Beautiful Mistakes {Zayn M.}

By fearless_1D

Rosemary Collins is your typical twenty year old college girl. She has a bright future ahead of her, and ever... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Author's note

Chapter 16

1.2K 48 15
By fearless_1D

I nervously sat in the corner booth of the little cafe all by myself. I was waiting for Zayn and McKenzie to arrive so we could have a proper meeting instead of the awkward run in a couple weeks ago.

It was Saturday afternoon and I didn't really want to meet McKenzie today. Bryden had called me earlier in the day to tell me he was home. I was going over to his apartment later so we could get the conversation over with. The anticipation of that only added to my nerves.

I was absent mindedly stirring sugar into my ice tea when I heard someone clear their throat next to me. My head turned to see Zayn with a small smile on his face. McKenzie was next to him.

"Hey." I tried to sound enthusiastic about this whole meeting. I stood up from my seat to greet them.

"Hi Rose." Zayn gave me a comforting hug. "You remember McKenzie."

"Yeah. Hi. How are you?" I sat back down. Zayn and McKenzie sat across from me.

"I'm good." She said. McKenzie looked a little uncomfortable.

"That's good to hear." I responded.

The three of us sat in silence until the waiter came over to take our orders. When he left, I decided that talking about something would be better than sitting here looking like three losers.

"So, Zayn," He looked at me, "How is the new album going?"

"It's going pretty good. We've been writing more songs for this one so I think it will be a bit more personal." Zayn stated.

"Really?" McKenzie sounded intrigued. "That is so cool Maybe you could write a song about a certain someone." She was batting her long eyelashes, and touching Zayn's arm. The whole sight of her showing affection made me want to puke.

Zayn laughed and softly pecked her cheek. That made me want to puke even more. I took a sip from my tea to hide my disgust.

"How are you feeling, Rose?" Zayn asked, switching subjects. It took me a few seconds to realize he was talking about me being pregnant. Of course he was asking how I was feeling though. Zayn had made it very clear he was going to be with me every step of this journey.

"Oh, uh, fine. Um, the morning sickness comes and goes, but it's bearable." I informed him. Everything had been pretty easy so far.

It looked like Zayn was going to say something, but McKenzie decided to cut into the conversation. "Rose. I am so sorry for what happened last week. I never meant to embarrass you like that. I didn't know your boyfriend didn't know anything about your situation." She was being really sincere and apologetic.

"Oh, McKenzie don't worry about it. It's fine. Really. This all had to come out sooner or later. You actually took some of the stress off me because I did not know how I was going to share the news with everyone." I joked. That part was true though. Telling Bryden was the thing that had been on my mind the most. Now I was going to have to tell him everything later on today.

"Are you sure? I mean, your boyfriend seemed like, really upset." She continued.

My eyes fell to my lap. "Yeah. He is. I should have never done what I did." I said quietly.

"Who did you cheat on him with?" The words came out of McKenzie's mouth too fast.

I snapped my heat up and glared at her.

"McKenzie!" Zayn whispered loudly and nudged her side.

"Sorry." She muttered. There was a sadness in her eyes. She felt bad. "I shouldn't have asked that."

"No. You shouldn't have." I bit back. Zayn kicked me under the table. "Ow!" I kicked him in return. "I mean, it's okay. I guess." I took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly. "It's just . . . still kind of a touchy subject."

"Oh. Well, we don't need to talk about it then. Not the whole man situation anyway." She smiled at me. "What I do want to know is when that little bundle of joy will be here."

I laughed at her word choice. As of right now, that "little bundle of joy" had been everything but that.

"February twenty-first. I'm seven weeks right now." I informed her. My gaze went to Zayn who was smiling at me. "What?" I asked him. McKenzie was looking at him now too.

Zayn snapped out of his little moment and cleared his throat. "Nothing. I'm still shocked you're going to be a mom. That's all."

"Me too." I said as our waiter came to the table with our food.

Lunch went surprisingly well. I learned a lot about McKenzie. She was a nice girl, and Zayn seemed to like her a lot. I decided that him seeing her wasn't a bad thing. It wasn't the most ideal situation, but they were happy. That's all I really wanted Zayn to be.

When we were done, Zayn insisted on paying the bill. I didn't want him to pay for me, but he said I needed to save my money for when the baby comes. He just keeps surprising me with everything concerning the baby. I know he is going to be a great dad.

McKenzie and I were gossiping and laughing about different things as we walked out of the restaurant. We stopped to wait for Zayn who was kindly holding the door fo an older couple. A few seconds later he was standing next to us.

I looked at my watch and realized I was supposed to meet Bryden in an hour. "I have to get going." I said to them. "It was nice finally getting to meet you though. " I told McKenzie.

