Uncovering Dahlia's Truth

By SillyCatSA

"She's gone." Those two simple words was all it took to throw Angel into a state where she shut out everyone... More

The night
The crash
The investigation
The thinking
The Date
The Realisation
The White-Blonde Girl
The Confession
The Good News
The Preperation
The Flight
The arrival
The payment
The dark and stormy night
The Unconcious Angel
The story
The Truth
The revilation
The epilogue

The flash back

190 18 0
By SillyCatSA

Angel slapped a shaky hand on her head and swore. The rain was poring more and more by the minute and she jumped when lighting struck. She swore even loader. She had to get to Brooklyn's house as quickly as possible, but was scared of crashing her car. She decided to pull over before she could make an accident. She rested her head on the steering wheel and hit her hands on top of the car. She was shivering from head to toe.

Then another memory hit her.

Earlier the morning of Dahlia's death

"Wake up birthday girl!" Dahlia jumped on top of Angel, waking her up with a start.

Angel sat bolt up right and calmed down when she saw Dahlia. She took her pillow and threw it at her, laughing as Dahlia fell down to the ground with a big thump.

"Okay," Dahlia groaned, slowly getting up and rubbing her back. "Remind me never to do that again."

Angel laughed once again and Dahlia laughed along, hugging her tight, holding something behind het back. She pulled away and handed her a hot pink wrapped box with Angel written in silver on top of it. Angel squealed excitedly and grabbed the box, hugging Dahlia again.

"Go ahead, open it."

Angel started tearing at the packaging and gasped. "The dress I wanted!" She squealed and hugged Dahlia.

"I have the memory of an elephant," Dahlia chuckled and picked up the dress, holding it against Angel's body. The short, lacy maroon dress paired perfectly with Angel's slightly tanned skin. "And you have great taste," she added.

Angel laughed and got up to go put the dress on. Dahlia sat down on Angel's bed and crossed her legs. "You know I have a great day planned," she said while playing with the ripped pink wrappers on the bed.

Angel stood in front of her full length mirror and grinned, twirling around in the dress. "What are we doing?" Angel asked and headed for her shoe cupboard.

Dahlia positioned herself on her stomach and tucked a piece of her slick black hair behind her ear while Angel was rummaging for a pair of shoes. "I thought we could have something to eat, you know, some breakfast at The Mad Hatter and after that we can go watch a movie and then we can come back tonight since your mom is having dinner here for you and your family."

Angel grabbed a pair of black ballet flats and slipped them on. "Sounds great," she said and got up, walking towards her dresser and sitting down on the oak wood chair. "You know," she started applying foundation to her face, "this will be the first year that I'm not throwing a birthday party."

"Oh well," Dahlia said, looking down at the bed covers, a slight grin on her face, "nothing wrong with that." She looked over at Angel applying her winged eyeliner. "I think the cherry lipstick would go great with that dress."

Angel smiled. "Thanks, will do."

Dahlia laid back and stuck her legs in the air, looking up at the ceiling. She quickly sat up again. "So, word on the street is that Brooklyn likes a certain blonde." She winked.

Angel dropped her lipstick and twisted in her seat. "What?! Are you joking?!"

Dahlia shook her head and laid back on the bed again. "Nope."

Angel got up and jumped on the bed, grabbing Dahlia's shoulders. "So this means there's hope for us?"

Dahlia giggled and pushed Angel to the side, getting up. "I guess that's so."

Angel jumped up, a bright smile overtaking her face. "Where did you hear this?" She asked.

Dahlia started walking to the door. "Heard it from some of the guys. Now come on!" She opened the door with a swing. "My mom is waiting to take us to the mall, let's go!"

Angel grinned and followed her best friend out the door.

Dahlia's mom took both to the mall and the two headed over to The Mad Hatter where they took a seat upstairs of the coffee shop. It was decorated with the theme of Alice in Wonderland and both of them ordered blueberry tea.

Dahlia's phone buzzed. She picked it up.

"Who's that?" Angel asked, sipping on her tea and licking her lips.

Dahlia quickly typed on her phone and put it face down on the table. "Just my mom," she said, a slight smirk on her face.

Angel added more honey to her tea. "What's with that smirk?" She asked, stirring her cup.

Dahlia bit into a chocolate chip cookie and shook her head. "Mmoffing," she mumbled, dark crumbs around her mouth.

