Ereri One Shots!

By thesatanistauthor

A bunch of AOT one shots I have written. Mostly my otp's and random ideas that pop into my head! More

I Like You
School Mates
Polo
2 AM
Flying
Flying (Part 2)
Room Mate (JeanMarco)
NEW BOOK THING
Okay so I lied.
Family.
Crash Site
I'm Scared
Best Friends
RIP
Helplessly
Friend or Foe?

Dear Eren

1.5K 29 5
By thesatanistauthor

So basically I wrote the second part to Best Friends... Then deleted it. I wasn't happy with it and cannot think of anything to happen in the second part. Maybe I will actually write it sometime soon. So, to make up for it I am writing this instead. I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Only some of you will understand that last sentence.

Description: SPOILERS AHEAD!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WISH TO BE SPOILED :)

****

Armin knew that during this mission he would die. He knew it'd be the last time he would ever see his family again, his friends, his fellow soldiers. That's why he prepared a letter for everyone to read; especially Eren. No one meant anything to Armin like Eren did. Not only was he his best friend, he was his secret love, his life saver, his everything. He never had the guts to tell Eren the truth about how he felt. Maybe now was the write time, through the form of an apology letter to the corps.

The blonde sat down at his desk in his room, the stars sprinkled across the night sky providing little light for Armin. A shaky, sad sigh escaped his lips as he put pen to paper, beginning to write down the words that formed in his head. 

'Dear Eren,

I have finally made it to the outside world, the world I've always dreamed of seeing. It's so much better than the cruel world I once lived in. I wish you could see this, but I know that you need to be there, for Mikasa, Jean and everyone else, and for me, you need to visit the sea once this is all over. I'll be here right next to you.'

Armin put down his pen, a single tear slipping down his cheek as he took a deep breath. He was scared; terrified even, of what was going to happen. Everyone in the corps had kept him alive, giving and risking their lives for him. He knew this would be the ultimate sacrifice, a last shot at helping humanity win the war against the titans. If humanity didn't win, it wouldn't be for nothing even then, as he was giving his life for those who once risked theirs for his own. 

Armin knew what impacts his death would have on those closest to him. He had thought this through many time before, and finally decided that he wanted to be useful for once. Eren, Mikasa, Jean. Once again, he picked up the pen, his petite hand shaking as the pen scratched words into the paper beneath it.

'First of all, Jean. I'm sorry. I hope that my death contributed to humanity's victory in the end. if it didn't, then it wasn't all for nothing. I died trying to save everyone I loved from certain death, possibly expanding each of your lives for a while more. This must be hard on you, already losing your other best friend. This was my own choice, I want you to know that. I wasn't forced to do this. Know that I will always be by your side and in your heart. Don't let my death hold you back from living your life. 

Second of all, Mikasa. You've been like a sister to me for many years now. A sister I never had. How could I ever thank you for what you have done for me over the past couple of years. You are the most amazing friend that anyone could've wished for. Please, continue to fight for humanity if you don't beat Bertholdt and Reiner. They can be defeated. Stay alive, I don't want to see you up here with me earlier than you should be, after all. Promise me you'll look after Eren and Jean for me. Without you, they are just walking pieces of lunch for those damn titans. 

Last of all, Eren. Where do I even start? You've been my best friend since we first met. Over the years, our bond has grown greatly, eventually coming to the point where  fell madly in love with you. I know this is strange and sudden, but I needed to tell you that I love you. I understand you don't feel the same way; I saw the way you acted with Levi. Don't you worry though, because I knew that you two were meant to be. I'm so happy for you. I hope that you can accept my death as a sacrifice for humanity. Eren, you need to stay strong through this all and help the others win the fight again those monsters. Please. Don't follow after me, because it's not worth it. Stay the happy boy you are, and keep spreading smiles around the team. You are humanity's last hope. Work together as a team to stay alive. I beg you. I need you to promise me that you will fight. One last thing; please go to the ocean without me. I promised you that you would see it one day, whether it is with me or without me. I love you, Eren. Never forget me... Your friend. your best friend.

Armin.'

The blonde broke down in tears as he finished the letter, his pen dropping onto the wooden floor, disturbing the silence that filled the room. He left the letter on his desk before heading off to his bed, knowing this was the last night her would ever see the stars in the sky.

