Strong(One Piece x Reader)[ED...

By Animefreak1145

The Pirates Era has ships sailing all over the world to chase and find the One Piece, as well as to become Pi... More

Prologue
The Straw Hat Crew
The Fistbump Duo
Smoke, Fire, and Sand
Naive?
The Straw Hats See You Later!
Master and Savior
Something is Coming
Dark Justice Returned
Bite
Of Ropes and Ships
Farewell Party
One Last Time
Two Birds One You
Your Crew
Not a Captain
Common Grounds
Affection
It's Coming...
The Ruthless Admiral
Protect
Your Father
Found
Questions
Celestial Dragon
The Boy Named Kuro
Bites From Cats Hurt
Auctioning Yourself
Rayleigh and Your Father
It Has Come
What?!
The Value of Nakama
Silver Blood Captured
I'm sorry
It's Time
The Past: Dispatched
The Past: CP9
White and Silver
Arrival
This is Nothing
Meeting an Okama
Lovers...?!
Pain
This...is...NOTHING!
The Return
A Hopeful and Crazy Idiot
Hate and Disapproval
Roomate
Your Treasure
The Empress
Your Sentence
He's my friend...!
The Future Pirate King
Trust-The Best Thing in the World
Extra: Your Old Clothes and Your New Ones
The Ultimate Team
Secret
Blackbeard
The Comedic Duo
A Gentlemen?!
Comforting
An Idiotic but Likeable Clown
Success?
Naive...?
Halloween Event: Part 1
Halloween Event: Part 2
Hope
The Lizard
Blushing Like a Farm Girl
Let's Ride This Wave
Concern
Kiss
Battle of Marineford
First Battle
Crocodile VS Flamingo
Second Battle
Questions Unanswered
Dark
Memories
Warlord's Eyes
The Harsh Truth
It hurts
Never Smile At a Crocodile
With New Determination
Garp, The Man Who Cared
Sweet Victory
The Fistbump Duo Reunited
Keep Moving!
Protect
...no
Humiliating Defeat
Mask, Gone
The Bond of Silver and White
The End is Nearing
Slowly Fading
Buggy to the Rescue...?!
Naive
Nightmare
Scratches and Bites
Suspected Worries
The Mission
Your Savior
Forgiveness...?
The Man Like the Sun
A Dream
The Song of Hopes and Dreams
Silver Blood's Morals
Always
Back With a Bang!
The Call
Chaos
Scarred Promises
•Intermission•
New Nakama and New Adventures
Lost and Confused
A Mother's Love
The Possibility of Something
Find Yourself Before You Search

It's Been Awhile

16.7K 661 188
By Animefreak1145

It barely took you a few minutes before you were frowning to yourself, wondering why you were doing this again.

I'm starting to think I'm too nice.

You thought to yourself, (e/c) eyes checking to see if the marines were still trying to find the Straw Hats that somehow disappeared from view before you used Kamisori to go into the Tower where Lucci was.

You managed to gather Kaku and Kalifa too, them being conscious as you deposited them onto your boat. Wondering why you were here only for you to tell them to be quiet and if they spot the others, to try to signal them to come to your boat. Kaku's eyes assessing with a frown that shouldn't be there with Kalifa seeming to be in thought when you stated you're going towards Lucci, hand keeping the blanket covering her bare form(you didn't even want to know what happened with that). Eyes behind glasses regarding you before hiding a smile behind her hand, which you didn't pay attention to as you moved on.

Why am I doing this? Really...

You thought as you landed by Lucci's unconscious body. Before you picked him up, you noticed the scar on his tanned back. The one that was practically a brand of the World Government symbol and still the only scar he's gotten based on what you can tell from his upper half alone.

It was less scarred then before. You reaching a hand towards it, to actually feel it's smoothness compared to before only to pull back.

You only smiling wryly, you touching your own scar on your left cheek in memory instead.

You though of a cream left outside a door. To heal and restore. To say bye.

He's been using it. That damn proud and sadistic cat actually has been using that cream you gave to him long ago.

"Heh..." You couldn't help but release, eyes behind your cap being half lidded and enigmatic. "You...really are a bastard..."

You picked him up gently, not wanting to move him that much because of his bloody injuries, throwing his arm around your shoulder and keeping a hand on his waist. You heard him growl, you glanced at him to see his eyes half lidded and open. Staring at you.

Those eyes.

He's asking why again.

You know he is. He's given that look to you before when the both of you were still a team. When the both of you were partners. Just two young teenagers that became young adults, stuck together whether they wanted to or not.

When you were still in CP9.

The organization that causes you to wake up with a cold sweat, tears threatening to fall as a result of your nightmares. Still to this day, that makes the space under your eyes look a tad more sunken at times. Learning to live with little sleep.

The organization that made your mind and memories a blur each time you looked at your hands, those bloody hands. Those, those very bloody hands. That would stick with red and stunk of copper and it felt as if your mouth was coated with it when you would bite your tongue. To not talk back. To keep your mouth shut or everything you wanted will go down to the shithole and everything you did at that point would've been for naught if you spoke up.

The organization that made you realize how the world works.

But...

Despite all of this...

You thought of the odd conversations you had with the other members, them having small smiles and smirks. While others gave big chortles or huge laughs. Of odd haiku's that made no sense, of feeding the watchdog's because "they're hungry!", of gossip not quite being whispered to your ear but a loud mutter, of a manicured hand around a martini glass and words of being a woman assassin, of a irritated expression when the purple booger mentioned hating baseball, of a ship in a bottle hidden in a room not quite under the bed as if ashamed but not wishing to be. The times where you actually let out those rare smiles, and chuckles. With Lucci smirking next to you. Even if it was sadistically.

You thought of campfires. The scent of wood, the sound of crackling fire and fish being cooked and pierced by two sticks. Hattori cooing.

You recalled once more of biting your tongue. Never saying what you wished. Not saying what you mean. How long it took you to even admit what you're about to say to yourself.

You thought of a promise.

You gave him a soft smile as you adjusted him so you can carry him easier. Dark eyes seeming to focus more in attention on you when your hand on his waist moved more to his abdomen at the adjustment.

"Because, dear Lucci, you're my comrade." You whispered with conviction and assurance. Back then, you weren't sure why you did the things you did for Lucci. You weren't sure at all.

You just knew it was because you saw him as a comrade. But you didn't know why. Why you saw the sadistic man as a friend. Why him? The one who loved to kill and fight? Reveled in it?

Except, for comrades, why should there be a reason?

You don't need reasons for being friends with someone, you just are.

That's what it means.

Your smile widened, your eyes closing as you gave the exhausted Lucci a bright smile.

"Cause you're my friend!"

Lucci's eyes widened in shock and surprise, and then slowly closed again. This time however, a small twitch of the lips was plastered on his face.

The quiet silence with a warmth on your back.

You blinked, eyes darting towards his sleeping expression, his body drooping  more on you as his breaths turned slow and heavy.

...what a stupid man.

Your lips twitched subconsciously despite the thought. Widening when you heard a flutter of wings and the feel of something landing on your cap, Hattori doing a sad Coo. You told Hattori to hang in there before strengthening the hold around him and keeping yourself upright as you started to drag him to the huge hole on the wall of the Tower.

You need to get him down there without jostling him too much. His broken ribs can worsen.

