Unchained

By Dark_Spaces

Book 1 in the Deviant Creatures Series In the slums of New York City an underground prison sat. The Ci... More

Author's Note (2024)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Nineteen

60.4K 3K 166
By Dark_Spaces

NOT EDITED—point out mistakes if you'd like.

                Standing in the vast lands that flowed out behind her mate's castle, Lym gazed, seemingly in a trace, at the thicket that provided as the beginnings of the large expanse of woodlands. A formation of twenty or so Enforcers stood by her mate and her side, searching for this so called 'problem'.

                     The ebony skinned man had said it was Rogues, a whole pack of them, but Lym knew it wasn't just Rogues, she felt it in her bones, there was more to this than they saw and heard. While her mate and his Enforcers stood a defensive formation, she had started mapping out plans.

                       The air didn't smell of the normal feral scent that Rogues put off, it was usually a musky, rotting stench. But this was an earthy, metallic, wet scent, something Lym had only smelled at one place, minus the earthy part.

                    There was no feeling of a threat thrumming in the air as there usually was when a rogue meant harm, so she waited patiently unlike the men around her who stood with their hackles practically raised. The soft rumble of low growls coming from the half shifted men filled the air, yet she remained calm and kept waiting.

                    It wasn't until half an hour later when she finally became restless, causing her to head towards the forest, it wasn't in her nature to be a sitting duck, she was the predator. She heard the dominate growl of her mate sound out behind her along with the crunching of his footsteps across the ground. She sensed his aura before he reached her, preparing her for his sudden skin on skin contact with her, still, it did nothing to stop her from twirling around to knock his feet out from underneath him. Sure they made out, but it changed nothing with her skittishness.

                 With a snarl plastered on her pale face, she glared down at her stunned mate, the message was conveyed clear as day, don't touch me. He gazed up at her with worry and confusion, his wolf whimpered silently in the back of his mind, trying to call out to his mate's wolf with no answer in return. The flap of dozens of wings halt their standoff, everyone watched in silent understanding as the flock of once chirping song birds flew off, the problem was near.

                   Lym took a few more steps closer to the thicket, her gunmetal eyes harden in concentration, she sensed movement a bit beyond what their enchanced eyes could see, whatever it was paced back and forth, ready to strike. Yet, the stance wasn't threatening, more like observant, the pacing more like walking unsurely back and forth. A low chuff echoed out through the trees and to awaiting, eager ears, the Royal wolves immediately became alert of the foreign sound, it hadn't came from a known wolf.

                         "Sco—" her mate began to order the Enforcers out into the woodlands. But with a sharp glare over her shoulder, Lym stopped him, she wanted to see the so called problem for herself.

                         Her dainty feet carried her silently over the ground, every step was carefully considered, her eyes calculated every twitch of movement that was around her, her ears picked up on everything as she disappeared slowly into the thickness of the forest.

The sun shone in through the branches, shining brightly off of her pale, lightly freckled skin, reflecting greatly against her pale locks. She kept up a facade of a carefree form when in reality she was as wound up as a timer, though the Rogues probably knew this. A flash of ashy brown and the game had begun.

The low growls of the Rogues had started to become louder and more audible, glances of the browns and greys and reds of their coats swirled around her like a tornado, their multicolored eyes flashed with emotions. Hatred, contempt, eagerness, excitement. Lym steadied herself, digging her heels into the loose, rocky ground, her muscled coiled up tightly in anticipation, ready for the brutal onslaught that was about to be delivered.

A white flash lunged for her, yellow teeth tore into her forearm, she eyed the oozing wound with bland distaste. With a glint in her eye and snarl on her face, she summoned her wolf, calling upon the few necessities it took to fight with out transforming into her dark grey wolf form. A slight flared of annoyance rose from her wolf, but she allowed her human the power over claws and wicked teeth, all thirty-two blunt human teeth slowly started to sharpen into small, fine points while her nail beds leek out blood from the long, hard claws forcing their way out for battle.

A feral gleam was present in her eyes, the rogue wolves appeared while the split second transformation took place. A lone white wolf stood in the small pack of timber wolves, a small amount of shock ran through her, it was concealed well, usually wolves weren't lightly colored, a silvery gray was the lightest most got and black was the darkest. Her interest peaked at the white anomaly, she flashed them a toothy smirk and lunged at the nearest wolf, a shaggy dark brown wolf, it yelped in surprise. Soon the yelp morphed into a pained howl as her claws sliced through it soft underbelly, not killing it but putting it in a physical disadvantage. The others snarled in anger, throwing themselves at her.

