Bela Salvatore 》The Vampire D...

By lovethebreeze

With her twin brother Stefan, Bela returns to Mystic Falls wanting to start a new normal human life, but bein... More

The Beginning
First Day
Plan Making
He's Back
Hospital Visit
Tension
Search Party
Deals and Dinner Plans
Unwanted House Guest
Game Time
Family Ties
You're Undead To Me
Lost Girls
Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children Of The Damned
Fool Me Once
There Goes The Neighborhood
Let The Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Party
The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill Or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Merry Christmas!!!!
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By The Light Of The Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

A Few Good Men

2.6K 55 7
By lovethebreeze

I was walking around the woods, heading home with a container full of blood bags.  I wanted to take the long way, clear my mind for a bit.  Katherine wasn't in that tomb.  Good for her, but terrible for Damon.  I would have thought she be looking for him the last century or at least Stefan.  I guess she didn't care.  So, all that stuff she told me was a lie.  She promised to look for us if we ever got separated.  To make things worst, Sheila died.  The spell took a lot out of her.  That spell that was wasted on a dead end.  I feel bad for Bonnie.  I tried to talk to her, but she hasn't answered any of my calls.  I don't blame her though, she needed time.

》》》》

1903 (New Orleans)

"Come on, Bela, please do this for me?"  Rebekah asked.

I shook my head, "No.  I don't want to sell myself.  I have more dignity than that."

She chuckled, "You're not selling yourself.  You're being auctioned for a date."  That's basically the same thing.  "Please, you're a catch.  Lots of men would want to go on a date with you."

I scoffed, "Then why aren't you doing it?"

"You know how Nik gets."

"So."

"This is all for a really good cause and I already signed you up."

My eye twitched, "So."

"And I know someone who wants to take you out?"

"So."

She groaned as she came up to me and pushed me to my room, "So...I told him that you'll be at the auction.  He didn't say much, but he's really looking forward into winning that date."

I went to the closet and took the gown Rebekah placed for me, "What makes you think he's going to win anyway?  What if someone outbids him?  And, more importantly, why didn't he ask me instead of making me do this?"

I went back out and found Rebekah sitting in my bed, "Don't worry, love, he won't be outbid.  And he thought you wouldn't agree so willingly."

I poked my head out from the bathroom, "And who is this mysterious person?"

She smirked at me, "You'll have to wait."

》》》》

Present (Mystic Falls)

I heard the sound of some girls giggling from the parlor and groaned.  Damon, being in one of his moods, brought some girls to snack on.

I made my way towards the fridge, "I don't want any tramp stains on the couch!"  He just ignored me.

After placing the bags in the fridge I went back and poured me some bourbon.  I took a sip as Damon dropped the girl.  He smirked at me as he grabbed another girls arm and held her wrist up.

"Want some?"

I glared, "No, I'm good with this bourbon and a blood bag."

He tsked, "Tell me, Bels.  When was the last time you had the taste of warm, fresh, blood going down your throat?"

"Months."  I dead-panned.

"And you're telling me that you never craved.  Just take a sip."

"I know what you're doing, Damon, and it's not gonna work.  I'm not Stefan when it comes to that.  Look, I get it, you're pissed because Katherine wasn't in the tomb.  I know I am, but I'm not going to kill some girls to feel better."

"I'm not going to kill them."  I raised my eyebrow at him.  "I'm not!  And maybe you should spend some time away from him.  Where is my sister that embraced her vamperism?  The one that lived for danger?"

I crossed my arms, "She's still here."

He scoffed and passed me one of the girls, "Then prove it."

He was giving me a challenging smirk.  He knew I wasn't going to do it.  I'm gonna prove him wrong.  Sorry, Zach.  I felt my fangs come out and I planted them on the girls neck.  The sweet taste of her blood filled my mouth.  He planned this, he gave me my favorite blood type...AB+.  He's right though I missed this.  I detached myself from the girl and gave out a chuckle.

"And she's back."  Damon gave a satisfied smirk.

"Like I said I never left."

"Then let's drink to that."

He handed me the other girl while he grabbed her friend and turned the music up.  The other two girls, who we drank from, began dancing.  I didn't do anything but sank my teeth into the new girl.

