Distant |Sakura Fanfiction|

By alexsaki

Description __________________ Sakura: J... More

Distant | A Sakura Fanfiction |
01 | Her Identification
02 | The History of Her Past
03 | Her Departure
04 | The Two Greedy Criminals
05 | The Lady Sannin
06 | The Legendary Pervert
07 | Her Necklace
08 | The Eyes of the Uchiha
09 | The Search Begins
10 | Their Warnings
11 | They Take Her
12 | His Deal
13 | Her Last
14 | They Know Her
15 | He Pays A Visit
16 | Her Sweet Home
17 | Team Kakashi
19 | The Suspicious Kakashi
20 | Her Secret
21 | She's Almost Exposed
22 | Their First Mission
23 | The Silent Killer
24 | They Meet Again
25 | The Chunnin Exams
26 | The Written Test
27 | The Forest of Death
28 | The Curse Mark
| What's Happened So Far |
29 | She Protects
30 | The Last Exams

18 | The Survival Test

4.2K 157 37
By alexsaki

18| The Survival Test

• • •

    Sakura woke to the birds chirping nosily outside. Today was the day of the test and she wasn't going to go now, knowing that Kakashi would come late. She decided to eat some breakfast even though Kakashi had forbidden it.

    She wasn't going to listen , because if they didn't eat breakfast how will they pass the test? After all she needed energy to win this 'test'.

    Sakura quickly took a shower and brushed her long hair to the side. After a new pair of clothes were worn, she headed out.

     The house seemed so empty, just her and no one else. Chi had been in her wolf form for quite some time refusing to get out in human form. Sakura wouldn't blame her after all the incidents that have happened in the past.

     Tsunade had also blocked her sharingan for quite a while so it wouldn't come out at most times. Sakura groaned loudly as the bright sun hit her eyes. Walking silently, she found herself on the roof accompined by Sasuke .

   "Good morning, Sakura-chan !" a cheery voice broke her train of thoughts.

    "Morning, Naruto,"she got an awkward stare from Naruto and she knew why. The other Sakura hadn't been treating him well .

    So she added a death glare so he wouldn't suspect  her. Even though he's dumb. So let it be that way.

   "Teme. . ." Naruto groaned with venom laced in his voice.

    "Dobe." Sasuke returned with the same voice and equal glare.

    Half an hour passed and still no sign of Kakashi .

    An hour. "I'm going home. After all Kakashi doesn't seem to be very sensei like, after all he had fallen for dobes lame prank. "
Sasuke exclaimed.

   "Shut up, teme. That prank was not lame. It was merely for fun and Kakashi sensei is . . . stupid ." Naruto added the last sentence  with much thought.

    Sakura shook her head as the two passed lightning between their eyes.

     Just as Naruto turned his back to walk home , a hand appeared on  his shoulder, causing him to yell and jump ten feet away.

    "Where do you think you're going, Naruto?", a mask smiling Kakashi asked with curiosity,

   "He-he, nowhere Kakashi sensei. I was going to find you. . . But you found me ha-ha", Naruto exclaimed with a sweatdrop, while itching his head in a nervous manner.

    Sasuke rolled his eyes and continued to stare at the trees.

    Sakura merely smiled and waved at the sensei.

     "You seem to be late, sensei", Sasuke said calmly.

     "Hmm. . . Oh yes , I had to help an old lady cross the street." He excalimed with a closed eye smile .

   He returned the answer with a 'hn' and shoved his hands into his pocket.

     "Well now that we are all here, its time to begin the test. Many student have failed this and well let's see how it goes with you. I have three bells." He said as he pulled out three bells connected to one string.

    "You will have to get one bell, if you get it, you pass. Only two are going to pass. One is going to be tied to that stump. But we'll see about that. You can use your Justus and such. No cheating will be accepted. The one who fails will be going back to the academy. There is also a timer. When it rings; the time is up.  Let's begin."

    Sasuke quickly dissapeared behind the trees. Meanwhile Naruto stood in front of Kakashi. "Fight me."

     Kakashi sweatdropped ,"You're a bit odd."

   A anime irk appeared on Narutos face. "The only thing odd is your hair!"

    He ran toward Kakashi, who was now pulling out a book. "Lesson number one: taijutsu."

   "Why are you pulling out a book?" Naruto asks.

   "I don't think  it will make a difference." Kakashi replied, bored.

