Somanca ( The Healer)

Galing kay MarthaStreams

Somanca is the gifted village healer, birthed by Sacrantha ( the first healer) and raised by Elder Fera who... Higit pa

Somanca ( The Healer)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Epilogue

Chapter Eleven

136 8 2
Galing kay MarthaStreams

CHAPTER ELEVEN 🌿

pic of Queen Tabrina

... not the only healer in existence

Amanti's words echoed in my mind. I couldn't believe what she just said. Could it be true? Havens I hoped she was telling the truth. It would the most amazing thing in the world to meet another healer. For years I've felt alone. My gift made me stand out like a sore thumb. It drove me insane how the people exploited it.

Maybe meeting a fellow healer could help me cope with the gift. Until then I had to find the orb of Arekticus for it was my only hope to living in peace and harmony.

Amanti opened the pure white carved doors that led in the court. My eyes widened when I saw the inside of the grand room. She clasped her hand to mine then pulled me inside.

Goodness me, it was unlike anything I've ever seen in my life. The marbled floor, walls and columns. The branched patterns carved into in columns flared upon the vaulted ceiling. There were flower shaped platforms on either side of the path that led straight to the throne. And atop of those platforms were sitting areas occupied by the almost godly beings clad in opulent regalia.

They chatted merrily to each other, sipping from their golden goblets. A group of musicians played their instruments at the entrance. They played an enchanting melody, faces alight with contentment. A crystal chandelier hung elaborately from the ceiling. Pearly shell shaped basins were mounted on the walls capturing the water that fell from the ceiling. Light spheres hovered in the air making the court appear magical.

We finally arrived at the throne. I stared at the lady who sat on the throne in a heavy red gown adorned with gold armor pieces along the bodice and shoulders, and white fur lining from the slits that revealed her ivory toned legs to the bottom,and the high flared collar of feathers. A crown of a golden bird with its wings spread widely and roses with branches coiling through the roses adorned her head.

Everything about her was flawless. Her oval face framed with pale pink hair that fell all the way to her hips. Her narrow nose and small pouty lips, along with her amber orbs made her look almost ethereal. She looked delicate like a flower but her sharp stare gave away the power that she had. Though delicate in appearance she was not to be played with. It was why she was Queen in the first place.

Amanti curtsied to the Queen while I just stood there like I was a lost cub. The Queen smiled a little, her stare directed at me. Amanti righted herself and greeted the Queen. I on the other hand was too nervous to utter a word.

" My Queen, I present to you, lady Somanca the healer of Tellus, " said Amanti gesturing to me.

" You and your companions are welcome, healer and I do hope my people have treated you well so far. I am Queen Tabrina of the Saëna Plutron court, " she said.

I gave a timid curtsy," Thank you, your highness. "

" From what I've gathered, you come from far. What has brought you so far from home?" she asked curiously.

" For many years I've kept my village safe from all those who wished us harm by erecting a barrier around it. I've grown weak from healing all the time and that has put a strain on the barrier. I seek the orb of Arekticus so that the village elders could aid me in healing. This is the only way I'll live to see generations of my people. It may seem like I'm selfish but I've grown tired of living like a dairy cow, always being drained for selfish reasons.

"I've experienced every pain imaginable. While I'm grateful for my gift, it has become a burden to me," I explained sadly.

She nodded seemingly understanding if my situation. " We have the orb of Arekticus but before I can give it to you I want you to stay a few days learning from our healer, Kymil. I'm certain you'll be rich with the healing knowledge when you go back home. "

" Thank you, your highness. It would mean the world to me to meet another like myself. For many years I've lived thinking that I was the only healer in existence and I'm thankful that I'm not the only one. And thank you for your hospitality." I stared gratefully at her, fighting the urge to jump sky high with the knowledge of the orb in her hold.

And all I had to do was stay a few days. Should be easy.

" I'll be seeing you at dinner. Enjoy your day," she said dismissively.

Amanti led me out the court and to the gardens. I was surprised to see Eron and Ranthel chatting with three lassies. As for Venerus he was in the pond with another lad engaged in a deep conversation. Venerus' tail swished back and forth creating mini waves around him.

" Should we go to them?" asked Amanti surveying the activity going on in the gardens with furrowed brows.

" No, I'll see them later. How about you take me to the healer?"

She grinned, eyes gleaming with amusement. " He's already here." She pointed in the direction of the pond, where Venerus was in the company of another. " He's over there flirting with your friend. "

I chuckled at her words. It would be unwise to disturb them. Maybe Venerus would get his prince charming in the healer.

I turned to Amanti. " Well in that case you must show me around." She nodded and began taking me to different parts of the palace. She went as far as to take me outside the palace and to parts of the kingdom.

It was the most fun I've ever had in my life. Amanti was truly the best company I've ever had. She was just so friendly yet had an intensity to her that for some reason triggered something akin to infatuation in me. She radiated warmth and comfort and I couldn't help basking in the attention she was giving me.

For a long time people only needed me when they needed to be healed and after that I'd just be forgotten. That really stung. To think of the all the pain I endured to get them back to their healthy self only to be ignored afterward really hurt to the core. Elmorans seemed to forget that I was a person too and while I had a gift to possibly lessen the chances of them ever suffering to the brunt of illness I suffered most.

Maybe meeting healer Kymil would be good for me.

