Starr Academy: Year Three

By Katherin3Coitier

It's Hope's final year in Starr Academy. What does this year bring the newly single magical girl? If the firs... More

Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 1
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 2
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 3
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 4
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 5
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 7
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 8
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 9
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 10
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 11
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 12
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 13
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 14
Starr Acdemy: Year Three- Chapter 15
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 16
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 17
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 18
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 19
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 20
Starr Acadmy: Year Three- Chapter 21
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 22
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 23
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 24
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 25
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 26
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 27
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 28
Starr Academy:Year Three- Chapter 29
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 30
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 31
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 32
Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 33
Starr Academy: Year Three- Epilogue
Starr Academy: Year Three- Author's Note

Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 6

15.7K 356 39
By Katherin3Coitier

Six

    I humphed where I was draped over a shoulder. Rod thought it would be fun to call Stark and Stan to get me out of my room. A room I’d stayed in for the past two days trying to figure out what was still eating at me. Rod and Franklin tried to get me out of my room, hence the buff twosome.

    Stark just came into my room, smiled, and threw me over his shoulder. His brother grabbing my surfboard and my bag with all my surfing stuff. Stan grinning just as brood as he followed behind with my board under his arm and my bag over his shoulder. I know he had stuffed my towel in my bag before he left my room.

    Stark didn’t put me down till we were on the twin’s boat. He set me down on the upholstered back seat before he sat down next to me. His brother shaking his head as he set my board down. My brother and Franklin hopping on too.

    “It’s so not far you grabbed her first.” Stan went to the driver’s seat and started the boat.

    Stark just grinned at me. “Not my fault you were too slow.” He winked at me. “You’ll have to be faster than that to steal such a beauty away from me.”

    I blushed as he pulled me to him as his brother maneuvered us away from the dock and out into the open waters. Stark made sure I stayed nice and warm from the cool breeze that came off the water and the strong winds as we sped off to somewhere.

    “Did you like getting stolen away?”

    I looked to Stark and bit my lip. “Guess my guys didn’t like me staying in my room.”

    He raised an eyebrow. “I have to say that I’m curious why you’d not want to enjoy yourself. You’re in Hawaii in a beautiful villa that most wish to stay in. What could have you staying in your room for two days straight from what they tell us?”

    Looking down, I shrugged. “A few months ago I broke up with my first ever boyfriend. I just can’t get over it and I don’t know why.”

    He lifted my chin. “Sorry to hear that. You were really hooked on the guy, weren’t you?” I nodded. “So who was he?”

    I looked to my brother who was talking with Stan as he drove before I looked back to Stark. “He’s actually the one who got us here and is paying for everything.”

    Stark sat back. “Whoa whoa whoa. You’re talking about Marek Knightly? You were his girlfriend. What did he do to lose you?”

    Sighing, I looked out to the water that was so gorgeous. “It wasn’t his fault really. He was bewitched by a fellow student to make him believe that she was me. To him, she was. He treated her exactly like he did me.” A deep breathe. “Her actions nearly killed me because my soul shattered because of a potion that I was forced to take the year before.”

    “Now I understand, but you can’t deny yourself fun. He’s wanting you to have fun or he wouldn’t have brought you to Hawaii or had me and my brother give your mother and you massages.”

    I giggled. “She wasn’t my mother. Just a wonderful woman who took me in when my family was being...”

    “You can say it Hope. Bastards.” Rod shrugged. “We were and there’s nothing wrong with speaking the truth.”

    I frowned at him. “But you’re not now.”

    He raised his finger. “I’m not, they still are.”

    Stark looked at my brother. “So do you surf?”

    Rod shook his head. “Nah. Hope promised to teach me though.” He smiled at me. “You up to it today?”

    “I don’t know.”

    “I think she needs to be pushed into it. Let’s not let her doubt herself out of it.” Stark looked mischievous as the boat slowed. “We’re at one of the best surfing beaches in all Hawaii. Too bad we’ll have to paddle and surf our way onto the beach.”

    He sprang to his feet and pulled me out. Stan placed my board in the water as Stark put my bag on my shoulders. He lifted me up before he tossed me into the water. I surfaced and frowned at him as I went over to my board. Two more surf boards followed and three of the four guys were in the water too. Rod climbed onto my board with me. He must be riding with me to shore.

