Last Two Players [Overlord Fa...

By Fern_Is_Plant

[Stopped Indefinitely] So, Yggdrasil comes to an end. Momonga stays to cherish its last moments, along with h... More

Chapter 2: Reality? Fiction? Doesn't matter cause I gotta escape from a psycho
Chapter 3: Flashbacks. Foreshadowing? Or useless memories of times long past?
Chapter 4: Coliseum
Chapter 5 : Fidelity
Chapter 6: Adjorned
Chapter 6.5 : Stressed
Chapter 7: Utility Wand
Chapter 8 : Starry Night Sky
Chapter 8.5: A short, announcement
Chapter 9: Ring
Chapter 10 : Outside
HAPPY SPOOKTOBER WINGERS *maybe canon maybe not
Chapter 11 : Something Something Interesting Title and Witty Joke
Mini Chapter To Show That I'm Not Dead, Just Lazy
Chapter 12: Monneeeeeh
Chapter 12.5: Acting Is Hard
Chapter 13:
Shorts : Captured
Chapter 13: Its true this time I promise.
Shorts: RyuoTalkβ„’
Shorts: Nazarick Incorporated 1
Chapter 14: Chili Con Carne Village and a tiny crisis
Dragon King's Odyssey #1

Chapter 1: Shutdown

27.3K 301 208
By Fern_Is_Plant

"Talking"

'Thinking'

[Spells and Martial Arts]

"Really Intense Speaches"

(Author butting in)

Dive Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Also known as DMMO-RPG. It is a type of game where you can enjoy an imaginary world as if you were in it.
Yggdrasil

Released in 2126, it stood above all other DMMO-RPGs due to its expansive map and unusually high player freedom, making it explosively popular within the country of Japan. Now, twelve years later, Yggdrasil is about to see its end.

'It was fun. It was really fun'

"Hey there. It's been a really long time, Momonga-san" a person said to him. Not a person really, but a blob of slime with two holes for eyes. "Hi there" a tall brute appeared in a flash of light on a chair at the opposite of the slime. He is a True Demon, clad in The Armor of Death. A grayish armor that emits an aura that, when in PVP, decreases the health of his opponent little by little. A glowing greatsword and a greatshield with a crest of a  dragon in the middle rests at the back of his chair. A red cape hangs from his shoulders, and in the center is the crest of their beloved Guild, Ainz Ooal Gown.

"I didnt think that you'd come, Herohero-san . You too, Ryuo-san, long time no see" he says. A skeletal avatar waves at the the two of them. An Elder Lich to be precise. Donning a veil with shoulder pads in silver gray. A gem resides in the middle of his chest that resembles an eye, and each of his fingers are adorned by rings.

"It's almost the end, isn't it? So I came here to say my goodbyes" Ryuo greets him with a smile.

"Herohero-san, it has been two years now, hasn't it?"

"It's been that long? This is bad. I've been doing so much overtime lately that my concept of time is messing up" he replies with a nod. "Isnt that a bad symptom?" Ryuo states, caring for his guildmate. "My body? It's completely worn out." He shrugs. "Whoa" Momonga exclaimed. "I'm sorry. I didn't come here just to complain."

Momonga raises is hand as a sign of empathy at the state of Herohero-san. "Please don't worry about it" a smiling emoticon pops up.

"Oh, I have to go soon. I'm way too sleepy" he reaches for his console and looks the log out button. "Oh, sleep well, Herohero-san" Ryuo sends his regards to him. A happy emoticon pops up.

"I'm really sorry about this. But, I'm surprised that the Great Tomb of Nazarick is still here." He looks around, scanning the environment.

"Huh" Momonga nods. "You must have been maintaining it as the guild leader, Momonga-san." He says in amusement. "Well, Nazarick was a base that we created together."

"Momonga-san and Ryuo-san, thank you for all of your hard work." A happy face pops up. "I hope we meet again somewhere"

"Herohero-san has logged out"

"Today is the last day Yggdrasil's servers will run. Why not stay until the end?" he sighs. "No, I'm happy that he even came today" Momonga sighs. " I hope we meet again somewhere, huh? If that would happen, Just when and where would that be?"