"How do I taste?"  The girl asked Damon.

Damon began swaying with her, "Oh, so much better than your friends.  But shh.  Don't tell them.  They might get jealous."  Stefan came into the room, turned on the lights, and stopped the music.  Damon brought his head up from the girl's neck, "No.  Buzzkill Bob."

"Hey, Stef."  I said as I detached myself from the friends and used my sleeve to wipe the blood off my mouth.

"Are you drinking from people, Bels?"  Stefan asked in disbelief.

Damon answered for me, "Yep, finally decided to be her-drinking-self again.  Thanks to yours truly."

Stefan glared at him, "Can we talk?"

"Yeah."

Stefan looked at the girls, "Without the tri-delts."

"Anything you have to say to me, you can say in front of them.  They're really good at keeping secrets."  Stefan gave him a disapproving look.  I rolled my eyes and escorted the girls to the couch before standing in the middle of Stefan and Damon.  "You're worried about me.  That's nice.  Don't be.  There's no need, I'm fine.  Why wouldn't I be?  Spent the last 145 years with one goal, get in that tomb. I succeeded.  Granted, Katherine wasn't in there to be rescued, but why dwell?  No, it's so liberating not having a master plan, because I can do whatever the hell I want."

"That's kind of what I'm afraid of."

"Relax.  I haven't killed anyone in -"  Damon sighed.  "- too long."

"Those girls?"

"Will end up in their dorm with headaches, think they blacked out. Business as usual.  Predictable you didn't pull me over here for a pep talk."  He pushed the bottle to Stefan's chest.  "So drink up.  Spill it, brother."

Stefan crossed his arms, "There was a woman you may have known a few years back named Isobel in North Carolina at Duke."

"What about Isobel?  We all know Damon killed her."  I asked.

"I just - just wanna know if he remembers anything about her."  Stefan said with a look that says 'I'll explain later.'

"Oh, it's like a needle in a haystack, Stefan."  Damon said.

"Well, think hard.  It's important."

Damon shook his head, "Nothing is important, not anymore. Great chat. I have to go and exploit some women in the name of grief, which I'm sure you understand.  'Ttfn,' said the tri-delt.  Heh."  Then left.

》》》》

"Wait, so Isobel was Elena's birth mother?"  I asked.

Stefan sighed as he placed his hands in his pockets, "Yes."

"The same Isobel, who happens to be Alaric's dead wife, that Damon killed."

"Yes, Bels."

I shook my head, "I would say what are the odds, but with our luck...not much.  Does Elena know?"

"No, all she knows is that her birth mother is named Isobel."

"Does Alaric know?"

"We're about to find out."

He nodded his head towards Alaric's direction.  He called Stefan so we could meet him at the park.  Stefan didn't tell me why though, but we're about to find out. 

Alaric started, "Thanks for meeting me.  Something's come up."

"Jenna told you."  Stefan said.

"Yeah."

"So your wife Isobel really was Elena's birth mother."  I stated.

"What does Elena know?"

"About your wife?"

"About everything.  About you guys, your brother."

Stefan nodded, "She knows what we are."

"And she knows that you know about the vampires."  I finished.

"Does she know about Damon and Isobel?"  Alaric asked.

Stefan shook his head, "No.  I couldn't tell her, not until I was sure."

"And I just found out."

"You said you'd help me."  Alaric said.

"I asked Damon without saying too much.  He doesn't remember."  Stefan responded.

"Maybe he does.  You weren't very subtle with that approach.  He's not stable right now, but he's not stupid."  I pointed out.

"He murdered my wife or at the very least made a meal out of her.  When has he been stable?"  Alaric asked.

"I'm telling you not to push this."  Stefan told him.

"Give me a reason not to."

"Your survival.  How's that for a reason?"

I sighed, "We'll handle it, but for now, I need you to let it go."

"Is that what you two tell Elena?  Let it go?"

He just pushed Stefan's buttons, "Leave Elena out of this."

"I need to know what happened.  I think you would, too."

I went in to middle and pushed both men back, "What we need is something more than just your wife's name.  A picture, something we could show Damon."