    Stark leaned over the railing of the boat. “I’ll be with you guys in a little. Just have to dock the boat at the peer a little away from the beach. That’s why you’re paddling to shore.” He winked. “Have fun and show your big brother how you handle the waves.”

    Stan waved to his brother before he started paddling. Franklin shrugged and he followed. Rod smiled when I looked over my shoulder at him. We leaned over together paddling together. Rod got used to the rhythm very quickly and was smiling the whole time.

    When it came to the waves, Rod seemed a bit scared. I told him he just have to hold on to me and I’ll guide him to the beach safely. When it came to standing, I had to hold him tight to me so we didn’t topple into the wave because he was just a bit unbalanced. Thankfully I had a water element and made the ride that much more smoother for him, and me.

    “Oh my gawd!” My brother sank to his knees before twisting and laying on the sand. The biggest smile on his face I’ve ever seen.

    I giggled at him. “Still want me to teach you to surf?”

    “YES!” He sat up. “That was such a rush. And you did it with me on the same board. Holy Shit!”

    Stan set his board in the sand next to mine smiling. “She’s a born water child.” He winked.

    At the luau, I had told the twins that my brother didn’t know about magic yet. They were shook but understood. It wasn’t unusual for a family to have one who accepted the true world and some who don’t. My big brother was ready where my little brother wasn’t. I don’t think Derek ever will be ready for that kind of knowledge.

    Rod laughed. “And what am I?”

    I smiled at my brother. “I’d say you have more fire in you than anything.”

    Stan laughed. “I’d say. He seemed afraid on the board with all the water around him.”

    I yelped as Stan threw me over his shoulder. “If you two will excuse us, I think this beauty needs to meet some of my friends.”

    Laughing, I held on to his waist and lifted up a little. “And why am I on your shoulder?”

    He laughed too as he shrugged. “Stark got to do it earlier and I wanted a turn to carry you around.”

    “There are other ways to carry me you know.”