"I wasn't born yesterday, Dahlia," Angel said, crossing her arms and lifting her eyebrows.

"Of course not, you were born today," Dahlia winked.

Angel shook her head, chuckling. "Real witty you are."

Dahlia raised her teacup with complicated botanical patterns on and lifted her pinky. "Indeed so, madam," she said in a posh English accent.

Angel lifted hers with white and silver swirls etched on and lifted her pinky as well. The two clinked their glasses and sipped at their tea, grinning at each other.

After two hours of laughing, chattering and drinking tea, they left to head towards the movies. The two were walking towards the ticket till when Angel heard her name. The voice was familiar and both Angel and Dahlia shared a look before turning around.

Matt Kritzinger came trotting down the passage, his silver braces shiny under the harsh mall lights. He was waving at them, his hair was situated like a mop on top of his head. His skinny body came to a halt in front of the two. "Hi!" He said cheerily. "Happy birthday Angel."

Angel was taken aback. "How'd you know it was my birthday?"

He shrugged and winked over at Dahlia. Dahlia glared fiercely at him. "Oh, word travels fast."

Angel nodded her head and crossed her arms awkwardly. "Um, thanks Matt," she said, giving a little smile in his direction.

Matt pointed towards the movie poster behind the till. "You guys watching 22 Jump Street?"

Angel and Dahlia turned around to stare at the poster and back at Matt. "Yup," Angel said. Dahlia had a hard look on her face and tried avoiding Matt's eyes.

"Well, enjoy," he said, backing up. "I've got to go, I have a party tonight," he said and smirked over at Angel.

Angel nodded awkwardly and Matt walked out towards the parking lot with one last wave. Angel turned to Dahlia. "That boy can be quite creepy sometimes," she said and stopped when she saw the look of pure rage on Dahlia's face. Angel frowned with concern. "Dahlia, are you okay?"

Dahlia looked up from staring at the ground and looked into Angel's eyes. "I hate him," she said coldly, making Angel's spine tingle with the harshness of her voice.

Matt's really not that bad?

"Never mind," Dahlia said and grabbed onto Angel's arm, "let's go watch the damn movie." Dahlia started marching towards the food bar, dragging Angel along. Angel groaned when she saw none other than Cathy Braxton. She had her bleach blonde hair tied into a very high pony tail and had way too dark eyeshadow on. She had a crop top on paired with a spiral high wasted skirt. She looked over at Angel and Dahlia, away from salting her popcorn and giggling with her wannabe popular friends. Cathy glared and Angel and Dahlia glared back.

"I seriously do not understand what that girl's problem is," Angel said angrily.

Dahlia was silent.

The two girls went over to the food bar and ordered their usual. Both had medium popcorn, Angel had coke and a pack of M&M's; Dahlia had cream soda and a pack of Astros. The two thanked the cashier and went over to the flavors section to add some flavor to their popcorn. Cathy said something to her friends and they giggled. This made Angel even more angry. Cathy and her posse left and walked towards their cinema, same movie as theirs.

"Where's Brooklyn?" Angel asked, trying to change the subject.

Dahlia sprinkled salt and vinegar onto her popcorn. "He couldn't make it, something about helping with someone's party." Dahlia tried hiding her smile.

Angel looked suspiciously over at Dahlia. "What are you smirking at?"

Dahlia shook her head. "Oh, um, I'm just thinking of that time the three of us scared the crap out of Gia."

Angel let out a giggle. Gia was Dahlia's four year younger sister and was always accident prone.

"That was extremely funny. Especially when she knocked into the side of the wall because of the big fright."

Dahlia tilted her head back while laughing, her black hair splashing down her back. "My mom thought someone was being attacked!"

Angel and Dahlia laughed hard, their stomachs hurting and people looking over at them, wondering what could possible be so funny.

"The movie is starting in five minutes!" Dahlia realized and both of them grabbed their food and rushed towards their cinema.

After the movie, both of them got into the car with Dahlia's mom.

"Channing Tatum movies are always ones to go watch," Angel giggled.

"Sure thing," Dahlia said and Mrs Fleming laughed behind the wheel.

"Back to your house, Angel?" Mrs Fleming asked.

"Yes mom!" Dahlia answered before Angel could. Dahlia had a huge smile on her face and didn't even try to hide it.

