ups with him, I bet he'd probably kill every single bit of me. But if that would happen, I'll make sure he's put to jail because of hazing.

     "If I were you I'd go and punch that dick and be all gangsta on him." Jack tempted as he continued doodling on his walking stick or whatever it was. He had been nagging me about beating Eugene up, first thing in the morning and it's already lunchtime. I'm trying to ignore him by continuing my book about dragons but I somehow think it still isn't working.

     "If I didn't promise Rap that I wouldn't do anything to him, I would have done it." He kept talking. I tried not to listen but he's ideas about beating up was getting me wary.

     "If – " he was about to add more when I finally shouted.

     "Would you just shut the f*ck up?" I shouted, angrily, stopping at the paragraph about the 'Night Fury'. "I'm trying to read something MUCH MORE IMPORTANT and you keep on telling me about this bloody violence of yours!"

     We were at our hide-out so nobody really heard me but Jack. He didn't seem bothered, in fact, he liked it. He was being hopeless so I just shrugged and continued back to reading about Night Furies.

     Speed? Unknown. Size? Unknown. The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself. Never engage this dragon. Your only chance, hide and pray it does not find you.

     "Shit, why did you do that?" I said, rubbing the top of my head where he hit his wooden stick.

     He had his feet on the desk of his chair when I glared at him. "Stop reading about that fake garbage because Dragons aren't real and you don't need to learn about their species. Deal with the real world and be a real man and kick that Fitzherbert in the real ass!"

     "If you badly want to kick him in the ass then do it yourself." I said, turning my head back to the book.

     "I promised Rap I wouldn't."

     "You like breaking stuff, right? Like the school rules?" I replied, broadly, still reading. "Why not break promises too?"

     "I don't know if you're taking me seriously right now but I like the idea," He said. "I don't feel like doing it though..."

     "Yeah, sure, whatever..." I answered, not paying attention.

     "Just swing and punch!" Jack continued. Doesn't he ever give up?

      "I'm all skin and bones while he's all muscles. Don't you get the difference?" I said, standing up. He's been wasting his time convincing me to do it his way but I'm so sorry to tell him 'no'. I grabbed my bag and flung it on my shoulder.

     "Where are you going?" Jack asked me.

     "Somewhere quiet and less annoying."

     "You're missing out, brother." Jack also stood up, patting my back. "But if you ever change your mind, I'll be there."          

     I just shook my head. Both of us went in the corridors to get to our own lockers. Everybody moved away as soon as we got in, except for one certain person who didn't see us coming. She bumped in to me, falling all of her stuff. She quickly crouched down, picking all her things from the floor. I recognized her from her pale blonde hair that was always braided sideways.

     "Elsa, let me help you with that." I assisted. I bent down and took all her notes that fell and stacked it with her notebooks.

     "Really, really sorry." She apologized. After we got her things fixed, she asked me as soon as possible. She didn't actually notice Jack behind me, or maybe she's just avoiding him, I do not know.

     "Hey, uhm, just a question. Everybody say he's famous so... do you know a guy here named 'Eugene Fitzherbert'?"

     I heard Jack make an uncomfortable noise when she mentioned the name.

     "Y-yeah... him." I grumbled. "I don't know where the bloody hell he is. The field, I guess."

     "Oh, thanks." She said. She was about to speed off when I gently took her arm.

     "Why are you looking for him anyway?" I suddenly asked her out of curiosity.

     Elsa's soft face suddenly darkened. "I'm just going to tell that jerk to stop dating my sister illegally."

     Jack stared at me, "What?" I said, bewildered.

*Credited to: thehopefuls

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

380K 9.8K 32
Princess Marie, a renowned troublemaker of Paris has entered the Ton. Marriage, children and any prospect of love have always been a π˜₯𝘦𝘡𝘦𝘴𝘡𝘦𝘧...
616K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
306K 7.6K 111
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...