"Likewise. I'm sure I'll see you again. Soon hopefully." She smiled and started to pull Zayn down the sidewalk towards his car.

"Actually," I quickly said, "Zayn, could you come with me for a second?"

"Yeah. Sure." He let go of McKenzie's hand and fished his keys out of his pocket. "Here." Zayn handed McKenzie the keys. "I'll be right there."

"Bye McKenzie." I waved to her and Zayn walked to my car with me.

"What's up?" Zayn asked as I opened the door of my car.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm going back to my parent's house next weekend. For their twenty fifth wedding anniversary." I said.

"Are you going to tell them?"Zayn leaned against the car.

"I was planning on it. I just don't know if it's a good idea because it's their anniversary."

"Now would be better. Don't want to drag it out too long. Before you know it people are going to be able to tell you're pregnant."

"I suppose. You know, I want you to tell your parents at some point too. They are going to be at the party. Maybe you should come back with me. We could tell everyone together." I suggested. He said he'd be there for me whenever. This was one of those times I needed him.

Zayn ran a hand through his hair. "I don't know Rose. They are going to freak when they find out."

"How do you think my family is gong to react? You know how I was raised." I felt tears forming in my eyes. My hormones were all out of whack and I was so much more emotional. "Please Zayn. I need you."

"Fine. I'll go." He could sense my frustration. "This isn't just for you though. It's for you too." I poked my flat stomach. "Grandma and Grandpa need to know about you."

"Thank you." I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You're welcome." Zayn ushered me into my car. "Now I have to go" I climbed into the drivers seat. "Bye Rose." He leaned in towards my stomach. "Bye baby. I love you." Zayn's next actions took me completely by surprise. He slowly lifted my shirt and pressed his warm, soft lips right under my belly button. My t-shirt was moved back to it's original position and Zayn stepped away from the car. He closed the door, and waved at me before walking back to his car.

"What?" I whispered to myself. All I could do was sit there, confused about what had just happened. It was cute that Zayn just did that, but it was weird. We weren't even together. I would have expected him to do that if we were in a relationship. Not as best friends though.

I decided to just let it slide for now. I had more important things to do. My next mission was to deal with Bryden. Nothing could prepare me for this meeting, so I started the car and began to drive across town to his apartment.

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Guess whose back? Back again? Shady's back. Tell a friend. Wow. I am so lame. Haha. I love Eminem though. Kind of unexpected from me that I like him, but I can't help it. It's a guilty pleasure I guess.

Anyway, I'M BACK! YAY! I just got home tonight and I couldn't not post this chapter. I'm sorry if it is kind of short. I wanted to write the whole Bryden part too, but I decided to save that for the next chapter. It will give you something to look forward to.

Gosh. I feel like I've missed so much. I had a lot of fun on my vacation. I'll spare you all the details because you don't care. What I will say is how awful it was for me to see everything that has happened with the boys over the last two weeks. I seriously have some major catching up to do. I missed Niall's twitcam, the premier, the Today Show, whatever other videos there are. I am going to watch them all though if it kills me. Haha. I'm going to bed now though because I am literally running off of 4 hours of sleep. That isn't a lot especially since I was in the car for 16 hours today. What was I doing? Lol.

And, I'm not sure if you saw, but I posted a video over there on the right. It's not a video video, but a lyric video to this song that I am totally obsessed with. It's called Play It Again by Luke Bryan. Go listen to it, and tell me what you think of it. I personally think it is perfect!

Oh, and before I go I am going to tell you that I start school on Monday so updates won't be as frequent as they were before I went on vacation. Maybe like once a week. I think I can manage that. Don't hold me to that though. School definitely comes first, but we all know how that goes. I'm sure I'll be on here more than I should, but hey. You guys keep me going.

Also, I am going to post the prologue to my new fan fiction soon. I will probably make a author's note in a new chapter reminding you all to go read it. You don't have to. I just know that some of you might want to read a new story.

But, as I said before. I'm off to bed. You are all amazing, and I seriously don't know what I would do without Wattpad.

Please comment. I like to see your feedback, and I always respond to them. I want to know what you think of the story. :)

COMMENT/VOTE/FOLLOW/TELL YOUR FRIENDS

XOXO 

~Nicole

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

426K 11.5K 58
Being a single mother is not easy. Especially when you start at the age of 18. Every guy would run away the minute they find out she has a daughter...
460K 6.6K 64
Jade Adelphia. Average brunette in California. Her younger sister, Saidi, is IN LOVE with One Direction, while Jade has never heard of their existenc...
31.1K 770 38
Alexis was a regular 18 year old girl. her life was totally normal. she went to school, had a boyfriend, had family. but what happens when something...
59.9K 1K 24
17 year old Kaylee is faced with major problems after her friend leaves nothing seems to be going right. Problem after problem appers, then she bumps...