Alaric took his wallet out and handed us a picture of Isobel.  Stefan took it from him and walked away.  I send Alaric a thankful smile and followed Stefan.

》》》》

1903 (New Orleans)

I was next.  This auction is ridiculous.  I can't believe Rebekah pulled me into this.  It's best not to argue with her.  She maybe my friend, but that doesn't mean she won't hurt me.  She made me put on her gown and let me borrow some of her jewlery.  So the only thing I'm wearing that is mine is my daylight ring.

"

You look beautiful, Bela."  Bekah said.

I was smoothing out the dress, "Well, I don't feel beautiful.  You sure I can't skip this."

"No.  Now, hush, you're up."

"Our next lovely young lady goes by the name of Bela Salvatore.  Be careful gents, she is a feisty one."  Marcel said.

Bekah was giving me an encouraging smile.  She gently pushed me and I grabbed the hem of my dress.  I was coming down the stairs, taking a good look of the room.  A lot of men, and a few women, were there.  I spotted Elijah at the far corner of the room with Klaus.  They both raised their glass at me and smiled, Klaus more amusingly than Elijah.

"Shall we start the bidding at $300?"  Marcel asked.  One of the gentleman raised his hand.  "$350?"  A different gentleman raised his hand.  "400?"  Another guy raised his hand.

"How about $4000?"  A voice said. 

I snapped my head up and found the person.  He was at the entrance of the Quarter wearing his signature smirk.  My eyes widen at the bidder.

Kol.

》》》》

Present (Mystic Falls)

Stefan went home to talk to Elena.  Me, I headed over to the Gilbert home.  I knocked on the door and waited.  Jeremy opened the door and I didn't give him a chance to say hello.

I held the bags up with my hands, "Ready for the horror movie marathon, follow by a quick visit from junk food city?"

He chuckled as he opened the door, letting me in, "Yeah.  Let me set up the DVD."

I placed the bags on the table, "Didn't know what kind of horror movies you like so I brought; Drag Me To Hell, Orphan, The Collector, Friday The 13th, and The Unborn."

"Pass me Orphan."  He said.

I passed him the movie and I set the food on the table.  I brought it all; chips, popcorn, candy, two 6 pack of sodas, nacho cheese for the chips, and pie.  When I say 'junk food city' I really mean it. 

I sighed as I place my hands on my hips and gestured to the food, "Think we'll be able to finish all that before I leave to the Bachelor raffle thing?"

He pressed play and grabbed one of the chips, "Definitely."

We were up to the scene where the women (who dresses up like a little girl) was dragging the mother to the water and her daughter was watching the whole exchange.  My phone vibrated in my pocket.  When I took it out I groaned, Elena message me to meet her at the grill.

"Sorry, Jer, but I gotta go."  I said as I got up.

He paused the movie, "That's ok.  This movie sucks anyway."

I chuckled, "I know.  Guess we'll finish our marathon another day."

He smiled, "Yeah."

》》》》

I made it to the grill and Elena immediately dragged me towards Caroline and Matt.

She stopped me halfway, "Did you know about her?"

"And by 'her' you mean Isobel?"  She nodded.  "I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Stefan told you already."

"About Isobel being Alaric's wife."

"Yeah, that's the one.  What are you gonna do?  Are you gonna talk to him?"

"Stefan says not to right now."

"Listen to him.  I understand what you're going through with this information, but imagine what Alaric's going through.  He just found out that your birth mother was his dead wife, who's been killed by a vampire.  He might not want to talk about it right now.  But, if you do decide to talk to him, I'll respect your decision."

She nodded before walking towards the table Caroline and Matt were at.  She was selling raffle tickets and glancing at Matt.  I guess they're a thing now.

"He's already been hit on, like, 35 times.  He's total cougar bait."  Caroline said.

Elena gave Matt an amusing look, "Impressive."

Matt chuckled, "More like embarrassing."

Then some women, who wore too much makeup, came at the table.

Caroline smiled, "Hi, Mrs. Donovan."

Kelly ignored her and threw Elena into a hug.  Bitch, "Elena, honey."

Elena smiled, "Hi, Kelly."