"Oi! What, you decided to throw that shit cat off the cliff finally?!" You blinked, turning back to see Blueno using his Open Door ability behind you and Jabra stepping out of it with a scowl and a fist raised in front of him, shaking it. Blueno looked like he didn't want to be here for this as he raised his eyes skyward. "Well, I don't care who you became or your weird relationship with that guy—but know this! I'm the only one that gets to kill that shitbag and not you!" At this point, Jabra reached in front of you and was pointing right at your nose. Your eyes crossed at it. "And I'm definitely not gonna just throw him off towards the devilish sea! The shitty cat is gonna be tortured by me first and show felines everywhere that—"

Jabra kept going on a tangent, your lips slowly growing as he went on before letting out a snort.

"What's so funny?!" Jabra asked, you only shaking your head as you adjusted Lucci's arm around you.

"Nice to see you too, Jabra." Jabra froze, doing a little sputter before he released a "Tch!" and scratched the back of his tied back head, kicking at the ground once. You could hear him mumbling something about "you too" or that he guesses they can both end Lucci, but the sick bastard might like it than but you turned your attention towards Fukuro who also stepped out the Open Door. Hattori flying away from your head and pecking at a yelling irritated Jabra now. Fukuro blinked his eyes in a way that made him appear like an owl with how wide they were. "Ah...Fukuro...long time no—"

The sound of a zip opening.

"Chapapapa! (Y/N)! Do I have stuff to tell you!" Fukuro said cheeringly. Blueno's, Kumadori's(who was still behind Blueno on the other side), and even the now freshly scratched Jabra along with Hattori snapped their heads over. "I missed you! Actually, everybody felt the Tower more empty now that you were gone! Jabra missed pranking on Lucci with you!"

"H-Hey!"

Fukuro went on, not seeming to care how everyone's eyes seemed to bore into him to watch his words while you stared at him incredulously.

"But you should've seen Lucci, he barely even wanted to take cat naps up at the roof any—"

Jabra grabbed Fukuro's cheek harshly, making Fukuro making a strangled "Chapapapa" before Jabra zipped his mouth back up.

"Don't say things you don't—I mean—" Jabra turned towards you, an odd nervous scowl on his face. Him gesturing towards Fukuro while still holding his cheek harshly. "He clearly still likes gossip. Don't pay him any mind. He just really likes rumors and spreading them." Jabra squeezed, smile turning threatening and not at all fitting his face as ticks formed. "Don't you Fukuro...?! DON'T THINK I FORGOT ABOUT THE GATHERINE THING!"

You shook your head, before Kumadori jumped out the Open Door and doing a pose. His hand out while the other was behind him holding his staff, one leg bent and the other straight as he held one eye in a prolonged wink.

"Yoyoi!" Kumadori exclaimed. "All this talk of lost love needs a haiku—"

"No it doesn't!" Jabra bellowed.

"—of the most despaired variety. It goes like this." Kumadori took a breath and closed his eyes, pink thick hair like a mane moving in the wind as you stared blankly at the man. How does he still have energy? Didn't he get beat up? "This is only I, thinking of you and smiles, Sacred memories."

Kumadori opened his eyes, smiling like a maniac and staring at everyone unexpectedly.

"..."

"That...was..." you said, looking in thought as Hattori was on your head once more, appearing as if it was patting under its eyes for tears with a wing.

"That may have been your best," Blueno conceded in a monotone, assessing Kumadori. Or was it appraisal?

A zip opened.

"I have to spread that everywhere now! I'll make sure to tell Lucci too when he—" A slap to the mouth by Jabra as he seemed to be having a tough time, face morphed into a discomforted scowl.

"I..." Jabra scratched at his cheek, before shrugging, beginning to pick his nose with his pinky as he turned his back to everyone. "It was okay."

The wolf Zoan's voice sounded tense, almost tremulous. His shoulders seeming to be shaking and his hand seemed to either move deeper into his nose or covering his face.

You and the others blinked. Hattori moving to fly overhead and fly by Jabra only to cry out: "Crying! Crying!"

You blinked again.

"Jabra's crying...?!"

"N-No!" Jabra blubbered, clearly not crying as fat tears went down his face as he squatted down to the ground. "I—I—there's just shit in my eye!"

"Yoyoi, Jabra!" Kumadori sniffed, wiping a stray tear as he drew close to Jabra and away tree down with him, putting a hand to the Zoan's back. "I did not think...to see the day where my poetry went through to you...! You must've really loved Gatherine!"

"S-shut up!" Jabra cried, breaking down even further as you moved slowly away until you, Fukuro, and Blueno were staring at them blankly. If one would look, one would spot Lucci's brow twitching in irritation at his coma state hearing the wolf blubber as you held him. What a miracle! "T-That bitch...who does she think...she is...?! Breaking up with me...for...for that shitty cat of all people!"

Kumadori put his hands on Jabra's shoulders, shaking him.

"No! You—" Kumadori's voice was thick, tears falling from his own black eye-lined eyes. "You deserve someone better, Jabra! Have hope and not fall to loss!"

"Really?!"

"Yoyoi!"

They both looked at each other, starting to bawl loudly as they held each other, cheek to cheek.

Fukuro leaned heavily towards an unamused Blueno, unzipping the corner of his lips to whisper to the bull haired man's ear. You too focused on the odd scene, a spotlight seeming to appear on the two while the rest of the environment was dark in dramatically effect.

"I bet if I tell him what I heard on how Lucci responded, he'll feel better."

"I doubt that," Blueno deadpanned.

This is a lot more dramatic than I thought it would be. Despite this, you can't help but wonder who they're talking about. Who wants to date Lucci anyways?

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

In a Friendly Marine WarShip holding islanders of Enies Lobby rescued from Buster Call

A woman with ridiculously high and protruding cheekbones that can surely cut someone if they attempted to kiss her cheeks, had a handkerchief between exaggerated thick and big lips, large eyes with dark pupils in tears.

I can't believe it ended like this! Gatherine thought, sharp features turning sharper as she cried quite messily in her cabin. The island is gone, my job is gone, but most importantly...

Gatherine thought of a dark gaze that matched the tall, dark, and handsome that came back from Water 7.

I lost my future husband! Gatherine clenched her teeth around her handkerchief, pulling it as she did so. There's no way those rumors about him and that now pirate trash all those years ago whispered in the gossip groups are true. But than why did he deny me?!

Gatherine thought back to when she broke up with that mangy ugly mutt after she noticed the handsome man that is Lucci-kun come out the train, his hair that must be like silk billowing in the wind. And than having a difficult time trying to track him down before seeing him walk down the halls to reach what Gatherine believed was his room. Her blue empty eyes seeming to sparkle as they travelled up and down in his wonderfully suited form, only ruined by that bird on his shoulder.

But it's fine, she could change that. She can make a man do anything for she's the most beautiful in Enies Lobby! She can just tell him to get rid of that diseased pest so they can freely be happy together with no concern of white stains.

Well... some white stains.

Gatherine had her plan in place, a charming smile on her lips that looked plastered on her face as she cleared her throat behind him. Only for him to keep walking. When clearing her throat again, albeit louder, didn't do anything she gracefully walked quickly and started to walk beside him. Trying to catch his attention again but he must've not seen her, his nose seeming to crinkle cutely before his long legs made longer strides along the floor that made him appear as if he was wading and not walking!

