No, I Cannot Sleep Without My...

Por Monica4242

Adrianna knows that she is meant to be with Jackson, the hottest guy in school. Her new neighbor Lucas is wil... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 14 (Re-Posted)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Author's Final Note

Chapter 34

33.2K 896 38
Por Monica4242

Chapter 34

This Monday was worse than any other Monday.

Why?

Well first, it’s Monday.

Second, I’ve had a terrible weekend.

Third, I’m going through my first heartbreak.

Fourth, mom won’t let me stay home.

Fifth, I’m seeing Lucas in less than an hour.

I sighed as I put on a pair of blue skinny jeans and a simple white T-shirt with the words ‘Free Hugs’ on it in the same blue color as my jeans.

I let my brown hair down today to cover at least a bit of my face.

I tried to fix the way I look and it worked a bit. I didn’t look as horrible as yesterday.

I reluctantly walked to school, regretting each step I was taking.

Why is my life going downhill?

I sighed as I walked through the hallways, forcing a smile when people greeted me. I got to my locker and saw Lucas heading to his locker which was next to mine.

When I looked at him, my heart broke again and the pain from yesterday came back, full force. Tears where threatening to spill but I bit my lip till I felt the metallic taste of blood in my mouth, forcing the tears back.

“Hey Ade,” I heard Jackson’s voice “You’re being generous today.”

He was referring to my ‘free hugs’ shirt. I closed my locker and faced him with a slight smile on my face.

“Hey,” I greeted him.

His smile disappeared and he frowned at me,

“What happened?”

I shrugged, “Nothing.”

He narrowed his eyes at me for a few seconds before realization flashed across his face and he gasped,

“He-He… You… didn’t,” he pointed at Lucas’s locker and at me.

I shook my head, a small sad smile on my face, “He was making out with some blond girl when I went to talk to him.”

My voice was low and broken.

His eyes widened and he directly pulled me into a hug, “I’m so sorry Ade.” His voice was full of sadness and concern.

I hugged him back, trying hard not to cry.

His hug was comforting but not enough to heal my broken heart.

We pulled away when the bell rang and went in separate ways.

I was dreading first period because Lucas was going to be there.

I walked into my math class with my head down, not wanting to see him or anyone else for that matter.

I sat in my usual seat at the back of the class. Mr. Martin came in and started the lesson then suddenly, the door swung open and Lucas came in as if he had no care in the world.

Our eyes met for a brief second before I quickly looked down again, not wanting him to see my heartbroken expression because I couldn’t hide it.

“Why are you late Mr. Taylor?” my math teacher asked.

“I overslept,” Lucas shrugged “Is there a problem?”

My eyes widened at his response.

Since when was he like that?

Lucas definitely changed in this past week. He’s staying with a different girl each day and now he’s arriving late to class and lying?!

I saw him in the hall this morning! And by the way his hair was messed up and his shirt was crumpled, I knew that he was with another girl.

That thought made a lump form in my throat and I swallowed to stop myself from sobbing.

This is not the Lucas I fell in love with.

“Yes as a matter of fact there is,” Mr. Martin said in an angry voice “Since this is your first time, I’ll let you off with a warning but if it happens again you’ll get detention for a week. Understood?”

“Whatever,” Lucas ignored him and sat in the only empty seat, which unfortunately was next to me.

I felt him glance at me a few times during class but I ignored him. As soon as the bell rang, I jumped out of my chair and started running to the door. But someone grabbed my wrist and by the jolts of electricity I knew that it was Lucas.

“My mom told me that you came over yesterday,” he said coldly “What do you want?”

I removed my hand from his tight grasp, still not daring to look at him, and said, “You’ve changed Lucas.”

My voice was barely above a whisper but I knew that he heard it because we were the only ones in the classroom.

He snorted, “I changed? What about you, huh?”

I shook my head, “I didn’t change Lucas. You know very well that I’m here for you no matter what. I am your friend and I thought you were mine too. I didn’t give up on you but you clearly gave up on me. I’m tired of this Lucas. I just want my life to go back to being simple. I’m done with all this drama. I don’t want this anymore. I’ve had the worst weekend because it was filled with drama enough for a lifetime.”

 My voice broke at the end of the sentence when the image of Lucas and that blond bimbo flashed in my mind.

I shook my head to clear the disturbing picture as I ran away from him for the third time in a few days.

That’s it. I officially give up for good.

I ran and ran till I reached my little hiding spot behind the school. It was where my favorite tree was. I haven’t been here in a while. I sat there, deciding to skip class.

A few tears escaped against my will and I wiped them away furiously.

I was done crying over him.

I needed to talk to someone but I had no one right now.

Suddenly an idea popped into my head and I stood up quickly. I jogged to where I wanted to go before I changed my mind.

Fifteen minutes later I was standing in the cemetery all alone. I walked the not so familiar route to Marcus’s grave.

Marcus Marshall

[2000-2009]

You will remain in our hearts forever.

I fell down on my knees, crying silently.

I haven’t been here ever since that day two years ago. I was too scared to come.

Now guilt was eating me up and I needed to apologize. He needs to know how sorry I am. I placed the white rose on his grave and prayed a bit.

“I’m sorry Marcus,” I croaked.

Tears were now spilling freely.

“I’m sorry for doing this to you. I should’ve been more careful. I should’ve taken better care of you. I’m so sorry.”  I was sobbing loudly, thinking that there was no one around but I was wrong.

“Anna?” I froze when I heard his familiar voice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE READ:

Oh god! :O

I swear I didn't even know that 56 people read my story! I NEVER expected to see that much votes on a chapter. It was a dream but you guys made it come true and I have to thank every single one of you! <3 I love you all so much! (Okay, I'm getting a bit too emotional lol)

Anyway here's the next chapter cause I always keep my promises but this time I will raise the number of votes to 63 ;) haha let's see if you guys can vote this much in one day. Lol

IMPORTANT PART:

As you may have noticed, I posted a new story a few minutes ago 'Just Another Summer... Or is it?'

It's also Teen Fiction/Romance and I would REALLY appreciate it if you guys check it out and give me your opinions. :) It's in the external link.

Oh and if I get votes and comments on my new story I might upload this one faster (even if I don't get 63) ;)

Sorry for the long Author's note :$

Have a nice week everyone! <3

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

76.3K 3.9K 45
She had gotten used to being alone. . Being hidden from the world, but then he arrived, and nothing was the same anymore..... For he was the first...
277K 6.9K 31
A secret worth keeping. ~*~ Quinn Brent just moved back from South Carolina after her father's death. All the years she has been away, she's been thi...
222 26 17
Reece looses both his parent to a suicidal-murder and his boyfriend ditches him. he moves in with his Aunt. he becomes friends with the neighbor. Je...
7.4K 106 30
Bella it's 18 she lives with her mother who is disable and cant work, Bella works as a stripper at night and goes to school during day to get her do...