"You've got to be kidding me!" he growls as he hits the table in anger. A number 0 pops up, stating that he did not damage it. "This is the Great Tomb of Nazarick that we built together! How can he give it up so easily?!"

"Momonga, he didnt give it up" Ryuo calms him down. "No one would give it up so easily" he pats the back of Momonga. "Thank you, Ryuo-san" he pats him back as a sign of thanks.

They walk towards the guild weapon, Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown. "We all played recklessly to make that thing, didn't we?" Ryuo looks at the item. "Some of them even used their paid vacation and others even fought with their wives to make time and get materials for this" Momonga recalls back.

"But among all 42 of us, 37 of them quit" Ryuo says "And even the 3 that remained..." Momonga takes the staff from its place "Let's go. You are the testament to our guild."

'There were two requirements for joining the guild Ains Ooal Gown.' I walk to the Throne room.

'The player's avatar had to be inhuman and the member had to be a functioning member of society.'

'That's right, everyone's livelihood was at stake'

'There were people who even made their dreems come true'

'It can't be helped that they all chose real life in the end'

As he walked down the hall, he saw a bunch of NPC's lined up and they bowed when he got near.

He opened his console to see their names.

"Sebas Tian"

"Oh, his name is Sebas Tian" Momonga puts his hand to his chin, as if he was thinking.

"And the Combat Maids of Pleiades!" Ryuo exclaims, he always had a passion for maids.

"We stationed them here to guard the throne room, right?" He asks Momonga. "Yeah, but no player ever made it this far." Momonga and Ryuo laugh. "Hey Momonga, go move them, It would be a shame if they were left to gather dust "

"Follow"

The maids followed Momonga all the way to the throne room.

"I'm sure everyone will forgive me for doing whatever I want for just today" he says. " I know I will" Ryuo points at his self. "Just don't do something too much"

They stop infront of a big door, a door with a demon engraved on one side and an angel in the other.

"Here we are!" Ryuo pushes open the big door. He looks at the various emblems that were hung at the ceiling.

"The command was "Stand By", right?" At the moment that he said the command, Sebas and the maids stepped aside.

Momonga sits on the throne and Ryuo stands at his side.

A black haired beauty kneeled at the foot of the throne.

"Albedo, huh? What was her info again?" Ryuo and Momonga open their console and looks at her description.

'As the strongest NPC in the Tomb of Nazarick, she supervises all of the guardians...'

"HOOLY SHIT, SO LONG!" Ryuo and Momonga scroll down at the list in her info. "Come to think of it, the settings maniac Tabula-san was the one who created her"

At the end of the list, it says

'On the outside, she is the perfect beauty'

'By the way, on the inside she's a bitch'

"What, a bitch?" Momonga sighs

"Tabula-san always did love a contradiction in looks and character" Ryuo exclaims

"But, this is just too terrible" 'You normally need a tool to change the settings, but since I have this' he points the staff at his console and he was granted Administrator authority inorder to change it.

"What are you going to change it into?" Ryuo looks at Momonga's console.

'She is deeply inlove wih Momonga' Ryuo facepalms.

"That, is so embarassing" he sighs deeply. "I'm so stupid!" he puts a hand to his face, as if trying to hide redness from embarassment. "Yup, stupid. As if she would fall in love with someone like you" He snickers at himself, and Momonga lightly punches his shoulder.

They close their consoles

"Let me think, that command was.." he extends his hand and signals them to kneel.

"Bow Down" They kneeled on their knees.

"Well, it's time to get going, it's almost time to shut he servers"

Ryuo walks away.

"Umm, Ryuo-san. Where are you going?" he asked him. "Oh, me? I'm going to see my creation for the last time"

"Oh, okay"

A sigh of relief escapes Momonga as he watches Ryuo teleport using the Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown.

