The NEWBIE

Da DJ_Frost

*This book is being continued after given permission and control from previous author and creator @thehopeful... Altro

Before you read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 19

394 21 3
Da DJ_Frost

***19***

ELSA

Once again, I was late for the school bus but this time, I caught up. I climbed up the steps, grabbing the handle and then the doors closed behind me. The bus driver wearing a blue cap over his shaggy hair started the engine and then off we go. In my hand, I carried the bag my Mom made me use in exchange to my old one. Of course, every row seemed crowded as always. It looked almost like the scene I just saw on my first day of school here but I had my fingers crossed that I'm not going to sit between two obstinate pigs again. It seemed like nobody wanted me in their row so they basically pushed me off before I could even say anything, like this one girl with dark long hair who simply placed her backpack by her side telling me that I should sit somewhere else. Okay, what did I do now? Am I that revolting to them that they can't even stand me just a couple of meters away? Geez, they're making my life so hard at the moment.

Meanwhile, I saw Anna sitting with a couple of girls but she looked like she doesn't want me in to her little group. I finally decided to just stand up at the back until I saw one perfect seat at the corner. It was isolated, if you ask me. While the bus moved roughly through the road, I made my way to that row but when I was about to sit down, there was a hooded guy. His upper body was bent down to his legs which made me thought nobody was sitting there in the first place. But who cares though. I dropped my bag on the floor and then sat with a force that made the seat wobble for a bit. The guy by the window twitched when I sat down.

"Would you-?" he scowled but eventually stopped when he saw it was me. I should have known that guy was Jack. Jack stared for a while, keeping his head down.

"Would I – what?" I grinned, looking down at him.

"Can't you sit down like a normal person rather than some fat ass man?" he said, angrily, his words quickly fading.

"Sorry." I apologized. "Can't you simmer down?"

His eyes stared blankly at me, the kind of look where he's saying, 'Whatever, just shut up' look. He looked down at his feet while he shook his head and then fell silent. The moment I lean on the seat, I realized.

"Oh yeah..." I suddenly snapped. "Why aren't you using that motorbike or something? Mostly, I would see you riding that on your way home rather than using the school bus. Did it break down after what happened last night? -"

"Would you just shut up? Shut up." Jack exploded but he still kept it in a whispery voice, almost like he was quietly shouting. "You know, you should forget about that already because I'm over it, now. I said my thank you about that favour you did and that's that."

I just rolled my eyes at him and then rested my chin on my palm. And then out of nowhere, a thought inside my head suddenly slipped through my mouth. "If you were just calmer and less vulgar and less angry at the world and if you only tone down your temper I already liked you a lot."

He looked back down at his feet and then awkwardly played with his fingers. And then there came the silence between the two of us. Why did I say that, again?

'I already liked you a lot.'

Is this a joke? I can't accept the fact that it came from my own mouth and my own head.

"You're not supposed to talk to me." He suddenly spoke sternly, still not facing me.

I looked hopelessly at him. "Exactly why I don't like you."

"Does it matter if you like me or not?"

His response took me aback. What should I answer? "N-no. I don't know. I guess. Of course!"

"Have it your way." He said. He dropped his head and then went back to looking down at his shoe. Our conversation didn't really end well. And then I heard him mumble something, "Like I care."

I don't think we're ever going to end a conversation without getting mad at each other, I think.

***

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked Anna who had her eyes screwed on my whole face.

It was dinner time and Mom and Dad still haven't got home. They must've been busier than before, especially Dad. Anna and I had the table to ourselves.

"Do you know what my friends think of you?" Anna suddenly spoke after she put her utensils down.

I just stared at her, lifelessly, shooting spaghetti in my mouth.

"My friends think you're a fame whore." She simply said and then continued eating.

"A - what?"

"Fame whore. They think you're liking the attention when you're with The Big Four." She answered.

"That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard." I said, thinking it was a joke. Me? Fame whore? Attention is the least thing I would want in my whole life. "I mean, what the heck is this Big Four?" I've been getting tired of hearing a lot of it around school without knowing what it even means.

"Exactly why you need to have friends around." Anna said, slowly shaking her head. "They're pretty much the most famous people at school."

