Death by Granger

Oleh amythecinnabunny

*** rewrite in posting *** 1998, August 1 Dear Hogwarts Student As headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcr... Lebih Banyak

THE REWRITE IS IN POSTING
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Hey guys
e x t r a
DBG is getting a rewrite!!

Chapter 37

7.3K 258 106
Oleh amythecinnabunny

"Orange or purple?"

"I like the lilac dress."

Hermione amd Ginny were currently in Ginny's room trying to choose an outfit for Ginny. It had been four days since the Quidditch match and Theo had set reservations for him and Ginny at the same restaurant Draco had taken Hermione, but only after making sure that neither Harry nor Ron were going to be there and that Rita Skeeter be banned for the evening. Now, Ginny couldn't decide what to wear.

Ginny looked at the said dress. It was a pale lilac color, knee length, elbow length, with a silver belt. All in all, it was a very simple dress. Ginny frowned. "I don't like the color."

Hermione waved her hand. "Poof."

The dress was now a deep red, with a gold belt. Ginny smiled and nodded. "Now that's a lovely dress."

"And you know what's the best part?"

Ginny looked at her.

"You can wear your heels around Nott. You're short enough to."

Ginny rolled her eyes and picked up her dress and headed for her bathroom. She came out ten minutes later warring the dress. She sat down a her dresser amd began applying her makeup. Hermione watched from Ginny's bed. "You've got to teach me how to do that."

Ginny smiled. "One day. Now though, I need to hurry."

She slipped her feet into her shoes, her wand into Hermione's bag, charmed gold, and took a deep breath before heading out the door. Hermione followed silently with Theo's camera. She snapped picture after picture of Theo's reaction right until they walked out the door. She almost dropped the camera when Draco tapped her on the shoulder. "Spying, Granger?"

"No. Just taking pictures. I went through the pictures and found us. Doing everything. Petting Padfoot, the mud fight, glaring at the table, even that first day we all went out to Hogsmeade. He's even got a picture of the day he and Zabini caught us in my room!"

"Wow. Maybe I should get you your own camera so you can constantly take pictures of him and Weaslette."

"You make me sound like a psychopath ex girlfriend jealous of his every move."

"You kind of are an ex girlfriend."

"One and a half date. He never even kissed me. Doesn't count."

Draco wrapped his arms around her. "Then are you my girlfriend?"

Hermione hung her arms around his neck. "Depends."

"On what?"

Hermione grinned. "On how much you love me."

Draco smirked. "I'll marry you, maybe in a year or two, after you decide what job to get, maybe. Be my girlfriend until then?"

Hermione smiled. "Yes, I will. And in a year or two, when you ask me to marry you, I'll say yes again."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"I got the gift from my mother."

"And?"

"It's more for you than me."

"Well, what is it?"

"It's the Malfoy family heirloom. Every mother passes it down to her son for his bride. And now she's given it to me, and I'm giving it to you."

Hermione smiled. "I really, really love you, Draco Malfoy."

Draco kissed her lightly. "I love you even more, my mudblood."

Hermione giggled. "Now, show me the ... whatever it is."

Draco reached into his pocked and pulled out a silver ring. On the top, sat a bright emerald. On the inside, an elaborate 'NM' was engraved. Hermione took it from him. "It's beautiful," she breathed.

The ring began to glow brightly and when it faded, the engraving now said 'HM'. Hermione smiled and slipped the ring on her finger.

"What happened?" Draco asked.

Hermione hugged him. "The initials changed. It's got my initials, well, what they'll change to anyway, instead of your mother's."

Draco hugged her back. "Hermione Malfoy. I'll have to stop calling you Granger then."

Hermione laughed. "I'll still be your mudblood, don't worry."

Draco grinned. "Even if you are a pureblood."

"A pureblooded mudblood. How ... amusing."

Draco laughed. "Very funny, Granger."

Hermione pulled away and headed up to her room. She turned on the first step, "Coming?"

Draco smiled and headed up to her. Hermione was already in a pink pajama set by the time Draco came in. She was sitting on the bed. "Tell me a story."

Draco grinned and sat down on the side. Hermione slid under her covers and looked up at him. He tucked a pice of hair behind her ear.

"When I first met you, I knew you were special. But then you got sorted into Gryffindor and I found out you were a mudblood. My father hated you instantly, you were a Gryffindor, a mudblood and you were smarter than me. My mother won't admit it, but she liked you from the start. She would have probably tried to pair us together if you weren't in Gryffindor. I didn't know whether to like or hate you. My father told me to hate you, and he was my role model, so I did. I don't think I've ever hated you. But I never liked you either. In Third Year, when you punched me, I decided you weren't all that my father made you out to be. And so, by the time Sixth Year came, I knew you were going to do something. I didn't know what or when, but it was definitely going to happen that year. Then you went and became a Death Eater. In the space of five months, you were his secret weapon, his favourite. I couldn't do that in two years. Since then, you've been there for me, and now I'll forevr be there for you, even if I have to constantly fight with the Weasel and insult Skeeter."