After a very long day of being shown the wondrous spots of Saëna Plutron we went back to the palace and we were immediately ushered to the grand dinning hall for dinner.

A long mahogany table with patterns carved into it dominated the room with equally elaborate mahogany chairs with soft velvet sitting pads and arched backs were around the table. The chair on the left end of the table was more a throne which told me who it belonged to.

I took a sit beside Amanti and we were joined by other nobles, royal bloods and high ranking warriors. The Queen made a grand entrance as expected with her entourage. She wore a different gown from the one one she'd worm earlier on.

The gown she was wearing now was midnight blue encrusted with royal blue stones and frost like patterns embroidered on it. It was tight fitting from the bodice down to her thighs then flared out in layers upon layers of torn chiffon. She paired the dress up with a cloak that was made especially for that dress. A branched crown fitted with blue crystals was around her intricately braided hair.

To be honest I thought it tiring being her. Having to appear perfect everywhere you went seemed exhausting. Gods, I didn't envy her one bit. The title fitted her ofcourse. I couldn't think of anyone taking her place.

We had all risen the minute the doors were pushed open. And when she sat she motioned for everyone to do the same, of which we did.

Not a minute later the servants littered in with gold trays of artful arranged meals that tickled my senses. They placed the gold trays on the table then they dished the food for us.

With every bite of my food I resisted the urge to moan out in satisfaction. The thought of embarrassing myself really ground me up and I was thankfully able to finish dinner without drawing attention.

Eron, Ranthel and Venerus were there and they kept throwing glances of relief at me. It had really felt like an eternity since talking to them and I just wanted this dinner to be over so that I could catch up with them.

My gaze fell on the gentleman sitting beside Venerus, so poise and graceful in the way he handled himself. He had long pastel honey hair that was braided to the side. His face was chiselled, complete with high cheekbones, plumb pink lips and a long narrow nose. His gold eyes were framed with long lashes and they seemed to glow with knowledge and warmth.

He must be the healer. I thought to myself.

From the little I'd observed earlier on I doubted he'd leave Venerus' side. The lad was enraptured by the merman. It was so romantic. Venerus truly deserved a second chance at love. As for the Prince of merpeople and his father, I hoped the flames of Berheimia would consume them.

After dinner the Queen and her entourage left. Eron, Ranthel and Venerus took that moment to attack me with bear hugs. I squeezed them back pouring as much love into the hugs as I would to my family. We were a family, afterall.

" You're okay?" It was Eron who first spoke.

I shook my head. " No, I should be asking you that question. "

" You had us worried there, healer Somanca. Out of all of us you took the longest to heal," said Venerus.

" Yes I guess, trying so hard to heal all of you when I was already weakened took its toll on me," I explained. They all looked guiltily at the floor.

" Hey, I'm fine," I said reassuringly, "I would have done it again if time was reversed to that moment. I needed all of you to make it. "

" And what about you, healer Somanca? What about your own health? " asked Amanti, angrily.

I looked away from her piercing gaze in shame. There was just something so intense about her. She made me nervous. She made me question a lot of things about myself including my life choices. I was well aware that I was mindlessly reckless. It was all because of my inability to say ' no '.

I was not strong enough to resist healing even if I was asked to heal a very silly injury.

I hand squeezing my shoulder brought me out of my train of thought. I stared, startled, at Amanti's golden orbs.

" You are more than just a healer. You are elmoran and you are not immune to death. Stop trying to let your gift run your life," she said sternly, her words laced with frustration.

" Do you think we go to healer Kymil for every little wound or injury? No, " she shook her head then continued, " We bite back our whimpers and endure. We only ask to be healed in very serious life threatening cases. "

Everything she said made me feel like I was the most foolish elmoran to ever live on Earthelona Eris. Why had I let my people drain me so much? It was terrifying how many times I could've died being exposed to so much pain and all. How could I be so foolish as to think I was invincible?

I really needed healer Kymil's guidance. That was the only way I could live to see generations of my people. Now I knew why I suffered all my life. It was my doing. I drew all the pain and the suffering of others and it was I who would be my undoing.

That was the truth, though bitter. Unless I changed. At this point I would welcome the change and I would embrace it.

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

There you have it, lovelies. I'm sorry I took so long to update this story. I've been very busy. Even now I'm tired as hell and I'd like more than anything to sleep but I chose to complete this chapter. I'm grateful to those who are reading this book and voting for it. It wouldn't hurt to tell me what you think of the book so far. Havens, I'm rambling. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it and do vote and comment. Might give me the energy to update every week.

MARTHA STREAMS

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

67 18 10
In the realm of Ixia, where humans and fae folk teeter on the edge of conflict, a young fae named Elara finds herself embarking on a perilous journey...
61.1K 1.7K 42
Elusia Vale is the most fabulous adventurer, swordswoman, thief, and lover to ever grace Ishara, and she is always the first to say so. Her life has...
1.5M 61.9K 45
[THIS STORY WILL BECOME FREE ON THE 5th OCTOBER 2023] Fara's husband, the Prince of Azura, is murdered and she's enslaved by his killer, Theodan, a w...
584 1 36
**This is the CLEAN version! The sexy version is available on Radish at https://radish.app.link/h0fk0S0q9rb** Determined mer warlord Torun can't wait...