    Naruto suddenly snapped and tried to hit Kakashi, who dodged every hit. Suddenly Kakashi appeared behind Naruto, crouching with a his fingers in a jutsu. "A ninja should always look out for his back."

    Naruto turned around, surprised. "Hidden Leaf Ancient  Taijutsu Supreme Technique: Thousand Years of Pain!"

       Sasuke and Sakura watched as Naruto flew in the air, the distance probably was five miles, and how he came back, head first in a river. Suddenly, Naruto clones jumped out of the water  attacking Kakashi.

      The smoke cleared off and Kakashi was pinned to the ground. Sakura raised her eyebrows in suprise. Who knew Naruto had skills? But it went as soon as Kakasi turned into Naruto.

   "B-but how?! He was right here! Kakashi sensei! That jutsu was so cool! You have to teach me that jutsu!" Naruto exclaimed while sneaking glances at Sasuke. Kakashi appeared with his book.

    "Don't even think about it, dobe." Sasuke said his voice laced with annoyance. "The only one who will be flying in the air first is you, idiot."

     Sasuke merely rolled his eyes and waved his hand in a rude manner.

      Naruto on the other hand was seething with anger . "Gah, I will one day dattebayo!"

   "Now if you're done dreaming , Naruto. You have a test to pass."

    Kakashi sensei said as he sighed with a sweatdrop.

    "Kakashi sensei you too?! And I thought you were on my side." Naruto said, shocked as anime tears started flowing out .

    Kakashi ignored the blond.

    "Continue with your test please."

     Sasuke started weaving handsigns. Which left Kakashi a bit shocked. Not exactly shocked, surprised. Genin couldn't exactly do jutsus. But what else would you expect of the Uchiha?

    "Fire style: fire ball jutsu!" Sasuke blew a ring of fire which Kakashi dodged easily.

   "Hmm. . . not bad for a genin ", Kakashi admitted surprised.

    Sakura sat in a tree watching the blonde as he weaved signs. "Shadow clone : shadow clone jutsu!", three Narutos popped out, one fell down and dissapeared with a poof. The others face looked dearanged. The third attacked Kakashi who turned around and stabbed it with a kunai. And poof he was gone too.

   Sakura was suddenly caught in a gen jutsu, where Sasukes head was separated from his body and stuck in the ground. She had to figure out a way to get out of it. This was definitely Kakashi's doing. She hadn't realized how hard she was pinching herself until the blood began to trickle down her leg. Seconds felt like minutes and minutes, hours. She was then surrounded by darkness.

     She was later awakened by Sasuke , who was hovering on top of her. She quickly got up.  She gritted her teeth in annoyance. Suddenly, it hit her. Kakashi wanted all three of them to work as a team. He was testing them. This test was nothing. He just wanted to see if they could work together or not.

      "Hey Sasuke", she called to his retreating back. He raised an eyebrow.

    "Ehm. . I think we uh . . should work together. "

     He scowled , "I don't need to work with the likes of you. You're pathetic and weak.  You're only going to slow me down. I don't need anyone when I can become stronger on my own." With that being said he walked off.

   Oh you son of a  . . .Uchiha! Cocky much? One day just you wait, I'll show you who's pathetic and weak. She thought.

      Sakura then walked to Naruto and asked the same thing. His reply was, "Sakura-chan! I will become hokage! In order for that I shall become strong! And I will show teme who's stronger! So I'm sorry I need to fight on my own! "

   Oh right. And also in order to become hokage, you had to be clever and smart. What a sweet boy. Not. Well I'll just have to get it on my own then. She jumped to hide behind a bush. "What the hell!" Sakura peaked and saw Naruto hanging upside down from the tree.

    Sakura observed her sensei. Hmm. . . he's always reading that book. What's his weak point? And why did he have his left eye covered?

    She weaved hand signs quietly as possible. "Haruno style: Dark Blossoms." The jutsu usually showed some people of the past. Suddenly pink petals began to shower the area. Naruto and Sasukes gaze lifted in the sky. As well as Kakashi's.

     The pink petals had turned blood red and swirled slowly around each person. Naruto fell asleep while Sasuke struggled to stay awake. Kakashi stood far away and slowly he removed the cloth on his left eye. Sakura saw it. Sharingan. How the hell did he have one? He was a Hatake. Not an Uchiha.

