Energy Magic [Fairy Tail]

By EnergyMageFrea

(Must read my first story, 'Lost Life', First!) Frea is back as her story continues along with Fairy Tail's... More

Chapter 1- My Point
Chapter 2- Travels
Chapter 3- Jogenen
Chapter 4- Realize That!
Chapter 5- Trust
Chapter 6- Chatting
Chapter 7- New Kid
Chapter 8- Test
Chapter 9- First Day
Chapter 10- My Mountain
Chapter 11- Hit Me
Chapter 12- Energy Signatures
Chapter 13- Find Me
Chapter 14- Stabilize
Chapter 15- Spells
Chapter 16- Troublemaker
Chapter 17- Not Our Job
Chapter 18- Choosing
Chapter 19- 1st Stage
Chapter 20- Deserving
Chapter 21- Second Stage... Or Not
Chapter 22- What To Do?
Chapter 23- The Tree Falls
Chapter 24- Magic Energy= Life
Chapter 25- Rest
Chapter 26- You're Late
Chapter 27- Save You
Chapter 28- Fairy Tail Mages
Chapter 29- Grimoire Heart Loses
Chapter 30- Dislike Or Hate?
Chapter 31- How You Knew
Chapter 32- Together
Chapter 33- Going Home
Chapter 34- A Book?
Chapter 35- Brawl-Fest
Chapter 36- Favor
Chapter 37- Three Months
Chapter 38- New Mission
Chapter 39- Training With These Two?
Chapter 40- Battle On!
Chapter 41- Celestial Meeting
Chapter 42- Exceeds
Chapter 43- Moon
Chapter 44- Capital City
Chapter 45- Third Day
Chapter 46- I'm Back
Chapter 47- Lumen Histoire
Chapter 48- Ryuzetsu Land
Chapter 49- You Forgot?!
Chapter 50- It's A Mistake To Anger Us
Chapter 51- Tag Teams
Chapter 52- Fairy Tail VS SaberTooth
Chapter 53- Graveyard
Chapter 54- History
Chapter 55- Three Seconds
Chapter 56- Standing Still
Chapter 57- Last Day
Chapter 58- Turn Around!
Chapter 60- Rogue VS Gajeel
Chapter 61- Victory Short Lived
Chapter 62- The Fight Starts Now!
Chapter 63- Lord of Death
Chapter 64- Second Origin?
Chapter 65- Recognition
Chapter 66- After [END OF BOOK 2]

Chapter 59- Rified

827 38 1
By EnergyMageFrea

Chapter 59

Rified

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

Tension was crackling between the two as Frea kept on glaring at the man standing in front of her. He just slowly turned to face them, a small smile creasing his lips, and he let out another small chuckle. His dark brown hair was sticking up a little at the front, and was cut short so the ends barely touched his ears. His bright blue gaze showed nothing but serene calm, and he tilted his head at the two.

"What? I'm not allowed to visit an old friend?" The man known as Rified questioned. Frea frowned a little more at the answer.

"I wouldn't say we're friends.." She growled at him and he shrugged a little, still smiling softly.

"After what happened, I'm not surprised you feel that way." He answered calmly, "And I won't blame you for being angry with me." Moon switched her gaze between Rified and Frea, completely lost as to what the two were talking about. Who the hell was this Guy? And what sort of history did he have with Frea?

Moon had never even heard his name mentioned, and from the select memories she had scanned over the last few days, no one with the name 'Rified' had showed up. Anywhere, at least not as far as she had looked.

Rified's blue gaze slowly switched from Frea, to Moon, and he smiled a little more when he saw that confused look on her face. Letting out another small chuckle, he looked away and closed his eyes. "Might as well just search my memories already, cat, I can tell your dying to." Rified murmured and Moon blinked in shock.

How in the hell does he know...?

"No point being here if you don't know what happened." He pointed out, and Moon narrowed her eyes at him, before deciding she just ought to scan his memories.

The images that flashed before her eyes, did not leave a good impression on her about the man...

Frea's POV

Frea was aware of Magic Power rising off of Moon as she used her Magic on Rified, but she didn't care at the moment. She was too focused on watching him, just to make sure he didn't try anything.

It made her wary, he wasn't someone she liked, and she didn't like the fact that he had known Moon could use Memory Magic. But, she could tell there was something different about him, the way he was acting. He was calm, collected. And she wasn't getting any Negative feelings from him.

"What do you want?" Frea asked lowly, not letting her guard down for a minute with him.

"I wanted to talk to you." Rified answered coolly. She narrowed her eyes at him, not sure what to make of his appearance. She walked toward him slowly and stopped a little bit in front of him, body tense and eyes narrowed.

"So your the one that put that Magic in the sky?" She asked and he nodded.

