The Replacement Girlfriend

By AubreyEatsHearts

Chase Evans may be a notorious playboy, but he’s always known he’d fall hopelessly in love one day. So when h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64

Chapter 41

394K 4.2K 742
By AubreyEatsHearts

Just a heads up, I did start writing this story a while back so the movie is a littttttle out of date. Anyways, love ya~ XD  

41. Rock My World

As much as Krislynn was reluctant to admit, Chase’s cooking was just beyond exceptional – to the point where she suspected he hired someone to cook in his place. It wouldn’t be so hard for someone of his prestige to perform, and when she told him so, earned a weary frown from the man himself. “That didn’t happen,” he argued, sitting in the middle of her bed with a metal fork in one hand. “I woke up extra early this morning to make this.”

She didn’t believe him one bit. “You’re not a morning person. How did you even wake up without five alarm clocks ringing at your side?”

Chase let out an uneasy cough as he reached for a mini sausage with his fork. “Alright,” he muttered. “So I’m a bad sleeper and I rolled off the couch at seven this morning with nothing better to do alright? Bite me.”

Hissing, Krislynn smashed her fork against his and took the sausage he was aiming for. “I don’t share!”

“Oh come on, I didn’t make all of that for you!” His fork dived beneath her extended arm and stabbed into a piece of Belgium waffle and smirked, tasting victory for a mere second before Krislynn lunged for the same piece of waffle. “Do you have to fight with me over the littlest things?! Let me eat damn it!”

The atmosphere almost felt abnormally normal compared to only a moment before, but Krislynn held her breath and didn’t point it out for the fear of somehow jinxing it. As much as some people liked to hold onto sad things, she liked to let them go. There was no use keeping them and since she already decided she was going to forgive him, she wasn’t going to hold a grudge against him any further.

“Oh I’m sorry.” She teased, successfully uplifting his fork from her waffle with hers. “I thought you said you made me breakfast in bed.”

“A simple misunderstanding,” he declared. “I made you breakfast so that I can eat it with you in bed.”

She gave him a mischievous grin before allowing him to share her breakfast with her.

As if worried she might suddenly change her mind, Chase stuffed several things into his mouth at once and beamed at her with cheeks like a squirrel keeping several nuts in its mouth. He rested his fork on the edge of the bed tray once he had a fair amount before hopping off the bed and moving towards her drawer to grab the T.V remote. He settled back on her bed quickly after – this time beside her.

“So I have to work on something for my movie in a little bit,” he said as he flipped though the channels with one hand and forked a strip of bacon in his mouth with the other.

“Fade to Black?”

Chase looked up in a moment of surprise before shaking his head. “Oh no, my last movie. It’s not out in theatres yet, but it’s going to be soon, and I’ve just got some paperwork I have to do.” She nodded in comprehension before he continued. “Anyways, it shouldn’t take longer than two hours so I was wondering... maybe we could do something after that – like, make up for last night.”

Lost in a fragment of shock, Krislynn halted her fork mid-air and stared at him unresponsively. “I don’t... I don’t think so,” she finally decided.

What?” His eyebrows creased together and rather than angry, he looked upset – maybe possibly even a little hurt. “Why not?” He asked, poking the scrambled eggs on the plate.

Krislynn shrugged hesitantly as the news echoed in the background. “I don’t know,” she murmured. “I mean, you sort of stood me up last night.”

“But I thought we were over that?”

“We are over that,” she reinforced. “We’re very over that! But you still stood me up, and there’s a difference between forgiving and doing it all over again.”

“So basically, you don’t trust me anymore.” Chase went silent, both his head and eyes lowered. It wasn’t awkwardness, but tension, and for a moment, it took over the entire room. “Please?” He came back with a smug look, apparently trying for something a little bit more light-hearted and cocky. “Baby, I could rock your world.”

Krislynn laughed. “I can rock my own, thanks.”

His smirk only grew. “Bet you can’t rock your bed by yourself.”

