Chapter Twelve

I might slow down with updates. Asking me in PM to update does not help you in anyway. Here you go llamas <3

(Not edited)

------------------------------------------

I kept the warm towel held to my eye. It was two days since Seth had said I was beautiful and call me weird but I kept thinking about it.

It was rare I got complimented, especially from someone like him. It made my stomach flip anytime I thought of it. I let out a groan, kicking out one of my legs. He was just trying to make you feel better.

"Evie" I hopped up and looked at him at my door. He had a p*ssed off look on his face. Did I mention he was back to his usual self?

"Sir?" I asked but just when I spoke his phone rang in his hand. He glance down to it with a frustrated expression. Ignoring me, he answered it, leaning against my door frame.

I tugged my eyes away from him, picking my phone up and pretending to do something on it.

"Listen, tell Henry- No. I am not going! Do you understand?" He waited for the other person to reply and he pushed out a fake laugh, "And why the hell would I go? So I can force a fake smile to my 'family'?"

The other person spoke for a while and just when I looked back to Seth, his eyes snapped to mine. I turned away immediately. "Why do you want her?"

After the other person spoke, Seth walked over and gave me the phone. My eyes wide, I brought the phone up to my ear, "H-hello?"

"Evangeline. Nice talking to you again."

"Uhm, you too Sir" It was his father. The man I wasn't really fond of. The man who just threw me into a cage with a beast.

"My family... Well my cousin, you know him, Henry is throwing a party for all of his relations. I'd like to invite you to come, even if Seth doesn't"

I blinked, honestly confused at the invite.

"Me? You want me to go? Not to be rude, but why?"

"Well, you work for Seth so technically your part of the family. I've also been informed that you're friend, Milania is going. I'd love you to come, even if Seth doesn't. I'll organize a lift for you"

"U-uhm... I don't know what to say. Thank you so much for the invite" I felt Seth's gaze on me, "When is it?"

"Three days. I'll give you a day to think about it then call you back, alright?"

"Yes, thank you Sir"

"Alright pass me back to Seth, please" I held out my shaky hand and Seth took it from me in a flash. He left the room, bringing the phone up to his ear then shutting my door hard behind him.

I smiled slightly, I was technically family? That made absolute no sense but I wasn't going to say no.

My phone beeped and my smile grew wider when I noticed it was Nick. I opened the text. I had asked him for advice, what it meant and stuff if a guy called you beautiful. He informed me if it came out of no-where, he was just trying to get into your pants or they said it because they felt they had to.

That's why I tried to not think much of when Seth complimented me. He felt bad for me.

'You free today?'

My heart quickened and it felt like it was about to pop out of my throat. I typed back quickly.

'Why?'

The wait for Nick's reply felt like eternity when it was actually only about two minutes. This was considered a slow text for him. He was one of the only people I knew that replied so quickly.