Hermione smiled, half asleep. "My brave ferret."

Draco laughed softly so he didn't disturb her. "My feisty mudblood."

He kissed Hermione and left for his own room. He wondered briefly if he should go back, before falling asleep.

He woke up to someone poking is shoulder. "Malfoy," the person whispered. Draco got up and identified the person as his eyes adjusted to the darkness. "Granger?"

Hermione twisted the sleeved of her top. "I couldn't sleep."

Draco shifted and patted the space he vacated. Hermione crawled on the bed and let him wrap his arms around her. Draco looked at the back of Hermione's head and wondered of she couldn't sleep because he wasn't there. He heard a slight snore coming from Hermione and smiled. He soon drifted off into his own sleep.

The next morning, Hermione woke up and didn't know where she was. The curtains were satin forest green instead of her lime ones and the bedsheets were the same shade as the curtains, where hers was generally a baby blue or pink. "Different, isn't it?"

Hermione turned to find Draco. "Yeah. So this is your room."

Draco grinned. "Too green for you?"

"Not really. Just not the colors I'm used to seeing every morning."

Draco sat up and glanced at Hermione. "You stole my shirt."

Hermione looked at the long sleeved top she was wearing, and really, it was Draco's. She shrugged. "You left it there. Not my fault."

Hermione stood up. "Was I really wearing shorts last night?"

Draco shrugged again. "I wouldn't know. I was half asleep when you walked in here."

Hermione sighed and walked out to bump into Ginny. "Please tell me it's not what it looks like."

Hermione frowned. "What's not like what looks like what?"

"You walked out of Malfoy's room, with Malfoy's shirt, and your hair..."

Hermione glared at her. "No. It is most definitely not what it looks like. You can go ask Malfoy of you want."

"Ew no. What of he's also half dressed like you?"

"I'm not half dressed! I'm wearing pajamas underneath."

Ginny nodded mad walked away. "Sure."

Hermione roles her eyes and walked back to her own room, where she swapped her pajama shorts for a jeans and went down for breakfast. She almost bumped into Narcissa. "Sorry. I seem to by bumping into everyone."

"It's quite alright, dear. Is that my son's-"

"I stole it."

Hermione rubbed her tired eyes and glanced up at Narcissa. The older woman looked at her. "Did you sleep at all last night?"

Hermione nodded through a yawn. "Just tired for some reason."

Narcissa nodded. Hermione ran her hand through her hair, and a small glint caught Narcissa's eye. She took Hermione's hand. "It's changed color," she said stunned. "It's only ever changed color once before."

"When?" Hermione glanced at the ring that was now a mix between red and green.

"Quite some time ago. Lucius's father would tell me about it. One of the Malfoy women, she married someone, a pureblood, but not one well known, and this was hers. It was a whole set, complete with earrings and a bracelet. The set would change colors, red, blue, yellow and green. The colors of Hogwarts houses. It has stayed an emarald green since she gave it to her daughter in law."

Hermione frowned and touched her necklace. Narcissa's eyes darted towards the necklace. "You have the necklace."

Hermione nodded. "And the rest. Malfoy bought it for me."

"It's been missing for at least eight hundred years! It was about you!"

Hermione frowned. "What was about who?"

"You. There was a prophecy about you!" Narcissa was waving her hands wildly and Hermione wondered if the woman was drunk.

"Abarax would tell me about that too! She, the woman who owned the set, had said that one day, someone in the Malfoy bloodline would marry a pureblooded witch who had lived her life as a muggleborn. Her family wouldn't be well known as a pureblood family, and she will be the most talented and -what's the word he used? Oh, nevermind- she would be the downfall of a powerful wizard from within! Don't you see? She was talking about you!"

Hermione nodded slowly. "You're telling me that I was in a prophecy, made at least eight hundred years ago?"

Narcissa nodded quickly. "Quite right. Don't you see? You are the brightest witch of your age. Have you not lived your life believing you were a muggleborn, while you were a pureblood? And the last one, were you not the downfall of the Dark Lord, from within?"

Hermione's mouth fell. "Are you sure?"

Narcissa nodded. "One more, the jewels will once again change color."

Hermione looked at the ring, then at her necklace. They were both shades of royal blue. "Wow. I'm not dreaming, am I?"

Narcissa smiled. "Not at all."

Hermione walked away wide eyed and fingering her necklace. "Prophecy? Me?"

She turned a corner and bumped into yet another person. "Watch it, Granny."

Hermione frowned at him. "Your mother thinks I'm in a prophecy," she told him.

Draco sighed. "I know. I was standing here. She's probably right, you know. It does make sense."

