My Mate's Betrayal

By stanakatic1995

When you are at your lowest there is only one thing you can do and that is to rise. Our protagonist went thro... More

Announcement
Prologue
Chapter 1- New life
Chapter- 2 The Royal Letter
Chapter- 3 Party n Past
Chapter - 4 The special training
Chapter- 5 The Mystery Guy (Part 1)
Chapter- 6 Mystery Continues (Part-2)
Chapter- 7 Sweet surprise!?
Chapter- 8 Stupid James
Chapter- 9 Storytime
Chapter- 10 Revelations
Chapter 11- Broken Beauty
Chapter- 12 Blue Eyes
Chapter- 13 Perfect facade
Chapter- 14 To Face The Devil
Chapter- 16 The Confrontation
Chapter- 17 Lost friend
Chapter-18 Old Habits Die Hard
Chapter- 19 Trouble In Paradise
Chapter- 20 Home
Chapter-21 A Mother's Dilemma
Chapter- 22 Decisions
Chapter- 23 Calm Before The Storm
Chapter- 24 Take Bull By Horns
Chapter- 25 Beautiful Enigma
Chapter- 26 Intuition
Chapter- 27 Bring It On
Chapter- 28 How Did This Happen?
Chapter 29 Is This Real?
Chapter- 30 Awake
Chapter- 31 Dread
Chapter- 32 Acceptance
Chapter- 33 His Intensions
Chapter 34 - Being In Love
Chapter- 35 A Good Start & A Mate
Chapter- 36 Clues
Chapter - 37 Brother
Chapter - 38 Dominic
Chapter- 39 The talk
Chapter - 40 Surprise
Chapter- 41 A Happy Day
Chapter- 42 Caught Unaware
Chapter-43 Reunion
Chapter- 44 The Last Battle
Chapter- 45 Life Goes On
Betrayal

Chapter- 15 Longing

3.4K 140 9
By stanakatic1995

Special thanks to-
Radzgirl
OdonnaPickell
Katana1
JessicaGodinez_Lopez
booklover_tmb
kavita993
Ms_JulieAnn

Xavier's pov -

One week.

One week has passed and still, there is no progress with her health. Doctors are confused as they don't know what is wrong with her. Her body has healed which is clear to us but the reason behind her unconsciousness is still in the dark.

But it is not what frightens me. I am terrified because my wolf can't feel her presence for the last four days. It feels like she doesn't exist. I clearly remember that dreadful night.

Daimen and I had divided our hours to take care of her and to snoop around for information. From 8:00 am to 7:00 pm I will stay with her and he will gather all the dirt that he can find on Zen from 7:00 pm to 8:00 am was my turn. It was her third day of remaining unconscious, around midnight Daimen broke into our room saying that something was happening to Kira. When we reached the room, the sight of her body gasping for air, clutching sheets as if her life depended on it greeted me. It nearly broke me. Daimen started grilling the doctor for an answer while I went to sit beside her.

Her mate came after an hour. His hair was disoriented. As if someone was running hands into it. His shirt was wrinkled and he was barefoot. He said that he was in an important meeting discussing patrolling and rogues and came as soon as the meeting was over. He was worried about her and offered to stay here. But we declined, saying, that he needed to rest as he looked so tired.

He agreed after a little resistance on his part. We knew it was all a facade as we smelt other female wolf's scent on him plus there were red marks around his neck which he tried his best to hide from us but failed miserably. They were hickeys. We knew that he was screwing someone and came after he was satisfied.

When he left I sat beside her and started stroking her hair. I have seen many times Helen doing the same to her and once I also listened to their conversation. Kira was saying that she feels herself relaxing when someone strokes her hair. It reminds her of her mother and she loves the feeling. So I tried my best to comfort her. By stroking her hair, calling her princess, and hoping that she would be listening to me, that night Daimen and I both stayed in her room.

The next morning which was supposed to bring us hope for her recovery instead gave us dread. Daimen and I's wolf couldn't feel her presence. It was like something or someone was stopping us to reach her. Before I could contact anyone from our pack my mind was attacked by the voices of our Alpha and Luna.

I looked around and saw that Daimen too was clutching his head like it would explode any second. I couldn't decipher what they were saying. So I asked them to calm down and tell me what is bothering them one by one. The first thing that Helen asked me was- is she alive? I told her that she is but the problem was that my wolf couldn't feel her presence. The same thing was happening to them too.