It took for her to run and stop in front of him, hands on her voluptuous hips and a smile still on her face despite the sweat on her skin for him to finally stop. The mere sound of quiet embodying the hall now there are no footsteps made Gatherine feel tension.

Which had to be sexual tension! He was staring so harshly at her, as if he wanted to take her right now~!

Gatherine ignored the bird, who stared at her with pupil-less eyes before releasing a Coo that sounded like a dismissal a he turned his head up before proceeding to clean his feathers.

She mentioned how she saw him earlier, how powerful he looked coming out of that train with that Devil Child in tow. How he must've gotten much attention in Water 7 but he's back home now and certain prospects are available for him to exclusively use. She made sure to lower her voice, tone seductive and eyelashes fluttering as she mentioned that he's a great man that would give no attention to a pirate offspring, calling him "Lucci-kun" as she did so with a hand reaching towards his chest that Gatherine knows holds ripples and tantalizing muscles.

Lucci's eyes seemed to darken before she couldn't see it anymore underneath his top hat, his form moving past her with smooth cold words.

"I don't cohort with someone that sleeps with dogs."

It made Gatherine's smile freeze on her face, the flying pest repeating "Cohort~!" a few times before saying "Waste~!" a couple more before they disappeared around a corner. Leaving Gatherine wondering of rumors that have to be impossible because who would sleep with a pirate bitch?! And choose you over her?!

"I don't cohort with someone that sleeps with dogs."

The words still repeat in her head even now!

Gatherine tightened her hold on her handkerchief, balling it in her fist before her empty eyes turned aflame.

I'll get you, pirate pest! And that mangy bird too!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

You and Hattori sneezed, your boat sailing next to the others on the train tracks to head to St. Poplar. Lucci's body near you and laying on the ground face up to not move him too much.

Kumadori telling you bless you and you giving a small thanks as you rubbed your nose in mild confusion. You felt the others stares keep glancing at you, Kaku as well who was on your boat along with a now covered Kalifa due to Jabra donating his shirt to her. Their stares seeming to want to question you but holding back for whatever reason as they left the destroyed Enies Lobby behind.

Good riddance.

You may recall a handful of nice moments, but that island is not one you call home.

Back when they were at the island and Kumadori and Jabra recovered from their...breakdown, Bleuno wanted to ask you something than to. Only to meet your eyes and how gently yet firmly you were holding Lucci before he shook his head and used his Devil fruit ability to go back to your boat and start their travel. It would've been faster if you used Geppo against the water as you held your boat, feet kicking, but that would mean piling all their bodies on boat in a dog pile which would've been uncomfortable. Something that Kaku pointed out despite you mentioning the idea.

You finally landed in St. Poplar by the empty barren shores, helping Lucci out while the others assisted with Kaku and Kalifa. You placing Lucci carefully against a rock wall, his body leaning heavily against it and his head bowed.

"What are you doing?" Blueno, the first to finally ask as the others stared at you in quiet assessment and confusion.

You glanced at him, a neutral expression on your face.

"I dropped you guys off in the nearest island by the now destroyed Enies Lobby. If I didn't, all of you would've drowned. Well, most. You guys seemed to have woken up just in time before they would've sunken you along with the island."

Jabra's expression twisted, glancing away as he seemed to mutter Spandam's name with clenched fist before meeting your gaze once more.

"Why would you care?" Jabra sneered from his place. You glanced at him, the other CP9 members all waiting for a response, except for Lucci who was unconscious. "I remember how it was for you back than. It wasn't that long ago. You didn't grow up with us like we did in Guanhao, but we could tell based on your expressions and how you spoke you despised the work."

"Indeed," Kalifa interjected reaching for glasses that weren't there to be fixed, her hand falling, "you hate us. You despise us, what do you want from us? To perhaps kill us yourself?"

You sighed and scratched the back of your head, looking skyward.

"You guys are idiots."

Jabra and Kumadori seemed to take offense to that, as well Kalifa. If their offended expressions and yell of protests had anything to do with it. You don't get them. They were all just acting like idiots with you a bit ago. Well, Fukuro did. But Fukuro always seems eager to tell you things.

You pointedly looked at all of them, shutting them up with a look.

"I don't hate you guys. I never did."

And it was true. If you did, you would've left them. If you did, you would've left them to die.

If you did, then you knew you wouldn't care.

But you did care.

At their surprised gazes, you walked towards the sat up and unconscious Lucci, them letting you.

"Lucci needs a doctor. I've been to this island before. Also pretty good food..." You assessed him. You lightly touched his shoulders with the squared X's, you in thought as you looked at him. "It should help you guys for now and get you guys back on your feet. You guys need to heal too and find some money to help with that."

Lucci always looked peaceful when he slept. You smirked at your thought as you pulled your hand back, and called out to the others to give Lucci a message when he wakes up.

"Tell him, 'You've been using it.'" Kalifa nodded and said they will tell it to him once he gets his treatment, you nodded gratefully towards her with a smile. Kalifa jumping in shock at the look towards her.

(Y/N)'s gaze then went towards Kaku. Who all this time has been silent and appeared to be brooding with a frown. A look that you recalled all those years ago but wished to remain in the past once you saw how free he looked in Water 7.

A bottled ship incomplete.

"You know Kaku, nothing's wrong with smiling or laughing sometimes." You said with a smile, Kaku glanced away from your gaze.

"I don't know what you're talking about Silver Blood." You slowly walked towards him, the long nosed man still not looking at you as you squatted in front of him. You turned his face towards your soft one with your finger, a questioning look on the young assassin's face.

"An assassin doesn't have to be cold all the time. A smile suits you so much better." Kaku's eyes widened as you gently let go of his chin, and walked towards your boat. Feeling the sense of a dream and a house at sea once more.

Jabra's glanced towards Kaku, who was looking at your form with a slowly forming soft gaze.

"Hey, you shouldn't look at her like that. She's Lucci's." Jabra's whispered to the new Zoan user, who only gave a shrug and a smile in response. It made Jabra want to smack him but instead he angrily whispered, "Fine, go ahead and get clawed, you know it all square giraffe!"

Kaku frowned at him.

"I like giraffes."

Jabra made a noise between disgust and a chortle, before your turned towards them in a wave.

"Can't wait to fight, Lucci! I'll be waiting!"

They all nodded, with Kumadori and Fukuro being the only one's who waved back. You didn't miss how Kaku gave you a thumbs up, something that made your smile widen as you turned your back towards them to face the incoming adventure. A sudden thought dawned on you however.

"Oi! Make sure you guys stay away from that bastard Spandam!"  From his character, you had a sneaking suspicion he would likely blame CP9 instead of himself on what happened with the Straw Hats and Enies Lobby. That's how that weak bastard was. If he didn't already. "He might pull a fast one on you guys."

Jabra gave a loud scoff as Blueno gave a slow nod.

"He already did. Me and Jabra had to watch ourselves as we maneuvered around the ruins. Soldiers were after us for being the reason the Buster Call was called and endangering everyone," Blueno slowly explained in his deep baritone. "Spandam is putting his mistake onto us."

"That man..." Kalifa gritted her teeth, moving to fix glasses that weren't there before lowering her hand. "That is sexual harassment of the highest caliber."

"Chapapapapa! Are we surprised? We know the kind of man Spandam is! Remember the puppy incident, Jabra?"

