I'm Having a Royal Baby {ORIG...

By LeanGoddess

THE IS THE ORIGINAL STORY OF THE MATERNALISTIC MAID Folashadé knew there would be consequences when it came... More

Rewrite Vs. Original
Chapter 1: One Night Stand
Chapter 2: Breakfast Warnings and Confessions
Chapter 3: Peanut Butter and Morning Sickness
Chapter 4: Late Night Visit
Chapter 5: What If...?
Chapter 6: Test results
Chapter 7: I'll know when you love me
Chapter 8: The Breakdown
Chapter 9: D-anger as well as Favors
Chapter 10: Ruining a Man's Pride
Chapter 11: End of a Friendship
Chapter 12: Secrets
Chapter 13: Affectionate Stares?
Chapter 14: Man To Man
Chapter 15: Surprise
Chapter 17: Royal Announcement
Chapter 18: Development Of a Friendship
Chapter 19: Self-hate
Chapter 20: Denial and Realization
Flashback Chapter
Chapter 21: Almost Getting Caught
Chapter 22: Second Appointment
Chapter 23: Clues and Discovery
Chapter 24: The Ball
Chapter 25: Careless Hormones
Chapter 26: Truth
Chapter 27: Magic
Chapter 28: Deprecation
Chapter 29: Oh Brothers
Chapter 30: Consent to Rebelling
Chapter 31: Disgrace
Chapter 32: Questions and Abruptions
Chapter 33: Miracles Could Be Shattered
Chapter 34: A Done Deal
Chapter 35: The Finale

Chapter 16: The Unexpected

64.8K 1.8K 841
By LeanGoddess

Chapter 16: The Unexpected

Shadé

I bit my lip in anxiety during the whole ride back to the castle. Vincent had gotten angry from Frank and me not answering his question. But, did that intimidate me in the least? No, it hadn't. Vincent wouldn't hurt me, physically, that is. But, Frank was another concern. I didn't want him to get attacked by Vincent again, so I had to protect him.

"Well," he had urged harshly. I was sitting in the front seat, but Vincent was seated diagonally behind me. He had a perfect view of my profile as I could feel his blue, pierce-like gaze burning into my cheek. "What happened," he asked again, impatiently.

We'd pulled up to the castle's gates by now. The moment the car stopped, I immediately stepped out, opened Frank's door, and tugged him with me.

"Hey, come back here," Vincent shouted across the roof of the car. I couldn't disobey Vincent in front of his bodyguard; he may think I'm getting some sort of special treatment.

"Yes, Sir," I answered timidly. Frank and I turned around to see a fuming Prince stomping his way toward us.

"Someone better tell me what happened, or else...," his voice trailed off dangerously with an evil gleam.

I squeezed Frank's hand a little harder and looked up at him, giving him a knowing glance. I released my grip on him and gestured for him to keep walking.

We stayed silent for a few seconds as we waited for Troy, who had a confused look on his face as he passed by.

"What," I hissed angrily, realizing that no one was in earshot. "You're beginning to make everything obvious, you know," I continued. He was pissing me off with these angry and jealous attitudes.

"I don't give two shats about me mak-" I cut him off and placed my hand over his lips. He was way too loud for comfort. I didn't want anybody to eavesdrop on this conversation.

"You need to cut that out; this loudness isn't helping the situation and its stressing me," I said quietly as I slowly dropped my hands from his pink lips. At that moment, they looked kissable, but considering how angry I am with him, he isn't getting anything from me.

"Stressing you!? The fact that you're not telling me about my baby's health is stressing me," he said incredulously. His voice rose a bit higher as he spoke, causing me to instinctively check the area for any eavesdroppers.

"Look, Vincent. Can we have this conversation at a later, safer time? I'm not trying to risk getting caught discussing a baby's health with you," I pleaded. His face was a red ball of fury, but his words were so calm and composed.

"Fine, I'll see you at midnight," he said.

With that, I turned on my heels and headed toward the castle, ignoring the penetrating gaze that Vincent was most likely sending me.

