Energy Magic [Fairy Tail]

By EnergyMageFrea

(Must read my first story, 'Lost Life', First!) Frea is back as her story continues along with Fairy Tail's... More

Chapter 1- My Point
Chapter 2- Travels
Chapter 3- Jogenen
Chapter 4- Realize That!
Chapter 5- Trust
Chapter 6- Chatting
Chapter 7- New Kid
Chapter 8- Test
Chapter 9- First Day
Chapter 10- My Mountain
Chapter 11- Hit Me
Chapter 12- Energy Signatures
Chapter 13- Find Me
Chapter 14- Stabilize
Chapter 15- Spells
Chapter 16- Troublemaker
Chapter 17- Not Our Job
Chapter 18- Choosing
Chapter 19- 1st Stage
Chapter 20- Deserving
Chapter 21- Second Stage... Or Not
Chapter 22- What To Do?
Chapter 23- The Tree Falls
Chapter 24- Magic Energy= Life
Chapter 25- Rest
Chapter 26- You're Late
Chapter 27- Save You
Chapter 28- Fairy Tail Mages
Chapter 29- Grimoire Heart Loses
Chapter 30- Dislike Or Hate?
Chapter 32- Together
Chapter 33- Going Home
Chapter 34- A Book?
Chapter 35- Brawl-Fest
Chapter 36- Favor
Chapter 37- Three Months
Chapter 38- New Mission
Chapter 39- Training With These Two?
Chapter 40- Battle On!
Chapter 41- Celestial Meeting
Chapter 42- Exceeds
Chapter 43- Moon
Chapter 44- Capital City
Chapter 45- Third Day
Chapter 46- I'm Back
Chapter 47- Lumen Histoire
Chapter 48- Ryuzetsu Land
Chapter 49- You Forgot?!
Chapter 50- It's A Mistake To Anger Us
Chapter 51- Tag Teams
Chapter 52- Fairy Tail VS SaberTooth
Chapter 53- Graveyard
Chapter 54- History
Chapter 55- Three Seconds
Chapter 56- Standing Still
Chapter 57- Last Day
Chapter 58- Turn Around!
Chapter 59- Rified
Chapter 60- Rogue VS Gajeel
Chapter 61- Victory Short Lived
Chapter 62- The Fight Starts Now!
Chapter 63- Lord of Death
Chapter 64- Second Origin?
Chapter 65- Recognition
Chapter 66- After [END OF BOOK 2]

Chapter 31- How You Knew

1K 47 1
By EnergyMageFrea

Chapter 31

How You knew

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

"Listen up everyone, I have an important announcement for you all!" Master called out from where he stood atop a stack of wooden boxes. All of the Fairy Tail Mages stood beneath them. His gaze passed over everyone one, and he sighed. "I have decided to Cancel the Exams this year." He announced.
Gray, Gajeel, Natsu and Elfman roared with protest.

"Why?!"

"What am I to do? So much has happened..." Master murmured.

"A Member of the Magic Council infiltrated the Guild, and Grimoire Heart showed up." Mira murmured from where she was glancing down at a clip-board with a pen in hand, Master nodded.

"A Man knows when its time to give up..." Elfman sighed.

"Aww MAN! I really thought I would be an S-Class this year!" Gray muttered.

"Don't worry Gray! Juvia is sire you'll become S-Class next year!' Juvia encouraged.

"I guess we don't have any choice..." Levy murmured.

"Don't give up just like that!" Gajeel snapped at her.

"Don't get so worked up about it." Lily replied to his partner.

"I really don't see why you guys are so disappointed." Frea murmured, arms crossed over her chest.

"You should at least be a little disappointed!" They countered and she shook her head.

"Wait, Gray, Juvia, Elfman and Levy have all given up!" Natsu grinned. "I'll become S-Class!" Master shook his head,

"Alright, special test. If you can beat me Natsu, I'll make you S-Class." Master told him and Natsu grinned widely.

"All Right! I'm all fired up!" Natsu lunged forward, "Fist of the-"

In an instant Master's hand had grown to a larger size and smashed Natsu against a tree. "I...Give..." Natsu gasped out and Frea shook her head,
He should have known that was a bad idea...

The group of Mages began to break up, Cana and Lucy walked away together while Happy, Natsu and Gildarts left. Chase sat down with Lily, Gajeel and Levy. Frea walked toward a clearing and sat down beside a tree, with her back resting against the bark and propping her knees up, crossing her arms over her chest.

Resting her head against the tree, she closed her eyes, but not before noticing Laxus, Freed, Evergreen, Bickslow and Lisanna sitting in the clearing she was in. Laxus was pulling on Lisanna's cheeks and peering closer and closer at her.

"Oww... What are you doing?" Lisanna murmured.

"Making sure your the real thing." Laxus replied.

"Go easy, or I'll feel bad for her." Evergreen smiled. Frea tilted her head a little.

"How rude! Of course I'm the real thing!" Lisanna snapped back, words a little muffled as Frea guessed Laxus pulled her cheeks again.