"Tch! Don't remind me! That little..." Jabra lifted both his hands, making a gesture as he envisioned Spandam between his hands to choke him and take that sick mocking grin out. "He's so having shit coming to him!"

"Yoyoi!" Kumadori interrupted, appearing in thought as he tapped his staff to his chin, one eyes in a permanent wink. "Guess there shouldn't be respect to the leader after all! But..." Kumadori suddenly kneeled and there were cherry blossoms that swayed in the breeze that came out of now where. "What shame! I must commit seppuku for following a man like that! I can...finally see my mother...!" Kumadori cried as he took one of Kaku's swords to thrust into his stomach only to bounce off with the use of Tekkai. "Ah! I'm alive!"

"If you're gonna die, commit to it!" Jabra yelled with ticks.

"Don't be so harsh, Jabra." Kaku said gently, already lips being quirked to placate. "We just have to make a plan when Lucci awakens on what to do about Spandam."

You were quietly thinking to yourself as the ex-CP9 agents went on, how you were right on the money with the type of man Spandam is. You gritted your teeth, your anger seeming to catch the attention of Kaku and Jabra for a moment due to it seeming to roll off of you before you tried to calm yourself down. Although it was difficult.

That man, you thought with jaw so tight you might actually break a tooth one day, has always been the worst.

You shook yourself, believing they can handle it. They've come this far after all and are still strong despite the Straw Hat's capabilities.

You turned to your boat, knowing that they just have to go to the hospital and pay the hospital fees to heal themselves and—

A stumbling lamb. A missed home run. A ship in a bottle half finished. Wooden clogs tapping off beat. A cape that's red unnaturally. Zipper caught.

You stopped. Your eyes staring at your boat that moved along the waves with a hard to read expression. Karasu was glinting on your hip, impatient and needy while Kuroi ten'nosabaki was under the sun, not doing anything at all besides being patient.

It...really has been awhile...

You turned. Your roving eyes meeting confused expressions of CP9 and an unconscious Lucci, only to grow more when you plastered a casual smirk with a hand to your hip.

"Despite the cat bastard being stubborn, he really needs a doctor. And ya'll being nothing but useless assassins—"

"Oi!" Jabra and Fukuro called.

"—you need some help with money. And since I've been here before..." You grin, arms going to the back of your head as you tapped the tip of your boot twice. "Guess I gotta show you guys around."

They blinked. And blinked once more, Kaku eye's widening and shining.

"Really?!"

"Yo-YoYoi," Kumadori looked like he was in the brink of tears. "Teardrops on my face, happiness soaring and true, you really have changed...!"

"Can you shut your blubbering mouth already?!" Jabra demanded, scowling as you kept smiled albeit with a small sweatdrop at Kumadori's antics.

"Chapapa!" Fukuro clapped his hands, hopping with one foot and than the other. "Lucci will like this."

Your smile turned mild as you walked past them, face turned towards the ground and avoiding Lucci's body that Blueno grabbed and tossed over his shoulder.

"I'm not staying till he wakes up."

CP9 blinked at you once more, you going towards your boat that you docked and tied with rope. Grabbing a small bag of money that you have and turning back. Kalifa watching you thoughtfully as you kept your gaze pointedly to the ground, hand to her chin. Before her gaze went towards Lucci's unconscious body as you explained to the others that you'll cover accommodations for them until they all can gather money for Lucci's hospital bill, Kalifa glancing back at you. Blueno speaking up as they began to all walk towards the center of the island of the Gourmet Country—Pucci, that with Kalifa's and Kaku's new Devil Fruit abilities they can make entertainment and help with mass cleaning.

Your eyes widened as you turned towards both of them. Kalifa fixing her assessing gaze as she took in your expressive face.

"What?! You guys have Devil Fruits now?!" At Kaku's proud little smile and Kalifa's nod, speaking of the horrible taste. Adding they received it when they came back to Enies Lobby. "Dang...good thing I got you guys before the whole island got completely turned over, huh? Y'all would've died."

CP9 blinked, mostly Fukuro, Kumadori and Jabra reacting the most with wide eyes at your concern and sincerity. They aren't used to how you've changed through the years. You grew distant and slightly standoffish when you were a part of them. Only appearing to act more animated with Lucci around. How you were when you first arrived.

Huh, Jabra thought and waved away the shock quickly as he focused back onto walking. Instead shouting at you they would've figured something out anyways with you only smirking and answering with "whatever you say", your gaze still down and not paying attention to where you're going. So this is the real you? Did the cat shit know?

Jabra got cut off from his thoughts that made his brows furrow from being lost in memory to when you left and how exactly you achieved it when they reached the city. You hitting your head against the pole and making you wince, but keeping your head and gaze down still. The action repeating with you bumping into civilians and the ex-CP9 members can only stare at you weirdly.

"Eh, (Y/N)," Kaku called from behind you kindly, you tilting your head slightly to show you heard as he continued with a confused small smile. "What are you doing?"

"I'm keeping my eyes down," you answer simply, almost biting your tongue when your head bumped harshly into another pole. "OW!"

"I've noticed you have been doing that since you collected the money," Kalifa pointed out, reaching fix her glasses needlessly only to once again be reminded they were lost. She lowered her hand and hoped no one noticed. "And your gaze keeps avoiding Blueno and Lucci."

"I've noticed it as well," Blueno added, as you kept walking and bumping into people and muttering sorry or saying "Ow" when you bump into a pole or a random decorative tree that was in the middle of the street for whatever reason. Pretty stupid really. "You're avoiding gazing at Lucci."

Kaku blinked, frowning as he stared at the back of your bowed head, your hands in your pockets casually as you walked to a tavern or motel to put down their stuff.

"I can't look at him anymore." Their brows furrowed at your quiet yet resolute answer. Fukuro, ever the nosy one, asking why. You stared down at your combat boots as you walked, observing offhandedly the cracks and crevices of this cobblestone road, a knowing smile playing on your lips. "He wouldn't like it. Not like this."

Kalifa's eyes widened, her finally connecting what she observed earlier.

To not see him weak like this. Beaten. My, Kalifa couldn't help but smile, hiding a chuckle behind her hand as you knocked into another pole. They both have always been ridiculous.

Blueno seeming to share the thought as he turned his eyes momentarily skyward. Ignoring as Fukuro made a pleased sound that promises trouble later if they don't make sure he keeps his mouth shut and Kumadori's hair moving wildly at your words.

Jabra's brows furrowed even more, creating lines across his face as he thought long and hard. Before scoffing, not sure if he wanted to laugh or just keep grinning, feral. He is so going to poke at the cat shit later.

Kaku blinked, glancing between Lucci's unconscious body and the back of your head. Before something clicked as he moved to start walking next to you and help guide you to not hit anything else. You thanking him but he only lifted his bloodied lips in one side, hand flicking his cap upwards.

"You wouldn't like it either." Your eyes went to Kaku's knowing ones, a soft earthy brown. "Right, (Y/N)?"

You huffed out your nose, lips up.

"No. I'd hate it too."

Kaku's smile widened, able to read you and you seeming to not mind. Your own smile widening at how Kaku's smile could be quite bright.

"You're taking my words seriously I see!" You laughed, elbowing his side and making Kaku double over, injuries still clear as he flinched with a hand going to side. You panicked. "Ah! Sorry!"

Kaku huffed a laugh, waving away your apologies and only glancing down at you with a pained smile. Yet your brows furrowed when you spotted a mischievous gleam in his eyes.