"Long time, no see."

"How are you doing?"

"Oh, same old. Oh, Matty tells me you broke his heart."  She gave a pout.

Matt was getting embarrased, "Mom."

"Just kidding.  Calm down.  He found his rebound girl."  She glanced at Caroline.  What a bitch.

I smirked at her,"What's that saying 'takes one to know one?'  Tell me, Mrs. Donovan, how many times were you a rebound girl?" 

She was looking at me up and down, "I'm no one's rebound girl.  Who are you?"  She looked at Matt.  "Matty, don't tell me you slept with her too."

"I'm just a friend.  Unlike you, I don't sleep with the entire male population."  I kept my smirk, "Now, tell me, did you get rid of those crabs yet?  Or are you still sleeping around, getting drunk, and being a pathetic excuse of a mother you really are?"  Elena, Caroline, and Matt looked at me wide-eyed.

She glared at me as she took some money out of her purse before giving it to Caroline, "Here you go, sweetheart.  However many that'll buy."  Caroline gave her the tickets and Kelly walked away.

"What the hell, Bela?"  Matt asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I needed to defend your girlfriend, seeing you weren't gonna do it.  She was asking for it anyway."

"But, that didn't give you the right to talk to her like that."

"I'm sorry to say this, Matt, but your mom's a bitch.  I don't care if she's your mom and older than me, if she's treating others like a bitch then I'll talk to her like one."

"That still doesn't make it ok."

"And I don't care.  She needs to show your girlfriend some respect."

Matt gave me a disapproving look before going back to work. 

"Even though I don't approve of your ways, thank you, Bela."  Caroline said.

I gave her a smile, "Like I said she should show my perky blonde friend some respect."

"I still can't believe you said that to her."  Elena cut in.

I shrugged my shoulders with a smile.  Elena just chuckled and we made our way towards Jenna as Carol Lockwood started the raffle.  One of the bachelors is a plumber.  He looked sleezy and ignorant.  She introduced Alaric, who looked nervous.  Jenna was looking at him and smiling.  They would be good together.  Elena smiled and waved at Stefan.  And finally Damon, who I rolled my eyes at, was introduced.  Carol asked Damon if he had any hobbies or if he traveled.  That's when things got a bit interesting.

"Oh, yeah.  L.A., New York.  Couple of years ago, I was in North Carolina, near the Duke campus, actually.  I think - I think Alaric went to school there."  Damon looked at Alaric.  "Didn't you, Rick?  Yeah, 'cause I - I know your wife did.  I had a drink with her once.  She was - she was a great girl.  I ever tell you that? 'cause she was - she was - delicious."  Damon smirked at the end.

If looks could kill Damon would be dead with the glare I was giving him.  I heard Jenna ask Elena of she was ok.  Elena just said she needed some air.  I went after her, Stefan following, after giving one more glare at Damon and he gave a mocking wave.

We reached outside and Elena ran a hand through her hair.

"Elena."  Stefan said.

Elena turned to us, "He killed her?  Damon was the vampire that killed her?"

"We don't know what happened.  Alaric said that they never found the body."  I added.

Elena's mouth opened, "Oh, my god."

"I know.  I'm sorry.  I wanted to tell you, but I just - I wanted to know more."  Stefan said.

"I was feeling sorry for him.  Hoping that this whole Katherine thing would change him.  I'm so stupid."

"He doesn't know about her being your mother."  I said

"I thought about confronting him, but he's already on edge."  Stefan added.

"Why are you both protecting him?"  Elena asked.

Stefan gave her a sad look, "Because you're not the only one hoping that he might actually change."

Elena was looking behind us and got scared.  Stefan and I turned around and see a guy staring at us.

"That man.  I saw that man outside of Trudie's."

Stefan pulled Elena behind him, "Get back inside. Come on."

》》》》

1903 (New Orleans)

Right now I was thinking of ways to get Rebekah back for this.  She knew I wouldn't want to do this if I had known.  Ever since that one night stand with him, we've been avoiding each other.  Guess I can't now, seeing I have to go on a date with that selfish bastard.  Rebekah got me ready and now I was waiting for Kol. 