"I know. It also tells me how Voldemort knew I was a pureblood and why he wanted me on his side so bad."

Draco grinned. "Do you know that Weaslette thinks we-"

"What did you tell her?" Hermione hissed.

"I told her we were literally asleep. Obviously, she didn't belive me."

Hermione groaned. "Thank Merlin she's no Skeeter."

Hermione twisted the ring on her finger. She glanced down at it then back up at Draco. "There was a prophecy about me. I can't belive it."

Draco took her hands in his. "What if there's more? What if you're supposed to vanquish a hidden threat?"

Hermione laughed as Draco kissed her hands. "I've had enough trouble being a Death Eater. Maybe in my next life."

Draco grinned. "You're a mad woman, you know that?"

Hermione wrapped her arms around Draco's neck. "I've known that for years. You're telling me you just noticed?"

Draco grinned and kissed her. "I need breakfast, Granny."

Hermione frowned as he hugged her. "Who's stopping you?"

Draco kissed her neck lightly. "Stop distracting me."

Hermione laughed. "It's not my fault I'm so irresistible."

Hermione ducked away and walked into the dining hall. "Ooh, pancakes!"

She sat down near the plate and began eating the pancakes. Draco sat opposite her. "Share, will you?"

Hermione pulled the plate slightly closer to her. "Mine."

Draco pouted and Hermione pushed the plate back with a laugh. Suddenly Theo apparated in. Hermione almost jumped. "Well, good morning to you too, Nott."

Theo grinned. "Hello everyone. I bring news, I don't know if it's good or bad."

Draco trend to face him. "And...?"

"Captain wants to know if you'd like to play as Seeker for Puddlemere United."

Draco froze. "I don't know."

Hermione grinned. "Go for it, Malfoy. Bonus includes a constant rivalry with Potter and a chance to accidentally hit the Weasel on the head with your broom."

Draco grinned. "Maybe. What happened to your old Seeker?"

Theo snorted. "He quit. Couldn't handle the pressure."

Hermione laughed. "There you go, Malfoy. Now you don't have to worry about what career to pick."

Draco stared off while he thought about it. "What do you think, Granger?"

"Me? Oh well, I think it's great really. Go for it."

Draco turned to Theo. "When's the next practice?"

Theo punched the air and began doing some sort of happy dance. Hermione looked on trying not to laugh, it was a terrible dance, while Draco looked plain creeped out. Ginny chose that moment to walk in with Padfoot. "What the bloody hell are you doing?"

Theo made a face for her. "I won."

Ginny frowned. "Won what? Oh!"

"What?" Hermione and Draco chorused.

"He made a bet, with half the Quidditch team that Malfoy will replace our Seeker."

Hermione shook her head, but she was smiling. "Still making bets on people?"

"Always," Theo said proudly, as the dog jumped over to him. "Hey, buddy."

Hermione pulled out a camera and took a picture, while Draco almost laughed. The dog stopped and sniffed. Then he bounded over to Draco and jumped up. He wasn't big enough to jump all the way so Draco had to pick him up and sit Padfoot on him lap. Padfoot was looking at Draco's plate. Hermione laughed. "He wants a pancake!"

Draco put a pancake in front of the dog, who ate it up quite quickly, and began barking for another. Draco set three in front of a very happy Padfoot. Draco smiled at the dog. Hermione took another picture. "Hey, Malfoy!"

Draco looked up, still smiling, at Hermione's camera. Hermione lowered it and grinned. "Hi."

Ginny smiled and sighed. "This is just perfect. Not how I imagined my life to be at seventeen, but hey, I got lots of entertainment in this house. It's like literally a living drama show in here sometimes."

Hermione glanced at her. "Sometimes I wonder what our lives would be like if I hadn't taken him up on his offer."

Draco glanced at her. "Dull. We'd have no fire in our lives."

Ginny smiled. "You're kinda right. We'd all be stuck in our old routines. I'd have ended up with Harry and you... I don't know."

Theo hugged Ginny from behind. "Well, it's a good thing Granger became a Death Eater, then."

Draco looked at Hermione. "Absolutely."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

114K 3.1K 119
"π“π‘πž 𝐰𝐨𝐫π₯𝐝 𝐒𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩π₯𝐒𝐭 𝐒𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩π₯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. π–πž'𝐯𝐞 𝐚π₯π₯ 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐑 π₯𝐒𝐠𝐑𝐭 𝐚�...
15.1K 476 59
To the outside world Isabelle Luvair had it all.. but to her, something was always missing. She hoped to fill the ever looming void, when her overpro...
25.5K 681 28
COMPLETED Harry, Hermione, Draco, Neville, Fred, Luna, Ginny and many more students return to Hogwarts for the completion of their seventh year after...
94.9K 2.1K 48
❝Loving your enemy is not easy. Some accept it, while some are hellbent on destroying.❞ Students returned back to Hogwarts to complete their final ye...