"Alright, alright! I'm sorry." Laxus chuckled and Frea heard Lisanna's fist hit his open hand. "Just have to make sure, your supposed to he dead." He explained.

"I'm curious," Frea spoke up without opening her eyes. "How did you know I was the 'real thing' when we ran into each other up on the mountain?" She asked. "You never kept second guessing your judgment when you saw me, you seemed to believe I was actually me." She murmured.

"Easy, your scent." Laxus huffed in reply, Frea smiled a little.

"That's not a good answer, if it were that easy you wouldn't be testing Lisanna like you are now, you would be able to tell by her scent." Frea replied. "Besides, scents can be changed and altered."

For a minute her words were met with silence and she was almost tempted to open her eyes to see if he was even listening anymore.

Why was he being so hesitant? He must have some kind of answer, when what she said was true. He had seemed pretty quick to accept the fact that she really was herself, not somebody posing her. He hadn't shown much suspicion then, as opposed to now where he seemed a little reluctant toward Lisanna.

Laxus' POV

Laxus had his gaze resting on the Energy Dragon leaning against the tree with her eyes closed. He was aware of Freed, Bickslow, Evergreen, and Lisanna waiting patiently for his answer.

He knew that his first answer had been a weak reply, but he had tried it any way. It was true that her scent made him more willing to believe it was really her before, but what she said about Scents being able to be altered was true.

No, her scent wasn't the reason he had known it was truly her.

To be honest, he really didn't know how he had known it was her. Maybe it was her... Attitude? No that wasn't quite right, it was something about her... Like he just knew her enough to be able to tell she was the real thing.

He wasn't going to say what he really thought out loud though, so he settled for an answer that was sure to annoy her.

"Fine, your attitude. The stubborn, hot-headed attitude that you have. Nobody even comes close when I try to describe you." He replied, aiming for it to be snarky and snide.

He was surprised when Frea fell silent at his words, he was expecting her to be mad... So why is she just sitting there?

"Alright..." She murmured and fell silent again. Laxus' own surprise could be seen in the faces of the other Mages sitting around them. They too had been expecting Frea to snap at him for his second answer.

Frea POV

Frea smiled a little on the inside, she could tell by the way he had hesitated with his answer, that what he had said wasn't completely true. But the attitude answer, it had a little truth in it, she was sure.

They had been fighting and arguing with each other so long, it'd be impossible not to get to know one another at least a little. So it probably was something about the way she acted or spoke that he had recognized as being truly her. But there was defiantly something he had thought, but not spoken.

Or maybe it was something he didn't understand?

She let out a silent sigh, she could only play guessing games in her head. Laxus was never easy to understand, and she really didn't feel like trying to figure him out at the moment.

She had a very easy way of knowing whether or not somebody is a fake. Energy Mage senses, and she was never one to forget the Energy Signature of someone in the guild.

Her temper had definitely simmered down a little, so she really didn't feel like arguing in circles with the Lightning Dragon anymore. What good did it do anyway? All it accomplished was both of them spouting harsh comments and hitting one another.

They had started up another conversation as Wendy and Erza appeared, Wendy nervously introducing herself to Laxus. Frea knew she must be nervous, the little Dragon Slayer must bot have heard many nice things about Laxus while she was at the Guild, Frea herself hadn't exactly put in a good word for him with Wendy. She didn't feel like listening, she was much more content to just sit in silence and relax.

As her mind drifted off she found herself reliving all of the fights she had started with Laxus when they were younger, her anger and annoyance toward him for the hateful remarks and names. When she really thought about it, she didn't have hardly any memories involving him where they weren't bickering or battling.

Did we always fight so much?

Though today wasn't a good example, she felt as if Laxus might have warmed up to her at least a little. He apologized for being an idiotic jerk to her at the Harvest Festival. And he had started using her actual name more often now...

Maybe she ought to be nicer to him.

But that didn't seem easy when he was still persistent to annoy her, he always was one to make things more difficult than they ought to be...

She opened her eyes slightly and rested them on the ground before her, her memories suddenly brought her to that day she had gotten hurt while fighting with Rified. Laxus was there, and he had gotten some sense into her at the time.

It was because of his attitude, the way he yelled at her for giving up, it was because of that she was alive right now. She smiled a little,

Mental note: Try to be a little nicer to Laxus, even if he is an idiotic bastard sometimes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 777 12
My name is Lucy Heartfilia, a beginning journalist. My new assignment? Make a man fall in love with me in 10 days. _______________________________ Wh...
262K 6.2K 54
We already know about the typical stories about Lucy leaving the guild well this is one of them as well but only on the beginning, because afterwards...
435 4 22
She didn't remember who she was before finding her way to Fairy Tail. Journey back to the beginning to find out how Angel became who she is today. Jo...
3.4K 284 28
NEW PEOPLE. NEW HAPPENINGS. NEW GENERATION. A NEW BEGINNING Will Fairy Tail survive? Or Will they lose? [STORY COMPLETED]