We meet again

By lotus7543

Meera Maholtra, 22 years old, got a wonderful family living in the U.K. Attending University with her Bestie... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Main Cast/Characters
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
DEDICATION
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Author's Note!
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter!
NEW BOOK!

Chapter 5

15.8K 522 26
By lotus7543

Ajay P.O.V

Today is the the day I get to see her. Her completely stupid face. I don't want to even see it. Ok I might of not ever seen her but she agreed to this marriage keeping me further away from Samantha. Luckily Samantha won't be here for the proposal. So it's fine I just need to be cold and harsh to the girl to make her say no.

It's going to be easy as I have some alone time with her during the proposal to talk to her. Anyway she's probably not as beautiful as Samantha no girl is.

Her family are on her way but it is taking awhile. Hope they have car trouble or can't make it. They'll probably need one more hour they said.

An hour and a half later...

More than one hour but nonetheless they made it. Ugh! Why? Life isn't on my side today.

The car they came in is very sleek and modern and quite big not as big as ours but big enough to tell that they were above average on the money scale.

A man stepped out with a black suit and he had a stern and sharp look. Afterwards a woman stepped out wearing a simple sari, I think it's the mother. They are both talking to my parents looking quite annoyed.
Great maybe the proposal is called off!

" son come down to the sitting room and meet the parents."

Maybe not.

I go down in my suit looking very handsome indeed and my hair slicked back. There waiting there are the parents. They are all giving me warm smiles especially the brides mother and my mother. Ugh!? Women are making this harder I can't let sympathy take over me.

Then a man comes in also in a suit looking just like the brides father. Probably sibling or something.

"This is the groom, eh my blossom could have got better."

How dare he says that out loud and with a smirk as well. Ok we'll see about that.

" Good to know that then."

His parents start glaring at him while he just shrugs and sits on the couch. He doesn't own the place but just walks around like He is in charge. I don't like him at all.

We all sit down and they start talking while I'm thinking what's her name and what is she going to look like. What! Why do I care?! You know what never mind it's just normal curiosity.

Suddenly another car appears screeching to a halt. Then this girl who is really hyper in some jeans and a t- shirt is jumping around comes out. Is that her? No it can't be she isn't even Indian.

I hear some jingling noises (anklets) and I see a foot pop out decorated with henna which is followed by a red sparkling trail of fabric.

"Blossom there she is the princess, you are one lucky man."

Ok I guess, and simply nod. Suddenly there she is in a red sari and long luscious hair flowing in gentle waves off her shoulders. Her slim frame perfectly accenting the sari wrapped around her figure.

Oh my god! What am I thinking?! I love Samantha she is way prettier than her. Right? Wait no doubt needed Samantha is way prettier. I'm not saying she is ugly she isn't beautiful either just, you get the idea right?

She walks into our sitting room her eyes not making contact with me. Good she should be nervous. She is fiddling with her fingers that are decorated in henna.

" son are you listening? We asked you a question."

Oh no I've been staring at her, that doesn't help my case. Mine and her parents are snickering and giving me and her sly smiles. Ok this has got to be dealt with.

" yes I'm fine sorry, what was the question?"

" well as you are hopefully marrying my daughter I would like to know whether you like her at first sight but you being caught staring at her got my answer."

Ok embarrassing. Play along Ajay say she is pretty or something. Don't give your game plan away.

" yes you have a very beautiful daughter sir any man would say that."

"But you should being saying that am I right dear son."

This father is really pushing it.

" yes sir I should. Also sir can i talk to your daughter alone in the garden?"

They look at me and her with a knowing look, I just roll my eyes.

"Yes Ajay you can take my daughter outside and talk. Meera go and talk and don't mess it up."

' mess it up ' wow has she done it before? She gets up slowly and looks at her parents and walks towards me. My heart picks up its rate. What is happening? Her name is Meera ok didn't expect that from someone coming from the uk.

She looks up at me with her chocolate coloured irises. They are swirling with different emotions. And are endless. Stop it Ajay completely ridiculous! I give her a cold glare. Meera looks down and shrinks slightly. Good be scared she will have to say no to her and my parents.

We walk and come outside and both sit on the garden bench. Meera sits on the other side while I sit on this side. Ok right start the conversation. Cold and harsh demeanour.

" Mee-"

"Brother seriously! Come on,you get the most beautiful girl I've seen not fair you know now I want get married."

Why is he here? I have a brother who is a stupid idiot. I give him a death glare. Biggest one I can muster. He raises his hands in surrender and walks away. Back to talking.

" Sorry Meera he is an idiot my brother."

"It's ok I have a sister who can be slightly annoying only sometimes though."

Her voice is so velvety and soft. Snap out of it Ajay!

" Ok Meera did you agree with this marriage."

" No why?"

She's lying probably.

" because I don't agree to this marriage."

Her breathing gets slightly faster.

" what, why! Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry."

Tears are forming in her eyes. Act cold.

" I just don't like you and you're not my type. So go and tell your parents and mine that you don't want this marriage. "

" but I can't I promised my parents to marry the person of their choice if I don't I don't what'll happen and I don't want to know."

" well I don't care. I don't want you as my wife. I want someone who I'll actually love."

I stand up and walk not waiting for her reaction. I hear sniffling behind me and I turn around. She's crying.

" stop crying now you don't want your parents to know do they? I'm sure they wouldn't be to happy."

She quickly wipes the tears away. And we both walk to the room. Every one stands up as they watch eagerly.

"Ajay what do you think of my daughter?"

" very polite and well mannered girl fit to be a good wife."

Great work and now she'll say no and I'll be out of this.

" thank you Ajay I see you are ready ok, Meera dear are you saying yes?"

Please no she better say no.

" I'm sorry I don't want to marry him father, mother please no."

Yes she actually said 'no' she listened to me. Good girl.

" NO MEERA YOU WILL MARRY HIM NO MATTER WHAT, WE ARE NOT SHAMING OUR FAMILY REPUTATION! AM I CLEAR?"

No!, no!, no! This is not happening! Her parents have ruined everything I didn't expect this.

" excuse me sir don't force her if she doesn't want to."

" son you stay out of this you are also getting married her as you wanted to play this game."

My father is smart too smart for my liking.

" you are getting married and that is final you will eventually like each other and we are not putting are reputation on the line the new channels would eat it up."

So I'm going to get married to her. My life isn't on my side today. Look at her in tears on the floor.

Meera you are going to spend the next months of your life with me and you are not going to like me as a husband at all.

Watch out Meera! Tread on the paths of your marriage life carefully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577K 29.5K 43
0. Summary. [Arranged Marriages Series 0.5] She is his first wife and soon she turns out to be his first love too. Arya lost her parents at a very yo...
11.3K 837 25
"𝘼𝙣 𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙜𝙚? 𝙈𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚, 𝙢𝙮 𝙧𝙪𝙡𝙚𝙨, 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙." - 𝙑𝙚𝙚𝙧 "𝘼𝙧𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙩, 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙖...
369K 35.4K 58
Vivaansh x Meera! Jaavedaan:- Eternal, Everlasting, Forever. Just a simple arranged marriage love story that will take you to the ride of fairytale! ...
1.7M 72.2K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...