“Not like something of your size can rock much,” she muttered, and watched his expression as it quickly sunk. “You know what I thought when I smacked my knee into your crotch last night?” She said, deciding to jab it even further. “I was like, ‘holy shit! Wow! There’s like, nothing there!!’”

His face grew into a demon’s – eyes filled with so much hot rage that he looked like he might start exploding. He jumped off the bed immediately and started stomping away, and suddenly feeling a little bit bad, Krislynn called out to him. “Wait Chase! Don’t be so short-tempered. I was just teasing!”

He spun his head around and let out a beastly growl. “I’m going to find measuring tape!!” He shouted, digging into her drawers. “I’m going to prove myself to you today once and for all!”

Krislynn couldn’t help but roll with laughter. “No Chase! Please spare me! No measuring tape! Please!”

“It gets a lot bigger once I’m fully aroused okay?!”

“Okay,” she squealed hysterically. “Okay! I get it! No measuring tape! Pleaase!”

“You don’t believe me?!!” He screamed.

“Noooo,” she cried, her stomach aching from the laughter. “I believe you! I believe you!”

“I’ve got a ruler!”

“I believe you,” she giggled. Quickly, moving the bed tray to the side, Krislynn walked over to where Chase was standing and warmly hugged him from behind, her hands making a neat knot against his washboard abs. Soft, unrestrained chuckles continued coming out of her mouth as she pressed her nose into the small indent of his spine.

“Are you sure?” He raged. “Because I could whip it out right now! I could show you!!”

“I’m sure,” she laughed. “I believe you alright? I’ve never believed you more than this moment right now!”

“Okay, but those are your words,” Chase said abruptly. Krislynn couldn’t tell what he was thinking as his hands moved over to where hers were, gently unknotting them before he placed his much bigger hands over top of her smaller ones – each finger intertwined through hers. “You said, you’ve never believed me more than this moment right now, and right now, I’m telling you, I really want to go out with you tonight. I want to make it a night you won’t ever forget.” Slyly, he peeked over his shoulder at her. “Do you believe me?”

Krislynn’s heartbeat jumped at his words. She hid unsurely behind his back for a moment before she tugged away, but he knew her well, and had already set up the precaution before she could see it coming. With gentle ease, his hands gripped onto hers and easily pulled her back in as soon as she started pulling away, causing the front of her body to bump into his back. He crisscrossed his own arms in front of him after, still holding tightly onto her hands so that her arms had to wrap around his waist in the process.

Chase could feel her breath against him as she rested her forehead against his spine. “Do you believe me?” He asked again.

Her reply came as quiet as the whispering of the wind. “Yes.”

“Good.” He smiled as he peeked over his shoulder once more. “So do I have a date with you tonight?”

Krislynn was hesitant, but then murmured a soft reply. “But Michelle isn’t even here. I’m not going to be as dressed up as I am yesterday and I—”

“Krislynn.” Chase gripped onto her hands a little tighter. “I have a gigantic black eye. Do you mind that?”

She shook her head. “No.”

“I feel the same way about your fashion sense.”

Krislynn stuck her lips out in a pout. “But I thought you did mind.”

He hesitated before speaking. “I did,” he admitted. “But that’s never really stopped you has it?”

Krislynn only narrowed her eyes. She wanted him to say something like he had accepted that as a part of her or even something as far as saying he liked that quirky part of her, but in the end, he hardly gave her an answer. “So then, you do mind it.” She concluded, realizing he was still Chase Evans no matter what he did.

Chase made a face. “Does it honestly matter?” He asked. “So I still think that your taste in fashion is an embarrassment. I’m still going to be the one walking beside you down the street right?” She mused over his answer as he continued. “Anyways, let’s just keep it casual tonight. Is there something in mind that you want to do?”

“Oh! Oh! Oh! I want to see Tangled! You know that Disney movie?”

“Seriously? You want to watch a movie?” He let her hands go and spun around to study her with a cynically raised eyebrow. Excitement poured out of her eyes in the form of glitter, and though he was frankly sick of movies since he worked with them all day, he didn’t tell her. “I don’t know if that’s still in theatres though.”