__________

Vincent

I watched Shadé make her way toward the castle and couldn't help but think about the times we used to spend together. That and the fact that she wants to keep anything concerning the-our-baby to herself. I helped conceived the child, so shouldn't I know any and all problems with our baby? Of course.

Oddly enough, it actually hurt me to know that Folashadé didn't want me in our baby's life. How in the hell was that supposed to even work out!? I can't be a king and watch my own child grow up without knowing who their father is when they're living in such a close proximity with me! I can't ignore that.

I turned around and leaned onto the hood of the Rolls Royce and pulled out my iPhone. I frowned in annoyance at the childish appearance of the new update; it was hideous in my opinion.

I dialed the familiar number and waited for it to ring. Shadé didn't think I was serious about this, but I'll show her how serious I really am.

"Vinny! Hello my handsome fiancée," the familiar, high pitched feminine voice said happily.

I smiled sadly at her joyous attitude.

"Mel, do you think you could come by the Windsor for a few minutes," I asked straight-forwardly. There was a short pause before she replied.

"Oh sure. I'll be there in an hour, honey. I love-"

Before she could finish her sentence I hung up. I know it may seem rude of me to do such a thing, but if I was to let her finish, then I'd be obligated to say it back, and saying it back would make me a...liar.

As of now, I've made up my mind.

I'm in love.

With Folashadé.

__________

45 Minutes Later

"Your Highness, Lady Melanie has arrived," a maid, I believe her name was Aimee, announced from where she stood at the library's threshold.

"Already," I asked in surprise.

I wasn't expecting Mel to arrive here this early. She told me she'd be here in an hour and within that hour, I was still thinking of what I could tell Shadé tonight, or how I could apologize to her.

I stood up from my armchair and followed the maid to the foyer. The moment Melanie saw me, she rushed into my arms. I had no other choice but to wrap my arms around her.

"Hey, baby," she greeted joyously into my chest. Melanie was always a merry girl, always happy and smiling.

"Hey, Mel," I replied. I let go of her and, gently, pushed her away in arms reach, but still keeping a firm grip on her forearms. I stared at her flatly while she looked at me with a contagious smile; it almost made me want to smile back at her. But I didn't.

"Mel, we need to talk," I began as I led her upstairs to my bedroom.

"Oh yes, we really do need to talk! I have something to tell you," she squealed excitedly.

As we made our way up to my bed chambers, I realized that Melanie was practically hopping her way there. What was she so excited for?

"Can I go first, please, Vinny! Please," she begged joyously once we were in the privacy of my room. I knew that once I tell her what I've been planning on telling her, she wouldn't want to speak to me afterwards, so I'll just let her go first.

I chuckled softly and waved for her to continue. "Fine, fine, go ahead."

She clapped her palms together in glee as she began to announce whatever it was that she had to tell me so badly.

"Well, since we're going to be a married couple soon, we might also have to add a new addition to our family!"

Those words made it seem as if my whole world has shattered. My original plan of telling her that the marriage is off has completely left my thoughts.

"W-what are you saying," I asked incredulously.

Her smile grew to an even higher degree before she replied. "I'm pregnant, Vinny," she exclaimed happily. To say she was elated was an understatement.

"Oh, that's great...," I trailed off.

I have to tell her that this wedding is over, but at the same time, she is having my baby and if I do that, then she'll look bad amongst society. But, what about Shadé? She's having my child as well, and I am in love with her.

"But," I began. "We have to postpone the wedding."

The joyful expression on Melanie's plump face completely disappears and is replaced with a look of forlorn, then anger.

"E-excuse me!? WE WHAT," she exclaimed, taking a large step away from me. "This can't be happening," she added under her breath.

"Mel, listen, I-" she cut me off with a shove to my chest.

"NO! How could you do this to me!? To our BABY," she asked frantically as her breathing was starting to get labored.

I breathed a deep, exasperating sigh before answering her. "Listen, Love, I'm not ending the wedding, I'm postponing it... to a later date," I said as I inched closer to her angered frame.

She took another step back. "No, Vincent! Tell me why you're postponing the wedding!? Are you trying to avoid marrying me!?"