"Yes, I had a feeling you'd try to find out where it came from." He told her. "Its a sort of Magic that's usually used for messages, because it can be used to only allow one person to see it." He explained. Frea wasn't surprised, no one else in the Guild had seen it, she had been the only one, and know she knew why. Rified had been trying to get her attention.

"Why do you seem so... Different?" She asked slowly and he smiled a little at the question.

"Well, six years in prison will do that to a person." He chuckled and she blinked in surprise.

"So you ended up in jail?"

"Yeah, just after the fight with you and that Lightning fellow actually." He told her and leaned against the railing behind him. "I turned myself in."

Frea stiffened at the words and her eyes widened. He what? That didn't make any sense, she had never met a person who would just willingly turn themselves into the Counsel, knowing they would be thrown in jail for who knows how long.

"What...?" She murmured, the one word being all she could say in her state of shock and he smiled.

"That leads up to what I wanted to tell you." He murmured. "My Magic, takes a toll on me. If I'm not careful, it can corrupt my mind and my body, causing me to make bad choices, and do wrong things." He told her softly, looking away. "Its not a 'good' type of Magic, it isn't 'pure' I guess you could say... Its dark, and just evil in nature no matter what you do about it."

"It was made by people who were evil at heart, and my Magic was only meant to he used by people who planned on doing evil things." Rified continued. "I knew the risks of learning it, and I was always careful to keep myself in check, up until about eight years ago." He glanced back at her with a small sad smile. "That's when I started doing bad things, and the evil side of the Magic I use ended up corrupting my mind." He told her. "That's why I attacked your friends. I wasn't thinking, I couldn't think, I was lost and confused."

Frea glanced away from his steady blue gaze to make sure nothing had happened to drastically change the Games, before looking his way again. She was taking in everything he said, and even if she didn't want to admit it, it made sense.

Moon had lighted down on the railing to her left, not to far away from Rified as she listened closely to what he was saying. Frea could tell that the Exceed was wary of the man, and with good reason, if she had scanned his memories, she knew what happened between him, Laxus, and herself.

It wasn't exactly a good history that Rified had with Fairy Tail, and definitely not a good history the man had with either Frea or Laxus,

"I'm sorry for hurting you and your friends, and I'm sorry for ever doing anything bad in the first place." Rified murmured, before giving her a smile and tilting his head. "I'm a little surprised you didn't take notice of what was wrong with my Magic when we first met. I was under the impression Energy Mages are rather good at reading people, and their Magic." He put in and Frea quirked an eye-brow as she crossed her arms over her chest.

There was almost no information on Energy Mages in the world, so one had to wonder how he could have known Energy Mages were sensitive to Magic. Though, she didn't even care how he knew that, at the moment because the statement annoyed her. He was right, she hadn't even noticed what his Magic was like when they first met, even though she should have.

"I usually am." She put in a bit defensively, "But I wasn't exactly doing very well at the time, I could hardly read any Energy Signatures, let alone yours." She muttered, Rified nodded and smiled a little.

"Ah... I noticed you were in bad shape when you got there." He murmured, letting his eyes close. "Though I had to wonder why...?" He put in and Frea looked away.

"Lets not get into that." She muttered as he opened his eyes, before nodding in understanding.

"Alright then." He murmured. "The other thing I wanted to tell you, was thanks."

Frea tilted her head a little, confused as to what he had to thank her for. She couldn't think of anything, considering all she had ever done to him, was beat him up with the help of Laxus.

"I'm sure it was unintentional." Rified continued. "But that spell that you used, the powerful one just before both you and Laxus fell asleep. I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about?" Rified asked her, a knowing glint in his eye and she slowly nodded.

Yeah, she knew he was talking about the spell she had used; the one she had cast without any Magic Energy. The spell, that was supposedly impossible to cast.

"There was an after-affect of that spell." Rified went on. "I'm not exactly sure what happened when your Magic passed over me, but I suddenly found that I could think straight again. I had control over the evil side that comes with the use of my magic." He smiled. "Whatever happened, your Magic helped me think clearly again, and I was able to stop doing the horrible things I had been doing, and pay for what I had done." He smiled a little more, "So, thank you."

Frea held him steady in her silver gaze as she thought what he said over. It was completely possible, she hadn't stayed awake long enough to know how far that spell had reached, and Rified hadn't been that far away. The purpose of that spell, was to get rid of any Evil Magic that had been lingering around. The intent of the spell was to destroy the traces of Kasumi's Magic that had been killing her... But... It wasn't really meant to Destroy the Evil of Rified's Magic...

And another thing;

Rified's Magic is evil... It should have been wiped out, not just stopped from corrupting his mind...

That meant his Magic should be completely gone, but it wasn't.

She shook the thought away, she didn't feel like trying to figure it out right now. She was just going to a credit the fact that she could feel Rified wasn't evil himself, only his Magic was.