Helen told me that Alpha, Ana, and she were not able to sense Kira's wolf. It took me some time but I was able to calm her down. From that time, I reported to her thrice a day on Kira's condition. Zen visits her several times a day. I have to say that his acting skills are good. He can win an Oscar. Sometimes even I have to think twice about his behavior whether it is genuine or fraud. We have tried and so far we got nothing on him.

She needs to wake up. She is the only one who knows him better than any of us. She can catch his lies. But for how long do we have to wait? It seems like an eternity when we last heard her voice, her laughter. We are desperate for her to open those orbs that look at the world differently. I am woken out of my trance when Daimen suddenly pulls out the chair beneath me and I fall with a loud thud.

"What was that for?" I asked a little annoyed while standing up.

"You were so lost in your thoughts that you didn't even hear me. I was shouting your name for the last fifteen minutes."

"So what? You didn't need to do that to catch my attention. A little shaking would have done that."

"As if shaking you will be enough, by the way, what were you thinking about?"

"It's been a week and we got nothing on him. Plus it is getting hard to deal with her unconscious state."

"Yeah, she needs to wake up and soon."

Just as those words left his lips I felt something. A light sensation, like finally, the sun has risen. I know it doesn't make any sense as it is noon, the sun has already been there for a while now. I looked at Daimen and he too was aware of what just happened. I was about to open my mouth but then I heard it. It was faint but crystal clear. Daimen too heard it as his eyes were as wide as a saucer.

"Kira."

We both said her name at the same time.

"Daimen... Xavier..."

Again. I heard her voice.

"Did you hear that?"

"Is she?"

"Let's go and check."

We didn't rush instead we walked slowly. We were afraid if we rushed we would lose it. So we took slow but steady steps and cautiously opened the door to her room.

A sigh of relief left our lips when we saw that she was indeed awake.

Alkira's pov -

I was a little disoriented when I opened my eyes. But then I remembered Sira's words. I was at his house. I tried to speak but my throat was parched. After some time I again tried calling them and this time I succeeded but my voice was faint. I don't know how but I knew that Daimen and Xavier were nearby. I could sense them faintly.

But then I cringed when I realized how can they hear me when they are not by my side. I mind-linked them instead. The connection was faint but it was getting stronger. And I was right as after a few minutes the door of my room was opened and they walked in. They were eyeing me like I was a scared little kitty and if they made any sudden movement then I will run in the opposite direction and hide. It was funny because I am a werewolf and they were thinking of me as a kitty, a scared one at that.

"You know that... if you walked like that..even a snail can...beat you guys to the finish line." I rasped.

I somehow complete this sentence and fell silent. This broke them out from their stupor and the next thing they engulfed me in a bear hug. It was cute but suffocating.

"I need...to breath." I croaked.

"Sorry." They answered at the same time.

"You got us worried. Never do that again princess."

"Here. Take this. You must be thirsty but drink slowly."

I took the glass out of Daimen's hand and nodded to Xavier.

"Let me call the doctor. He needs to check on you to see if you are alright."

I shook my head in denial.

"Why?"

"Because Daimen, I need to talk to you both first. I need to know what happened here when I was unconscious."

"OK. We will tell you but first, you have to tell us why we can't feel your wolf or any connection with you?"

"Because my wolf did not want to."

"She can do that?" Xavier asked feeling bewildered at my answer.

"Yes, Xavier. Now tell me what happened? Don't make me repeat it again."

"Okay. Okay. You were asleep for a week. We took turns in taking care of you and keeping an eye on Zen. So far we got nothing except for some hints of him sleeping with many girls." He made a face at the last sentence.

"Don't fall for his charms, Xavier. He is good at faking."

"Don't worry princess. We know all about the hideousness that he hides behind his pretty face. Now let me call the doctor."

I gave a small smile to ensure them. Xavier went to call the doctor and my so-called mate. I crossed my fingers and prepared myself to face him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 16.1K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
1.5M 43.8K 28
*COMPLETED* My head bowed in a heavy mannor, not in respect, but in trepidation. I discern his unwavering gaze over my ill silhouette. "Look at me." ...
2.3M 62.9K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...
1.1M 27.6K 35
"I-I'm sorry for waking you up. Please forgive me Alpha." She basically threw herself to her knees and bared her neck: a sign of submission. I sighed...