✿ lots of one shots ✿

By hippiespacegeek

where i keep my random one shots for characters and people. {requests are open} More

?? intro ??
the new girl in town. | luke skywalker
take me out (to the ball game). | poe dameron
copper and tellurium. | peter parker
the one you shouldn't hurt at all. | bucky barnes
1A for spirit. | preserum steve rogers
an awkward encounter. | peter parker
old mcdonald had a great body. | ben hardy
what crush? | finn
woah
you're my hero. | poe dameron
numb. | peter parker
new student. | warren worthington
mans best friend. | bucky barnes
bus stop. | peter parker
what's your deal? | scott summers
updates
walking buddies. | peter parker
What Happened to the FFAC kids during the battle of Hogwarts {Part 1}
What Happened to the FFAC kids during the battle of Hogwarts {Part 2}
What Happened to the FFAC kids during the Battle of Hogwarts {Part 3}
What Happened to the FFAC kids during the BOH {Part 4}
What Happened to the FFAC Kids During the B of H {final}

sentimental journey. | 1940's steve rogers and bucky barnes

343 16 13
By hippiespacegeek

Summary: Your two life long friends have a little surprise for you.
Word Count: 1813

"Buck, what's in that box?." You say walking slowly behind his quick pace in order to keep Steve close by. He always hated seeing everyone walking past him so quickly.

"You'll see." Bucky said keeping his same pace but turning around to meet your eyes with his  blue ones. Every time he looked at you, your heart raced. You loved that man and he loved you, you made each other whole. He turned back around snapping you out of your trance.

"Where we even going anyways?" You groan.

"Trust me, you'll love it." Steve says from next to you obviously out of breath, but being Steve showed no signs of pain.

"Oh so Steve knows what's happening but I don't?" You say annoyed from this 30 minute journey so far by foot.

"Quit complainin' will ya." Bucky said speeding up and turning a corner onto a little wooden bridge that entered the forest.

What on earth? Where are we going? The three of you continued through the forest breaking sticks and crunching leaves under your feet. The autumn breeze brushed your arms and ears. It was a really beautiful day. The leaves on all the trees were just beginning to turn and each seemed to be touched by the golden hand of Fall. Soon you were enclosed from the outside sound of everything. No more cars, no more factories, no more people other than you, Steve, and Bucky.

"Ok shut your eyes and take my hand." Bucky said.

You reached out for his hand and shut your eyes and breathed in. You followed his steps keeping your eyes shut. It felt great, being out here that is. You missed it. Missed the days when you weren't caught up in work and the war. The war was great for you though, without it you would still be living on the streets with your mother. She's healthy again, you're working now, but you wish it was not as hard. You wish people didn't have to leave. You wish no one had to die for the war. You wish your two best friends didn't want to leave so you much. Without them you would feel alone. You would have no one. Maybe you should join the WAAC or the WAVES or even the WASPS like all those women on the posters tell you to, but you can't. You have to stay home and build and build and build those guns. You have to stay home and care for your mom. You have only her without Steve and Bucky. She would be broken with you gone too. You felt a rough thumb on your cheek and you open your eyes feeling the warm tear being wiped off your face by Bucky. He looked into your eyes knowing what you were thinking and rubbed your shoulder.

"Don't worry." He said a faint smile showing over the slight pain in his eyes. "We're here now." You looked down at Steve standing next to him and smiled earning a warm smile from him.

"Turn around." He said. You turned around and felt your breath disappear. In front of you was a huge tree. A tree that brought so many memories so many great memories. You felt your feet slowly take you towards the tree and your hand rise up and place a palm on the trunk. You took your hand and walked around the trunk following the perimeter until you found a small patch of barkless wood. Squatting down you found the three names and traced them with your finger.

We're gonna be friends forever.

Sure are Steve.

No matter what happens?

We need to make an oath.

What's an oath?

It's like a promise.

A promise to be friends forever.

How bout we sign something?

Something that will be here forever.

How bout that tree?

Great idea (Y/N)!

Still got that pocket knife Buck?

Yep right here.

Chip off a bit of that bark so it's smooth like paper. Perfect. Now sign your name.

I don't got a signature.

Just write it Bucky.

Now you sign (Y/N).

Here you go Steve.

There. That's our oath.

Friends forever.

No matter what happens.

You felt the tears form in your eyes and took a step back, the feeling of the wood lingering on your hand. Then you felt a root under the sole of your shoe. It was a big root.

I knew I'd find you here.

I don't need you Bucky.

Oh come on. It's not good to be all alone.

Maybe I just want to be alone.

No one want to be alone (Y/N). That guy was such a fat-head. He never was meant for someone as great as you.

Bucky not now.

No. No now don't cry. Please stop crying. He's in the past now, you'll forget about him. You'll show up one day with your beautiful self and he will ask himself, 'damn why was I such an idiot.'