And in a flash of light, Ryuo was gone.

He teleports to the 1st floor, the floor that was given to him as a present for getting the first gem for the staff.

It is surrounded by medieval equipment, maces to axes hung on the walls. Soldiers lined up on each sides of the wall. Chanderliers on the ceiling and a red carpet leading to the entrance to the stairway leading the floor beneath.

A tall knight stood next to the door as if it was guarding it. It wore a full armor set and he has a straightsword strapped to its waist, and is holding a greatshield in it's arms (He always loved greatshields).His name is Excaliber, based on the legendary sword of King Arthur.

His room was called The Knight's Hall Of Challenges. It was called this because even if this was the first floor, it was very (EHUM) "challenging". When an intruder enters the floor, each time he passes a knight, it will attack the intruder, and the entrance would be shut, thus making his only choice to go through, which would aggro the other knights, making it challenging. Combined with arrows shot from the walls, it was deadly.

But if he makes it past the knights, or defeats them, walls (sort of an arena) protrude around the intruder and Excaliber will attack him.

He has a simple moveset, but a lot of health. So all that they do will feel like baby punches. His "simple" moveset contains sweeping attacks, 1 lunge and 2 gap closers.

If he falls below 25% health. He will use the only ability that he has.

[OverPower]

After a short cast time, he will release a shockwave that is only avoidable by magic defenses. He then accumulates the damage dealth with the spell in his sword and teleports to the nearest enemy and slashes them.

If he is defeated, he will revive with 1 health and grabs whoever is near. He then explodes, dealing instant death magic.

"Oh Excaliber, the memories we made together" he caresses his chest in a way that a stalker would caress her body pillow.

Snapping him out of his delusion, two simultaneous pings was heard.

'A message has been received'

"Oh, who would send this?" he opens his console and sees the sender

"Peroroncino"

'Sent from Mobile'

"Check the info of Shalltear, I left you a surprise"

PS. "HAHAHAHHAAHHA"

"What the heck?" he rubs his head in confusion.

'What surprise?'

He teleports to the room of Shalltear and immediately checks her info.

In the bottom it states

" She is in love with Ryuo"

" P.S. She will chase him till the ends of the earth just to be with him. Really clingy "

"P.P.S. HAHHAHAHHHHHAH"

"WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK?" he stumbles backward, surprised at the changes made.

He takes out a tool used to edit information about NPCs.

"You are not allowed to edit this NPC "Shalltear Bloodfallen""

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS"

He sighs at the shenanigan made by Peroroncino.

"Oh well, no time to change it. Got to enjoy the last moments of this amazing game" he goes in his inventory and takes out a chalice filled with red potion.

'Healing Wine'

It is used to heal injuries and cure status effects after battle. And it is a rare drop.

{23:59:55}

"Bottoms up!"

{23:59:57}

He tips the chalice to his mouth

{23:59:59}

And the drink slides down his throat

{00:00:00}

He chokes on a burning sensation of the alcohol in his throat

{00:00:01}

*cough*cough

{00:00:03}

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" he holds his throat while coughing in an attempt to soothe his throat.

'What happened here?'

Stay tuned for Chapter 2 : Reality?

AN: First fic here. Really appreciate any thoughts about this :D

TILL NEXT TIME!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.3K 2.2K 52
I HAVE MOVED ON TO AO3, THIS MOST LIKELY WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED (ao3: zaikunxx) I PLAN TO REWORK SOME OF THE CHAPTERS IN THIS BOOK ON AO3, SO PLEA...
1.9K 71 12
Before the Shutdown, Momonga finds a Secret Boss who drops a Mysterious Item. But when he fuses it with the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, he creates an It...
80.9K 2.4K 63
Momonga becomes the Emperor of the Yggdrasil how will he affect the new world and the other worlds? will it be destruction and chaos or peace and pro...
144K 4.8K 51
Momonga/Ainz logs into Yggdrasil on its last day, thankfully someone shows up and suggest something, "Momonga lets make one last NPC, it will be your...