Pretend Boyfriend Sequel (Sug...

By Koneko_Senpaixx

After the loss of her father and gaining the inheritance of his fortune, her mother has been around more ofte... More

July 2K16
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9

3

1.2K 65 18
By Koneko_Senpaixx

The tragic day came...

I'm at my father's funeral now.

The open casket was a brutal blow for me.

Seeing him there, it almost looked like he was sleeping. As if I call out to him, he'd open his eyes and smile at me.

I felt Yoongi hold my hand.

I looked at him.

"Marie, come sit with me. This isn't good for you" he said.

"Just one more minute...I just..." I looked at father again.

I can't believe he's really gone.

"Daddy..."

I felt the tears coming again.

Yoongi hugged me.

He's really gone now...

He's not coming back...

I pulled away from Yoongi's embrace and felt like I was going to go crazy. I wanted him to come back to life, I wanted him to talk to me. I wanted him to open his eyes.

"Baby" Yoongi lifted my chin up. "Please..."

"I can't...I want him to come back to me. I want him to open his eyes!"

He had tears in his eyes. "Don't do this to yourself."

I felt tears stream down my face.

I have to keep it together...but how?

How am I supposed to do that?

He embraced me again.

I cried and cried.

I felt so much pain, the loss of my father...

The only person who never gave up on our family.

Aside from Barclay and Stella of course but even so he was the one who kept us all together.

"Marie honey...It's time" I heard Lucille say.

I pulled away from Yoongi and wiped my eyes.

"Okay..." I nodded.

I had prepared a speech.

I walked up to the stand and took a deep breath.

"As I stand here, I see friends and relatives that have come great distances to be here for my Dad. I am humbled and quite frankly impressed at how he must have touched your lives. I can only speak for myself, but when I think of how he touched my life, the first word that comes to mind is "admiration". I could stand here and list all the ways I admire him...but well, a lot of you have flights to catch." I said.

They gave a slight laughter.

"But I would like to share a few reasons why I admire my Dad. First and foremost was his love and commitment for me. He was committed to making me happy. If it was important to me, it became important to him. During his last days, his only concern was for my well being, and not his own impending mortality. I told him not worry about me too much, after all I have Stella, Barclay and my loving boyfriend, Yoongi" I slightly smiled.

"I also admire him because of the kind of father he was to me. Yes, he loved me...very much. But he also instilled in me a core value system that defined who he was. And that, was a man who kept promises. Honored commitment. He was a man of integrity. Whenever I stumbled, he could have accepted my bitching & moaning and advised me to take the easy way out and quit. But he'd have none of that. He fully expected me to see things through, all the way to the end without drama. "Do it. It just needs to be done." he'd always say to me. If you're here today, and I thank you for that, that means that he touched your life in some way or another. That means that you'd miss him in some way or another. He will be missed, Friends will miss his corny jokes and his company. Lastly, I'd like to thank Lucille for bringing him joy again. I know my father loved you very much Lucille and I can't thank you enough for being there for him, for supporting him in all his trying times. You were truly the perfect wife and the perfect mother I so longed to have." I smiled at her.

Every one clapped then I stepped down to sit next to Yoongi.

He held my hand and I slightly smiled at him then looked back towards the coffin.

I can't believe this...

He's really gone now...

"Is it true? Is he really dead?"

?

Someone bursted through the doors but I immediately recognized the voice.

I stood up and looked.

"Mom?"

She went to hug me. "Oh honey please say it's not true"

I felt this bitterness within me, she wasn't there during his trials and she comes now?

I pulled away from her. "What are you doing here? You weren't invited"

I glared at her.

"I'm your mother and I was his wife!"

"You were his wife. Lucille is his rightful wife not you"

She slapped me and the guests gasped, mumbling things to each other.

I slapped her back.

"How dare you show up! You never loved him! All you ever cared about was his money! You weren't there for him before so why are you here?!" I yelled. "You were a good for nothing wife and you're a good for nothing mother! You didn't raise me HE did! You weren't there for any of us! How dare you come in here acting all sad! You're not sad! You know why you're here? Because you wanna see if he left you anything!"

I felt Yoongi grab my arm but I pulled away.

She slapped me harder.

"Don't talk to me like that! I'm still your mother!"

I spat in her face.

"Fuck you! You aren't shit! If it wasn't for father you'd be in the streets! You're a whore! Get the fuck out! LEAVE!" I screamed and pushed her towards the door.

Lucille grabbed my wrist. "Marie honey...it's okay"

I looked at her. "No, it's not okay! She ruined everything! He went through hell because of her! He-"

"Honey, he's at peace now. Just let her pay her respects" she said in a calm voice.

"Tch, respect? She doesn't even have self respect" I said as I looked at my mother.

I pulled away from her and walked out.

I took a deep breath.

Shit...

"Marie, are you okay?" Yoongi asked.

"No...I don't understand why she showed up. She's so fake. I used to think she was good and I loved her but as time passed all that faded. Even if my dad was hardly ever home, he loved me and always took care of me. He's gone now...I have no one. I've got no mom and no dad, I feel alone. I mean Lucille has changed and she's been like my mother but she isn't..."

