The Last Spark | iKON Jinhwan

By hwannieyo

After experiencing the most heartbreaking break up yet, Y/N is left with nothing but sorrow and memories. Eng... More

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15

1

1.3K 35 26
By hwannieyo

Hot tears rolled down my cheeks as I struggled to breathe. Jin sat beside me with pitiful eyes, but they weren't sorry whatsoever. He shrugged his shoulders and peered into my teary eyes. "I just can't do this anymore, Y/N. The last year with you has meant nothing to me."

I sniffed and cried at his words again. "But.. why?"

"I just don't think I can be with someone like you anymore. I don't love you. It was fun at first, but then you changed. The only good thing you brought to me was your family's wealth to be honest," he spat out. "But wealth doesn't last forever, so..." His voice trailed off as he began to rummage through his thoughts. "I need someone like Rissa. She's better at attending to me and my needs."

I scoffed upon hearing her name. "I supported you through everything, Jin!" I tried to yell, but my weak voice betrayed me and my cries spilled out like broken sobs. "What are you talking about? What has she done for you that I haven't?"

He scratched the back of his neck, looking for excuses to feed me. "Look, she just makes me happy. Plus, she doesn't have weird marks on her body. She's pure in that way." He gestured toward my heart shaped birth mark that scarred my wrist.

The pain and sheer truth behind his words pierced my heart, leaving a bloody wound that would never heal and shattered pieces that would never find their way back home. "I hate you, Jin," I bitterly replied, knowing fully well it was a lie.

He just shrugged his shoulders at me with an expressionless face. "You can blame yourself for the end of this relationship." He got up from the bench, but I grabbed his hand, hoping he would change his mind about me. About us.

"Jin, please."

"I don't have feelings for you and haven't for a while, Y/N. Let it be." With that, he harshly yanked his hand from my grasp and disappeared around the corner and from my life.

I clutched at my heart upon revisiting the memory. It's been months, but my heart still aches with each day. Whoever said time heals hasn't experienced the scarring touch that words have. Even though I convinced myself nothing was wrong with me, I couldn't help but let Jin's words live inside me and eat away at me every day.

Heaving out a sigh, I pulled my blanket higher above my head to slip into a deep sleep free of the pain I felt when I was awake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinhwan's POV

I ran out of the house with only a fraction of my belongings. If my parents wanted me out that bad, then I'll happily grant them their wish. I could never be a bigger disappointment to them than they are to me.

I wandered through the bustling streets and watched as families happily basked in each other's company. I stopped in front of the newspost in the center of the square, checking for any flyers that were offering jobs. If I'm going to live on my own, I'll need a job.

Disappointed in the ads, I began to turn away when I ran into a bulky man. In a panic, I bowed profusely and apologized. "Sorry, sir!"

The man chuckled, and I looked up to see a very large man with kind features. Next to him was a petite lady decorated in all sorts of elegant jewels. Their appearance only made me want to apologize more. "It's okay, son! No need to panic." The man patted my back roughly but smiled at me.

"Thank you for understanding. I'll be on my way." I smiled at the couple and began to walk around them when the lady placed a gentle hand on my arm.

"Are you lost?" Her eyes were unbelievably gentle and so different from the usual angry eyes I always received at home. I nodded my head slowly, ashamed.

I sighed and explained, "I ran away from home. I'm trying to look for a job, but it's not going that well," I laughed bitterly.

The lady beamed at me. "You can work for us! We were just about to put up flyers, but you're perfect!"

The husband, shocked, coughed in protest. He pulled his wife off to the side to discuss matters, but I was still able to hear. "Honey! He's a boy!"

"He can be a butler," the wife protested. "Come on! Look at that cute face!"

They both peered back at me at the same time, and I awkwardly waved. "Fine," the dad grumbled. "You're lucky he looks nice."

"You're hired! Um..." She paused as she peered into my face.

I awkwardly stood with my feet planted to the ground in confusion. "Oh! I'm Kim Jinhwan," I introduced.

She clasped her hands together in enthusiasm. "Jinhwan! How adorable!"

The man cleared his throat before explaining, "you'll be working as a butler at our house, if that's okay with you." I nodded my head vigorously, eager to get off the streets. "My wife and I are going off to Europe for a while, and we need someone to care for the house and daughter. You'll come home with us right now, if possible."

I nodded again like an excited puppy and exclaimed, "anything works, sir!"

We began to walk towards the street where cars were parked along the side. The lady pulled out her hand phone and chimed into it, "Y/N! We got a person! Get everything ready, please!"

"Call me Mr. Y/L/N. Our daughter will walk you through the basics tomorrow since it's getting late and you need rest." He smiled at me and opened the door to a fancy, luxurious car.

I sat in silence and excitement as I watched the scenery morph from the city to a peaceful gated community. Ahead, a large mansion grew into view, causing my jaw to drop in awe as the car headed towards it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N's POV

I was sleeping when my phone began to buzz, waking me up from my only escape from reality. I groggily picked up without looking at the caller. "Hello?"

