Wingless [Complete]

By Infernalfairytail

Rowena Hood. A fire-fey, who, in an odd twist of fate, simultaneously became the most powerful and powerless... More

Prologue: Who Am I?
Chapter One: Child of Fire
Chapter Two: Hidden Tales
Chapter Three: Handwritten Stories
Chapter Four: Finding Carolina
Chapter Five: The Lost Life-Message
Chapter Six: Two Weeks Later
Chapter 7: The Red Room
Chapter 8: Preparations
Chapter Ten: The Colt Hotel
Chapter 11: Aires, the Kingdom of Air
Chapter 12: Air Representatives
Chapter 13: When We First Met
Chapter 14: The First Night Outside
Chapter 15: The Ones You Can Trust
Chapter 16: Fire to Water
Chapter 17: Wasser, Kingdom of Water
Chapter 18: The Water Representative
Chapter 19: Firey Arguments
Chapter 20: Night in Wasser
Chapter 21: Water-Creature
Chapter 22: The Next Princess
Chapter 23: The Earth Kingdom
Chapter 24: Fireside Thoughts
Chapter 25: Where to Go Next
Chapter 26: Dead Land and Killer Plants
Chapter 27: Injuries
Chapter 28: Dreams and Bitterness
Chapter 29: Heartbreak
Chapter 30: Scales Tipped
Chapter 31: For Your Life

Chapter Nine: Sudden Planning

175 16 1
By Infernalfairytail

Most fey would feel shocked that they were just asked to make a plan. Most would feel as if they were put on the spot. But not Lucas. Once again he was unshakable. Or maybe he had already made up a plan. Who knows what goes on inside his head.

Lucas's plans were the following: We take off, and go to the edge of the city and rest in Colt Hotel on the side of the town. We then rest there for the day. Then we would travel to the east of the continent, to Aires, and kingdom of air-fey. After we had gotten the representative from Aires, we'd travel north to the water fey, in the kingdom of Wasser and get their representative. Then, for the final leg of the round trip, we'd go west to Erde, kingdom of the earth-fey, and get the last representative.

The continent that all the elements were on was called Elementum. The elemental continent. The continent of all four of of the elements. It was huge and largely unexplored. And also full of dealy and beautiful plants and creatures.

"What do we do then?" Lina asks, when Lucas had finished.

"We go to the spirit-fey's kingdom." Lucas states simply.

"Where's that?" Lina asks.

"Where the rest of the fey aren't." Lucas explains.

"What?" I suddenly burst out. "What's that supposed to mean."

Lina sighs. "There. He done it again. He's making no sense."

Lucas carries on as if we hadn't said any of that. "Think about it. In the north, there's Wasser, the east Aires, the south Fyria, and the west Erde. All of the cities are around the edges of Elementum. What's in the center?"

Lina shrugs, bored. "Nothing. That's what we'd been taught."

"Not exactly." I say slowly. "The key thing here is this is what they taught us. Our tutors. But all of our tutors forgot to mention that there was a race of spirit-fey in existence. I only learnt that from my parents. Before that, none of us knew anything about these faeries actually existing."

So," Lina says excitedly, catching on. "It means that in the center of all the kingdoms, the spirit-fey's kingdom existed?"

We both look over the Lucas. "That's what I believe." Lucas replies to our unspoken question.

"So the rest of the plan?" I prompt.

Lucas continues. "Once we have all the representatives gathered up, we head to the center of Elementum and try to find out the rest of this puzzle."

Lina practically jumping up and down, it was funny how quickly her emotions changed. "We go to the town center and the broken glass spire!"

"Yes." Lucas agrees. "We try and find the city of the spirit-fey, which probably has the broken glass spire. As none of the kingdoms or cities we know have a broken glass or a broken spire anywhere within their vicinity. As far as I know, most kingdoms try to prevent anything from breaking and like to have a very well kept city. Which indicates that the so-called spirit-kingdom, if there is one at all, should be the one with the broken glass spire, as it is an abandoned city and part of Elementum. Abandoned things tend to not be in perfect condition."

"Okay. Great. Got all that planned out now." I smile. "Thanks Lucas."

He nods his head. "Anytime, Princess." Is his formal response (as per usual).

I shake my head and direct my attention over to Lina. "So, where is all your clothing, food, and weaponry?"