"Now you just need to take mine, seriously. Perhaps when we get new clothes besides these torn ones?" Kaku made a show to pinch his scuffed and bloody jacket from his battle.

You recognizing what he meant with a small flush as you turned away, crossing your arms.

"My clothes are fine! They're not torn like yours anyways!"

"Is that not part of your old uniform for us? Perhaps a change may be nice."

"Why is everybody always on my style?! I like it! It's comfortable and I'm used to it!"

Kalifa came to your other side, her eyes seeming to flash knowingly.

"An outfit to show more of your appeal can help you in the long run. Although it wouldn't match mine obviously."

"Wha—?! WHO ASKED YOU?!"

"Gyaaa ha ha ha! Let's do it! Kalifa, dress (Y/N) again!" Jabra added unhelpfully.

"Yoyoi! The return of the deadly flower is a worthy venture to do once more!"

"Is this necessary at the moment?" Blueno deadpanned.

"Lame~. Chapapapa, it's no fun if Lucci isn't awake. He was quite affected last time for that mission."

Everyone outside of you gave Fukuro a glare, Kaku adding a frown towards the man.

At least I wasn't as obvious as Lucci when that happened, Kaku resisted the urge to scratch his nose at the memory of you in the skin tight slitted dress for the mission. He couldn't stop the heat to his cheeks though. If only she would be more comfortable in that type of attire...

"I don't know what you guys are talking about. He hated it. Could barely look my way and talk to me face to face—he just kept ignoring me! The bastard!" You clenched your fists in the memory, wishing to punch it away. "So annoying!"

Affected, everyone thought with a deadpan and a sweatdrop.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

It soon started to rain, you and the others quickly getting a room at a tavern for at least Lucci to rest. You knocking into tables and chairs, even the countertop to avoid staring at the Neko's body. You didn't care for the weird looks from others or the exasperated ones from CP9, only thanking Kaku if he helped guide you quick enough. You rather him rest anyways as well, he's the worst injured outside of Lucci.

You were outside the door of the room, Fukuro and Kaku within resting while the others went out even in the rain to collect money to be admitted to the hospital here. Your arms were crossed as you leaned against the wooden wall, your blouse soaked through once more due to the downpour. You already did your best on wringing it out. Same with your shorts. Although you were uncomfortable in your combat boots, you can handle it.

There's worse things than being wet.

"Just how you are eager to get wet once more I imagine."

You flushed, before waving the memory away.

Stupid reptile, you thought with an annoyed scowl. What a weird memory to be brought up. But that reminds me...

You straightened, you glancing away to the hallway where it'll lead back to the bar. Maybe they might have a newspaper.

Only for a small blanket on the corner of your vision appear. You glanced at Kaku who held it out to you with a smile.

"This can help you dry off, (Y/N)." You gave him a smile of your own, saying your thanks and wrapping the blanket around your shoulders tightly. Rubbing it on your arms as Kaku's smile seemed to widen at how warm you look now, moving to stand at the other side of the slightly open door to the room with his arms crossed. Kaku glanced towards the room before looking back at you as you rubbed your face on the blanket, muttering praises to it but he didn't pay any mind. Besides you looking cute doing that. "Say...I have an inquiry..."

You gave him a questioning stare. Kaku's brows seeming to furrow as he went to open his mouth.

Would anything have made you stay? Kaku moved his mouth closed, before sighing as he shook his head with a unfeeling smile. Instead fixing you with a melancholic gaze and lips quirked to match.

"We missed you."

You blinked, eyes widening in surprise and cheeks slightly flushing before you released a laugh. It made Kaku's lips form genuinely at the sound.

"That's not a question!"

"I know. I just wanted to say it."

"Still pretty blunt with your words, eh? Careful you don't start a fight with Jabra like that. You know how he is."

Kaku let out a chuckle, hand rubbing the back of his neck.

"Jabra finds any excuse to start a fight. You should've seen him when Fukuro compared all our Doriki's. Upset that I gained strength during my time away. Said some nonsense that strength is only about physical."

"...was he calling himself smart?"

Kaku only grinned and you laughed at that, Kaku staring at how you kept the blanket bunched around you as your shoulders shook.

It's fine either way. I like seeing you like this. Compared to before. You look more...Kaku stared as you cleared a happy tear from your eyes, mentioning something or other about Jabra sure hasn't changed and the others haven't either. Free.

He wonders if he can ask you for a sword lesson for old times sake, however. The stray thought brought stray memories of how close you would get to guide him on when to parry or do a feint, hand over his and chest pressing against his back.

Kaku's ears flushed red at his thoughts as he tried to get his bearings and add to the conversation without outwardly stuttering.

A nosy lone eye behind the door though, with hand to zipped lips, watched and listened eagerly to the conversation.

Hattori cooed next to his master, slight nudging of a feathered head to a tanned hand before settling once more.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Soon after that, the others came back and it was Fukuro's and Kaku's turn to earn money. You don't mind leaving the others, they'll be fine. You just want to see exactly what Kaku's Devil Fruit power is as they went back into the rain towards the main plaza where there's a lot of foot traffic.

And you weren't disappointed!

"You're a giraffe?!" You exclaimed.

Kaku, who was transformed to his animal form and not his mixed one as he let kids slide on his neck for some dollar, looked down at you.

"I like giraffes," Kaku said instinctively. He couldn't help it due to Jabra's words and laughing at him. He knows you aren't the type to do something like that but...

His eyes widened at your next words.

"When everybody is done, it's my turn!" You said with a small bounce on your step, making a puddle of rain splash under your boots. "I want to slide down too!"

Kaku's giraffe cheeks flushed. Your expression practically shining up at his face.

A zip that kept zipping open and closed from kids, forced itself open despite a kids complaint.

"Only kids get rides, Chapapapa!"

You made a face.

"That's not nice! I want a ride too!"

Kaku will not faint. He will not.

His cheeks will redden further however and he wants to hide behind his cap.

"I'm telling Lucci."

Your face formed into confusion.

"What does he have to do with this?"

"Shut up, Fukuro." Kaku muttered, giraffe face trying to hide under his small cap to no avail. He's trying not to scare the kids away by glaring at Fukuro either. "You won't say anything."

"Why not—"

Kaku pointedly stared at the child that Fukuro ignored to speak and not let them play with his unique mouth.

"You get a free slide if you manage to get his zipper stuck."

"Ehhhh?!" Fukuro squeaked in his high voice.

The child replied with a hand up.

"Make it five, mister."

Kaku sweatdropped.

"A hard bargain. But acceptable."

"I want to do it too!" A child piped up with a hand raised.

"Me too! I can make it stuck!"

"Yeah! I got my zipper stuck one time when I tried peeing and my mom had to—"

"Shush, child!" The mother shouted with an embarrassed expression.

"Kaku! Stop this!"

Kaku stared at the mob of children and offering more money to do the mission of shutting Fukuro up. Still sweatdropping but smiling to himself.

"I'm afraid I can't. They've already paid."

"Chapapapa! No—" Zip closed. Zip open. "I can't go without gossiping—" Zip closed. Zip open. "I-I—Fine! I won't say anything to Lucci but—" Zip closed. Zip halfway open only to close quick again. An attempt to make it stuck. "Chapaaa~! Fine! Not anyone! Please—"

"I'm sorry, Fukuro." Kaku said a little too seriously. "A mission given should be completed."

