When She Went To Them

By YangTheWarrior

MCSM had finally released episode five, and a brand new fan had just bought the game. She was amazed by the g... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Holy this is long)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilouge

Chapter 23

283 19 5
By YangTheWarrior

Jesse's POV

The ground felt almost like the old rug in my living room back in the real world.

It was most likely wool.

"This is weird." Petra grumbles, squinting at the light.

I nod my agreement, looking around at all the stuff made of wool.

This place gives me the creeps.

"Why make an entire fake wool-world if there is a perfectly good one right outside of the End?" She asks as the others make their way into the weird dome.

I shrug.

"Ellegaurd did mention that Soren was a little off. And so was his fortress. Maybe this was what she meant." I point out making her share a knowing look with me.

I look away, unable to hold the stare.

I knew I had to leave with Reuben once we found a way out, but I could say without a doubt that I would miss the flamy haired girl.

Even with being able to play the game and see her all the time...

It wouldn't be the same.

Reuben walks over to me, his head tilted.

"You okay Jesse?" He asks, making me look down at his big brown eyes.

I smile at him, trying to hide my internal battle.

"Yeah. Everything's cool. I just can't figure out where Soren went." I lie smoothly.

Luckily Reuben was never good a seeing through my lies.

He walks over to a piece of pink wool resembling a pig, a huge grin on his face.

I smile lightly.

Reuben had been my only friend for a long time.

He was my younger sibling, the one person I felt like I was responsible to protect.

But since I've started to get to know the group here...

I'm just not sire if he's the only one I need to protect anymore.

A cough rises in my throat, but I hold it back, choking slightly.

This sickness was starting to get to me.

I was stumbling as I walked.

Going up a ladder made me breathless.

This sickness wasn't going to go away on its own.

And there had to be a cure.

When I find Soren I'll have to ask him if he knows of one.

Hopefully he does.

I cannot go home like this.

Lukas and the others are talking when suddenly yelling erupts from them.

"So, we came all this way to find a guy to save the world, when he's been hiding out in here building this wool world?!" He shouts, his face almost turning red in his anger.

I walk over.

"Lukas. Dude, calm down." I attempt to calm him, only to have a glare tossed my way.

I take a step back, a cough erupting from me.

Petra looks over, a concerned look in her eyes.

She needed to stop looking at me like that.

Lukas storms off.

"This was all for nothing!" He growls, whipping a price of wool at the ground.

We all share a look.

"What's eating him?" Olivia asks, tilting her head in worry at Lukas, who angrily slumps against a fake tree.

"Just give him some space." I mutter, my voice slightly strained.

Even though Lukas seems like an okay guy, it was obvious he could be a bit of a jerk at times.

"Alright. Let's look around." Axle growls, obviously not interested in the blond.

I hope they get over this petty fight they always seem to be having.

We all spread out around the clearing, Petra and I standing by a tree with a lever attached to the wool trunk.

"I wonder what that does." I wonder out loud.

Petra smirks at me.

"Let's find out!" She says, flipping it before I can tell her to stop.

A light turns on above a unblocked wall, making me smile.

"Wow! Cool." I say, always amazed with Redstone materials.

Petra smiles cockily.

"Look, I've got the lever by your brother. Go talk to Lukas. I think he might listen to you." She states, making me sigh.

I didn't really want to talk to Lukas, but I walk across the bridge towards him, seeing the slight glare still in his eyes.

"What do you want Jesse?" He snaps, making me narrow my eyes.

"You know what Lukas? I don't know what's wrong with you but you need to keep it together. Weather you like it or not you are now part of this team. And you need to keep your cool if you want them to all continue being your teammates." I growl, my voce straining at the end.

His eyes widen at the sound.

"Jesse, please. I don't need a lecture on friendship." He mutters, his glare finally fading away.

Sometimes freaking out at people helps.

"Then what's wrong with you?" I ask, putting my hands on my hips.

He sighs, staring directly at me.

"Jesse, I know your sick. We all see it. But I can't help but feel responsible for that." He confesses, taking me off guard.

Wait... What?

"Lukas, I'm not sick because of you." I start, only to have him shake his head.

"No. I think you are. That beam, I almost got caught in one while we were running from that thing. And I felt its pull. What it does to you." He explains.

I'm confused now.

How is he blaming himself for me getting caught in a beam?

"And if I hadn't froze back in Gabriel's fortress, you wouldn't be sick right now." He whispers, making my eyes soften.

He was blaming himself for not saving me.

"Look Lukas. I don't care about that. And you need to know that even after that I got caught in like five other beams. It couldn't have been just the one that caused it." I comfort, making him look up at me with his icey eyes.