"Then I suppose, your welcome." Frea murmured and he nodded a little, still smiling.

"How did you know I can use Memory Magic, by the way?" Moon spoke up and Frea glanced down at the Exceed, before looking back to Rified.

Rified gave her a smile and shrugged, "I can just tell." He answered simply. "I'm a bit sensitive to Magic myself, and I know what Memory Magic feels like if I'm around someone who uses it." Moon narrowed her eyes at the answer, but seemed to accept it and looked away.

Frea blinked in mild surprise, she knew other Mages were sensitive to large changes in Magic Energy, but the fact that Rified could actually identify the Magic that Moon uses; she had to admit, it was a little impressive.

"Your passionate as I thought. " Frea's gaze switched from Rified down toward the Screens in Arena, where Laxus and Orga had come to a halt in the middle of their fight.

"You talked big, and this is all you can do?" Laxus asked, wiping some blood away from the edge of his mouth. Orga frowned a little at the answer, and Laxus only smirked at his reaction.

"Hehe... Some strong fellows here..." Frea blinked in shock when the most unexpected person walked up toward the pair.

No One POV

"Can I join you? I can finally feel my blood boil."

"Jura of the Ten Saints..." Orga breathed, sweatdropping a little at the appearance of the man.

"So we get to meet, monster..." Laxus murmured.

.:+:.

"Your the one that's bewitching Lyon!" Chelia shouted as she clashed with her opponent, Juvia.

"Juvia only has eyes for Gray!" The Water Mage argued, sending a wave of water out at Chelia and knocking her back a little, before the Lamia Scale Wizard cut through the water with some of her black wind.

"It's surprising to see Chelia have a hard time." Lyon murmured as he came upon the two battling girls.

"Shit! Not the best place to..." Gray hissed as he walked up to the two at the same moment Lyon did. The two Ice Mage's stopped dead, while the girls turned toward them, both smiling.

"Lyon!" Chelia called happily.

"Gray!" Juvia shouted, hearts appearing in her eyes at his appearance.

"How come your so worn out; Gray?" Lyon asked, a smirk playing at his lips once he saw the condition the other Ice Wizard was in.

"Tch...Whatever." Gray frowned. "We'll take care of you no problem." He told Lyon firmly. Juvia looked absolutely elated at the statement, and she threw herself at Gray, wrapping her arms around his waist.

"Where are we going for our Honeymoon darling?!" Juvia asked him. Gray sweatdropped at the contact,

"What the hell is inside your head?!" Gray shouted back, blushing faintly. Lyon's jaw dropped at what happened; before he frowned, looking very unpleased.

"Now way! I must make Juvia realize..." Lyon growled.

"You must realize Lyon...!" Chelia murmured under her breath, tears falling from her eyes at Lyon's affection for Juvia.

Frea POV

Frea tore her eyes away from the confrontation between Laxus, Orga and Jura to rest on Gajeel's fight. The Iron Dragon Slayer had come to a pause as he glared dangerously at Rogue, who was on his hands and knees, head hanging.

"Try saying it again. Who is stronger than who?" Gajeel growled, his fangs flashing as he said it.

"I think I'm starting to underatand... The reason you joined Fairy Tail... " It took Rogue a few moments before he finally said the words quietly. Gajeel blinked at what he had said; head tilting ever so slightly.

"What do you mean?" Gajeel grumbled.

"It makes sense that you don't remember... I was just a small boy at the time..." Rogue murmured. "I'm just a kid that adored the Guild you were in... Phantom Lord."

"I wanted to join Phantom Lord once I'd grown up...But then the Guild broke up after losing to Fairy Tail. And what's more, you even joined Fairy Tail... I couldn't beleive it..." Rogue murmured. "Why would you join the Guild that destroyed Phantom Lord...?...But there had to be a reason... for you to stay in Fairy Tail... and now I understand..." Rogue looked up from the ground to rest his red gaze on Gajeel who just stood there quietly, face neutral.

"Friends... right?" Rogue asked and Gajeel's eyes widened a little. Rogue looked away, "SaberTooth doesn't have that concept. We're the master's army, orders are absolute..." He let out a low sogh as his voice dropped. "Victory was absolute... What's a Guild? What are friends? What am I fighting for...?"

"Now I also understand why you're strong. And why I can't win against you."

Gajeel stood still as he took in what Rogue said. Frea tilted her head slightly, she never expected anyone in SaberTooth to say something like that, but then again... Rogue did seem to be the least arrogant of his Guild-Mates.

"Stand up." Gajeel ordered ruffle and Rogue blinked. "You haven't understood a thing." Rogue got up slowly, looking confused as to what Gajeel meant. Gajeel smirked at the confused look Rogue gave him, and placed his hands on his hips, grin growing wider so his fangs showed.

