Answered

Oleh liveinfaith11

Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1-Answered
Chapter 2- Answered
Rest of Chapter 2...
Chapter 3-Answered
Chapter 4-Answered
Chapter 5- Answered
Chapter 7-Answered
Chapter 8-Answered
Answered-Chapter 9
Chapter 10-Answered

Chapter 6- Answered

17 0 0
Oleh liveinfaith11

Sorry it has taken me so long to update. I hope you enjoy it and please let me know what you think and what you would like me to improve on. Thank you for reading :)

***********************************************************************************************************************

Rudy waited for Rebekah, patiently, outside of her office. Through the glass window, he saw Drew Collins mildly explaining something in a calm manner. From her relaxed, go with the flow appearance, he knew what she was doing. He was far from earshot behind the closed door, but he could hear the reason in her voice. He saw Rebekah nod her head in agreement. Whatever it was he knew she was probably right in her reasoning. She had good judgment and she would be looking out for someone’s best interest, predictably Sara’s.

Finally, he saw Rebekah rise from her chair to let him in.

“Hi, Sherriff.”

“Hi ladies, is Sara ready?”

“That’s what I would like to talk to you about.”

Expectantly he nodded and continued to stand rather than be seated.

“Is she not ready?” He directed his question more towards Drew. He knew she was known as a columnist in Ronaline, but his gut feeling said she wasn’t before.

“She’s not.”

“Fine, tomorrow then?”

“I’ll let you know.” Drew followed him out the door.

“Can I talk to you privately, Rudy?” She said quietly.

He continued to walk along. “Yes.”

A few nurses bustled around them. They casually stepped to the side and waited for them to get out of earshot.

Rudy turned towards Drew and propped himself up against the wall.

“What do you know about Raleigh Smith?” She asked directly.

Rudy gave her a curious look. He liked Drew. He wanted to tell her.

“Come on, you know I’m not a leaky hose that will spew this out everywhere. Who is he?” She asked with a hint of anger.

Rudy scanned the empty hallways. “He’s a bastard, is what he is. The government has been trying to bust him for a while.”

“For what?” she pushed.

He leaned in closer. “Smuggling drugs into the states. He’s filthy rich and his lawyer has gotten him out of everything. He’s powerful.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Drew, we have been keeping a very close watch on you and Sara. He’s threatening. He has sources and people that will do anything for him at the snap of his fingers.”

Drew was sharp and could put two and two together.

“He’s going to try to mess with Sara. He’s already brainwashed her enough. She’s going to try and protect him when she talks to you. I’m going to work with her.” Rudy furrowed his eyebrows.

“What?” he asked.

She gave him an awkward look until realization came over her face.

“I have my doctorate degree in psychology. I sold my practice before I came here. I needed something more low key.”

He nodded and didn’t make a fuss out of what  she just said.

“Are y sure you can handle this?” he asked. “You can’t be moral support and her therapist, Drew.”

A smile played at her lips. “I think I can make it run smoothly.”

“Fine, I’ll check in with you tomorrow.”

“Fine.” She mimicked his choice of word.

He smiled. “Talk to you tomorrow.”

“Keep me updated on anything you find out about Raleigh, also could I have the inspection report on where Sara was living or should I say ‘kept.’”

“Can you come by the station later?”

“Tell me when its ready and I will be there. I need to find her a lawyer.”

“Have the Thom’s retired yet?”

“We’ll see. Call me.”

“Bye.”

 ********************************************************************

She was happy to find Sara still asleep when she entered her room. It gave her a chance to get out and make arrangements without having to worry about her. It concerned Drew how much Sara hated to be alone. She had a lot of theories but she needed her words and the house report to confirm them. For her to be so fearful of losing Raleigh could only mean one thing. The only way she survived was through him. He fed her, provided a home and all her basic needs. Without him, she didn’t believe she was capable of making it on her own. He was a security blanket for her.

She stroked Sara’s fly away hairs before popping out into the hallway to find Rebekah. She found her quickly.

“When are you going to examine her?”

“As soon as she wakes up.”

“I have a question for you.” She started.

“Yeah?” Rebekah asked offhandedly.

“Last night, did you see any signs of abuse prior to the rape?”

She gave Drew her full attention on that note.

“Oh, Drew, what do you think? She’s jumpy and very observant on people’s mannerisms.”

“She does watch everyone intently. What did you find?”

“Obviously, he was abusive and she’s been with him for who knows how long. She had three fresh welts on her backside. She had twelve scars, previous welts.”

Drew was sickened by the information. “He was punishing her.”

Rebekah led her into the lounge and pulled two waters from the refrigerator.

“Go on.” Rebekah said taking a sip from the cool refreshment while Drew fiddled with the bottle in her hands.

“He’s holding something over her head that is making her believe she’s at fault. She believes she has done something horrible and deserves whatever he’s doing to hurt her. She may have done something, a secret only he knows.”

“Something from her past.” Rebekah added.

