Match Maid in Hell

By mizpanda

Evangeline. An innocent, sweet maid with a tragic past. Seth. An arrogant, rude jerk with a troubled past. Wh... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Image?
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
QnA
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Announcement
Lmao
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
What?
Done
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
MATCH MAID IN HELL SEQUEL
SEQUEL IS UP
MMIH 2: Preview
MMIH 2: Preview 2
New MMIH/MIL series

Chapter Twenty Seven

141K 6.1K 1.6K
By mizpanda

Okay, I'ma need to go back to my updates once every two days. I've been uploading my books daily just because it was the weekend *dies*

Enjoy! DON'T FORGET TO COMMMMMMMENT!!

(Not edited)

-------------

I stared at the ceiling in fear.

Of course I had a nightmare.

I knew I'd have a nightmare.

It was different, it didn't include Mr. Tyrese... it included Brahms. The evil thing from the movie 'The Boy' that I had seen with Nick.

I told him! I knew I'd be scared. I let out a silent, groan, pushing myself up in bed. My heart stopped when I saw a dark item to my right.

I almost screamed before I realized it was my dress hung up. I allowed my breathing to slow down, before putting my hand to my forehead.

I tried to shut my eyes to go back asleep but I knew it wasn't possible. My eyes would flash open and my body would jolt at any sound that came.

Yes, I was scared of the creatures that lurked in the night, fake or not.

I gripped the covers tightly, how the hell do I go asleep? Did I have to stay awake all night in fear?

I hesitated. 

I debated of cleaning the house, thinking that would distract me before realizing that was an idiotic idea. 

Yes, just go around the dark house while an evil doll spies on you.

Stop thinking!!

I pushed myself from the bed. I needed to wash my face, clear my head. I grabbed my jacket, even though my journey was just to the bathroom. 

It wasn't that I was cold, I just... after seeing the movie. I did not feel like being spied on with just a tank top, even if it covered all the necessaries. 

I almost sprinted to the near by bathroom. I turned on the light and closed the door quietly behind me. My eyes examined the room, just to make sure nothing would kill me. When the coast was clear I went and did my business then washed my hands.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. Suddenly I panicked, I would see some scary thing over my shoulder. My mind was going wild just because of a horror movie. I turned on the cold water, allowing it to run for a minute.

I quickly splashed some on my face. I re-opened my eyes and let out a relieved breath when no spooky thing popped up in the mirror. I grabbed the towel next to me and wiped my face.

I debated on even having a shower.

My mind flashed to a scene I saw where the girl was in the shower and-

Stop thinking of these things!

Just go back to your room, close your eyes and make it through the night.

Honestly, I'd feel safer if  was tossed into a ring with a tiger. I pulled the door open and screamed a scream that ripped my throat. I jumped back, covering my eyes from the figure.

"Evie?" The voice that came was full of concern and not a doll's squeaky voice.

My body calmed down, but my breath was still raspy. I peeked open my eyes to find a shocked Seth staring at me.

"I- I heard a noise, so I came to check... Are you alright?"

"Uhm... yea" I tried to bring my breathing pace back to normal, "I just...  I'll try be quiet next time. I'm really sorry"

His eyes fixed on me and I felt trapped. I stared back at him, "C-can I go to bed?"

ASK HIM CAN YOU SLEEP WITH HIM! HE'LL PROTECT YOU.

More like kill me. Oh my god, maybe he's a killer.

"Yeah... if you need me, call me I guess"

I guess...

That meant he clearly didn't want to be called unless one hundred percent necessary.

"Sure, thank you" I dried my eyes that I didn't realize were wet from the lining of tear that almost fell. I brushed past him, silently. 

The trek back to my room felt safer because I felt his presence.

I wasn't alone.

I returned the bedroom, closing the door slightly behind me. Closed enough, so there was just a slight crack so in case a demon doll chased me, I wouldn't be trapped in.

I lay back in the bed, throwing my head against the pillow. I glared up at the ceiling, telling myself not to move or look at anything, no matter what noise came from it.

It was easier said than done. How did I expect myself to go like this through the night? I was so stressed and scared, I wouldn't be able to sleep.

This stuff always happened to me that if I wasn't about to pee myself I'd be laughing. 

It was another two minutes before I heard the bathroom close and Seth return to his room. The uneasiness returned, knowing he was asleep again. 

If he was a heavy sleeper, I couldn't wake him and we'd both be murdered.

Calm down, it was a movie.

If only I could.

I glanced at my alarm clock after what seemed like two hours, only to notice twenty minutes had passed... HOW THE HELL? It was not just twenty minutes, no way.

As I argued with myself in my head, a weird sound came from the window. I jumped a mile and sat up in the bed, my eyes widened. No shadow or anything appeared at the window but as I was sat up, I tugged the covers up to hide out of my face. I couldn't help but to let a short squeal when it happened.

My stomach turned when a creak noise came from my left. I snapped my head toward the door but nothing. I held my breath, trying to hear noises.

I almost passed out, vomited and pee'd myself all at the same time when the door slowly opened. "DON'T KILL ME" I screeched. I pulled my pillow and threw it out the door in fear.

The figure appeared, only to be hit in the face with a pillow. It wasn't the tiny demon doll. It was Seth. Again.

My hand went to my mouth.  I didn't know whether to be relieved or worried I just hit him with something.

"S-Seth, oh my god. I'm sorry! I didn't-"

"It's a pillow, relax" His voice was husky. If a voice came from a gorgeous angel, it was his tired voice. He switched on my light and I had to blink several times to let my eyes focus.

"What's up with you?" He studied me, "Please tell me you didn't wet yourself"

My face grew hot, "I didn't wet myself! I just... I don't know"

"Did you have a nightmare?"

I watched him for a moment before opening my mouth, "Kind of. I saw a scary movie with Nick.... 'The Boy'"

"And you're terrified... because of a movie?" His eyebrows were raised. Hearing him say that, made me feel way more embarrassed than I already was.

"It was super scary" I mumbled.

"You can't sleep"

I shook my head slowly, "I'm thinking of pulling an all nighter. Maybe tidy or something?"

His brows pulled together but no words came. I watched him silently, patiently waiting for him to talk. Suddenly he sighed and leaned against the door, "Want to see something cool?"

"Something cool?" I felt like he was about to say some sarcasm.

He nodded his head.

"What's that?"

"It would be better if I showed you"

"What? Showed me?" I stood up. 

"Get dressed" He nodded to my closet, "And get a warm coat"

"What why?"

"Because we're going to see something cool, idiot"

"Outside?"

"It's only a fifteen minute drive since there's no traffic"

My eyes widened, "Seth, it's three or four AM in the morning! Something like that!" I sat back down on the bed, "This is a joke again"

He shook his head, "It's not a joke. You're not going back to sleep, right? We might as well go... like you said I kind of took your night away from you"

I just stared at him in shock. Was he serious?

"Get dressed before I change my mind" He rolled his eyes, "I'm going to get my clothes" He left without another word.

I tried to wipe the small smile off my face but somehow it refused to disappear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238 2 2
if you were Asa would you leave the love of your life to protect her thinking she's better off without you but what if you end up doing is killing he...
1.2K 1 68
Millie is caught in between her old life and new. She stayed in an apartment to be nearby her drug addict father until he passed. Although she is dev...
1.5M 75.4K 113
In which, a paranoid schizophrenic vows to avenge his fiancee's death by taking revenge on the woman who Killed her. _____________ A modern day depic...
37.6K 642 36
~COMPLETED~ ~~~ "Say my name." He says into my ear. He presses even closer to me, and I feel everything. Everything. "Ash." I gasp. He picks me up a...