     He weaved his hand signs ," Release." Naruto woke up as his stomach grumbled loudly and Sasuke who was about to fall asleep caught himself before he hit the ground. He stood alert, a look of hatred on his face. Whatever he saw had made him mad, Sakura noted.

      "W-what was that?" Naruto asked frightened. "I fell sleepy all of a sudden and then I started seeing weird things. There was a man in a cloak and he reached for me."

        The alarm rung loudly causing Naruto, who was busy trying to get out the trap, fall in another one, which was the same thing as the first. Now Kakashi  had him tied to the stump. Sasuke and Sakura sweatdropped.

         Kakashi observed his surroundings. "The time is up. Looks like no one will be going to the academy."

        Naruto starts to wiggle in excitement, " Does this mean we pass?!"

        "Yes Naruto, it means you three should quit being ninjas." Kakshi smiled.

         The tension in the air increases. "You punks don't deserve  to be ninjas." Sasuke comes running at Kakashi with  a kunai, when suddenly Kakashi is on top of him with his hands tied behind his back. "This is what I mean."

        "You guys aren't understanding  the concept of this test. Are you guys underestimating ninjas? Do you know why you were separated in teams?"

      "Teamwork." Sakura answered quietly.

      "Exactly. You guys were too busy in your own interest to mind helping one another. Naruto you were doing what you wanted to do and ended up being the biggest idiot. Sasuke, you were iggnorant and did not take Sakura's words more seriously. And Sakura, you shouldn't have given up on them that easily."

      "Individual  play that dispruts the team can cause your comrades to fall in danger. For example, Sakura kill Naruto, or Sasuke dies. Or Sasuke if they don't do it you kill them both."

     "What?" They cry out.

     "Exactly. If your comrades are taken hostages, you will be risking your life in these duties." Kakashi walked over to a stone. "Look at all these names carved on this stone. They are heroes  recognized in this village." He gazed at the stone sadly.

    "I want my name to be on that stone!" Naruto interrupted, not realizing what it actually meant,

  "They died in action. Some of my close friends names have been carved here."

    "OH."

      "I will give you guys one more chance. Those who want to accept; have to eat. Those who are tied up, will not be given food or they fail."

    Kakashi  disappeared  in smoke.

    Narutos stomach grumbled loudly and be smiled sheepishly. Sasuke grabbed his bento and shoved a spoon of food into his mouth. "Sasuke!. . . kun. We aren't allowed to give him food."

    "Hn. If he doesn't have strength we won't pass. Before you think I'm doing it for your sake, I'm doing it only for our team."

     "Kakashi sensei will see us,"

       "He won't."

   Sakura then also grabbed her bento and held it in front of Naruto.

   "Ah. Sakura-chan. My hands are tied. You will have to feed me."

   Sakura groaned in annoyance, "Only this time. "

    The sky suddenly turned black and cloud of smoke covered their view. And the smoke cleared, a really mad Kakashi stood hovering in front of them. "You guys have broke the rules. You fail!" his voice boomed.

   Naruto gulped his unfinished food. Sasuke on the other hand looked quite shocked but came over it quickly. Sakura quietly smirked. She knew this was coming.

    "B-but. . . ", Naruto cried , " if I don't pass I won't be able to become hokage!"

   Kakashi suddenly smiled, "Just kidding. You pass~".

     Three mouths fell open. "W-what!".

     "Exactly." Kakashi replied.

     "But how?!" Naruto asked shocked.

     Kakashi mumbled to his self. "What are you saying?"

      "Yeah exactly. Well tootalootes." Kakashi disaapeared,

      "Wow. . . that was strange."

     "Exactly."

    "You too teme?!"

• • •
.

Comment

Vote

Like

Become a fan

Share this story with your friends *smiles evilly* come to the dark side, we have cookies. ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 51.4K 73
The war is over. Yet, only one left alive is her. A girl, they never paid enough attention to. A girl, who is to be sent in time and change the whole...
410 5 10
NARUTO FANFICTION! A girl falls from her world (the world we know...) and finds herself in the Naruto world. She joins Team 7, and her adventures fol...
713 15 26
Isamu Tatsuageru is the last known survivor of her clan. She is also the first born and heir chieftain to her clan. Her home was destroyed during a r...
20.3K 332 37
Naruto and his twin sister Kazumi, are the one of the last Uzumaki and Namikaze's left. Sasuke, is a different story. He doesn't want to seek reveng...