****

"Oh my god..." Eren whispered to himself as he glanced to the side, seeing the burnt body of Armin lead on the roof top. His body was burned almost beyond recognition, but Eren knew it was him. The brunette couldn't believe it- he wouldn't believe it. His best friend, dead, because of the moster sat in front of him. Anger ran through his veins, and he swiftly turned to Bertholdt, who had been ripped from his decaying titan form. With out any words or warning, the rage fueled boy sliced the titan shifter's head straight off, giving him no chance of survival or regeneration. After a short while, he turned back to look at Armin's scorched body, and dropped to his knees beside it. Eren gently lifted the body into his lap, hugging it tightly to his chest as he cried out in pure pain and grief.The whole city was silent, except from the sound of Eren's heart break and the distant whoosing of 3DMG gear. Hot tears streamed down his bloody face, dripping onto Armin's lifeless body below him. Eren heard the sound of feet pattering on the roof behind him, but refused to turn to see who it was. 

"Eren, have you seen-" Mikasa's voice interrupted Eren's sobbing, as the brunette turned to face his adoptive sister. He gave her a sympathetic look, and she instantly dropped to her knees as well, staring at the corpse Eren had hugged against his chest. "No..." 

"He's gone..." Eren choked out, tugging the body against his chest even more, almost trying to protect what remained of Armin with his whole life. Mikasa began to sob alongside her brother. More footsteps were heard behind them. Gasps from multiple people broke the silence of the ruined city. 

"Eren." Levi reached his hand forward to rest on Eren's shoulder, but Eren reacted before Levi could even touch the boy.

"Get away from me!" Eren shouted, clutching Armin's corpse as he snarled at Levi behind him. the corporal stepped back, giving a quick look to both Hanji and Jean before they worked together to pry Eren away from the corpse. The green-eyed boy put up a hard fight, but he eventually collapsed into Levi's arms, crying into the ravenette's chest, his body going limp from exhaustion. 

****

Armin had a bigger funeral than any other member of the Survey Corps. Whether it was because he saved humanity, or because he was loved truly and deeply by every single member, no one knows. Eren managed to attend, but refused to talk with anyone and kept to himself. The brunette was sat in the corner on a bench, which he used to sit on with Armin.

"Hey stranger." Levi sighed, standing in front of the silent boy. Eren looked up at Levi, waiting for an explanation to why the corporal was standing in front of him. "I found this in Armin's room. You better read it, after all it is addressed to you."

The brunette took the letter from Levi and quickly opened it, his eyes carefully scanning over the beautifully written note Armin had left him. As he read the last words of Armin, his eyes filled with tears, and he bagan to sob. But, he wasn't sad. He was happy, relieved even. Levi raised a brow as he watched the younger boy read the letter. 

"He gave his life to save us all, Levi. He saved us. He's the reason we are still here. He was the bravest of any of the soldiers, yet none of us ever realized that. Armin was the most important member of the Survey Corps." Eren smiled, wiping the tears from his cheeks as he shoved the letter into his pocket, keeping it safe as he rose from his seat. 

****

Armin was never forgotten as the years passed by. They all managed to see the ocean in the end, and even though Armin wasn't physically there, Eren knew that he was standing next to him. Life had returned back to normal, and no more titans were ever t be seen. if not for Armin, humanity would've been lost to the strengths of the titans that once planned to enslave and destroy all of man kind. Armin is a hero to any and all, and everyone owes their life to him after all he did. 

It does just go to show that in the end, people only seem to appreciate the things you do when you are dead. It goes to show that no one really truly cares, except for those few close people to you. Always believe in those who show little strength in the beginning, because at the end of the line, they can turn out to be the bravest and strongest of all those who ever lived.

****

YIKES MY FEELS ARE RUNNING WILD. This is short and shit im sorry omg its nearly midnight here but my friend, little.cosplayer on instagram gave me this idea when she posted a beautiful picture in her Armin cosplay with a short passage of the letter written under it. I owe this whole thing to her. Shes truly amazing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 2.1K 35
This is a Levi Ackerman x reader oneshot book, it's full of requests and my own ideas. -COMPLETED- Disclaimer: I don't own the characters they're al...
1K 16 7
Just some smutty AOT stories and one shots!
26.1K 592 20
~LevixReader one shot stories~ There is a short story in there that is LevixReaderxEren also. This is my second story well story sort thing I haven'...
50K 534 27
ΙͺΙ΄ κœ±α΄‡α΄€Κ€α΄„Κœ ᴏꜰ 2020 - 2022 κœ°α΄€Ι΄κœ°Ιͺα΄„α΄›Ιͺᴏɴ Ι΄α΄κœ±α΄›α΄€ΚŸΙ’Ιͺα΄€? That's basically what this is. β € β €β €:Β¨ Β·.Β· Β¨: β € 'Β· . κ”« Oneshots that were written back during...