My Mate's Betrayal

By stanakatic1995

When you are at your lowest there is only one thing you can do and that is to rise. Our protagonist went thro... More

Announcement
Prologue
Chapter 1- New life
Chapter- 2 The Royal Letter
Chapter- 3 Party n Past
Chapter - 4 The special training
Chapter- 5 The Mystery Guy (Part 1)
Chapter- 6 Mystery Continues (Part-2)
Chapter- 7 Sweet surprise!?
Chapter- 8 Stupid James
Chapter- 9 Storytime
Chapter- 10 Revelations
Chapter 11- Broken Beauty
Chapter- 12 Blue Eyes
Chapter- 13 Perfect facade
Chapter- 14 To Face The Devil
Chapter- 15 Longing
Chapter- 16 The Confrontation
Chapter- 17 Lost friend
Chapter- 19 Trouble In Paradise
Chapter- 20 Home
Chapter-21 A Mother's Dilemma
Chapter- 22 Decisions
Chapter- 23 Calm Before The Storm
Chapter- 24 Take Bull By Horns
Chapter- 25 Beautiful Enigma
Chapter- 26 Intuition
Chapter- 27 Bring It On
Chapter- 28 How Did This Happen?
Chapter 29 Is This Real?
Chapter- 30 Awake
Chapter- 31 Dread
Chapter- 32 Acceptance
Chapter- 33 His Intensions
Chapter 34 - Being In Love
Chapter- 35 A Good Start & A Mate
Chapter- 36 Clues
Chapter - 37 Brother
Chapter - 38 Dominic
Chapter- 39 The talk
Chapter - 40 Surprise
Chapter- 41 A Happy Day
Chapter- 42 Caught Unaware
Chapter-43 Reunion
Chapter- 44 The Last Battle
Chapter- 45 Life Goes On
Betrayal

Chapter-18 Old Habits Die Hard

3.3K 134 14
By stanakatic1995

Alkira's pov-

Small giggles were coming out of her pretty little mouth as I tickled her senselessly.

"Una stop! Pwese."

"No! You sneaky little devil. The tickle monster will not spare you. You have to face its wrath."

I made my voice a little deep and rough so it sounded like a monster's voice. It was a failed attempt but it clearly served my purpose as she laughed some more.

I am happy as she isn't crying anymore.

"Me too. This little girl gave me quite a scare when I saw that she was crying softly in her sleep." Sira sighed.

Yeah, that was true. When I woke up I saw that rose was the warmth that has enveloped me. But what startled me was those fat tear droplets that continued to roll down her cheeks. Her barely-there whimpers tore me apart.

So I gently shook her to wake up. When she opened her eyes I saw the pain that she had suffered. My inside was screaming for me to do something, anything to help her. So I did what my mother used to do for me when I had a nightmare. I sang a song.

It was the same song that my mother taught me after my constant pleading to her to teach me. The song explained that- 'To each night there will be a day. To each tear, there will be a smile. To each fear, there will be hope. We just have to have faith.'

When I was finished with my song she was visibly relaxed. Now all that was left was to make her smile. When I grabbed her sides to lift her up a small squeak escaped her lips. I found her tickle spot! So I used that information to my advantage and started tickling her.

Soon her nightmare was forgotten. Her laugh was contagious and in no time we both were laughing our guts out and talking in strange voices which made us laugh even more.

"Look what we got here two ladies howling with laughter. What a pretty sight. But don't you think it is inappropriate for a lady to act in such a manner?"

Daimen said in a fake accent while standing a few feet away from my bed giving us a bow. He was acting funny. I have never seen this side of him. Looks like Rose has rubbed off on him. He didn't stop there he continued, now standing straight as a rod.

"What if words were out in the society? How will they react? You both my dear will be banished to attend the ballroom dance."

"No."

Little Rose sobered from her laughing fit and leaped out of my hold. She went straight to Daimen and stood in front of him. She joined her hands together widened her eyes and quivered her lips.

"Pwese, don't tell anyone. I will bewawe. Pwomise."

I could not control it anymore so once again my body was shaking with a laugh. It was starting to hurt a little but I couldn't help it. When I was over my laughing fit I noticed that Rose and Daimen both were giving me a glare with hands on their hips, looks like now I am the one who is in trouble.

"Sorry," I said quietly and looked down. It was hard for me to control myself as both their postures were so similar but somehow I managed.

Then I heard some noise and lifted my head. Now both of them were stifling their laugh. So I let go and laughed. They too joined me. It was magical.

"You all right, Kira? Feeling good?"

I know what he meant by that. He was not asking about my physical fitness but my emotional state. After such a hearty laugh how could I not be? So I smiled and said yes. He was relieved. I can feel him relax from our bond. But there was something that was bothering him. I could sense it. I have to talk to him about it, he felt a little conflicted as if he was torn between something.

