Unchained

By Dark_Spaces

Book 1 in the Deviant Creatures Series In the slums of New York City an underground prison sat. The Ci... More

Author's Note (2024)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Two

48.8K 2.9K 268
By Dark_Spaces

NOT EDITED

Somewhere deep in the forests of the American/Canadian border, large paws thundered against the soft ground, as it had been before for days on end. His russet fur was slick with sweat and his lungs burned, his legs ached for rest, but he was a Wolf on a mission. He wanted his mate, he want her back in his sight, near him.

His wolf had be chewing his ear off for letting her leave so easily, but gave him strength, none the less. It had been almost a week since he had left his home for the first time in several months, he had always been right behind his lovely mate, just missing her. But something had changed, he wasn't sure if it was him or Lym, he had started feeling off. Nothing in particular was wrong, just he felt different, like desperate for something he couldn't find.

He slowed down in a trot when the scent of his mate blossomed greatly, but the stench of death and decay lingered as well, the vultures flew high in the sky, nearly touching the clouds from what he could see between the canopies. The ground was slightly damp from a previous rain and given the fact that her scent was still strong, it meant she was still there or just left.

His tail wagged from side to side slightly in anticipation, his body buzzed with relief. Tilting his head upwards just a bit, he sniffed for a scent trail, his blue eyes closed. It was like a beacon beneath his lids, the silver string that represented her trail was thick and vibrant, she was definitely still there. Blindly, he followed the trail, his paws carried him deftly through the grassy forest floor, he only opened his eyes when he met a stream.

A quick dip in it with his padded feet and a fast slurp, he hopped out. He could sense Lym nearby, he felt her presence. Unease nestled itself in his chest, something wasn't right, he knew just enough about Lym to know she would have made her presence known by now.

It took him a moment, but once he looked past the dark olive grass, through the thick ivy, he found her. His heart broke. Faster than he thought possible he ran over to her.

She was in her human form, her once lovely ivory colored skin was ashen with sickness, making her scars looked like pale vines. Her thick blonde braids were straw like, slowly losing the health in it, her veins stood out, a vivid blue against a creamy gray. Then he saw the source of it.

A large part of her waist was red and festering, it was partially clawed, as if she tried to dig out the infected skin, which she probably did. It was clear as day that she got it from a fight, a fight with a wolf that had been exposed to Wolfsbane. A werewolf's kryptonite if it gets in their bloodstream.

His wolf whined in the back of his head, she would die from this infection.

Concentrating on his human form, Romulus shifted back and fell onto his knees, his heart ached for his mate. He was willing to do anything to take her pain away, if she could feel it. He knew she was in some sort of limbo right now, he had been in her position once before and he could only hope that she was stubborn even not to die.

Get a Theta and several Enforcers outside Clear High Mountain Range, the north side, near Tawny. He mind linked the wolves that had followed him after a day had passed, howls bounced throughout the forest, they were calling in everyone they knew from their King's main pack.

Scooping her into his arms, he looked down at his tiny mate. His vision was blurry with tears, he couldn't lose her now, not after she had just came back to him, willingly at that. That day she ran from him, he thought it would be the last he would ever hear from her, something in him shattered into billions of pieces that day and it had only started to regroup over the last few months Lym had returned to him.

The thud of paws and harsh pants alert him, his protective side came out in full swing, a frightening growl tore out of his throat, the few wolves that arrived was two Thetas and an Enforcer, their brown colored coats were shaggy and sparkled with sweat. Slowly, one by one they shifted into their human forms.

Stood before him was a femme and two males, the female was a dark haired, lithe shifter, one of his best Thetas, her name was Raion and the caramel haired male was her brother, her twin, also a Theta. Both had the long bodies, slightly upturned noses and thick brows, plump lips and dark ebony skin which caused their light green eyes to be stunning. The other male was an Enforcer, a tan mountain of muscle who's body was covered in winding tattoos.

"My King, we mean no harm." Raion murmured slightly, all their heads were bowed. "Demerce and I only wish to heal our Queen." Her hands were clasp behind her, pulling down the long shirt she wore to conceal her womanhood.

"Very well, Kellan, take watch." He grwoled out, reluctantly setting Lym gently down as Raion and Demerce approached cautiously, not wanting to cause their king to lash out at them. They were Thetas, healers of the pack, for years they studied wolf behavior and knew what to do and what not to do.

