Klaus & Caroline: Life in New...

By Sophie_Juniper

This is a sequel for the story "Klaus & Caroline: The Longing Summer" and I recommend you to read it before t... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Wake Up Call
Chapter 2 : Don't Trust Marcel
Chapter 3: Talking About "Low Profile"
Chapter 4: Perks Of Being A Family
Chapter 6: Sounds...Confusing. - Fantastic!
Chapter 7: Preparing For The Party
Chapter 8: Not So Happy Halloween
Chapter 9: Eavesdropping
Chapter 10: Daggers To My Heart
Chapter 11: Don't Worry Sweetie
Chapter 12: Bold Behaviour
Chapter 13: Getting Caught
Chapter 14: Awkward Explanations
Chapter 15: Someone Does Have A Heart After All
Chapter 16: Rising From The Dead
Chapter 17: The Story Of Loss
Chapter 18: Just Put Your Spell On Him
Chapter 19: There's Nothing Like Family
Chapter 20: Who Said It Would Be Pleasant?
Chapter 21: Girl Talk
Chapter 22: Troubles
Chapter 23: Virginia Call
Chapter 24: All I Want For Christmas...
Chapter 25: You Came
Chapter 26: Gambling
Chapter 27: Always And Forever
Chapter 28: Drastic Dress Up
Chapter 29: Trapped In A Corner
Chapter 30: After The Worst
Chapter 31 (Final): All Things Must Come To An End
Author's Note

Chapter 5: The Agreement

9.7K 211 24
By Sophie_Juniper

Klaus and Elijah headed to the old witch cemetery. They made sure that they were not followed by anyone. Soon Klaus and Elijah entered in to the cave where they had had previous discussions with the witches. Elijah stayed near the entry, sending a short text message to Sophie, to gather all the authoritative witches and join in the company of the Original brothers.

"It'll take some time." Elijah said to Klaus meaning that they would have to wait a while.

"Wouldn't it be easier to just kill Marcel?" Klaus pondered.

"We would gain only hatred with that action. He has hundreds of vampires with him."

"Does it matter? We are the most powerful, indestructable creatures in the whole world."

"Yes, but Caroline, or Lucas, isn't. For their sake we need to handle this in another way."

"By freeing the witches and gaining their alliance?"

"That is what I had in mind."

Klaus nodded. For Caroline's and Lucas's sake, things had to happen more smoothly and secretly. Open violence would only danger them. Sometimes he wished they would be as indestructible as he was. Klaus sighed, since that wasn't going to happen.

In an hour, three witches appeared in the cave. Sophie along with a little shabby, rumpled old man, who had a steel-gray hair and a young woman, who reminded Elijah about Hazel. She had similar round shaped face, blue-gray eyes and a same calm, motherly appearance, which was emphasized about the fact that she was carrying a child.

"These are Royce and Henrietta. We are the spokespersons of the three major covens of New Orleans. You wanted to talk?"

"Yes." Elijah nodded, taking the lead of the conversation. "We think it is time to take this city back to it's right trail. That means dethroning Marcel and The Original family taking the lead once again."

"What's it for us?" Royce said immediately with a iron voice.

Klaus flinched but Elijah gave him a quick, threathing look not to lash out. Then Elijah eyed on Royce, seeing through the wrinkles and the shabby appearance that he was a respectable man with a certain dignity and most likely, power. Royce had hard look in his eyes, as steely as the colour of his hair.

"Our coup d'état would also mean the freedom to the witch kind." Elijah said courteously. "But only if you make an alliance with us."

Elijah and Royce stared each other and to the rest it seemed like they were having a silent conversation. Klaus was getting sullen about the thick silence that fell in the cave, but he realized that either Sophie or this other witch girl, Henrietta, didn't mind. Finally, Royce offered his hand to Elijah, who answered it with a firm grip. They shook their hands and Royce turned to face Klaus.

"Do you agree?" Royce croaked with a raw voice, offering his hand to Klaus.

"Do I agree on what?" Klaus was a little stunned. "You two were agreeing something I know nothing about!?"

"Niklaus. Would I agree in something that could harm our family in anyway? Just shake his hand." Elijah said severely. "Trust me."

Klaus looked in Royce's eyes, trying to get behind the iron walls he obviously had put on to hide his emotions and thoughts. Then Klaus thought about his family, Caroline and Lucas. "For their sake I must do this." Klaus said in his mind and took Royce's hand and shook it. Royce nodded, first to Klaus, then Elijah and then the female witches.

"It is done then." Royce said in a dark voice. "We should get going."

The female witches turned to make their exit and Royce followed them. As Sophie and Henrietta were out, Royce stopped by the exit, turned and focused his eyes on Klaus's, who flinched as he heard Royce's croaky voice inside his head.

"Behind that shallow 'I-want-to-be-a-king'... You do have an honorable motive. Hold on to that. Because family... is everything."

Then Royce made his way out and the Original brothers were left alone.

"He reads minds?!" Klaus hissed to Elijah. "So you two were actually having a conversation about agreeing the terms of an alliance?!"