"Where are Xavier and Zen?" I asked him. He hesitated to answer my question and slightly moved his head in Rose's direction. I took the hint and thought about how to handle the situation. I know that now she is fine but I was a little reluctant to let her leave me so soon. But it had to be done nicely. I perked up a little when an amazing idea came to me. It will definitely help.

"Rose. Sweety, you know that it is nighttime and as I slept through dinner now I am very hungry. So will you go downstairs and ask someone from the kitchen for some leftovers for me."

"Yes, momma." She replied and disappeared behind the door.

My heart did a little flip when she called me Momma instead of Luna or Kira. I was lost in another world for a short time a world where I can feel the tingling feeling that I got when she addressed me as her momma. But it was really short as Daimen cleared out his throat to gain my attention. I cleared my head and nodded for him to continue.

"Zen is in some meeting and Xavier is searching for information."

"So what have you found out till now?" I asked, I was curious and wanted an update.

"Nothing." I raised my brow silently questioning how that can be and what happened to his incredible treasure-hunting skill.

"I am getting frustrated. I really don't know what is wrong. I had tried everything and still got nothing. He is very good at keeping his miss goody two-shoe facade."

"Don't worry I know all about his antics. He is just trying to stall the inevitable. Sooner or later his mask will fall and his real gruesome face will be in the open. You know the saying Old Habits Die Hard, and once a thief always a thief. His old betraying self is in hiding but not for long. He will slip and when he does we will be there to catch him in the act."

"Hope so."

"Now tell me what are you hiding? I can clearly see that something is wrong with you. What keeps bothering you, Big Bro?"

I know he is a little surprised at the title as I use it very rarely. It reminds me of my brothers. But right now he needs someone to talk to. He needs a sister to confide in.

I can clearly see on his face the battle that is going on right now between his mind and heart. He is trapped. I give him a little smile encouraging him to speak his mind. A sigh escapes his lips and his shoulders slump in defeat a clear sign that now he is going to open his mouth to answer me.

"I found my mate."

That is great news but why he is saying it like it is the end of the world?

"She was wearing full sleeves floral shirt and jeans. Her hazel eyes, heart shape face, full lips... She was beautiful. Her hair color was midnight black. Her skin looked like creamy silk. She was tall but still, her head reached my chin."

As he was progressing with his story his tone was getting more sad and depressed. I wonder why. His eyes were slightly glistened with moisture. I was getting impatient and nervous. But he continued without stopping.

"Her eyes were shining brightly brimming with hope. It looked like she was waiting for me. I was happy. I told her my name and asked for hers. But when she told me my heart shattered and I stoned myself for what I was about to do. I rejected her. I don't want to but I had to. I felt a little glad that she didn't accept it and fled. My heart ached to go after her and comfort her but I stopped myself. It is better this way. I don't want her."

What is wrong with these people? Earlier, Samira too was talking about trouble with her mate and now he is telling me he rejec- wait for a second! My eyes widened as realization dawned on me. Now I have to play mediator again.

"What is her name?"

"Samira. I have to leave her. I can't stay with her knowing that she and her brother are behind your miseries. I felt repulsed."

"How do you know that she was involved?"

"How can she not be? She is his sister. Moreover, not even once did she come to see you. I don't need to know more."

"You are a fool." Saying that I delivered a slap to his shoulder very hard, he is an idiot.

"She is as innocent as a lamb."

"How do you know that? You have been awake for only half a day and you managed to gather that much information! Wow! I mean how?" he said sarcastically.

He doesn't need to know about my adventure. How I found a heartbroken girl bawling her eyes out in a beautiful place that was hidden from the world.

"How doesn't matter. What matter is that you broke a girl's heart and made her sad. She needs you right now. Go and ask for forgiveness. Tell her whatever you think is right and make her see your change of heart. She has suffered enough and doesn't need more. It is time for her to get what she deserves. Make her happy and keep her safe. Okay." I slapped his back when he did not leave immediately.

"Tomorrow, I will. For now, let's go and look for Rose. She has not come back."

"Fine. Only because I too am worried about why is she taking so long?"

We went around the corner and stopped. The kitchen was a few steps away but what made us halt was the noise coming from that direction. I thought that maybe it was Rose as I had sent her to the kitchen to ask for some food for me. I looked at Daimen and saw that he too was having the same thoughts as his face reflected pure concern.

"Rose."

We both said at the same time and sprinted to the kitchen. The noise was getting louder as we approached the door. It was slightly open. As I neared the door I saw two figures slightly hunched over the table and from what I can tell they weren't just hugging from the smell of it I knew who they were.

I came to an abrupt stop making Daimen crash in my back but before he could make any sound I turned and clamped his mouth shut with my hand. His eyes were wide as saucers. He was behind me so he didn't know what I saw. I turned my head in the direction of the door and tilted slightly to let him know that I wanted him to have a look. He peered over my shoulder and peeked inside. In an instant, his head was snapped to my side and his eyes grew wider if that was possible. Slowly, I removed my hand and spoke.