"Chapapapa—"

"Man," you said, scratching the back of your neck as you stared at the mob of kids trying to shut Fukuro up. Good luck with that really. The sight did make you slightly laugh though at how the kids climbed atop of him and brought him to the ground. "You sure made a good plan to get more money, Kaku!" Kaku only smiled as he let kids slide down his long elongated neck due to his transformation. You staring up at him seriously, holding a finger up as rain continues to pour on them. "I still want one too though."

"A-Ah, Hai."

You beamed and Kaku felt himself starting to grow more and more determined to not listen to Jabra's words.

If Lucci won't be truthful, than I will. Kaku determined. Only growing more when they received the money and everyone left. Fukuro too tired to get up even though no one managed to get his mouth fully closed and permanently. Kaku letting you slide down his neck, but this time in his half Zoan and half human form due to the length of his neck being longer and "More fun to slide!" based on your words. Listening to your joyous laughter all the while as you asked to go again and Kaku couldn't help but say yes even though he was tired from his injuries. Still. He can't say no. I didn't understand back than...but I know why you did what you did with that phone call, Lucci. Even if you perhaps couldn't admit it yourself.

Kaku really thinks you were always supposed to look like this. As you laugh with arms raised to the dark pouring sky as you went down once more.

And when you asked afterwords as they went back what made him get the idea to receive money due to being a giraffe, Kaku easily replied that a green haired swordsman mentioned a zoo, you chuckled. Smirking that appeared more like a grin due to the flash of teeth but he doesn't know what else to call it as you said easily that sounds like something the brooding swordsman would say. Reminding you of someone.

Kaku got the sense, that maybe he should be mindful with you.

The rumors may have some truth after all.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Once they finally admitted Lucci to the hospital, and them able to get extra cash to get clothes and food, they talk about watches for Lucci and there should be a person each shift.

You raised a hand, outside the hospital room that the others were in but able to be seen by the doorway. The doctors and nurses able to stabilize Lucci for now until they go do their rounds.

"I can have night shift. I'll be outside by his window on the roof to keep Hattori company."

"The whole shift?" Jabra questioned, bewildered as he leaned against medical equipment only to almost fall. He ignored the others glares as he righted the equipment and cleared his throat. "You gonna wake one of us up in the middle of the night to get you?"

"That's the safest bet," Kalifa commented, fixing her glasses from her seat next to Lucci. "You will need your rest."

You shook your head even though you knew they couldn't see you. Your eyes roving over the hospital hallways, the antiseptic solutions that anyone could tell they were in a hospital making your nose itch. You hate hospitals.

"Nah. I don't sleep much either way. Ain't a big deal."

"Yoyoi! Than wouldn't it be best if you came into the room and got comfortable in a chair, (Y/N)?" Kumadori asked from his spot on the foot of the unconscious Lucci's bed. "The rain could come again if you stay outside! Surely it's fine now since Lucci is now in the hospital? He's hidden in blankets!"

A zip.

"Not that hidden. But he does have a lot of bandages. I heard the doctor said Lucci broke a lot of ribs and had internal bleeding."

It was quiet for a moment. Everyone's moods within the room seeming to be downcast and stony faced.

Your head was facing forward, eyes shadowed under your cap.

"I won't see anymore than I have. With or without bandages. Defeat," you said, tone knowing, "is not something to be looked upon more than needed."

Hattori gave an answering Coo at the window, wings fluttering and CP9 accepted your words and reasoning with different conclusions. Jabra pinching his brows together as he glanced in your direction back towards the bruised and battered Lucci, bandages encircling his raven head and upon his cheeks as well as encircling his bare abdomen. Appearing in deep thought before he got interrupted by Blueno volunteering Jabra to have first watch.

Him obviously complaining and you trying hard to not smile even though they couldn't see you as Jabra's refusals brought a concerned nurse to come to see the commotion and for them to not cause a ruckus for the other patients. Everyone immediately putting the blame on Jabra and Kalifa even adding that this is sexual harassment. The nurse's eyes widening as she moved to use a walk-in talkie to bring security to take Jabra to the police for horrible downtrodden behavior. Jabra's cheeks flushing all the while as he demanded for Kalifa to retract her statement only for her to fix her glasses needlessly and making them flash in the light as she stated seriously she retracts nothing.

You were outwardly not trying to laugh but couldn't help but guffaw when Jabra was taken away with crossed arms by guards before Kaku finally decided to speak up and say there was a misunderstanding. His old dialect and easy appearance making the nurse calm and Kalifa say she may have meant someone else and not Jabra. It didn't stop Jabra from glaring her way when the security and nurse left, his new clothes dirtied due to being dragged.

Blueno saying flatly this all could've been avoided if he didn't make such a fuss. Jabra only grumbling and cursing to himself as he sat on the chair, slouched to the point where he might fall onto the floor due to how low he was in the chair.

You added that you'll stay until you believe everything is well. The ex-CP9 member's  raising brows besides Kaku whose smile was wide at the news of you staying longer. The others shaking their heads and shrugging off your words.

But you can't help it.

You hanging with the others after shifts have switched, you with Blueno, Fukuro, Jabra and Kaku in front of a cafe as you rested your head onto your hand with a (favorite ice cream/sundae/cold dessert) on the table along with the others own chosen treats. Listening to the others trading pokes and prods, adding your own if needed. Including now as Kaku pointed out Jabra taking out the orange slice on the rim of his sundae in disgust.

"You should keep your fruit intake, Jabra," Kaku joked, pointing at how careful Jabra was being, Straw within the wolf Zoan's mouth. "You eat too much like a child."

"Chapapapa~, even kids like oranges." Fukuro laughed, holding his cup of coffee.

"Shut up," Jabra stated with no heat and around the straw, coming out garbled as he placed the orange slice on the napkin beside him.

You snorted, head tilting at him, hand to your cheek.

"Jabra is more childish than a child. Huh, Jabra? I still remember the pups you would feed back then."

Jabra's cheeks colored out of embarrassment, snapping at you with harsh teeth.

"Shut up! I don't need you to speak of that!"

"Pfft, come on! I'm only joking!"

"Yeah, and acting like you weren't the same. Don't forget you helped me sometimes when it came to annoying Lucci."

You waved your hand dismissively at him.

"Only if they were good. Sometimes you were annoying yourself, ya know. That spam prank was nasty."

Something in Jabra's eyes seemed to alight, and then an emotion you couldn't quite catch. Him seeming to study you. You heard him mutter under his breath to what you believe was "You weren't the only one..." but before you could question it, your eyes caught a fry that was going into Kaku's mouth.

Kaku took a bite out of the long rectangle shaped food, pausing at your blank look.

You looked at the fry.

You looked at Kaku's nose.

Jabra, who was doing the same thing, glanced at you just as you did the same.

As soon as your eyes connected, the both of you guffawed. Tears going down both of your cheeks as Jabra punched the table and you could only hold your stomach.

Kaku's cheeks were colored now. He looked like he was pouting, connecting what you two did. It only made you and Jabra laugh more. Blueno lifted the newspaper he was reading closer to his face, but no one can deny his amused eyes. Fukuro couldn't help but join in.

"Alright, alright. It is not that humorous," Kaku commented, eyes under his cap looking down at the table.

"French fry nose!" Jabra added unhelpfully.