"Marie, maybe your mom's just trying to be there for you. You know like...making up for lost time." He said as he lifted my chin up.

"You don't understand..." I looked at him. "You've always had your parents around."

He let out a soft sigh.

"Just give her a chance. I don't understand, you're right but maybe she's trying. Even if she's made all these mistakes maybe now she's gonna try to redeem herself. At least give her the benefit of the doubt babe..."

"I guess...but I can't stand her. I guarantee you she only came because after the burial the lawyer will meet with us and I'll be able to see the video of his will. I honestly just..."

I sighed.

"It'll be okay" he said.

"I don't think it'll ever be okay..." I said.

He didn't know what to say to me but to be honest I didn't expect him too.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

It was a long day today...

Too much going on in my mind...

Seeing Father's video really just made me feel so many mixed emotions.

To my daughter Lexi Marie Tipton, I leave my entire estates and all my fortune. She is the rightful owner of all these things, There is a medical scholarship for you sweetheart and I'd really love for you to take it. If you don't wish to do this then give it to someone who you think would want want it. My daughter is the most precious thing I had in my life and I know that she will make me proud no matter what she does.

I am sad that I had to leave you but know that I'll always be watching over you baby.

There's also another thing I have to add and I know that Lexi will have a fit.

I sighed heavily.

He asked my mother to be there for me.

Why?

I was pissed off more because he literally gave her an offer!

1 million dollars, that is what I will give to you when and if you will be by her side. You've never been there and even if I have to pay you for it now, it's worth it. She needs her mother...

I've never needed her.

Of course she signed the paper and accepted. She wants the money so obviously she wasn't going to turn it down...

I was able to put a condition however.

She isn't allowed to move in, after all this is my house now.

I also found out that Lucille is expecting a child. I felt really happy about that, I'm going to have a little brother or sister. I promised Lucille to help her and I even insisted for her to move in with me.

I'm going to make sure that the baby has everything it could ever want just like I know father would've treated it.

Mother wasn't happy at all.

You prefer her over your own mother?!

Damn right I do.

"Ms. Tipton, Master Suga is here to see you"

"Let him in I guess" I said.

He bowed his head and left my room.

I took a deep breath.

Honestly, I didn't want to hear anymore pity from him or anyone else.

I did decide that I was going to go to medical school and that I am going to make daddy proud. But I really wanted some time alone...it's been a hard day.

I heard my door open.

I turned around and saw Yoongi.

"How you holding up?" He asked.

"How do you think?" I looked at him.

"Just trying to help"

"Then please stop...Yoongi I've had a really horrible day alright? If you want to keep me company then please don't ask me ridiculous questions" I said.

"Alright then, I'll just go. You obviously don't want me or anyone else here so sorry to bother you Ms. Tipton" he bowed his head.

"......"

I turned my back towards him and just walked out to the balcony.

He doesn't have to be all sarcastic like that...it isn't funny to me. He can go if he wants...I don't care.

I heard footsteps approaching and an embrace from behind.

"I was trying to be funny but I guess you're in no mood for that either...Sorry"

I sighed. "It's okay...I'm just all types of moody. I'm literally a ticking time bomb at this point...I don't want to hurt you"

"Hurt me? You?" He asked sarcastically.

"Don't push it Yoongi..."

He kissed my cheek.

"Baby, you shouldn't feel like this. Your dad obviously had a plan and he did all of that for you. Don't worry about the past, keep your head up and think about the future, our future" he said.

"I know but what do you expect me to do? I just lost my dad...I'm going to med school, I've got to deal with my mom now and Lucille is expecting a child as well, I mean I have no problem with that but you don't understand the type of responsibility I have now. My expectations, their expectations, as well as yours."

"Don't worry about me. I don't expect anything from you except your love" he said.

"That's not going to change, trust me but I have a lot on my plate. Father ran businesses with Lucille so we're partners in that. With her being pregnant it'll be tough you know? She's going to show me the ropes then with mother being aroun...Yoongi she doesn't even like you. She's a pain in the ass to deal with, nothing is going to be the same anymore."

He turned me around and looked me in the eyes.

"Marie...We'll get through this together okay? I promise. I'll always be here for you and I'll always be one call away, I'm not going to let you deal with this on your own."

"But...what about your career? I mean you're always going to be on the road and stuff"

"Baby, I'll make time. I give you my word" he said.

I nodded.

He caressed my face. "I love you"

"I love you too"

He kissed me softly and I kissed him back.

Even if things seem at it's worse now, together we can overcome anything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.5K 2.7K 32
SoonHee Jeong has just said goodbye to her love, Jungkook. She's forced to leave him in order for him to follow his dream. Leaving him with a shatter...
115K 4.3K 62
"W-Why are you even jealous over him?...." Jimin sobbed "Because I love you, you idiot" Suga shouts at Jimin with tears threatening to leave his eye...
11.6K 594 34
Jungkook's father has recently been in a relationship with a woman and are soon to be wed. Jungkook's first opinion of the woman is brilliant; he thi...
636 17 14
(Book 2) Of "Single Father: A Taekook Story" which follows the life of Min Yoongi and Park Jimin before and 2 years after Yoongi goes to prison, it i...