"Still doesn't explain the 'fame whore' and such." I replied with a bored face. "I don't even remember hanging out with these so called - famous people."

The conversation seemed to distract us from our dinner. Both of us were now talking and not eating. If Mom was here, she might've told us about talking at the table.

"Just like what happened at the bus. You sat with Jack Austin."

"So? That dope needs to go to bible school." I said, angrily, remembering the things he had said that afternoon. Doesn't he know that he owes me a LOT? He brought me to Ohio just to what? To babysit his sister. I mean, do I look like a babysitter to him? Well, if that's the case, I should get paid.

"I am now laughing mentally at how innocent you are." Anna grinned. "That dope you're talking about is only one-fourth of The Big Four. Famous at every year. Most girls really like him."

"Oh really? Why is he so famous? He talks like the world hate him or something." I grumbled. It's true, though.

"But you can't deny the fact that you like his face." Anna's grin grew wider as she spoke. Something told me she likes Jack.

"And what about your BOYFRIEND, Eugene? Are you tired?" I said. We exchanged expressions. It was my turn to grin while she was the one staring hard.

"Tired? Eugene is the best. I like him better than Jack." Anna folded her arms. "Not as famous as Jack but he's still famous."

She sounded as though she doubted something but I don't know what it was, of course. I crooked my lips and then finally returned my focus to my dinner. So that bloke, Jack, was famous. No wonder everyone seemed to be weird around him. I guess I should watch my back next time.

I noticed that Anna wasn't finishing her food yet. She was mostly texting below the table which I'm very much sure who she was texting. She smiled violently every time her phone would ring.

"Okay! Doesn't Eugene know that its dinner time and its rude to text someone who's currently eating?" I told Anna, emphasizing the word 'rude' to her. It was really annoying hearing her phone ring for how many times while you eat. I only wish Dad was here to solve the problem.

Anna just frowned but there was no way she could stop looking at her phone anyway. After a couple of minutes, we heard footsteps by the hallway. And just as I suspected, Mom and Dad was here. Anna quickly turned off her phone and hid it inside her pocket.

***

HICCUP

That was the best day of my life. Except the part where we had to skip class and I don't want that. But still, it's Rap who made things like it's not bad. I would lie silently in my bed, reminiscing the hours I was with her. Yes, normally I'm with her all the time but not without Merrida and Jack. So today was pretty much special to me because it was just the two of us. But there was one thing that I've been bothered of.

We were at Ivanhoe's that time when she cried all of a sudden. I didn't ask her what had happened because I know that it'll make things worse. So I did the thing I wanted to do to her for a very long time, hug her tight while she cried on my shirt. I sound really lame but I haven't hugged her before and I think that hug was great. I brushed her hair until she calmed down.

After that she told me to take her to her house and so I did. At their doorway, before she could go inside, she said thank you. I didn't know what to say so it took me a lot of stutters before I get to my point. But to be honest, my words never really mattered when she was on tiptoes and then leaned in closer to kiss me on my lips. It was only a one-second kiss but that was good enough for me. I was shock and I couldn't believe she did it. I froze. My heart wasn't beating normally, anymore, almost like I couldn't breathe. She left me in their doorway, motionless. I didn't even know things like this are possible. It was an odd, emotional, yet satisfying day. I don't know but I can still feel her lips on mine which is really making me paranoid.

At 12 midnight, my eyes were still wide open, realizing that she was my first kiss and my first love which I think is pretty incredible. I know it was a happy day for me but I don't think it's a happy one for Rap. There's still that half of me that didn't think she wanted to kiss me which I regret to ever think of. These things scattered around my head until I fell asleep.

***

I arrived at school rather nervous. I don't know what to say to Rap when I see her after what happened yesterday. Would she talk to me? I don't know. Right before the whole group could even arrive I spotted Jack coming from the student's parking lot. When he saw me, he went closer looking angry as ever.

"You look pretty." I teased. Jack remained wrinkled when he looked at me.

"What would you do if you owed someone you really don't like? Would you forget about it?" he suddenly asked. I stared at him weirdly.

"Depends from how much its worth." I answered.

"But what if you really, really, REALLY hate that person? Would the worth of it be worthless?" He asked again. I thought his question was really annoying so I sighed in exasperation.

