Jay Cee El

By HisPrincess6996

BOOK 1: After the help from her family, Liz decides to audition for The X Factor USA. Singing has been her pa... More

Jay Cee El
One // The Talent Show
Two // Colorado Heat
Three // Carvel
Four // June 8th
Five // June 27th
Six // June 28th
Seven // Welcome To Boot Camp
Eight // First Impressions
Nine // A Drop In The Ocean
Ten // Perfect
Eleven // Put Through
Twelve // Paired To Perform
Thirteen // Mishaps and Confidence
Fourteen // Don't Cry, It's Only The Beginning
Fifteen // A Long Few Weeks
Sixteen // God Awful Group
Seventeen // Give 'em Hell
Eighteen // Scar
Nineteen // Goodbyes
Twenty // Maine
Twenty One // Something More
Twenty Two // Love
Twenty Three // I Hate You Two
Twenty Four // More Fighting
Twenty Five // I'm Sorry
Twenty Six // Meetings
Twenty Seven // Happy For You
Twenty Eight // The Beach
Twenty Nine // Embarrassment
Thirty // Labor Day Weekend
Thirty One // Rambles
Thirty Two // Welcome To France
Thirty Three // Mentor
Thirty Four // Just A Long Day
Thirty Five // Jay Cee El
Thirty Six // Tourists For The Day
Thirty Eight // Nervousness
Thirty Nine // Home
Forty // Numb
Forty One // Arriving In L.A
Forty Two // Week One - Wings
Forty Three // Result Night
Forty Four // Out and About
Forty Five // Week Two - Don't You Forget About Me
Forty Six // The Twitcam
Forty Seven // Week Three - Titanium
Forty Eight // Together Again
Forty Nine // Week Four - When I Look At You
Fifty // Week Five - My Immortal
Fifty One // A Date
Fifty Two // Week Six - British Takeover
Fifty Three // First...
Fifty Four // Love Her
Fifty Five // Week Seven - Semi Final
Fifty Six // Result Show
Fifty Seven // First Impressions
Fifty Eight // Drooling
Fifty Nine // Oh, I Know
Sixty // Pizza And Cherry Lipstick
Sixty One // I'm Sorry
Sixty Two // Favorite Performance
Sixty Three // "Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for One Direction"
Sixty Four // After Parties
Sixty Five // Niall Or Evan
Sixty Six // All I Want For Christmas...
Sixty Seven // And The Winner Is... Oh My God
Sixty Eight // Club
Sixty Nine // Last Night In L.A.
Seventy // The Meeting
Seventy One // That's Not Even The Best Part
Seventy Two // Where Are You Moving To?
Seventy Three // Merry Christmas
Seventy Four // Split Soda and Nick Jonas
Seventy Five // Welcome To London
Seventy Six // Shopping Cart Adventures
Seventy Seven // Reunions
Seventy Eight // All Coming Together
Seventy Nine // Rehearsal
Eighty // Oops...
Eighty One // The Night Before And The Night After
Eighty Two // Last Night Before We Leave
Eighty Three // Radio Interview
Eighty Four // Madrid
Eighty Five // I Hate Goodbyes
Eighty Six // The Start Of The Video
Eighty Seven // Ellen
Eighty Eight // Months To Pass
Eighty Nine // Australian Joy
Ninety // Internet Friends Brought To Life
Ninety One // Amps and Ankles
Ninety Two // Street Meet
Ninety Three // Truth Or Truth
Ninety Four // Fight Song
Ninety Five // Plans And Second Dates
Ninety Six // The Last Chapter
Note

Thirty Seven // Just The Way You Are

1.1K 35 21
By HisPrincess6996

[rewritten]

Here is the next chapter!

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><><> 

Julie's P.O.V

The song came to an end and Gale nodded his head in excitement, his smile wide. The girls and I have been rehearsing the song we chose to sing in front of Simon all day. We've chosen to sing Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars. We've changed the lyrics around so that it would be almost like we were singing to a guy, instead of us singing to a girl or something along those lines.