"My king, it would be best if you gave some space to work, to check her wounds." Raion said in a soft voice, reassuring, careful.

Romulus stood a few feet away from the twins, growling every so often when he felt that Demerce looked at Lym the wrong way. He pulled on his silky black strands every second or so, his body was wracked with anxiety, shifting on his feet with worry.

Raion and Demerce conversed quietly between themselves, muttering small things as the assessed her state. While Demerce looked into the situation with her wound, Raion observed the fair wolf that lay before her. The scars that riddled her body came as a shock to Raion, she was not expecting her Queen to be this. Shaking her head as if to rid herself of these thoughts, she brushed the young woman's matted braids from her face, silently watching her brother work.

"My King," Demerce's husky voice filled the lack of conversation in the small area of the five wolves.

"What is it?" Romulus' head snapped up to meet the Theta's eyes, dread was building up in his chest.

"I'm afraid that Wolfsbane has been in her system far too long." The male Theta answered.

Raion looked on in distress as her King fell to the ground, she wracked her brain for a solution to Wolfsbane. She had a photographic memory, causing her to be one of the best Theta's around. It was like looking through files, discarding the useless ones until she got closer and closer to an answer. And then she found it, she remembered from some article that there was a cure to Wolfsbane, a herb, Vivifica. Latin for healing. But the plant had been extinct for hundreds of years.

Then an idea popped into her head.

"You could try to mark her, my King." Raion murmured quietly. His eyes swirled silver at the thought of marking his mate, his wolf was roaring at the chance to mark her.

§

It wasn't until her second year of being Queen of Everest that she was truly feared by all.

Lym was a quiet woman, she never spoke unless she felt that it was worth wasting her breath over, she was just that type of person. The only one she had truly spoken to in Everest was Bracken. He was a strange man, she came to that realization a week into the hellish prison.

He was constantly doing something. Whether it be talking to Lym, not caring if she answered or not, or pacing back and forth. The strangest thing the man would do was he would lay down in the middle of the floor and spread his arms and legs out and then hum some Irish tune, smiling like a fool on crack.

She had started answering his question with nods of her head or shaking her head no after she learned he would sneak out at night and wander around the facility. It wasn't long after she decided she would join him. After a few years, that had became their routine.

This was one of the few nights she walked alone, Bracken said he didn't get enough sleep during the day. So she decided she would patter around silently, checking in on the crazies, making sure they weren't killing each other or croaking. Most wolves on her section didn't pay any mind to her, not wanting to go with her, they didn't dare venture out during the day. They were like children afraid of the dark, but with good reason.

The cold floor beneath her seeped through her shoes and into her feet, wracking her body with shivers every thirty minutes or so. Her eyes shifted on instinct to accommodate to the darkness. She slipped out of her cell and into the long passage way, the guards were probably getting drunk somewhere or screwing a prostitute. They didn't care anymore, they knew better than to intervene with Lym's affairs with the prisoners.

A small shuffle or a grunt of acknowledgement was all she heard of she passed a cell with some one who was awake. Which was not many. Every so often she peeked into a room if she knew they were in bad shape, checking on their stability.

She always thought the dark hall ways and grimy floors as something in a horror house, that soon changed after a few months of shuffling through them throughout the many time she ventured out. But the walls in the passage ways told stories, from the blood splatters to the claws marks, they hinted you in on what went down during the day. Day or night, no one was safe from a crazed Wolf's wrath.

It didn't take her long, maybe an hour or so, to get down to the ninth floor, the one floor that was avoided like the plague. The rapists and brutes stayed down the dark cells, they were the ones that were never let out. The entrance to their section had padlocked doors that could only be unlocked by certain fingerprints.

Section Nine always interested her, to know that someone was twisted enough to do what they did. She always wanted to know what when on in their disturbed minds. Many nights she stood outside of their section listening to their screams, trying to decipher the string of senseless words. She could always feel the vibrations of the brawny wolves beating on their doors, it echoed through the walls and into whoever was passing by.

She lingered in Section Nine for a few minutes before going even lower, down to the lower sections, six through one. The Norms. They were the ones who's cell doors were left open during the day, allowing them to roam around on their level, they were the civilized wolves. Not danger whatsoever, at least that's what the guards said. But it's a lie.

Every wolf was placed in Everest for a reason, big or small, it was enough to have them sentenced. The walls whispered secrets, Lym listened to them intently. Rumors flew fast, every one was informed of what they lower sections did. They should be killed for half of the crimes they did during the day. Murder. Rape. Torture.