The only indicator that Lym was still alive was the blood flying and her silvery blond hair, the mass of wolves did not know of the savagery she was capable of, what she had been trained to do, and although her back was up against a wall, she did not panic in the slightest. She parried their attacks with ease, toying with them.

"Enough," a thick accented voice made itself known through the vicious snarls and growls of the fight.

The pack of rogues quickly halted their actions, save for a stubborn dark brown wolf, his golden eyes gleamed with malice. With a strong blow to the head, Lym sent the wolf sprawling across the forest floor, right into a thick tree. The wolf huffed and shook himself in shame, Lym simply eyed him with satisfaction.

Turning to the source of the voice, she failed to hide her slight surprise. A small smirk graced her bloodied face as she took in the tall redhead. His emerald eyes shined down at her from the tree he leaned on, his pale, freckled arms showed of his muscles and he crossed them with tossing her a lopsided grin.

"Lym, lon' time no see, ya?" The redhead offered her, she flashed her teeth in a response. "Take me to ya leader, O' Majestic One." He snarked causing her to pinned him with a blank, unamused stare. She walked towards the direction of the castle, hyper aware of the pack of seven rogues behind her.

Sharp intakes of breath scouts be heard from both sides, shock from the Royals side and awe from the rogues. A lone, terrifying growl was heard. Lym looked at her mate, his olive skin was highlighted in a red tint, his anger was soaring. His blue eyes narrowed and darkened, pinning Lym under his gaze, she would never admit it to anyone but she feared him a bit then.

"Met Bracken, my ex-cellmate." Silence soon followed her statement, her mate's anger subsided and shame took its place, shame? She couldn't figure out why.

"Nice to meet you Bracken, but one must wonder why you have trespassed on my lands." When a response was not give, her mate snapped out another word. "Explain." His rage could be heard lying under his voice.

"It's bes' if I explain this insi', ya? Les' go." Bracken's baritone voice rumbled into Lym back, given how close they stood, so she carried herself towards the large building, shoving past the Enforcers and her mate, not sparing a glance behind her.

The meeting hall was deathly silent as the two head males squared off, and to be frank Lym was getting quite annoyed with it. Her mate had wanted an explanation yet here he stood, silently challenging Bracken, though the Scott payed no mind to it, brushing it off like everything else. The rest of Bracken's rag tag pack of wolves had soon morphed back into their human forms, most were males, save for the white wolf. She was a tall women who owned a pair of enchanting honey colored eyes, her lithe body was as dark as night and her hair was in thick locks of braided dreads that fell to her collarbone. All in all, she was a contradiction to her wolf's color, Lym immediately took interest in her.

"Explain." Lym narrowed her eyes at her mate, not liking the tone he was using, it grated on her ears, the dominance it emitted.

"Well," Bracken sighed, sprawling himself across one of the leather chairs. "After ya took Lym, Everest was pure chaos." Romulus shot him a dumbfounded look. "Lym was—still is, our Queen. She overthrew the previous King, she's our Alpha, for years she looked after us, protected us to best of her abilities. Anyways, we soon fell into disorder," Lym snarled at that notation. "The Level Tens, the crazy fucks and the more dangerous ones, started riots.

"It wasn't until a few months since Alpha had been gone when the first escape was made. Everest was simply a holding facility for the smart ones, it was either Everest or death for most and quite frankly most chose Everest, obviously. They got loose into the streets, going on a killing spree, taking most of the guards attention on that situation so some of us snuck out—"

"You are a wanted convict then." Romulus stated calmly, Lym looked at him in a questionable manner.

"Uh, yeah, how else would I be here?" Bracken sassed. "Back to my story, it was the twins and I that made it out with few altercations. We came across Dimitri and Gabrien in Ontario, from there we came back down into the states and found Gareth in Rhode Island. Sai came across us herself and I wanted to find my Alpha so this bunch followed me here. There ain't much to say other than that." Bracken scratched the maroon scruff around his chin.

"The only reason you're here is to see my mate?" His nostrils flared, Romulus stood up and walked over to where his petite mate stood. Standing slightly in front of her, he growled at Bracken, his protectiveness and possessiveness was kicking in.

"No need to get pissy 'bout it, lad." The red haired man laughed, lighting up the dull room.

"You may leave now," Romulus snarled, following his mate silently as she pulled out a chair at the table, he loomed over her irritated form protectively.

"Maids." Lym spoke to the silent women that were splattered across the walls. They snapped to attention. "Show the guests to their rooms." She wasn't looking forward to an argument between her mate and Bracken, it was better to end it before the odds before they got high. She felt her mate's heated gaze on her, it was impossible not to, he was drilling holes into the back of her head. She pursed her lips, but said nothing

Bracken shot her a quizzical, yet grateful look as they were lead out through the large doors. Lym picked at the long table, her nails digging grooves in the polished wood, waiting for her mate bombard her with questions.

