Chapter Thirty Nine

Only on page 76 of the assignment. 24 to go :'(

Enjoy and comment! they cheer me up 

Not edited

---

"Come on, you have to know at least one person to bring. I NEED TO SHOUT OUT MY PREGNANCY TO EVERYONE" I laughed at Milania on the other end of the line.

I had woke up this morning to Seth returning the phone and giving me the day off, due to the small event tonight.

Now I was on the phone to Milania.

"You seem different, does being pregnant do that to you?"

"I just feel so happy, having my own little mini me in my stomach" She laughed, "Maybe try it out fo-"

"No thank you" I quickly directed the conversation somewhere else, "you still don't know the gender yet right?"

"Nope" She sighed, "Xander thinks it's a girl, I think a boy. I'm nervous about it all"

"Ooh what if it's twins?"

The line was quiet for a moment, "Let's not go there. I'm still trying to prepare for one."

"You never know"

"Anyway, so you have nobody in mind?"

"The only person I can think of, Seth won't let me invite him"

"Oh?" The confusion in her voice was clear, "Him..?"

"Wait! I met a girl recently, her name's Sofia. We aren't really close but she's really chill"

"Great, invite her! Is Seth bringing any one?"

"I'll be surprised if he does" I spoke honestly, "What's the attire tonight?"

"I'm wearing a casual dress but you can wear jeans, I don't mind. It's not formal since we're going to a bar or club, whatever it is.. I think bar?"

"I might wear a dress as well" I said my thoughts aloud, "Hey, I'm going to ask Sofia if she's free. It might be a late notice though so she could have work"

"Sure, I'll see you later. Remember, six pm"

"Okey dokey, bye"

The line dropped and I pulled the phone away. I went through my contacts and pulled Sofia's number up.

After hitting dial, I brought it up to my ear, humming to myself while waiting.

"Hiya!" She chirped out of nowhere, "This is Eva and not her boss, right?"

I smiled, "Yeah, It's me"

"You got your phone back! So, What's up?" She looked so shy and quiet the first day I saw her.

"Uhm... there's this thing I'm invited to tonight and the girl who's hosting it told me to bring a friend... are you free? It's totally okay if you aren't" I mumbled. I was so bad at inviting people.

"Me?" She sounded surprise, "You want me to go..? WOW THATS AWESOME. Tha"

"So....?" I didn't no if that was a yes or no.

No response came for a minute, "Damn. I made plans to go out with my boyfriend tonight and it would be rude to cancel"

I remember Milania told me to bring two or three friends. So it would be fine to invite her boyfriend to probably. I could text Milan after and ask.

"Uhm I'm pretty sure she'd let you bring your boyfriend. She said I could invite two people"

"Wow... She's super nice. Sure, then I'm able to go!"