"Y/N! We got a person! Get everything ready, please!" My mom's voice sliced through the silence and depression of my room, making it hard not to smile in spite of myself.

"Okay okay, Mom." I hung up and groaned in laziness. With Jin at the buried in the back of my mind for now, I leaped out of bed and made my way toward the maid's room, which was directly across from mine.

I tidied up the bed sheets and and fluffed up the pillows and then began to organize the closet. "Dresses... check. Shoes... check. Tights... check. Aprons..." I mentally made a list of all the necessities and muttered to myself as I checked through everything.

I finished and made my way back to my room, plopping down on my bed and stretching my limbs. Although my heart ached every day, I smiled for my mom and dad. I almost drifted off into another nap when I heard the car pull up into the driveway.

I rushed out of bed and down the stairs and towards the door. As I held grabbed the doorknob, the door swung open and before me stood a rather short guy.

"Oh... um how can I help you?" I awkwardly shifted from foot to foot, suddenly aware that I was in my pajamas. My eyes quickly scanned his cute features until they rested on the heart shaped mole under his eye. My heart jumped at the sight of it, and I unconsciously began tracing my own heart mark.

He opened his mouth to reply, but my dad popped up from behind the cute stranger and interrupted him. "He's the new butler."

"Butler?!?" My heart seemed to crack even further. I've been hurt so much I don't think I can stand another boy in my life during this time. "What about a maid? Like you said?"

My mother walked through the door, dragging the new butler inside with her. "He's here to watch out for you while we're away in Europe, Y/N. Isn't he perfect?"

"Yeah..." I mumbled and briskly made my way back up the stairs. I don't have time for him in my life pffft.

"Y/N! Show him his new room, please," my dad called before I could escape.

I silently waited at the staircase while he grabbed his belongings and followed me up. "I'm Jinhwan by the way," he said, breaking the silence between us.

"Y/N," I replied monotonously. It's best if I don't get attached. "This is your room. My room is across if you have any questions. Dinner's in a few and clothes are in the closet." At that moment, I realized that the only clothes I had prepared were maid outfits for females. I began to panic but then considered the situation.

Going through the heartbreak is terrible enough and having another boy (cute boy at that) in my life is definitely not what I need. Maybe if he just dresses up like a girl...

He nodded and closed the door behind him, leaving me in the hallway with my thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinhwan's POV

The mansion was already so big and luxurious. I wasn't used to any of this. The stairs were identical to those in the movies where they curled and spiraled into the sky. The floors were a pristine white, adding an air of purity and cleanliness that I've never experienced.

I closed the door on Y/N. She seems grumpy today.

I leaned against the door to soak in my new surroundings and what would be my new home. In the center of the spacious room was a large bed. The nightstands on either side of it adorned fancy glass lights that faintly illuminated the room. A large dresser and closet were sitting off to the side, filling the room's vacancy. Another door was embedded within the walls, revealing a luxurious bathroom.

I sighed to myself and plopped down on the edge of the bed. After roaming the streets, I was pretty dirty and decided to freshen up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N's POV

I was laying on my bed while browsing through my social media when I heard a scream.

"Y/N!!!!!!!!" I nearly dropped my phone on my face as I scrambled to sit up. "Y/N!!!!!" The voice screamed again. I slipped out of bed and rushed to the room across.

"Can you shut up?" I grumpily spat out to try and hide my panic. Is he okay? Omg.

He appeared in the bathroom doorway with a towel wrapped around his body. I attempted to narrow my eyes at him to veil the slight flush on my cheeks. He pushed the closet doors open, revealing all the dresses I had prepared. "What is this?" He cocked an eyebrow at me, gesturing at the clothes and tapping his foot impatiently.

I shrugged to convey my indifference. "I thought you'd be a girl. It's what I wanted, actually," I snickered.

His face remained expressionless as we stared at each other in silence. "Fine. This is the only day I'm wearing this!" He angrily pulled a dress off the hanger and slammed the door to the bathroom. I began to leave when his voice fell upon my ears again. "You'll get me clothes tomorrow, okay?"

I smirked and sang out, "okaaaay." We'll see about that, Jinhwan. You're going to dress as a girl whether you like it or not. This is for my heart.

[A/N: Opening chapter is done!! Not as long as I'd like but I thought it'd be a good place to stop it ^-^ Dedicated to Dongiieyahh_]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 26.4K 55
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
185K 8.5K 106
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...
380K 12K 87
"I have a secret, a well-kept secret for the last almost seven years. The real reason why I went into hiding." After years in a complicated relatio...
130K 2.3K 48
Alexis Piastri is Oscar Piastri's older sister. After feeling unfulfilled with her life, Alexis decides to drop everything to take a gap year and joi...