"Oh yes, brother." Elijah smiled. "Althought I didn't expect him to show his gift to you personally."

"So what were the terms?" Klaus demanded.

"That's between me and Royce." Elijah said amused. "But I ensure you that you haven't agreed on anything that would cause you harm."

"Elijah!!!"

"Niklaus."

Klaus pouted to his brother but Elijah stayed silent. "Tell me."

"No."

"Why not?!"

"The time is not right."

"That's not a proper reason." Klaus gnarled. "Tell me."

"Have you ever heard about 'patience', brother?" Elijah laughed and made his exit from the cave.

"If you don't tell me... I'll bet that Caroline will get it out from you!" Klaus threatned following his brother's lead.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Finally!" Caroline huffed when Klaus and Elijah arrived.

Caroline stood up and walked in front of the Original brothers. She crossed her arms over her chest and her eyes narrowed and one of her eye brows raised as a silent question.

"We made a deal with the witches." Klaus said.

"And?" Caroline asked demanding.

"That's all I know, love." Klaus shrugged and looked Elijah grimly. "Elijah holds all the details."

Caroline turned her questioning look on Elijah, who didn't seem to bothered about it. "Elijah?"

"Yes, Dear?" Elijah answered a fake clueless tone in his voice.

"Would you mind of telling me..." Caroline started, but when Klaus cleared his throat, she corrected, "I mean... us... what's going to happen?" Caroline said with a tense smile.

"I don't think that's necessary." Elijah smiled and sat on a comfy armchair next to the sofa.

"What?!" Caroline shouted. "I don't believe you! You're just enjoying for making me to squirm!"

"Yes, Elijah, you had your fun." Klaus added. "Now spill it out!" Elijah eyed both Caroline and Klaus, who stood side by side in front of him with the same irritated look on their faces.

"How can you two stand one another?", Elijah chuckled, "You both share the same obsession for the need of being in charge." He shook his head slowly. "But this time you have to trust me instead. You both are closer to Marcel than me. I have barely met the man. Of course, I don't deny you to keep your eyes and ears open but I have a feeling that Marcel won't be spilling out his secrets, not at least around you, Niklaus." Elijah gave Klaus a knowing look. "So why don't you two try to act as normal as you can and let me take of this spying business for a while."

Elijah left Caroline puzzled and Klaus gnarling out of irritation.

"Spying huh?" Caroline asked after a moment of silence. "what are you trying to find out exactly?"

"The witches are convinced that Marcel has to have a witch of his own, who is sabotaging his or her own kind for Marcel. I intend to locate this particular witch and see if I can get this individual to switch sides... Or maybe I'm just in the mood for a kill." Elijah ended blankly.

"Fine." Caroline raised her hands. "Have it your way then. I'm going to bed." She walked out of the room.

Klaus remained standing still, his eyes fixated on his brother. It was like Klaus would think that he could get the information out of Elijah if he just stared him long enough.

Elijah cleared his throat once again. "Stare as much as you like brother, but I suggest that you would go to Caroline to wish her good night instead." Elijah said and headed to his own bedroom.

Klaus hesitated for a minute, then he headed to the guest room in which Caroline and Lucas were staying. The door was closed so Klaus gave three quiet knocks on it. Caroline soon came to open the door. She had already washed her face and put on her favorite light yellow and airy nightgown on. Her fresh, sleepy face and the garment made her look like a fairy.

"Hey," Caroline whispered and closed the door quietly behind her. Klaus draw her into a longing kiss. After they break free from the kiss, they let their foreheads rest against each other.

"I can't believe that you let Elijah get away from this so easily, love." Klaus murmured to Caroline.

"You think so?" Caroline giggled quietly.

"What do you mean, love?"

"If Elijah is going to do some spying, then so am I." Caroline whispered to Klaus' s ear. "I'm going to spy Elijah. I just wanted to make him think that I have given up on the subject. Don't worry, I'll tell you if something comes up." She smiled and winked.

"You sneaky little genious... Klaus grinned and pulled Caroline in an intense kiss. "I love you Caroline Forbes."

Author's Note: Well, how did you like this chapter? :) Are you guys waiting for the up-coming show The Originals? I surely am, because of Elijah <3 he has grown to be one of my favorite characters during the TVD and my writing, he's such an interesting character :)

XOXO,  Sophie_Juniper

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 836 19
Sequel to Timeless. Even though Klaus is against it, Caroline & the girls form a plan to find the cure for Elena, heading out to the deserted island...
126K 3K 30
This story takes place after season 8 of the vampire diaries. After Stefan died, Damon & Elena became human and Bonnie went to travel the world. Caro...
501K 12K 32
This fanfiction story continues the story of Klaroline right after s4e23. It is time Caroline and Klaus to go on different ways. Klaus heads to New O...
59K 2.5K 31
It's the summer before senior year for Caroline Forbes. More importantly, it's been one month of dating the guy of her dreams, Klaus Mikaelson. Every...