Chapter Fifty Five

Second last chapter :). I'm gonna write a note on the next chapter and let you know what's going on. Enjoy!

-------

"Seth" Doctor Fisher welcomed me. They all knew me by my first name, "Not a surprise to see you"

"Yeah" I muttered, not bothering to inform him this could be the last time in a while. I was probably scaring Evie, or creeping her out when I casually sat outside her room.

I traveled past the reception and to my relief I saw Nurse Ivy come out of the lounge with a plate in her hand. She glanced up and met my sight, a smile appearing on her face.

"Seth, Xander" She smiled.

"Hey Ivy, how's Peter?" He referred to her husband that had recently had a heart attack.

"Much better"  Her smile was bright, "I'm surprised you've come today as well"

"I have a favor I need to ask, Ivy" Confusion appeared on her face and an unsure look. Finally she asked what it was.

"When Evie's asleep can you please let me into her room?"

"Seth..."

"Please. I just want to leave this for her. Myself. See her one last time"

"Wait, what? What do you mean one last time?" Her brow furrowed.

"She doesn't want me here. She's being discharged soon and knowing her, she'll get a restraining order" I begged her through my eyes.

She nibbled on her lip, I could see she was nervous. But of course, her heart won, "Fine. Okay. She's asleep now..."

Now?

I thought I'd have time to prepare. 

Was I seriously scared to see her? Even when she was just asleep.

"Are you ready?" Xander nudged me, "Don't be a baby"

I nudged him back, harder, "Of course I am"

Ivy nodded her head, and led me to the room. Xander followed behind but I knew he'd stay outside so I'd be alone with her.

Ivy opened the door quietly and Evie didn't even flinch. I took a breath, frozen on the spot until Xander pushed me in. I turned back to scowl at him but before I knew it, Ivy had shut the door.

I was alone with her.

I turned to face the bed. Her lips were a bright pink, she almost looked like a porcelain doll. Her blonde hair was wavy, a strand fell into her face. I missed seeing her bright blue eyes but at the moment I was glad I couldn't see them. 

It meant she wasn't awake.

The needle in her hand was connected to the drip. She had a hospital gown on and her breathing was even. The marks on her face and bruises were slowly but surely disappearing.

No signs of bruising but there was still a mark on her cheek that had to be stitched up that day. I glanced down to the three legged plushie in my hand. I almost wanted to keep it, but I couldn't.

I walked over silently to her bed, placing it next to her. I pulled back gently as not to wake her. The urge to plant a small kiss on her forehead was impossible to handle.

Sleeping beauty literally defined her right now.

Oh god, I was serious gone soft.

I brushed my hand through my messy hair. I couldn't touch her, hug her or anything in the small chance she'd wake up.