Soft cries during the night could be heard. If you didn't know any better you would think it was a ghost, a weeping soul of the past by how light it was, how innocent it sounded. The grunts that followed made you realize it was a completely different situation.

Again tonight it happened. Lym couldn't take it anymore. As much as she tried to ignore it, it nestled itself into her memory. Bracken had told her to stay out of their affairs, a warning of what might come if she intervened. But for years she ignored it, look where it had gotten her. It couldn't get much worse than this. There was no harm in helping an innocent - somewhat innocent soul.

She let all of her anger seeped into her very being. All of the anger from being told no, from killing on orders, from her freedom being swiped out from underneath her. She was a malicious whirlwind of fury.

The cry of pain was all she heard, every other slight creak and small shuffle was drown out, she had become deathly calm, yet her body shook with unreleased anger. Lym felt the familiar urge to kill enter her body, she felt it linger outside as well, coiling itself around her body like a python that would not release her until it's thirst for bloodshed was quenched.

Slowly her feet carried her closer to the sounds of distress, her feet pit-pattered across the stone stairs as she made her way down to the fourth section, she just felt it in her bones that it was the source of the cry. She inspected every nook and cranny, observing the passages and doorways, trying to catch a glimpse of the cry subject, her body was on auto mode, trying to seek out this distressed person. It was as if she was possessed, like the cries finally got to her, the pain finally made her snap.

It was not until towards the end halls that branched off of the main walk way that she found it. Three men loomed over a dirt covered man, a relatively short man by the looks of it, one that was clearly unable to defend himself against three build Wolves. She wathced silently as his naked body tried to squirm out of one's grip, with no success. The gruff chuckles of the men echoed off of the narrow hall, bouncing off of Lym's raging body.

The other two held the short one still as the other unbuttoned his trousers, his manhood out on display for all to see. The short man's voice shattered as his screams climbed higher as the man neared him. The rapist never got to continue what the others had done, it would be pretty hard to do with out a penis, his mouth was set in an O, no sound came out, it had no chance to, seeing as she ripped out his throat. Gurgles was all that followed as he bled out.

The last two that held the man dropped him immediately in shock, she paid no mind to him as he scurried behind her, he was too weak to protect himself properly. The men bared their elongated teeth at her, Lym never batted a lash, she had faced much worse than those two pathetic beings. With a roar, she slammed into the taller one, knocking to the ground. While he was in a daze, she smashed his head over and over on the concrete flooring, adding yet another blood stain.

It wasn't until she heard a familiar whimper did she be reminded of the shortie's presence, she inwardly scolded herself for getting caught up in the kill and forgetting about the other man. Some thing took over her, some so vile, so corrupt came over her. The hidden darkness erupted and consumed her, that was her only explanation. When she regained control, a disfigured body lay around her, blood stains arched high and low, the short man gave her a breif yet traumatized nod before limping down the hall. She assumed he went back to his cell, hopefully he did.

Taking in the mess before her, Lym simply shrugged and walked back up the long, dark staircases. All that was heard that night through out Everest was the well known scream of men meeting their deserved deaths and the squeak of wet shoes against the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was all very interesting. I didn't think I would be getting this done, to be honest. So, I have 19 days of school left *whispers with eyes closed* praise da lort.
Any who, what'd y'all think, good, bad, I'm a bitch for the way I ended things? The last part thooo. I felt like needed to put some darkness in it. Honestly writing from Romulus' perspective was really fucking hard.

Comment. Vote. Love goats.

P.S. I'm getting some new goats! Little miniature goats. I'm so damn excited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 167K 53
They call them enforcers-They are the ones that come in and clean up when laws have been broken. They are the most feared and strongest of us. They w...
41.8K 3.1K 53
Eve isn't your average she-wolf. She's an ass kicking, potty mouthed, head warrior. She has no plans of finding her mate, she's already found the lov...
575K 21.8K 71
»beginning is rough and quite awful but it gets better as you go along« »book one in the series« When she gets stolen from her wedding, Emerald Vale...
1.2M 33.6K 37
A N A M A Z O N B E S T S E L L E R ORIGINALLY 27.2M READS ON WATTPAD! SAMPLE OF DRAFT MANUSCRIPT - 70%. OFFICIALLY PUBLISHED: 20th November...