I sat down on the bench outside waiting for himI tried not to be pissed, which was hard - considering who my date is.  He told me to be here at 7:30, it's 7:50.  I'm tired of waiting so I got up.

"You leaving already."  Kol said from behind me.

I got good look at him.  He was wearing a tux.  His hair combed back.  He had his hands behind his back.  I hate myself for thinking this, but he looked good.  He was looking at me up and down too. 

I rolled my eyes, "Well, you're late.  I wasn't going to stand here any longer."

He grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on the back of it while smirking, "Well, the wait is over."  He offered me his arm.  I looked at him suspiciously, but hooked my arm through his.

Why am I suspicious?  We haven't seen each other in months and, all of a sudden, he's taking me out on a date.  I'm a bit nervous though.  He'll probably make me slaughter a whole bar again.  I will admit in the end it turned out to be alright, until we had sex with each other.  Then, after my talk with Klaus, my feelings for Kol have been...complicated.  Like one side hates him and then there was this tiny part of me that wants to kiss him again.  Then as months went by I began missing Kol's presence.

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?"  Kol asked me.

I glanced at him, "Nothing much, just that we haven't spoken in months and out of the blue you bought a date with me.  And now that I've think about it...makes me feel like hooker."

He chuckled, "Trust me, darling, you're not."

I eyed him a warily, "What are you up to, Kol?"

He stopped us, "I'm here to take you out on a date."

He slowly spun me around and my eyes widen at the place.  It wasn't a bar or a fancy restaurant.  I didn't realize we walked that far and ended up near the gardens.  There were lights along the sidewalk, and flowers showering behind them.  There was a gazebo in the middle, with vines surrounding the top and trickling down the corners.  In the far corner if the gazebo was a man, playing the piano.

Kol walked us to the middle of the gazebo.  He unhooked his arm and outstretched his hand, "May I have this dance?"

》》》》

Present (Mystic Falls)

Stefan and I were too late, Elena's confronting Damon about Isobel.  Damon clearing didn't understand what she was talking about.  Well, he's about to find out.

Elena glared at him, "Did I forget to mention earlier when we were talking about my birth mother.  The one that gave me up?  Her name was Isobel.  Go ahead.  Reminisce about how you killed her."

Elena stepped around him and made her way outside.  I gave Damon one last glance before following her with Stefan.  Just as we were about to cross the street the same man from before stood in front of us.

The man looked at Elena, "I have a message for you."

"What?"

"Who are you?"  I asked.

The man ignored my question, "Stop looking."

"Stop looking for what?"  Elena asked.

"She doesn't want to know you.  She doesn't want to talk to you."

"Isobel?"

"You need to stop looking.  Do you understand?"

"She's alive? Does that mean she's a-"  Elena trailed off, now I was thinking about the possibility.

Stefan pulled Elena closer to him, "Elena, he's under a compulsion."

"Do you understand?"  The man asked.

Elena nodded, "Yes. I do."

"Good.  I'm done now."

The man took a step back, then a car sped over and began crushing him under the tires.  Elena screamed and clutched on to Stefan as my eyes widen.  We went over to the body to and saw his mangled corpse as people began to circle around the body.

"Come on.  Let's get out of here."  Stefan said.

》》》》

1903 (New Orleans)

I kept glancing at Kol's hand and back at him.  I slowly accepted his invitation.  He placed his hand around my waist and grabbed my other hand.  I used my free hand and placed it on his shoulder.  We started to sway to the music, which was lovely.  I kept my eyes trained on his, trying to find his end game.  He was just smirking at me.

"Now, don't you look lovely.  I suspect this is Rebekah's doing."  He spun me around.

"Yes, it is.  I must admit you don't look bad yourself."

"I needed to look devilishly handsome tonight.  I want to make my spendings worth my while and I must say it's worth it."

"So, instead of asking me, you convinced Rebekah to put me in that auction."

He smirked again, "You wouldn't agree so willingly now, would you?"

"Again, I ask, what are you up to?"

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I tell you."

"I'm not kidding, Kol.  What are you up to?  No, better question, what do you want from me?"

He sighed, "Nothing."