"I told you that old habits die hard. Now, all we have to do is go inside and catch them in their act. I will play the 'hurt mate' part and your 'angry protective brother'. Clear."

"Yes."

"Good. Let the game begin."

I opened the door normally and walked inside only to stop dead in my tracks. Daimen not knowing what made me stop opened his mouth to ask but nothing came out when he took in the scene.

Zen and some blonde were hunched over the table. Her top was pooling around her waist. One strap of her bra was drawn down her shoulder and Zen was massaging her now naked breast with his left hand. His other hand was gripping her ass as if his life depended on it. He was kissing down her neck. His bareback was to us and her eyes were closed taking in the pleasure. Her one hand was in his pants returning the favor of what he was doing to her breast while the other was scratching his back. She also has one leg draped around his waist and her foot was moving up and down his ass in sync with her hand. Both of them were completely unaware that they were being watched. We needed to get our plan in action so I get down on my knees and broke into gut-wrenching sobs.

"Zen, What the hell?" Daimen shouted that lead them to spring apart. I knew it as I was taking discreet glances.

He frantically tried to do his pants but instead, they dropped at his feet. When he tried to walk towards me he fell. I wanted to laugh so badly but I couldn't. The girl wasn't fazed not even a bit. She casually lifted her strap and made no movements to further cover herself. When Zen fell she moved to help him up but he swatted her hand away, at that she sent a glare in my direction stood up, and moved out of the kitchen like it was completely normal for her to get caught with other people's mates.

"Maybe it was normal for her. Bitch!"

Sira gave her opinion and I sighed internally. I was still crying and hadn't spoken a word.

"I thought you told us Kira was your mate. You said that she was what you were waiting for. If that is true then what were you doing with her." Daimen roared. His voice was laced with disgust.

"I... it is not what y... you think it is. L...let me explain." He was stuttering. Not even once in my whole life, I have seen him stutter.

"Explain what huh? That you were relieving some sort of pain of her by massaging her boobs!" Daimen mocked.

He bent down and lifted me up by my shoulders. Now it was my turn to do my part.

"I thought y...you told me that I w...was the one... that you h... haven't touched any other girl in years. Y... You lied to me. You are a cheater." I was sobbing so my words were a little messy and my voice a bit raspy but I delivered my last line loud and clear. I was also looking into his eyes when I spoke.

I let the hurt seep into my orbs. It was about time that he sees the pain that I felt from years of betrayal. It gave me some comfort to let out the sadness I had kept inside my heart. I had to do that so my heart will be at peace. You can only move ahead if you have let go of the past and this was my way to assure myself that after this I will be good. So I continued.

"Is this even your first time doing this behind my back? When we were together back in our old pack I often heard rumors that you were cheating on me...that you were only playing with my emotions. But I was in denial. I never asked you if that were true not even when I smelt another female wolf's scent on you. I trusted you. But looks like I was a fool to trust you. I hate you Zen. And I wish that I would have some other person as my mate and not you." With that said I looked one last time at his face and left. Daimen followed me to my room and tried to enter but I stopped him.

"You go look for Rose and I need some time to cool down."

I whispered. He got the message and left. I closed the door and locked it. I made my way to the bed and lay down.

Zen was shocked to see my outburst. I had never raised my voice at anyone when I was in my old pack. The hurt in his eyes showed me that my words have cut deep. Especially since I wished for someone else to be my mate. But he deserved that and much more.

I was faking in the beginning but when I started to speak and as I continued my words were coming straight from my heart. It felt like a heavy burden was lifted from my shoulders. My mind keeps on playing the tune of despair. It continued to show me the pictures of us. Things he did for me that appeared romantic but now I knew that they were anything but romantic. I had never seen him with my very own eyes cheating on me with someone else only rumors. When I saw them my heart broke all over again and I felt fresh hot pain. So when I spoke...

My words were real.

My hurt was real.

My pain was real.

I spoke what I wanted to for so long. My heart was hurt due to my mate's infidelity but it ached no more. My new family has helped me. They made me understand that I deserve to be happy. I deserve more. Finally, I felt free. Free to love someone. Free to care for someone deeply. Now I am sure that I will find someone and move on not immediately but eventually.

"You will Kira. I know."

These were the last words that Sira whispered. I wanted her to elaborate but instead drifted to sleep strangely enough my heart was at peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 37.4K 67
"So here I lay here in the cold, mentally shattered, physically broken, bleeding out and waiting for the sweet silence and darkness of death to come...
1.4K 489 24
*Book Two Of The Federation Series* It is said that the moon goddess created supernatural beings that gain strength from the moon, creatures of the n...
1.5M 43.5K 28
*COMPLETED* My head bowed in a heavy mannor, not in respect, but in trepidation. I discern his unwavering gaze over my ill silhouette. "Look at me." ...
356K 15.9K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...