He sighs, getting away from the tree.

"I don't know Jesse. It could have started it." He mutters, making me feel bad.

He goes away from the tree, making me realize there is a lever here.

Huh.

I flip it, seeing the last light turn on.

"Finally." I sigh, walking back to the group.

They all stare up at the lights, not seeing anything happening.

"What now?" Axle asks, making me go up to the wall.

I press my ear against it, smiling at the sound.

A record.

"Guys! Others music on the other side of Tue wall!" I exclaim, making them look at the wall in confusion.

Then how do we get in.

A bottom in the shadows catches my sight, making walk over.

Well, might as well.

I click it, making the wall open up.

"Yeah Jesse!" Reuben shouts, making me feel awkward.

I hated it when he did that.

"Thanks buddy." I state, hugging him.

We stand in front of the door together, walking through.

Man, this place was huge.

"There must be enough tables in here to seat hundreds of people!" Olivia gapes, walking to the first hall she sees.

The rest of them venture away, Reuben going with Axle.

"Olivia? Whats up?" I ask, seeing her kneeling beside a door.

"There is music coming from this door." She replies, making me curious.

Olivia seemed like a cool person, but I hadn't spent much time with her.

No better time than the present.

"Let's check it out then." I state, opening the door.

Music fills our ears as we creep in, Olivia closing the door behind us.

"And I call that one Symphony in E! Ha! Another great tune!" A voice sounds through the chamber.

"That must be Soren!" We shout at the same time, running towards the sound.

We find ourselves in front of a record player, with one of the records playing.

"Its just a recording! He isn't even here!" She wails, making me rest my hand on her shoulder.

"Someone had to turn it on." I point out, making her smile.

"I guess that's true." She smiles, making me grin.

We split up around the room, but before I go anywhere I put in another disk.

"Sounds of the Endermen?" I wonder aloud, putting in the disk.

Already it sounds just like Soren breathed in while recording, making me roll my eyes.

Maybe he is just a loony guy.

Then suddenly the tape cuts off, and a new recording takes place as I'm looming around.

"I have found that with all my efforts to teach them that I haven't made much progress. So today I will hide amoung them to get more research." His voice cuts through the silence, making me confused.

Then the record ends.

Weird.

"Hey Jesse! Check this out!" Olivia calls from a wall of chests.

I rush over, tilting my head at the instructions in her hand.

"Six pink blocks of clay? Why would a genious like Soren need a recipe that simple?" I wonder out loud, making Olivia shrug.

"Maybe its not for him." She says, handing it to me before digging through the chest again.

Huh.

Six clay blocks...

Who would build a shape this simple with six clay blocks?

As soon as the questions crosses my mind, Olivia gasps, making me turn towards the large, stained purple window.

Endermen.

Everywhere outside.

There, in front of the window, is what looks like an Enderman costume, but one armour stand, much larger, is empty.

"His amoung them.... Hide amount them! That's it!" I excalim, making Olivia turn to me in confusion.

"Soren put on one of the costumes from those stands, and he is out there with them, disguised as an Enderman to get research!" I explain when I see her weirded out face.

Her eyes widen.

"The instructions must be for them! He must think he's training them to build!" Olivia finishes, smiling brightly at me.

We look back out the window.

"I'm going to be honest Jesse. At first I wasn't exactly sure what to think of you. But you know, the order is wrong about you." She states, making my heart drop.

What was she getting at?

"I think you do belong here. And, you know, after all this, if you want to stay with us all, Reuben too, we would be happy to let you stay." She says, rubbing the back of her neck in nerves.

How do I answer to that?

"I..." I trail, feeling my heart being torn two ways.

I can't promise her that!

"Just. Think about it. Kay?" She asks, smiling before walking away from the window.

Why the hell did this get so much harder?

...

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I know I sure did. I also found my new Best Friend goals with Jesse and Olivia. But now Jesse has a huge decision on her hands.

Does she really want to go home?

-ThePurpleWarrior

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 47 11
(Description in progress..) ⚠️VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ THIS!!!⚠️ ‼️If you have read this, or any other of my books for that matter on Teenfic.net...
5K 138 12
***STORY CONTAINS LUKESSE AND OTHER SHIPS*** *STORY ALSO CONTAINS MATURE SCENES* After discovering a portal that looked so different and unique compa...
684 14 10
Disclaimer: this story contains spoilers for the game(DUH), romance, deaths, blood, mild sexual themes, and ofc, very long chapters! Btw, the Jesse's...
48.3K 1K 53
Check out my newest one shot book for more recently written one shots! A bunch of short stories based on the adventures of Jesse and her friends from...