"Chapapapa~! Someone might get mistaken and dip it in ketchup!"

Kaku only pouted more, mouth to the side as his gaze turned too serious. It made you grin and grab his cheek playfully.

"Hey, hey. No need to frown about it! It's cute!"  Kaku's eyes widened, his cheek feeling hotter under your fingers as you kept going with a smile. "Everyone likes fries after all!"

You let go of his cheek to turn to Blueno, putting another mouthful of your treat as you did so, mouth holding the spoon. Kaku could only stare and touch his cheek that still felt your touch. You paused from playing around with your spoon Blueno was serious, him laying the newspaper down upon the table.

"It seems Spandam relayed to his father his version of the events," Blueno lifted his gaze to meet the others. "He has fully given us the blame about the destruction of Enies Lobby. Although we did fail in defeating the Straw Hats and detaining Nico Robin, he has completely taken himself out as one of the main reasons. Our old director believes him. It seems he will continue to deny his son's transgressions and complete lack of leadership. We should not be surprised if they aim to capture or kill us for this."

Spandam, you thought distastefully, jaw tight around the utensil and fists on your lap. Nothing you do surprises me. You are the worst.

You shouldn't be surprised by Spandine either, your old director for four years before Spandam came in. Spandine did not treat you like Spandam did, more distant and cold. Perhaps some comments here and there, but it was nothing like what you had to go through with Spandam in charge. You don't how Spandine raised his son, but he needs some parental lessons. Too late now though. Ugh, now you're thinking if Spandam decided to reproduce.

Your face twisted into heavy disgust at the thought, almost missing the conversation between the others and dropping your spoon. Their own faces a mix of anger, irritation or thought.

"Tch, maybe some of us anyways." Jabra scoffed, harshly biting his straw between his mouth as he glared at his sundae.

"True! Chapapapa~! The World Government enjoy using Lucci too much to dispose of him." You stayed silent as Fukuro continued, instead finding the condensation on your own glass treat cup very interesting at the moment. "Can't be called the World's Government Massacre Weapon anymore if he's wanted along with all of us."

You poked at a drop of condensation on your treat cup before it slid down to the table, feeling the coolness at the tip of your finger.

"It still will not change the measures that will be taken against us." Kaku supplied seriously. "We must perform a plan for counter measures when the time comes. We should not hold disbelief if they might be sending officers after us to this island even now. There are only so many islands we could have escaped to from Enies Lobby. They will narrow it down to here—St. Poplar—or Pucci."

You moved you gaze along with the spoon within your mouth to one side, hiding in your inner cheek as you tapped the tip of your boot underneath the table to the ground.

"We'll handle it when the time comes," Blueno concluded.

You kept silent when you felt their glances at you, especially Kaku's drowning one and Jabra's studying one.

Soon after, Kalifa and Kumadori came with the new clothes they bought. You snarking they can finally get out of those all black clothes they seemed to match. Jabra retorting back you didn't have any reason to talk. You couldn't help but he defensive again, and on it went.

And they switched watch.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

You arrived outside the window with Geppo, black boots touching the clay tiled roof in the night. The city lights were still on, but you knew it would quiet down later on as the hours you will be here will be long. It was cloudy, heavily so and the moon was crescent in the sky, only coming out rarely due to the large clouds. It might rain due to all of it.

The window to the hospital room was open but you kept your back to it as you sat, even as you heard a flutter of wings. And a touch to your shoulder with a calm "Coo~" to your ear.

Your lips lifted as you pet Hattori's head, the bird's eyes closing in happiness at the touch with various noises coming out of him.

"Hey, look what I got Hattori." You reached a hand into your shorts pocket, Hattori tilting his head as he waited to see a small knapsack. Only for his beady eyes to shine once you spilled some beans onto your hand. Him eagerly flying to get some from your hand and you couldn't help but snort. "Yeah. Figured. You know...I think you're the only bird I've met that prefers beans and hate white rice."

Hattori didn't pay much attention to your words. Too eager guzzling down your gift to him. Although he was pecking maybe a little too hard out of eagerness, you do not yell at him for it. It's his favorite food after all. But you do put some of   the beans in the roof for him to eat so your hands could be free.

You leaned back against them as you stared below at the city of St. Poplar. With its scattered street lamps and some people walking below, heading home or going to any open bars.

"...I shouldn't be here." You confess breathily. To who? Hattori? Or the one you're watching that you refuse to actually watch behind you? With machines beeping? If you focus, you can hear his breathing too. You sigh, gaze turning up instead to the dark gray clouds. "You probably think the same...or maybe you don't...it won't matter since I'll leave soon. But, I should've just moved on. I saw everybody. That's all I needed. You guys are strong, you can handle what may come. And smart. The others could've lived off in the woods a little longer with no lodgings. I think...something is wrong with me."

You laugh a little bitterly to yourself at that. It even made Hattori pause to look at you, checks stuffed with beans and even one falling as he tilted his head. You only waved dismissively at him and give him a little scratch as you laid down on the roof after laying Kuroi ten'nosabaki beside you, limbs spread. The buster sword quiet and for once, Karasu following it's lead. Silent.

"You'll agree with that. Heck...there's many who would." You frown, silent for a few moments. Just staring as the clouds moved ever so slowly, stuck in pace of the wind and no one else's. The wind showing them the way or completely eliminating them. The clouds stuck in the winds will. To perish or to move? "I've...done a lot the past few years...since I left you guys. I didn't tell you everything in Water 7. But," you smile knowingly," you probably knew that too." Your smile fades and it's quiet again.

Hattori was now done with the beans you've  brought him, cleaning himself now near your head. You could hear the rhythmic beeping of the machines. You strained to hear for rhythmic breathing as well. You moved on once you did, giving it a mental pass it didn't sound labored.

"It's been a long time. I've met people. Had some reunions. I'm sure you remember me talking about Smoker. I got to meet him again soon after I left. After so many years...heh. The same amount since I've last seen you guys now that I'm thinking about it. Weird. But...it was..." You stopped, not knowing what to say. You sighed instead, reaching for your cap and staring at it as you held it in front of you. "...despite the explosion and the hurt from both of us...it was still nice. I've tended to try to see him as much as I can if I can track him down after that. Maybe that's why..."

You thought of the conversation earlier in the afternoon, as they spoke about what the World Government may due to them. Or Lucci. Or not do.

You covered your face with your cap, Hattori deciding to brush his head against your scarred cheek before settling on your head like always. Like old times.

You felt yourself bite your inner lip.

"I shouldn't worry. I showed you my Haki. You'll be able to do it soon. And you'll show the others the same. You're stupidly perceptive like that. And hardheaded. Also just bloodthirsty cause you're just crazy about fighting. And killing. The whole reason you're with the World Government after all...I wonder if the World Government is aware of your reasons?"  You didn't hear an answer. Of course you didn't. Only breathing. Still. You snorted to yourself, you couldn't help but grin. "Heh...secretive crazy bastard...what will they do once you find a more freeing choice than them? You're too hardheaded. You don't actually believe...you don't actually believe all the things they spout. You just can't. They may have gotten you as an orphan at five and drilled into you some bullshit but...you can't actually believe it."

At this point, you don't know if you're trying to convince yourself or just talking out loud to Lucci. So you just shut up for awhile and keep your face hidden in your cap, getting comfortable with hands behind your head. Hattori flapping his wings a little at your movement but getting comfortable once more on your head, nuzzling your hair.