Angel crossed her arms. "Why are you in such a happy mood?" She leaned closer to Dahlia and whispered, "is it a guy?"

"Nope," Dahlia laughed. "I'll tell you later," she winked. Dahlia typed on her phone while Angel was staring out the car window.

Mrs Fleming stopped outside Angel's house and Angel and Dahlia jumped out.

"Thank you!" Angel said.

"Yes, thanks mom," Dahlia added.

"You two have fun now," Mrs Fleming said and winked.

The two of them waved as she drove away and headed towards the door. "You are so telling me what is going on right now," Dahlia said and opened the door. It was pitch black and suddenly the room was filled with light, as well as the whole school.

"Surprise!"

Angel stammered back, her hand in front of her mouth and staring at the sea of teens standing in her living room, all smiling up at her with arms opened wide. She turned to Dahlia next to her and let out a little excited squeal. "You did this?" She asked.

Dahlia smiled smugly and placed her hands on her hips. "Well, who else!"

Angel threw her arms around Dahlia and the two hugged each other tight, giggling like the seventeen year olds they were. They pulled away to see Brooklyn marching over to them.

"I helped!" He claimed and threw his arms around Angel. She breathed in the scent of him and smiled to herself, thinking of what Dahlia said earlier.

They broke away and Angel beamed up at everyone around her. They came in groups and some one by one, wishing her a happy seventeenth birthday. Angel looked around at the bunch of teens milling about in between all the streamers and balloons and the loud thumping music.

"Hello my little Angel!" Her mom said, hugging her from the side and looking around the room. "You did a fantastic job, Dahlia." She thumped Dahlia on the back.

"Anything for this monkey," Dahlia said, winking at Angel.

"Well," Angel's mom said, "I'll leave you two to it. Your dad and I are going out tonight and I trust you all will be responsible."

Angel and Dahlia shared a look, struggling not to crack a smile. "Absolutely mom," Angel said, putting on a serious face as best as she could.

"No need to worry about us," Dahlia added, hooking her arm in with Angel's.

Her mom pulled a face, pursing her lips, but eventually cracked a smile. "Goodbye girls," she said and with one last hug, made her way to the front door.

"Time to party!" Dahlia said and the two of them whooped loudly, everyone else following their lead.

Angel started the car once again, the rain subsided, but was still pouring. She got back on the rode and drove the route to Brooklyn's house. Her mind was a little clearer now and had one thing on it.

I'm putting a stop to this.

She stopped the car in Brooklyn's driveway just as lightning struck again. She got out, the water pouring on her, but she didn't care. She ran towards the front door of the massive old house and rang the doorbell continuously. She heard footsteps running. It came closer until the dark brown wooden door burst open, revealing a frantic looking Brooklyn.

"I tried to call you back," Brooklyn said almost immediately.

He pulled Angel into the house, her shivering from head to toe, soaked in rain water. "My phone died after the last time I tried calling you."

Brooklyn locked the door. "So I assume you've heard the news than."

"Wait, how did you find out?" Angel asked, her teeth chattering and her heart pounding.

Brooklyn turned towards her. "It was on campus radio," he rubbed his hands together and crossed his arms. "The police found Matt."

Angel frowned. "They arrested him already?" She asked incredulously. "Who called them? How did they know?"

It was Brooklyn's turn to frown. He held up his hands. "Woah, arrested?" He asked.

Angel stopped and looked at him. "Is that not what happened?"

Brooklyn stared at her and shook his head, wiping sweat off his forehead.

"Angel," he said, "Matt's dead."

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Hey readers! I know I haven't updated in so long, it's just that I'm a lazy ass.

Comment, vote and read on! :)
Kisses
Cat😽

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9 0 9
A girl who struggles with anxiety comes across a mystery in the woods. Soon she finds out she's in deeper than she thinks. (TW: Death and Suicide)
Secret Out By Anj

Short Story

3.2K 715 12
The death of Hannah's best friend leads her into a confusing investigation trying to find the killer, proclaiming all her friends are suspects due to...
135 18 13
A former detective is asked to take on a murder case and to find the body of the victim. Soon she finds herself tangled inside family drama, broken f...
785 79 19
A group of friends discover something unexplainable. Something that will uncover and unleash tragedy. Only that something is a she. Note: might be a...