"Everyone, leave." Romulus said coldly and the muscled men and remaining maid scurried out of the large room while murmuring their 'yes, Alpha King's'

They sat in silence for a moment or two before Romulus moved to his mate, placing his hand on her delicate shoulder. She growled at the sudden contact, but did not move from her seat, she simply kept digging out grooves in the table.

"Why did you want him to stay here, Lym?" No response came. "Why? Do you fancy him?" Lym snorted at the suggestion, if anything, she'd kill Bracken.

"I don't owe you any explanations." Lym said simply, not caring at how upset her mate was getting, his eyes were slowly turning black, his wolf was getting worked up, assuming the worst. So, she stood up, ignoring her fuming mate and stalked out of the room, he watched her go, dumbfounded yet enchanted by the natural sway of her hips.

Leaving the room Lym sought out the comfort of the forest, and that's where she went. Her skin itched to get out of the confine ment of the walls of the castle, to breathe fresh air, to feel the sun against her skin.

                  Going under her redwood, she leaned against the large trunk and closed her eyes, crossing her arms over her waist. Waiting for sleep to grasp her in its dark holds and drag her down into its murky depths.

The cold laughter of male echoed off the steel walls, she sensed him long before she saw him. His aura was a negative static, unsettling her deeply. She had been crouched down in the dark corner of the cell, the staleness of the air rubbed her wrong, making her nose crinkle in discomfort.

The slam of the metal door hitting the walls was enough to make Lym flinch and let out a low whimper, she hugged her torso tight and buried her face into her drawn up knees.

                  "Precious, it's time to play." His malicious voice taunted.

                    A shrill scream tore through her throat as his too hot hand gripped her ankle and yanked her out of the holding cell. He dragged her body across the cold, moldy floor, tears streaming down young face.

                      She must have blacked out because the next things she knew she was being thrown in another room. The stench of rubbing alcohol and bleach burned her nose as she scrambled to her knees and hands, squinting against the bright lights.

                        Fiery pain shot through her head as the man pulled her up by her hair, the familiar clink of chains could be heard. Her gray eyes widen with fear.

                   "Good, you're afraid." She saw the man for the first time.

                   Plump, red lips was the first thing she saw, then coal black irises that were lined with blue, an interesting coloration. The high cheekbones were next, his skin was a rich gold. His silver blonde hair rivaled hers, the thing was, she knew this man, but she wasn't sure where from. The mystery ate away at her, gnawing on her insides.

                   The pinch of the cold metal clasping around her wrists was enough to make focus again. Her muscles burned as she was hoisted in the air by the steel chains, her toes barely brushed the ground. A low whimper escaped her throat when she saw the many instruments laid out before her.

                    Wickedly long hunting knives, throwing stars, darts that were probably laced with Wolfsbane, a three pronged whip, and so much more.

                     "Do you know why I'm doing this?" The man asked her, one of the more slender knives he picked up. He brushed the tip against her temple, brushing it slightly, barely enough to draw blood, but she felt it bead up.

                      "No." Her voice barely above a whisper. She dared not shaking her head, in fear she would be cut. Her body had never seen the ends of a blade before, her alabaster skin so smooth and young.

                   "Pity," he smiled softly at her, portraying a decent person. "It's a pity that I can't damage you face very much." He pouted.

                    In a swift move he cut the right corner of her mouth, a eliciting a pained moan from her, blood dribbled down her chin. That was the moment Lym knew, at her young age of ten, that these rogues were out to cause grave harm to the others. With that thought, she sworn on to any God or Goddess that was listening that, she would never give up.

As she was finishing that silent promise, a scream tore from her throat, making it raw, as a whip sliced through her delicate skin around her waist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did y'all think? I'd like to know. Sorry about the late update, these meds I've been on are like some damn horse tranquilizers. I do feel really bad about the late update tho.

If there is anything you want to see more of, TELL ME!!! I'm open to new ideas and love y'alls comments. ALSO, HOW DO YALL LIKE THE NEW COVER? YAY OR NAY?????

Comment. Vote. Love goats.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 105K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...
568K 21.7K 71
»beginning is rough and quite awful but it gets better as you go along« »book one in the series« When she gets stolen from her wedding, Emerald Vale...
44K 2K 84
As Lycan's were hunted and killed off a thousand years ago, now humans, and werewolves shall learn what a true Lycan is. All things made a new, now i...
423K 18.1K 52
Book 1: The Blue Wolf Blood, rain and mud filled my nose, whilst ripping, growling and snapping rang in my ears. My wolf was terrified. I was terrifi...