 “Whatever she did couldn’t have been that bad.”

“He has probably exaggerated it to an extent”

They both pondered off until Drew said one last thing.

“I need to make a few phone calls.”

******************************************************************

“Sara, if you could prop your knees up I’m going to take a quick peek.” Rebekah said needing to look at the stitches. Sara didn’t realize how badly he hurt her. He was too rough this time.

She looked anxiously for Drew; Rebekah said she was coming in.

“We’ll wait for her don’t worry.”

Sara felt sick wishing to be anywhere but where she was.

Drew came through looking at her phone screen, speedily typing a message. She gave a sideways glance at Sara.

“How do you feel?”

“Okay.”

Drew sent the message and met her eyes concerned.

“Did you see if I can talk to Raleigh?” Sara inquired in a small voice.

Drew had indeed called Rudy and got the answer she hoped for.

“I’m sorry his lawyer isn’t letting him have any contact with anyone. He told Raleigh to only speak to him and him only.”

Sara bit her lip uneasily.

“Can I write him a letter?”

“I don’t know, Sara. I don’t think that it’s a good idea.”

Sara jumped when she felt Rebekah touch her.

Drew sat next to her. “I’ll find out for you, but honestly Sara you need to sever ties with him for a little while. At least while you recover. Take some time for yourself.”

Sara stayed silent, uncomfortable with Rebekah in between her legs.

Sara was surprised of how relaxed Drew seemed sitting there. She didn’t even seem slightly uncomfortable while Rebekah examined her. Sara looked at her with jealousy. She wanted to have Drew’s resilience.

“Sara, calm down.”

 “I can’t.” She said barely above a whisper. She couldn’t peel her eyes away from Rebekah.

Drew looked at her hands clenching the sheets.

“Relax.”

Sara looked at her briefly. Rebekah finished.

“It’s over, relax.” Drew said softly. Sara still sat tensely.

Rebekah jotted a few things down on her clipboard.

“Let’s see that eye.” Rebekah and Drew looked at her with concern. She was breathing quick, short breaths.

“Sara, look at me.” Rebekah said calmly. “Look at me.” she coaxed.

Sara was trembling head to toe. She shut her eyes tightly as she remembered the first time Raleigh was mad at her. The first time she saw him angry. She didn’t want to make love to him. She was eighteen and still living at home. She had only known him six months. She was so close to graduating high school.

“Sara.” Drew’s voice snapped into her head before the locked away memory could fully wash over her.

She opened her eyes to see Drew, her face white with worry.

“Breathe. Breathe.” Rebekah rubbed her back as she struggled to get up and stand. Finally on her feet, Drew escorted her to the restroom and held her hair as she threw up. Her legs were in pain and she felt hot.

Drew hated seeing her sick and agonized. Her little girl flashed into her mind. She clenched her jaw and went back to focusing on Sara.

Sara was soaked in sweat but her breathing tempered and her hands were less shaky. Drew helped her up from the floor and let her wash her mouth out. She stepped out of the enclosed space to give her more room. Rebekah was standing beside her, giving Sara instructions.

“Rebekah, she just had a flashback. Give her some space and tone down your voice.” Drew didn’t want to step on her toes, but she cared more about Sara’s wellbeing. Rebekah, good natured, gave a slight nod. Drew gave one last glance at Sara leaning against the bathroom counter and walked the few steps to stand out in the hallway. Rebekah followed suit.

“She had a flashback?”

“Yes.”

“I never got to work on the psychological part with rape victims.”

Drew smiled despite the circumstances.

“Some flashbacks can be graphic.” Drew peeked her head through the doorway to see if she was still okay. “I think the sooner we get her out of the hospital the better. She needs some stability and an open environment. Is she healthy enough to be released?”

“Yes. She tested positive for chlamydia.” Rebekah lowered her voice. “I will prescribe her something to clear it up. Luckily she tested HIV negative and such.”

“Drew?” Sara called out.

Drew walked around the corner to see her still holding onto the counter in the restroom. “Yes?”

Sara’s shoulders relaxed when she heard that Drew was still there. She didn’t respond back to her because she had nothing to say. She just needed that reassurance that someone was still there.

“Crawl back into bed, Sar.” Drew touched her back lightly.

“Can I write Raleigh a letter?” she asked again pleadingly.

“Why do you want to?” Drew asked wearily.

“He is all I have and he’s angry with me.”

“He’s always angry with you.” Drew stated leading her back to bed.

“It’s not his fault.”

Drew ignored her last comment. “Get some more rest.”

Sara was exhausted, even though she did just wake up. Like a child she wanted Drew there while she fell asleep. She feared Raleigh when he was at his worst. She dreaded him coming home every night but worried even more that he would never return. Being completely alone scared her more than Raleigh ever could.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.2K 28 7
overlord au Oleh kitty

Fiksi Penggemar

106 3 13
k
19.1K 604 29
🌙𝒜𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒?🌙
39.9K 475 6