She pats her messenger bag. "In here. I've got EC's."

She opens her bag and looks inside. She rummages around, and I notice that she has almost all of the same equipment as I do (necklaces, anklets, bracelets, etc.), just all of it was stuffed into a bag. The only EC's she's wearing on her body, is the belt of grey-EC. The ones that transform into weaponry.

The difference between her EC-belt and mine, is that mine is tight around my waist, and hers is sling around her waist. After a bit of rustling around, she finds what she wants, and pulls it out. It was a necklace with three separate strings of EC. Each string had a different colour. The biggest was gold, the next was clear, and the last was grey.

"Backup." She said once she'd pulled it out. "In case anything happens to any of the other traveler's EC's." She shrugs. "Thought you'd like to know." She puts the backup necklace of EC's back in her bag and pulls out another handful of anklets, bracelets, and a necklace. "These are mine, unless anyone else needs any."

"Why are you showing me this?" I ask.

She shrugs again. "Well, both you and Lucas are wearing your EC stuff on your body. Mine is in my bag, just so you don't worry."

"Okay." I reply. "Why did they give us these many anyway?"

"To make them feel better." Lucas suddenly starts talking again. "This is your first trip out of the kingdom without your parents. They are worried, Princess. Have you well equipped and many extra EC for back-up in case anything goes wrong, makes them feel better."

"Alright, but why do we need so many outfits? I don't see a point. We will never wear this many changes of clothes."

"Well, anything could happen. They could rip, burn, disappear . . ."

I cut him off. "Disappear?"

"Yes. Magic can come and be used in the strangest of ways, Princess."

"Alright . . ." I say doubtfully.

"Believe me or don't. But the point is, Princess, many things could happen to clothes and it's very good to have backup."

"Good." Lina interjects. "Now that we've gotten all that figured out, let's go!"

I laugh. "You're enthusiastic."

"Not as enthusiastic as I would have been if that boy" she jerks her head towards Lucas. "wouldn't be coming with us."

"Are you ready to go, Princess?" Lucas ignores Lina's comment. "Carolina is right, we should get going."

"Sure."

We all go outside to get ready for takeoff. Lucas wraps one arm around my wait, and one under my arms, holding me securely against his chest. He knows that this is my favorite position, because I can see everything that is going on and feel as if I am the one flying. He and Lina then let out their wings.

Wings made of fire that gave off heat. Rising up behind them in a huge arc. With his arms firmly wrapped around my waist, we were ready to take off. It was an exciting feeling. We were finally taking off.

With a couple strong pulls of their wings, we were up in the air, flying. I felt the wind brush my face, and the heat of the wings every time the came forward. I looked down and watched as we soared up above the homes on the ground. When I looked back, I saw my home, the palace, slowly getting further away.

Up in the air, there were a lot of fey. But they all move respectfully out of our way. Some waved. Others called out greetings. There were some younger fledglings that danced around in the air and giggled as they played around.

I felt a pang of sadness. I had never gone up in the air as a fledgling to play around with others my age. The only time I was flying, was in my parents of a guards' arms, and it was no fun to play with someone else carrying me. It would also have been embarrassing to have someone else carry me around like that, especially since I was the princess, and already alienated because of that.

But I made friends with Lina, who, as the only daughter of Lord Lesley (until Lucas was adopted), got a lot of attention and respect. Also, after all these years, I got used to flying by having someone else was carrying me.

💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮

Alright, finally got this chapter finished. Sorry in advance for all the spelling mistakes that will continue happening throughout this book. I've never been very good at editing my books. Point out any spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes. Really appreciated. I'll fix them.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I plan to continue creating more.

Please, please comment any thoughts. I love feedback.

~Julica 💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 265 24
When a new girl arrives at the school and causes some memories to form in a young mans mind, he starts to change. She seems similar, but different th...
395 109 22
An imprisoned psychic running from her cruel mother. A resilient princess running from her terrible fate. A powerful fairy running from her own dark...
3 1 6
Melissa Du Walt finds herself kidnapped while her people celebrate their latest victory. Her captors take her to a foreign country where Melissa has...
64.2K 3.7K 148
Olivia was born with incredible powers, powers that her father saw the need to seal. Now in her junior year in high school, she seeks to awaken her s...