He Left Me...

By Meandmywords1

What would happen if Bella Swan never jumped off the cliff? If Edward's plan followed through and he delayed... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19 [PREVIEW]
Part 19
Part 21
Part 22 [PREVIEW]
Part 22
Part 23 [PREVIEW]
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27

Part 20

3.9K 37 32
By Meandmywords1

Heyyy xxx

Im dedicating this to the author of Still dawn xxx GREAT continuation of Breaking Dawn I recomend u check it out :) x

I'm sooo pleased with the response I've gotten on this story!! xxx

I have finalised and planned the plot so I actually know the very last sentence of the ENTIRE story xx

You'll have to wait to see it ;) xx

I can't believe I've written 20 chapters WOAH xx this story was literally just me testing out Wattpad x I am practically gobsmacked at the response and I have all of u wonderful fans to thank 4 that so here it is a big hug to all of u! *Hugs laptop* ;)

I hope you like this xx

Please comment and vote and fan xx commenting is always really helpful... (hint, hint, silent readers :P lol) xx

ENJOY :)

********************************************************************************

20

Edward:

I sat up at vampire speed; my eyes widened as Alice's vision played over and over in my mind.

Kill them.

It was as simple as that; Jacob would kill Bella.

He was maybe three days away from reaching us, I didn't know how he'd gotten here, but by the blurred visions I could tell the pack weren't with him. But even alone he was a threat.

Bella looked at me with concern, her hand still hovering a few inches above the ground where my head had just lain.

Her full lips were in a silent 'O' as she read my expression. I realised my thoughts had lasted barely a second before Bella took my face in her warm shaking hands.

"Edward? Edward whats wrong? Talk."

Her last word was a demand; slowly, I opened my mouth to speak just as Alice jumped swiftly over the wall and into our new meadow. Her face twisted in fear.

"Bella. He's coming. Jacob is close."

I heard Bella's sharp intake of breath as she processed this. The look of shock, hurt and fear on her beautiful face was enough to cut me like a knife.

"Way to break it to her Alice."

I said through gritted teeth.

She didn't respond, her thoughts were flying through her head as she tried to think of a safe way to keep Bella and Jacob apart.

Bella was still sitting frozen on the grass, I heard her pulse slowing down and I realised she had stopped breathing again.

"Bella. Breathe."

She exhaled in a long gust of air and her face crumpled before she fell into my arms.

"Oh, Edward..."

She sounded broken and confused. She still put everyone's safety above her own. She wouldn't like the plan Alice was about to tell us.

*************************************************************

"No. Alice, I won't let you put yourself in danger like that."

Alice was concentrating hard as she searched the future for Jacob. I could see the desperate irritation behind the search; she was partially blinded by the wolves because they are shape-shifters and something she has never been. She can still see them because they have human mothers, although the picture is blurry and usually silent.

Alice sighed as Bella shook her head to finalise her statement.

Bella hated the idea of any of my family in danger. They were her family now too.

"Bella. Please, that mutt won't leave a scratch on me."

Alice's voice was shrill as she said this; a sign of her stressed.

I didn't exactly agree with the plan either. But myself and Alice both knew I put Bella before everything; even my own family.

The plan would need to be discussed with Carlisle, but by Alice's thoughts she had not seen him and Esme for hours now, they had split off into pairs at the beginning of the hunt and they had never come back.

I felt the usual ache of worry settle deep into my soul as I thought this.

I was snapped out of my descend into panic as Rosalie and Emmet jumped the wall also, Jasper behind them.

"We can't find them. Check your phones."

Rosalie was calm but her mind was following the same route mine was on, dread engulfed me as I switched my iphone on and frowned at the empty inbox.

Alice, hissed and I growled when I saw what she saw.

Alice,

We have been requested by the Volturi for an audience with Aro.

Stay safe.

Carlisle.

The text was too formal to have been written under relaxed circumstances. I had an idea of what the word requested meant to the Volturi.

A mental picture of Felix escorting Esme and Carlisle to a black car fitted the description perfectly.

I heard a chorus of hisses as the text was read out, I was surprised to see that Bella joined in with her own gasp.

I had told Bella little about the Volturi; but enough for her to know they were a group to stay away from.

We had tried to hide Bella from their view as long as possible. But last summer, Alice had been requested by Aro and he had read her mind. Bella was on Alice's mind as much as she was on mine.

I gulped down the panic as I realised the dangers of them knowing about Bella. Without thinking about it, I held her closer, as if the Volturi were about to join us.

"We have to follow through with the plan anyway. Carlisle won't forgive himself if Bella dies because we couldn't cope without him."

Alice sounded angry and I knew this was how she functioned under pressure.

Jasper was next to her instantly, he put his hands on both sides of her face and stared into her eyes. I could feel the powerful waves of calm he was washing over her as she stopped hyperventilating and after closing her eyes for a brief second stopped the flurry of panicked thoughts that seemed to be contagious as I felt my dead heart pulse with fear for everyone I loved.

After collecting herself she turned with her hand still clasped in Jasper's to face all of us.

"Okay. Bella, Edward like we discussed-"

"-no. Alice, I-"

Alice glared at Bella and I growled.

"As I was saying, Edward and Bella will run back to Forks and we will stay here and stop Jacob before he gets to her."

Bella stiffened beside me as she figured out what that meant. Jacob would not make it out of France alive.

"-I'm not staying."

Everyone turned to look at Rosalie who was standing in front of Emmet protectively.

"I won't put Emmett and myself in danger to protect your human, Edward."

Her voice was venomous and I realised she still hadn't forgiven me for uprooting our family, she had been happy in Forks and I had ruined that.

"Bella is everything to me Rosalie. You could at least have the courtesy to call her by her name."

I hissed.

"She's right."