Krislynn bit her lip. “It would be cool if it was though.”

“Well, whatever. We’ll work something out.”

Krislynn nodded, and after the both of them finished breakfast – which ironic enough ended up being around noon – she cleaned up as Chase locked himself inside his study. Since she had a while before she needed to get ready, Krislynn decided it was a good time to give Ella’s mom a call. She’d been in L.A for two whole weeks already, she realized, which meant she had left Canada for almost three weeks.

The thought was frightening almost, since she had never left the country for that long, and because she had concentrated her previous attempts on phoning Ella’s cell which had been long disconnected, it was about time she gave her home phone a ring.

Using the phone from the living room, she pressed in the digits without a second thought. They were second nature to her – something that was tattooed into the inside of her heart – and after waiting for three rings, Ella’s mother picked up.

“Oh Krislynn sweetie! Thank God you’re okay!” Ella’s mother, Bethany, chirped when Krislynn told her who she was. “I went over to your trailer a couple weeks ago to give you some cookies that I made and it’s gone! What happened dear?! I can’t have you disappearing on me too now that Ella is gone!”

Krislynn smiled as she listened to Bethany bicker. It was true Beth did more nagging than normal mothers, but Krislynn had always welcomed it with warmth rather than annoyance. “Yeah... Well, a lot happened, but it’s not important anymore.” A heavy sigh weighed down her lips as it passed through on its way out. “So then, Ella’s still not back yet? Have you gotten any calls from her?”

“No calls,” Beth sighed, “but I did get a postcard from her last week.”

Krislynn’s heart started pounding. “From where?! She did put down a return address at least!”

“Well, yes. Russia, actually.”

Her heart felt a hundred times heavier than a moment before. “Russia?!”

Beth murmured dryly across the phone line. “Yes, but it was sent out from Texas in the States.”

“So then... is Ella in Texas or Russia?”

“I highly doubt either. She was probably just passing through Texas, but thought she’d be smart to write that she departed to Russia.” There was a long pause before Beth continued. “Anyways, Ella says she’s fine and she’s still with that... that...boy from Mexico. I’m sure there’s no need for you to worry about her. Speaking of which, where are you living right now dear?”

Rather than explaining the whole story, Krislynn stuck to the basics. “Well, right now I’m in L.A, but I’m with friends so there’s no need for you to worry about me either.”

“Well that’s fine I guess,” she muttered, “but if you ever need a place to come home to, you know our house will always welcome you – even if Ella’s no longer here.”

Krislynn nodded even though she knew Beth wouldn’t see her. Beth had always treated her like a second daughter and Krislynn couldn’t have been more thankful for her, but Ella’s dad was another story – perhaps even the exact opposite – though he had never said anything in particular in front of Krislynn’s face.

After a couple more minutes of chatting, Krislynn bid her good health and hung up, deciding she would start picking out her outfit for the evening. She ended up being a lot fussier than she intended, but at last settled on a simple, white camisole tank top with a sunny, yellow cardigan over top, and her shortest jean skirt ever – which in fact, went a little past her knees.

For her hair, she curled it slightly; teasing it until it looked like it had ridden the Californian waves since the day she’d been born before she placed an adorable, white headband to add a touch of delicateness to her look. Needless to say, she was extremely pleased with how cute her reflection in the mirror was, and though she had next to no experience on making herself ‘cute’ she was rather exceptional at it.

Chase banged on her bathroom door just as she bathed in the feelings of attractiveness, causing her to jump and knock her hairbrush into the sink. She picked it up quickly, putting the brush to the side before snapping at him. “Why are you always in my room?”

“Because you never lock any of your doors,” he muttered. “What are you doing in your bathroom for so long? I’ve been sitting on your bed for a good ten minutes and then I heard laughing – like the really evil kind.”

Krislynn blushed immediately, unaware that she had been giggling out loud. “Shut up,” she barked and instantly crashed into her side of the bathroom door, locking it in place. “What do you want?”