Yes.

"No. I'm just not ready for matrimony. I need a little more time," I explained. Although I was lying, but she didn't have to know that.

I could clearly see the tears forming in her reddened eyes. She turned around, marched to a nearby dresser and smashed a framed photo of myself.

"NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! I'm not having it! We will get married soon, not later! We will get fucking married," she screamed as she was beginning to reach for a glass vase.

I grabbed her upper arms and pulled her away from the vase. "Melanie, stop it. Calm down," I pleaded against her hair.

She struggled out of my grasp and turned around to face me. Her beautiful, flawless face was masked in wet, fallen tears. I was so mesmerized by her saddened expression that I didn't notice the stinging sensation on my right cheek.

"Until you decide what you want to do with your damn life, then I will 'calm down'," she spat with venom as she pushed past me and towards the door. I didn't even go after her, I was too distracted.

__________

Midnight

Shadé

I was lying down on my back, staring emptily at the white, dull ceiling above me. Usually, I'd be asleep at this time, but considering that Vincent wanted to discuss our unordered 'family', I had to be a grown up and hear him out.

I purposely left my door unlock so he wouldn't have to knock and cause a disturbance amongst the other servants. So, when I heard the creak of my door opening, closing, and then being locked, I wasn't very surprised as I knew who it was.

I felt the weight of his body slowly fall onto my mattress. I snapped my head in his direction and glared. "Get off of my bed," I said in agitation.

At the same slowness that he got on, he got off. "I'm sorry, ok," he said as he held his callous hands up in mock surrender. He headed towards the small sofa positioned in the corner of my room and sat down, finding himself a comfort spot, if there was one. "I just got here and this is how you treat me?"

I stared at him questioningly as I sat up beneath my blanket. "Vincent, don't star-"

"I'm not trying to start anything. Shadé, tell me what happened today. You know that baby is mine as well," he interrupted sternly.

With me being the persistent woman that I was, I wasn't having it. I breathed an exasperated sigh and ignored the fact that he interrupted me. "Vincent, as much as I want you in my baby's life, I doubt it would ever happen," I replied depressingly. After too much thinking, I've realized that it would be best to have Vincent in the twins' lives. Every child needs its mother and father. But at the same time, after what he's done to me, I don't think I can take it. He's getting married and he's going to be a king soon.

Vincent rose from his position on the couch and made his way to my bed. "Then why don't you let me," he asked soothingly. He didn't touch me, but his voice had its way of always mentally caressing me.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but you are getting marrie-" he, once again, cut me off in mid-sentence.

"No, I'm not," he said quickly.

"What," I inquired in shock. That was unexpected.

"I broke off the wedding with Melanie. I need to be in your life, as well as our baby's," he explained.

The fact that he broke off the engagement with Lady Melanie still hasn't registered in my head just yet. Was he really willing to ruin his family's name just to have a family with me? No, I doubt it. I never like to look on the bright side of things because they just seem so impossible, unobtainable. And building a family with Vincent is contrary to reason. It could never happen.

I pulled the blanket off of me and walked to the door. I unlocked it and opened it slowly, making sure no one was in the hallway.

"Vincent," I asked quietly, just below a whisper.

"Yes," he answered, his voice was hoarse and raspy as he mimicked my insinuation.

"Would you do anything for me and our baby," I asked, never losing the murmur in my tone.

"Yes, of course," he answered eagerly.

I turned around to face him, willing the tears to hold on for a little longer as I continued, "I want you to go back to Melanie."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 103 15
Life has change a lot, I finished university I got engaged and then married, and now I am a full time working member of my family. Life is going well...
64.6K 4K 87
After surviving an assassination attempt, Alexander and Rin are adjusting to every day life. Not only is graduation around the corner, Alexander has...
18K 785 31
Natalia Romano was trained to be the Perfect candidate for a future queen, but what school couldn't have prepared her for was becoming a vampire. To...
126K 2.8K 23
A relationship that changed the royal family forever. Started | March 28, 2020 Published | March 29, 2020 Republished | February 1, 2024 Completed |...