"You think I owed anyone for me to know that answer?" I said, angrily at him. "You answer your own question 'cause it's getting kind of senseless."

He just gave me a cold stare and then said, "So what's up?"

"Erm... nothing." I replied, sheepishly. I can feel myself heating again.

"Nothing means something." He said, quickly.

I couldn't stop myself from blurting it out. I just wanted to tell someone about it because I don't want to keep these kinds of things unsaid.

"I kissed someone." I uttered. I wanted it not to be clear so that Jack wouldn't understand but it was a fail.

"You kissed someone." Jack said as he nodded rather like it was casual, while we walked around the campus. "That's interesting. Maybe that someone was the one who kissed you because I don't think you could kiss someone on your own out of urge."

"W-well, yeah." I scratched the back of my neck, looking a little embarrassed. "You see, it was my first and – "

"Everyone knows it was your first." Jack quickly cut me off with a dumb comment.

"Would you just shut up?" I yelled. "I know you make out with a lot of girls and you don't need to shove it in front of my face, you jackass."

Jack raised an eyebrow but then shrugged. "Are you going to tell me who it was?"

"Why would I tell you?" I said, feeling my face turning a little red. I think this whole idea of telling Jack about what happened yesterday was a bad idea.

"Because I'm your only friend." Jack smiled, widely. "Plus, you came up with this conversation so basically I'll get intrigued."

"It's... er... she's pretty." I don't want to tell him. Why did I bother to tell this guy?

"Oh, so is it Megan Fox? She's pretty." He said, sarcastically. "Do you expect me to guess everything?"

"Just forget about it. It's not even..." I suddenly paused.

"It's not even – what?" Jack looked bemused.

"G'day, aint' it?" Merida greeted, popping out of the blue. She was on her skateboard again.

"Don't tell her or I'll cut you." I whispered to Jack.

"Sure, not even interested." Jack said, sounding like he didn't really care.

"Is Rap here?" Merida asked the two of us.

"Haven't seen her anywhere." Jack answered and then glanced over at me. I looked at him rather uncomfortable.

"What?" I told them.

"Just asking if ye seen Rap around." Merida continued.

"Uh... no. I h-happen to not see her today, I guess." I answered, looking away.

"Rap has been calling me all night. Too bad I was already asleep. Just found out when I woke up this morning. Saw eleven missed calls. Just wondered what she wanted to talk about." She explained.

Was it possible that she wants to talk about me? The thought of it makes me think I'm stupid, myself. I guess not but what if?

"Ye know what? Let's head to the field." Merida suggested. "Haven't done my homework yet, be doin' em' at the bleachers, while ye guys can look around for Rap if ever she was there, aye?"

I wasn't really upbeat with the idea of finding Rap in the field because I might end up finding Eugene and our last meeting wasn't a smooth one.

"A-aye?" I replied, unsure.

When we got to the field, it was already packed with football players doing their daily regimen. I tried my best to be invisible and followed Jack and Merrida to the bleachers. Merida took out her books and began jotting down stuff.

"What are you doing?" Jack asked me.

"Huh? What?"

"Why are you covering your face? Is the sun stinging your eyes?" he laughed as though he'd never laughed before.

Laugh all you want, Jack. I don't want to be pounded like meat.

"Seen any cheerleaders?" Merida asked us as she placed her pen down. We tilt our heads and we do saw a spot of cheerleaders but there was no Rap.

"Oh look, there's Rap's boyfriend. We can ask him." She pointed out to the group of jocks doing some weird running spree or whatever they're doing.

"That oddball? You think he cares where Rap is?" Jack said. I looked at him and quickly nodded my head.

"Well, he should."

"All that guy knows are hair gels. I don't even think a gallon of it can last with him around."

"Y-yeah. Jack's right." I seconded, awkwardly. "I mean, why do you have to find Rap. If she's here she could just walk up to us on her own. Y-you know, like always."

"Lazy but fair point." Merida just nodded at my statement and continued her homework. Jack and I were quiet, there was nothing much to say, really, unless someone who I want to see the least is coming up the bleachers with two of his goons.

*Credited to: thehopefuls

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

120K 5K 198
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
1M 53.2K 34
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
181K 7K 66
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
4M 86.8K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...