"Gi hee..." Gajeel chuckled. "The frog.. is your friend isn't it?" Gajeel asked and Rogue blinked in shock. Frea herself blinked at the words,

Frog? Oh wait... Does he mean that Exceed in the frog costume?

"The frog?" Rogue echoed, before frowning, vein ticked on his forehead. "Frosch is a cat!" Rogue snapped back.

"To be precise, he's an Exceed." Gajeel told him, before smirking again. "Right?" Gajeel continued. Rogue's irritation subsided, and he allowed a small smile to appear across his face.

"That's true." He murmured. "Frosch is my friend." He smiled, Gajeel smirked a little too. Frea smiled a little as she listened in to their conversation, and let her eyes close.

"Rogue!"

Frea winced and took a step away from the railing, her hands coming up to cover her ears, eyes scrunched closed. Whatever that voice was, it was high-pitched, and made a hissing noise she found odd. It hurt her sensitive ears, but she didn't know where the hell it was coming from.

She opened one eye to look down into the arena again, trying to find where the voice had come from. Moon was looking her way with wide eyes, and Rified glanced over calmly with a neutral expression, but the slight worry and surprise in his eyes betrayed what he was feeling.

"You ok?" Rified asked her, but she didn't answer him. Down in the arena, Rogue looked to have heard the voice that had said his name, and Frea opened both eyes, narrowing them at the screen.

"Look ahead." The same voice hissed, and Frea winced again at the sound. "The enemy is still in front of you." She didn't know why, but there was some form of Dark Energy down in the Arena connected to Rogue, but she hadn't even registered its presence before now.

It must be because its similar with Rogue's Magic... That's why it didn't occur to me it wasn't part of him...

"Rogue... kill Gajeel. That is your destiny." The same voice hissed again, and she ground her teeth down in pain. The voice hurt her ears, and she pressed her hands over them harder.

"Frea?" Both Moon and Rified asked, but she wasn't listening. Rogue had started glancing around wildly, trying to find the source of the voice.

"Who are you?! Where are you?!" Rogue growled and Gajeel blinked at the sudden behavior.

"Uh... what's gotten in to you?" Gajeel asked but Rogue didn't answer.

"Idiot...I am your shadow." Frea winced again when the voice came back. "I'll lend you my power... Kill Gajeel." Rogue went quite still as his hair overshadowed his face, and Gajeel peered at him.

Frea frowned, why the hell was she hearing that damn voice, and only Rogue seemed to be able to hear it too? It didn't make any sense, there shouldn't be any reason for her to hear it!

"Hey, what's up with you know?" Gajeel pressed, getting a little unnerved by the odd behavior from the Shadow Dragon Slayer he was facing.

"Kill Gajeel... that's my destiny..." Rogue shook violently a he held his head in his hands, cringing like the voice was hurting his ears as it was Frea's.

"No..!" Rogue hissed furiously.

"Calm down." Gajeel ordered, taking a small step back, confusion lifting up his red eyes.

"I'll lend you my power." The voice hissed, it being more ear piercing than before and Frea flinched at the noise. By now, both Moon and Rified realized where she was looking, and by the frowns on both their faces, they could tell something was wrong.

Not just with her, but with Rogue of all people.

Rogue seemed to have lost his mind, because pitch black shadows began to spin and circle him rapidly. Rogue swiped out in seconds, catching a confused Gajeel off guard, and sending him flying.

"What's going on?!"

"W-what happened? Rogue is suddenly acting strangely!"

"You..." Gajeel growled lowly as he sat up and wiped his chin off with the back of his hand, glaring at Rogue.

"Kukuku... " Frea sweatdropped when Rogue let out the low laugh she would never have expected to come from him. It wasn't his voice though, not completely, it had Rogue's voice, but it was lined with the high-pitched hissing sound of the Dark Form she could feel attached to the SaberTooth man.

Frea let her hands drop away from her ears as she looked down into the Arena, toward the screens. Gajeel seemed to sense something was off as well, because he sweatdropped a little and his eyes widened.

"Who are you?" Gajeel asked, as Rogue smiled wickedly, his magic engulfing him almost completely in black.

"Shadow." He answered. "The shadow that controls destiny. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 320 32
One day, a group of mystery mage attack Fairy Tail! Levy was cursed in the battle, can she survive? A story of the Fairy Tail couples and the battle...
4.4K 121 18
DISCLAIMER: This story is currently under EXTREME revising and editing! COMPLETED | 06/01/2015 REVISIONS STARTED | 07/16/2020 Book 1 of the FTFT seri...
576 48 8
Azura North, not your typical seventeen year old. She spent ten years being bound with chains. Her plan of escape didn't go so well. She lost her vis...
50.9K 1.6K 23
Hello! This is my first Fairy Tail story. If I'd have to be honest, I'm very excited for this new story. I hope you'll like it. Here's a mini summary...