    Another yelp as he tossed me up and then I was in his arms. A blush going across my cheeks. “You’re right. This is so much better.”

~~~

    The twins did help me just be myself and how to enjoy surfing again. Stan helped me teach my brother how to surf with Stark helping too. Rod seemed to take longer than Franklin had to catch on. Maybe because Franklin knew exactly where his down falls were because he was an earth type. We didn’t know Rod’s elements yet.

    After lunch which some of the others brought for the group, Stan and Stark stole me away from the guys. Both Rod and Franklin were happy to hang out with the beach babes that were liking their attention right back. The twins told me they had a special surprise to show me that only those in Hawaii know how to get to.

    They led me through the forest. Each taking a turned to help me over either a tree or up a small cliff that was in our path. Neither telling me what the actual destination was because it would have ruined the surprise. I didn’t mind being surprised. They promised it would all be worth it.

    When the trees gave way to a steep yet short cliff to a lagoon hidden within the forest, I knew this was the surprise. The water below was what I always pictured the water element would look like in physical form. The true circular of the lagoon, the deep yet bright aqua color of the water. The white sand that ringed the western side of the lagoon.

    “Just wait. There’s more to this surprise.” Stark took my hand and helped me over to where the cliff over hung the water. He smiled at me before he let go of my hand and dove into the deep water.

    I looked at Stan. “I take it the surprise is in the water.”

    He smiled. “Of course. You can’t meet them without being in their element with them.” He kissed my cheek before he back flipped off the cliff and the water rose to embrace him. I giggled because he was just showing off to me.

    Taking a deep breathe, I dove into the water below. The water embracing me as if I was one of it’s children. The water feeling warm around me even after I surfaced. Warmth like a real mother’s love.

    The guys sat on some rocks just out of the water. Stark held up his hand to me when I was about to leave the water to join them. “You can’t meet them out here. Stay in the water.”

    Stan walked toward me with an expression on his face that I didn’t understand. He should be happy about the surprise, but something was off. “Stark told me that you broke up with your boyfriend.”

    My heart clenched as he treaded over to me. He took my hand and pulled me over to a set of stones that laid underneath the water. Lifting me up, he sat me down on on of the rocks. “Why...?”

    He took my face in his hands. “You need to know that those who live in this lagoon know all about the kind of sadness you have in your heart.” He placed his hand over my heart. “They used to be like us till that sadness helped them make the transition into what they have become.” He sat next to me. “If you were to come alone, you most likely would give up being who you are and become a true, pure daughter of the water with them if you wanted to have the sadness go away.”

    He smiled now. “But with us with you, they can help ease some of the pain. This is the true surprise we wanted to give you.” He looked out and I did too.

    My breathe caught as the water shifted. Figures danced under the surface and came our way. Stan slipped around me and stood behind me on the other side of the rock. I could feel my heart beating fast as the waist high water started splashing my chest.

    The figures slipped around us, circling us. As they passed, I saw what they were. Mermaids. The twins have brought me to see mermaids. One of several mythical beings that were once human like us, but choose to be something else. Now I understood why he warned me about seeing them alone with so much sadness.

    One of the female mermaids surfaced in front of me and a few beside me. They drifted over to me, reaching a hand out each to touch me. The one in front of me placed a hand over my heart and she frowned.

    Her hand moved away from my heart and then her hands were in mine. She pulled me from the rock and the others helped her drift me to the center of the lagoon. There, she placed a hand on my forehead and moved it down over my face. My eyes closing as she did.

    They shifted me so I laid on the surface of the water. My ears below the surface. I could hear their melody and it was so beautiful. The ones around me stretched out my arms as the melody turned surreal. It was as if they were taking my sadness into them and this was the sound of it.

    Slowly my heart started to feel lighter. Less burdened. Less pained as it had been since I woke from nearly dying. The sound of their song changing as my sadness changed. The waters around me swirling as they were circled me. The water rising up lifting me higher. I could feel they were doing this to help me. I could also feel that they were holding back knowing I wasn’t alone.

    Suddenly the song stopped and my eyes snapped opened. I gasped as I fell back into the water and sank some. My eyes closing tight before I hit the water again. Under the surface, I opened my eyes as I hung there not surfacing just yet. I felt no danger of drowning.

    The mermaid that had touched my heart ‘stood’ before me as I ‘stood’ before her. She smiled. “You need not worry about that sadness again. We have added your notes to our song.” Her voice was beautiful as her words swirled around me in the water.

    She giggled as she clamped a hand over my mouth when I was about to speak as if I could. “You have not the ability to breathe underwater, so you shouldn’t try speaking.” I gave her a smile and she removed her hand.

    She took my hands and led me to the surface of the lagoon. I took a deep breathe as two male mermaids held me up. I gave them a smile of gratitude. One returned it before he left me with the other one who took me back to the twins.

    Stan took me from the merman and he held me with his brother as we watched the mermaids leave the lagoon. Now I could hear their song outside of the water. Their song making me smile and lean my head onto Stark’s shoulder. It was just that beautiful.

    Once all the mermaids left, the guys and I laid on the huge rock on the beach. I had my eyes closed and just feeling the world around me. I actually felt like myself now without the sadness. There was a speck of sadness left, but not the huge weight there was before. The mermaids did that for me. Stan had said after the mermaids left that they use the sadness of others to keep themselves young and alive. It’s the sadness that makes them immortal. I just gave them more to live off of.

    It’s not just the sadness that they ‘feed’ off of. Apparently when they turn another, it’s more... potent. That’s why they want someone to come alone when they’re sad. That is their ‘nectar’ so to speak. The essence of one’s life being changed to another. That’s what they find the sweetest to keep themselves alive.

    I giggled when Stark shifted and looked down at me. He smiled. “Did we do good?”

    Smiling up at him, I nodded. “I never knew mermaids existed here.”

    He nodded too. “Not many know about this place. It’s one of several places around the world that mermaids still can be found in.” His smile faded a little. “When you told me on the boat about you and your ex, I thought of this place.”

    Stan smacked his brother’s shoulder still laying down. “This jerk didn’t tell me we were bringing you here till an hour beforehand.”

    His brother shook his head before he looked down at me. “So, anyways.” He gave me a nervous grin. “We were thinking of keeping you and your brothers for a party our friends normally go to.” He blushed a little. “It’s the party I told you to call me when you were up for one.” He looked cute begging with his eyes. “Are you up for it?”

    I leaned up and kissed his cheek. “I think I am now.”

    He smiled so bright you’d think it was the sun. “You get to really buggy down with us tonight till the sun rises again.”