I raised my eyebrow, "Why don't I believe you?  You want something from me."  I pulled myself away from him and gestured around us.  "This...this is all part of your plan, isn't it?  You don't speak to me for months, and when you do you act like nothing's changed.  Then, you use whatever charm you think you have on me to get what you want.  I'm not going to fall for it."

"And why does this matter to you?  Last time, I recall, you despise me."

"Maybe, I don't anymore!  Maybe, since that night, my hatred for you began to dissolve!  Maybe, my affections towards you have grown more than I realize, but buried them down because I knew you wouldn't return it!"  I shouted.  My eyes widen when those words came out.  I can't believe I said that.

I felt my cheeks heating up as I picked up the hem of my dress and avoided eye contact with Kol, "You know what, I'm leaving.  I hope you got your money's worth."

I began walking away.  I was walking down the isle of the gardens trying to regain my breath.  I can't believe I said that.  I didn't even realize that my words are true. 

I have feelings for Kol Mikaelson.

I felt a rush of wind pass me and my eyes met his.  He quickly walked up to me, grabbed my face in his hands, and kissed me.  My eyes closed as I brought my hands around his neck.  The kiss started out slow, but it grew more passionate each second.  Kol tilted his head to deepen the kiss.  I gasped when he bit my bottom lip, causing his tounge to slip into mine.  I felt myself smile though.  This wasn't a heated kiss, or a pity one.  He didn't need to say it for me to know that he feels the same way.

We pulled apart and I opened my eyes and saw something I've never expected to see.

Kol was smiling at me.

》》》》

Present (Mystic Falls)

Stefan went to drop Elena off, so I went home.  As I enter the parlor my eyes widen at the lifeless body of Alaric Saltzman.  Damon just sat nonchalantly on the couch, drinking his bourbon.

I knelt down next to the lifeless body, then glared up at Damon, "What the hell did you do?"

"What?  He attacked me."

I had enough of him.  I sped over, pinned him to the wall, and spat, "What the hell happened?"

"All I did was tell him the truth.  His wife didn't want him anymore.  It's not my fault he couldn't handle it."  Damon coughed out.

"Like you've been handling Katherine?"

Damon sped me over to the other wall and pinned me, "I'm handling it fine, maybe it's you who needs to handle things better.  Yes, you didn't want her out of that tomb in middle, but you helped in the end.  I mean that's gotta hurt finding out that your best friend never contacted you over the years.  And you know what?  Isobel came to me.  She found me.  And if she's related to Elena, that means she's related to Katherine.  Maybe Katherine sent her to me."

I kneed Damon in the chest, when he let's go I threw him across the room, "I was hurt...for five seconds.  But - just like you should - I got over it.  So, pull your head out of your ass and stop looking."

Damon got up and glared at me, "Can't be a coincidence Isobel sought me out. Can't."  He pointed to Alaric's body, "I'm assuming you'll take care of this."  And left the room.

I knelt down next to Alaric's body, "I'm so sorry."

Then I saw Alaric's finger twitched before he shot up.  My eyes widen as he kept breathing heavily and looking around the room.

"What happened?  What's going on?"  He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "You were just...did Damon turn you?"

Alaric shook his head, "No.  I went for him, and then he stabbed me."

I looked at him in disbelief, "No, no, no.  Someone must have slipped vampire blood into your system."

"No.  It's...it's something else."

"Then how?"

Alaric looked down at his ring, "I...Isobel."  I raised my eyebrows at him and he showed me the ring.  "This ring protected me.  That's impossible."

I sighed, "I know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505K 12.4K 51
Faith Everly never had the best life. From having an abusive mother to being a siphoner, life wasn't the greatest. So what happens when vampires star...
268K 6.3K 42
Skyler Salvatore, the twin sister of Stefan Salvatore, who are both the younger siblings of Damon Salvatore. Skyler's always had a rough life, as a h...
14.6K 324 14
The Morningstar family is making their way to Mystic Falls with the Mikaelsons not far behind. Darrold Morningstar has found his mate, the newly turn...
346K 8.1K 60
Samantha returns back to Mystic Falls to help her sister after her parents death. Unexpected, mysterious things started happening in the tiny town. S...