“Just telling you to get ready if you haven’t,” he said nonchalantly. “We didn’t have a proper lunch so I’m hoping we could go early and grab something to eat. You in for that?”

“Of course!”

Chase chuckled quietly to himself. “I don’t know why I even bothered asking,” he muttered, and Krislynn could hear his voice becoming fainter as he apparently walked away.

She pouted at herself in front of the mirror before putting on makeup, just a tad of mascara and a lot of strawberry flavoured lip gloss. She puckered her lips dramatically in front of the mirror with the shiny pink gloss on, smacking her lips over and over, imagining what Chase would think as the streetlights danced around them like fireflies, as he leaned in, lowered his head, as she held her breath, stood on her tippy toes...

Krislynn closed her eyes and stuck her lips out, leaning into the mirror before her eyes shot open in bewilderment and she stared at her reflection in shock. “Noooo,” she squealed. “Not that– Not that I was planning to kiss him or anything!!”

It was a very hard thing to do apparently, trying to explain yourself to yourself. No matter what Krislynn did, the person inside the mirror kept looking back at her with a cynical expression. You know you want to kiss him.

When the internal battle finally ended inside the bathroom, Krislynn slipped on a pair of floral flats before walking downstairs where Chase was watching a sports game on T.V, already dressed and waiting for her. He looked up when he heard the footsteps and watched her intently as she made her way down and then all the way up to him.

Chase gave her a final up and down when she stood in front of him, and Krislynn waited anxiously to see what he’d say, hoping it was even remotely close to positive. He himself was dressed in a Diesel T-shirt, jeans and a black blazer, though it hardly ever seemed to matter what he wore. He was one of those dreadful people that can look good in anything and everything.

At first, he couldn’t stop looking at her, especially at various parts of her body that she personally didn’t want to get too into, but after what seemed like forever, he finally met her eyes and parted his lips. “Finally. I’m starving. Let’s go.”

Krislynn felt like punching him. She couldn’t believe all this effort, this personal effort, was all for absolutely nothing.

Grunting, she followed him as they made their way out of the house and towards his car of choice for the evening. “You know, it makes me feel really awkward when we’re supposed to be on a ‘date’ and you’re wearing the most pissed off expression on your face.”

Krislynn didn’t bother hiding what she was so upset about. “You didn’t tell me how I looked tonight,” she grumbled. “I was so concerned about not showing up embarrassing, but not wearing anything way out of my comfort zone, so I threw this outfit together and you didn’t say a word about it.” Aware that she was being a complete girl, Krislynn puffed her cheeks and stared at the ground.

“You’re mad because of something like that? What’s with girls and trying to fish for compliments all the time?”

“I’m not,” she shouted. “I just... It would be nice if you at least thought I looked okay or something.”

The corners of Chase’s lips curved upwards as he placed a hand on each of Krislynn’s shoulders and pulled her closer to him. He peered down at her and waited until she glanced up before he spoke. “Do you remember what you first thought when you looked in the mirror after you finished getting ready?”

She nodded. Cute, she had thought.

“Well, I think the exact thing,” he said with a shy smile, “except times a thousand.”

Krislynn only wrinkled her nose at him. “But what if I thought I looked ugly?” She asked.

Chase’s boyish grin washed off his face immediately as his hands dropped to his side. “You are such a buzz kill,” he said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 366 32
WARNING ⚠️ This book I am not proud of and I could have done better. In my opinion it's kinda bad but be my guest to give it a shot and find out you...
142K 958 8
"The most thing I hate and will always hate is you... keep that in mind." "Well... babe, there is a thin line between hate and love!" "Asshole!" Is...
209K 8.6K 68
LUKA KELP NYC's most famous male model. Ideal boyfriend. Too sweet to be true. Morally Civil. ~•~ CHASE RUEL Multibillionaire. Arrogant CEO. Alcohol...
133K 4.6K 43
[NOT EDITED AT ALL AND VERY VERY CRINGY] Meghan Tresca. She's fun, sweet and beautiful, and the definition of a good girl. Chase Carter. He's arrogan...