Thanks Bucky.

Anything for my (Y/N).

What?

I-I uh. Heh. I mean I. I've always been stuck on you. For like the longest time. It's embarrassing, but when you started talking to that guy I knew he was trouble. I wanted you with me.

Bucky I.

I know, you are way too good for me, but I couldn't get over it. But I. But I'm just glad your not with him anymore.

Buck-

And I've seen you almost everyday thinking to myself wow. I could get any girl. I really could, but I can't get you, but you're the one I want. And I-
Well. Hah I guess with a kiss like that I guess I am good enough for you.

That's why it's good to just listen Bucky.

You felt a blush form on your cheeks and you smiled at the fond memory. A crisp leaf fell from the tree and onto the top of your shoe. Looking up to the full leafs of the branches all orange and yellow like the sun in a tree.

Steve! Get down from there!

No! Richard Otto said I would never be able to get into the military. He said I can't even climb a tree.

Steve! This is the tallest tree we know! Even I couldn't climb it!

Steve come on bud you'll hurt yourself!

See that's what I mean! I'm tired of people worried about me hurting myself. How come they don't think I can do stuff without getting hurt?

Steve you're being irrational! If Joe Lewis was climbing that tree I'd be worried he would hurt himself!

No you wouldn't.

Shut up Bucky do you want Steve to get down or what?

I can hear you! And I am not getting down until I get to the top!

Steve just come down! Richard isn't even here to see you.

But if I can just show myself I can do something someone told me I couldn't maybe...

Maybe what Steve? Maybe you'll become stronger? Maybe you'll prove to the world? Steve there are things you just can't do. We know just how strong you really are and we know you have the fight in you of the entire US army, but Steve if you fall from that tree you won't be able to even prove to officials that you have that fight in you. So get down from that tree or I'm coming up there and rescuing you like a firefighter does to cats.

Steve?

Fine. I'm coming down.

Now. No more "proving" yourself alright?

Fine.

You turned around to the two boys smiling and you felt the rivers of tears falling out of your eyes.

"How could I forget?" You said through tears. Your vision was blurred but you felt two pairs of arms wrap around you and you embraced the two for what seemed like forever.

"There's one last thing." Bucky said pulling away along with Steve and holding out the little brown box to you. You wiped your eyes and took it slowly opening the little golden latch. Inside was a small photo of the three of you at the tree smiling as well as three stamp sized photos of each of you separately with your names written on the back. Underneath that was a small letter folded up. You took it out delicately and unfolded it reading Steve's all to familiar handwriting.

'Here you see three great friends. Three friends who no matter what were there for each other and no matter what will be there for each other. Through all these rough times they found each other and loved each other and cared for each other. There is no doubt that there will be a time when they are separated, but they will always find each other in their hearts and in their memories. There are friendships like these that are stronger than any force of military or weapons. This tree, is a tree that is strong, a tree that has lived a long time and will hopefully live forever. This tree is our friendship.

Signed
Steven Grant Rogers
James Buchanan Barnes
(Y/F/N)'

The tears began again as you folded up the letter and placed it back in the box and shut it. They were tears of happiness and sadness all at the same time and man did they hurt. You ran up to Steve and hugged him tightly, but not too tight afraid of hurting him with your love. Then you turned to James and hugged him tightly unafraid to crush him with you affection. You pulled away and wiped away tears.

"Thank you. Thank you both so so so much. Thank you for these past 17 years. For this amazing friendship for everything you have done and everything you will do. I am going to miss you James and Steve when you get into the enlisted I know I will miss you too. And oh God it hurts to even think about you guys leaving me. I am just more then happy to know I have met you and lived my life with you two. And damn why am I always the one crying?" You laughed to yourself and wiped another tear away.

"Do you want to bury the box?" Steve said smiling and looking to your hands holding the box. You looked down at your hands and back up to Steve nodding. You turned around and heard the two come up next to you and all three of you as a whole squatted down at the point of the tree where the trunk met the soil. You all began digging a hole big enough for the box and placed you placed it in covering it with the dirt that was dug up. You dusted off your hands and grabbed their hands.

Friends forever.

No matter what happens.

---

Alright goodness gracious that was emotional. So terribly sorry everyone. I am a huge Marvel fan/Bucky fan/1940's fan so I had to work on this a lot. I hope you all enjoyed. Have a great day:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.8K 1.5K 45
Just some cute one-shots of Peter and MJ. I will be taking requests!!
6.4K 132 11
just parkner one shots! (also posted on my ao3+tumblr- honckity) you can request on any chapter
82 6 3
This book contain oneshots from marvel (Mainly Iron dad and spider son) universe. Open for request No consistent updates
549K 12.1K 126
Iron man and Spider-Man one shots ( that includes rest of the Avengers) What else is there to say? The first chapters of this book were written a lo...