But then, because you have long since grown tired of keeping quiet and holding your tongue, you opened your mouth again. Your cap shifted and a lone (e/c) eye was out to stare up at the sky, the crescent moon directly above you now.

"I don't know why I'm here. I know you guys had it. I know all of you will be fine. No matter what the World Government concocted up. Maybe before...when I was with you all...no." You chuckled melancholy. "I didn't even admit to myself for a long while after I left you guys, that I actually liked any of you. I was in a bit of denial. Scratch that. A lot. Isn't it funny? I thought I was miserable being in any of your company, you included, but than I became miserable thinking of the times when everything was...nice. My life's a total joke."

Your voice cracked there, you put a hand to cover your exposed eye. Your throat felt tight.

"I keep messing up, ya know? Not saying what I need to say. Or do what I need to do when I have the chance. Hell. I'm saying all this while you're sleeping. When will I learn...?"

I don't know what I can do or say. To anyone, you admit to yourself, biting your inner cheek and eyes half lidded and far away. I think...I'm just scared.

You shook yourself, clearing your throat and putting your cap beside you along with your buster sword. Hattori's eyes were opened and staring down at you, appearing concerned and a questioning "Coo?". You scratched his neck in thanks, with a small smile to match. Before your face scrunched up as you felt a water drop on you.

And then another.

Oh, you think distantly was the clouds opened and poured down on you, Hattori waking up and going into the room for shelter and seeming to Coo to you to come in, the sky's crying.

As it rained, memories surfaced. To when dead dark fish eyes turned to actually have life in them. A flood in an island where it turned to you holding a drenched injured Hattori and you making a certain teen bastard wake up from his idiocy. Backs against each other with a campfire, but for some reason—of a jacket to cover your "stench" when it was raining and you didn't have anything.

You thought of the most recent memory, of Kaku handing you a blanket to help dry you off. How his eyes looked sad yet he smiled as he stated "We missed you." And despite your silence at the time, you managed to catch Fukuro's words back in Enies Lobby, of cat naps not being as often.

It's really been awhile.

"Hah..." you smile to yourself, not so different from Kaku's as you turned to your side, back fully to the window as rain pattered down on you. Hattori only staring confusingly at you and back towards his master and wishing he was awake to make you come in for warmth. "I know why I'm here..." You scrunch your body closer together for warmth even as rain soaked your clothes, (h/c) hair scattered on the roof and you only keeping your gaze ahead, smile sullen.

"I missed you guys too."

I'm pretty selfish in the end.

A body shifted an iota on the bed, tan eyelids twitching.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

When morning came along with Jabra to switch with you, he was met with no one outside the window. And only a note that Hattori gave to him after a few shitty pecks.

He misses his rooster!

Nonetheless, Jabra opened it. Only to be met with your handwriting.

"I did what I could here. I wasn't even planning to stay with all of you this long. But thanks! It was fun seeing all of you again. Let's make sure you guys don't have a repeat. I don't want ya'll's pride to get hurt again cause you guys are stupid."

"She has a lot of nerve...!" Jabra commented, ticks in head but still. He grinned as he kept going.

"I would've stayed to give all of you a proper see ya later, but I got my own stuff I want to do. Just like you guys. But you'll be fine. Also, make sure you burn this before Lucci-neko sees it. And actually don't mention at all I was here. Alright! See ya!"

"..."

Jabra stared at the note. Hattori tilted his head atop the side rail of the cat shit's bed.

Jabra's gaze turned narrow as it flicked to the cat shit's form.

"Why are you guys so fucking weird?! Urgh...assassins lie but not to each other, you shits!" Jabra complained, practically wrinkling the note into a ball from how tight his fists are. "First with what you did, cat shit. All those years ago. And now that (Y/N) got a taste of freedom she's acting all—"

Jabra's eyes alit, connecting something he couldn't understand for years.

"Oh." Jabra pathetically said to himself as he stared at Lucci's face dumbly. "Oh, shit."

Why didn't he say so?! Jabra wondered but paused, knowing the answer and shaking his head at it. Secretive deceiving cat demon. All of you are the same...!

And if Jabra fights by lying all the time, that isn't here or there.

Nor is it calling and yelling at a man in a coma by calling him all sort of names that would make anyone that is hospital staff come in either faint or take him away again.

But Jabra can't help it!

He leaves in a huff after he's done, out the door because he can't handle cat demon's or a crazy woman's reasons. 

Dark eyes, with a shade of blue if one looks closely, opens just as he sits up. Hattori cooing cheerfully his name as Lucci could only stare blankly ahead as doctors and nurses come in.

Lucci's eyes flicked towards the open window just as Hattori gave a call of your name.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

You were out in the sea, back on your small boat and thinking of your next destination. Curiosity sated from a newspaper next to you about a prison escape of Baroque Works members yet someone interestingly not taking the same chance.

You hugged at the thought of the arrogant man, but moved on as you relaxed against your mast.

Where should you go next?

Maybe visit Smokey? You smiled at the thought.

.

.

.

Edited 10/19/2022

Mix of being The Meaning of Being a Friend and I don't hate you.

A LOT more CP9 moments. I have grown to love them. They're all stupid. And I have accepted them.💗 Felt like I lost an opportunity back then to show how SB acts with them and hints of how she acted before with them.

Also showcasing that despite how SB acts, SB is a nostalgic person at her core. Similar to me really 💀 SB and I are quite alike in some aspects.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Kuroi ten'nosabaki🗡🎇 💀(Black Heaven's Judgement): your black sword with a sheen of silver buster sword that's carrie son your back. Think of it like Cloud's sword from Final Fantasy or Zabuza's sword from Naruto.

(Your sword is a mix of Cloud's and Zabuza's, there is no hole in your sword, but there IS a half moon cut in it. But the half moon cut near the top of the sword.)

**Karasu(Raven): your noticeably smaller and total black sword that is on your hip. You can imagine whatever sword you want, but perhaps the Chokuto sword will fit. Like Sasuke's sword from Naruto Shippuden.

**Tekkai: Iron Body. Defense technique taught by the marines where your body turns hard like iron.

**Soryu: Shave. Where you can move in an instant flash in a burst of high speed. Taught and learned normally by marines.

**Geppo: Moon Walk. A move where it appears you're jumping in midair, when it's just the strength of your legs moving quickly and touching the ground that keeps you upright. You often used this when you're on your small boat so you can go faster on sea. Taught and learned normally by marines.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**FANART CORNER**

•lin• from Discord

Gummy from Discord

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 1.7K 40
Reader is fem **Spoilers early on** Requemended to know Law's backstory, Ace's backstory, and germa 66 before reading your race - bird person similar...
260K 12.9K 45
"ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜʏ, ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛᴀᴄʜᴇ" ╰┈➤ᴬ ᴼⁿᵉ ᴾⁱᵉᶜᵉ ˣ ᴹᵃˡᵉ!ᴿᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ ᶠᵃⁿᶠⁱᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ✧.* [𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞] [𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞] 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨...
173K 5.9K 55
Luffy became the Pirate King. Yes, the first step towards his true goal in life, but it costs everything precious to him. That was the reason why he...
6.1K 142 18
Pairing : One piece men various (Uke) Male reader (Seme) ★。/|\。★ Amidst the scorching hot fire spreading and stretching on the island eating everyt...