~~~

    The party was amazing with the twins and the guys. I did have to correct the twins about Franklin. They were kind of shocked he wasn’t my brother. They had assumed it most of the time with how we act with each other. But they were more than happy that Franklin was just my best friend.

    At the moment, I was sitting in front of the huge bon fire relaxing after dancing for hours with the twins. Stan was somewhere dancing with a gorgeous girl from Australia and he looked like he was really into her. I think her name was Kaysie. I kind of hoped he’d fall for her as they looked so good together.

    “Here.” Stark handed me a red plastic cup. I looked inside and he chuckled. “Don’t worry, just water.”

    I giggled. “Sorry.”

    He shook his head as he sat down next to me on the drift wood. “I know some guys that hand a girl they like a beer in the hopes of getting lucky. I’m not like one of those guys.”

    Blushing, I took a big gulp of the water. “So you’re not hoping to get lucky?”

    He blushed too. “Well... Lucky in the sense of maybe you hanging out with me more this summer.” He looked at me with puppy eyes.

    I bit my lip. “Maybe...”

    Stark touched my cheek and turned me to him. He leaned over to me. My heart pounding as he came closer to me and pulling me slightly to him.

Marek’s Point of View

    I can’t believe Daren dragged me to a party. He knows that I’m not in the mood for something like this. Especially with my nose taped and purple from when Hope’s brother punched me the other day. I was physically and mentally not fit for a party.

    Raising my hand, I gulped down the beer I was handed. My hand still as shock ran down my spine. Hope. She was here and with another guy. I knew I should have known, but I had hope that maybe she’d get back with me by the end of the summer.

    My heart clenching as he touched her cheek and then was leaning in. They were going to kiss. Hope kissing someone else that I had to turn away before they did. I couldn’t take it. Not like this.

    Rising from the drift wood, I went in search of my sister and her soon-to-be-husband. I couldn’t stand being here while she was with someone else. Hope was a single girl and could date anyone they wanted. I had no say in anything even if i wanted to go over there and beat the crap out of the guy.

    This must have been what she felt like, but it must have been ten times worse. She had been under that trust potion. To see the one she trust with another must have been beyond what I’m feeling right now.

    I found Daren and tapped his shoulder. He frowned when he turned to me. “What’s up bro?”

    “I want to go.”

    He pouted. “Come on. Just loosen up and dance with a girl.”

    I glared at him. “Hope’s here and with a guy.”

    He stopped the little dancing he was doing and sighed. “Damn.” He looked at my sister. “Sorry babe, looks like we should take this back to the villa.”

    She pouted but didn’t say anything thankfully. Feria knew how much I still love Hope and just want to crawl on my knees to beg her to take me back. They were the ones to hold me back or find me when I go to their villa and just look up at her from the trees. I know how desperate I sound, but I can’t help being so close to her and not wanting to see her. Even if it was from a distance.

Hope’s Point of View

    I pulled away at the last second and looked down. “Sorry.” Looking up at him, he seemed a little puzzled. “I don’t think I’m ready to kiss anyone just yet.”

    “Ahh.” He nodded and turned to the fire. “I should be the one saying sorry.”

    I put my hand in his. “You’re a very sweet guy, just don’t go so fast with me.”

    He smiled at me and kissed my hand. “Can we still hang out this summer?”

    Leaning over, I kissed his cheek. “Of course.”

    He smiled back and we just talked for the rest of the party. We did end up staying up till the sun came up. Not many did. He held me from behind as I sat between his legs as the sun rose from the horizon. I was more than happy to have experienced this time with Stark and thankful he and his brother took me to the mermaids. They were the best to help me like that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379K 7.6K 29
Hope has finally started college after her summer long adventure with Franklin, her best friend. Now she will discover life outside of Starr Academy...
56.1K 2.1K 25
The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted. The Mikaelson Academy for the Elite and Superior. Two schools. A decade-old rivalry. What happens when...
3.5K 1K 35
"You're dangerous, when they find out about you," She said leaning closer, "They won't show mercy!" "I don't know," Dahlia whispered, her heart p...
257 90 12
❝I want no tomorrow if it means a daylight without him...Your cold came to tame my insatiable flames and now, all I'm left with is the longing of the...