Bella stood up from the ground so she was level with Rosalie's glare.

"You can't all protect me. I won't let you risk your lives like that. I'm not worth it."

I clenched my teeth and rose fluidly, wrapping an arm around her waist and daring any of my family to agree with her.

"Bella. I love you like a sister, I would risk my life for you any day. I can't loose you again."

Alice hugged Bella tightly and blinked away tears that never came.

Jasper shuffled awkwardly over to her.

"Bella. I won't let you die. For the sake of my wife's happiness."

He was blunt and it made me angry to have him say it out loud that way. Bella simply nodded and looked towards Rose and Emmet.

"You know I would never miss out on a good fight. But I can't put Rose in danger."

Emmet for once was serious as he gently squeezed Bella in a small hug.

"-I won't risk everything for a human, one that we thought we'd got rid of already."

I hissed and Emmet glared at me, almost apologetically as Rose hissed back at me.

"Fine. Go."

I said, angrily, I watched with disappointment as they jumped the wall and ran into the forest. I had expected more of my siblings.

"It seems only me and Jazz will stay."

Alice's voice was strained as she watched after her brother and sister.

Bella silently pleaded with me to stop this. But I couldn't; her safety was too important.

I held her close and whispered in her ear.

"I'm sorry. I have to do this."

A silent tear trickled down her face and I took a deep breath, rather she still be able to cry and be alive than dead and un-moving.

"Carry on Alice..."

Alice turned back to look at us, and the look of disappointment on her face must have mirrored mine for she sent calming words through her thoughts to me.

"Like I said, we'll stop Jacob and then we'll go to Volterra. Esme and Carlisle will need us."

I couldn't stop the feeling of dread that engulfed me as I thought of the Volturi and my fragile, human Bella in the same country, let alone the same room.

"We'll fly out and meet you there when I get your message that things are taken care of."

My voice was like steel and it felt as though the sun had vanished and destroyed the one piece of happiness I had since I had left.

I felt the space underneath my chin grow cold as Bella stepped forward, her warm summer scent leaving me.

"I just want to tell you that, I love you both. I know you don't know me very well Jasper and that I am causing danger to your family, but I love you as much as I love Esme, and Carlisle and Emmet and even Rose, Alice I love you like a sister and I am eternally grateful for you .protecting me. I'm sorry."

Bella had stepped forward out of my embrace and was looking into the eyes of Jasper and Alice. Jasper looked at me with sadness.

We will make sure Jacob doesn't find her. Stay Calm. 

I nodded as numbness took over. Alice's thoughts were determined as she took Bella in another hug.

"Bella. Dry you eyes. We are going to make it through this."

Bella nodded as the streams ran down her face. Jasper held her hands in his own and looked into her eyes.

"I think of you as my family now, Bella, I'm sorry if I ever told you otherwise."

Bella nodded and he stiffened as she kissed him on the cheek and went back to my open arms, nuzzling into my neck as if my cold stone body could provide warmth.

"Edward, you have three days. You need to go now."

I nodded and swept Bella into my arms as I started to run.

**************************************************************************************************

Jacob:

I looked in the mirror and stared at my haggard reflection.

"Why am I doing this?"

Because I told you to.

I froze as the familiar feeling of entrapment entered my shared mind.

"Who are you?"

My voice wavered as the panic settled in, I didn't want this. None of it made sense.

I am in control of you, Jacob Black. OBEY ME.

The last two words caused me to fall to the ground as my head throbbed.

"I obey, NO ONE!"

I screamed. The voice laughed at my defiance and I felt my arms lifting me off the ground, not of my own will-power but of his.

Do you dare defy me Jacob Black? I assure you there are consequences to your actions if you do.

"What torment can you possibly give me that is worse than this."

I held my aching skull in my hands as my thoughts fought with his orders.

I assure you it can get much worse.

I screamed in agony as my skull exploded into flames; causing me to twist and turn on the cold tiled floor of the airport bathroom.

Do you still defy me Jacob Black? DO YOU?

Tears of anguish leaked from my eyes, that were squeezed shut in agony.

"I. will. never. stop. fighting..."

I choked out as the pain increased and a loud cracked sob escaped my throat.

Well then, I hope you enjoy pain.

I bit my tongue as the pain increased; I would not give the mind-leech the satisfaction of my sobs.

Jacob. You WILL get on that plane and when you get there you will KILL Bella Swan.

"NO..."

Yes. You have ten minutes to board. If you are NOT on that plane I will hunt you down and you will wish for death...

I felt my limbs succumb to his control as I walked out of the empty bathroom. The credit card felt hot in my right pocket as I bought my tickets.

The pack had refused to go with me when the mind-leech had ordered them to through my mind. I only wished I could have stayed home too.

I had found the card in my pocket after I climbed the cliff, from then on my mind had been a black hole of anger and hate that didn't belong to me. I felt like a walking carcass as the mental parasite ate its way through my soul, blackening my heart with it's cruel actions.

All I knew was I was now going to end the life of the girl I loved and there was nothing I could do to stop myself. 

****************************************************

Heyy xx

I hoped you liked this and it all made sense xx

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE AND FAN AND COMMENT XX

LOTS OF LOVE

A :) XXX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.9K 1.7K 16
With everything going on with Laura, what happens if Edward didn't leave forks and only Bella to find a way to become a vampire aka joining the Voltu...
118K 2.1K 86
Let's just say that Bella and Edward never got married, which means all of the things after they got married never happened. Let's also say that Bell...
7.8K 344 24
Edward comes back after an unexpected night. But what if Bella doesn't want him back in her life? Edward comes back after 13 years since his and Bell...
278K 5.1K 23
What would happen if Edward never came back, Bella never jumped off the cliff, and Jacob and Bella fell in love. Well this story tells about my idea...