We have been working all day by the pool and I was dying for something to drink. My throat was beginning to ache with the amount of singing that we've done. I think that Liz was having the same problem, because she kept rubbing her throat. Luckily for us, Gale noticed and he sent Liz inside to grab a few water bottles.

I sat down on one of the chairs that was next to the pool and rubbed my forehead, feeling the sweat that had dripped down onto my face. It was really hot and being in the sun all day hasn't helped. Thank God for tank tops, I don't think that I could've lived without them. The worst part was that the cameras have been on us for the entire time and I did not look good.

"You girls have been doing great. I think I've got down the way that I want to split the song up and I want to run through it one more. I'll give you the lyrics when Liz gets back." Gale said, shuffling through some papers.

"Sounds good. After that what are we supposed to do?" I asked, clearing my throat in an uncomfortable manner.

"After that I want you three on vocal rest until tomorrow and I want the three of you to have a glass of tea with honey in it before you go to bed tonight. Tomorrow for breakfast I will have a smoothie that works wonders for your throat." Gale said.

"And what exactly is in that smoothie or yours?" Caitlin asked, kicking off her flip flops and dipping her feet into the cool water. I didn't blame her, it was really hot out today. It's September fifteenth, it should be getting colder by now.

"Don't you worry about that, Caitlin. Now I've got to make a quick phone call, I'll be back in a few minutes." Gale said, pulling out his phone. I watched as he dialed a number and pressed the phone to his ear. "Ben, hi. I've missed you..." He walked away, and I wasn't able to hear the rest of his conversation.

"That must be the mysterious boyfriend. Gale actually told me that his boyfriend worked with the X Factor too. Apparently he is the stylist for an act, he doesn't know who he'll be working with though. I'm guessing that if we make it to the live shows, he'll be with us." Caitlin said.

"What makes you think that?" I asked her.

"Well if we get through to the live shows, Gale will still be working with us, so naturally I assume that Ben would work with us too." Caitlin shrugged her shoulders. It made sense that we would have him as our stylist, but that's only if we get to the live shows.

We sat in silence after that, just listening to the sounds of someone singing in the distance. Another band was working outside too, but further away from us. Other than that, I could only hear the sounds of Caitlin moving her feet back and forth in the water.

The silence was disturbed by the sound of someone walking and when I opened my eyes, I saw Liz walking towards us. She was walking fast towards us and when she was finally got to us, she let out a huge breath and collapsed onto the chair. I laughed quietly at her, "Are you okay?" I asked.

"No, I am not okay. I just had the most embarrassing moment in my entire life." She said.

"What happened?" Caitlin asked.

"Okay," Liz began, "I was in the kitchen, getting a few water bottles for us. And then freaking Cher Lloyd walks in and I get all nervous, I started to sweat! So I was obviously star struck and she starts talking to me about what was for dinner tonight and I had no idea so I stuttered out in nervousness and then she asked me if I was okay and then I said and I quote, 'Can you tell Niall Horan to date me?'." Liz rambled.

I laughed loudly, clapping my hands together. "Oh that's rich. What did she say after that? Did she tell you that you were obsessing over a celebrity?" I asked her.

"I'm not obsessed with him, I just love him is all. And I didn't say anything because I panicked and dropped the water bottles and ran out of the room." Liz said.

"Aw, that must've been the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you." Caitlin said. Liz looked over at the pink haired girl, glaring.

"Thank you Caitlin, I had no idea." Liz said. I stifled a laugh as Gale walked back up to us, his phone away and his cheeks red. He must have been blushing. I really hope that I'll get to meet this Ben person. He seems really nice.

"You alright there, Gale?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh, I'm fine. I'm good." He chuckled quietly. "It's just... Ben." He laughed.

"That's adorable. I wish I had a boyfriend." Liz said.

"You would, if you and Beck would admit your feelings towards each other." Caitlin said.

"Oh my God, I do not like Beck. We are just friends!" Liz said.

I shook my head, "That's what they all say."

<><> 

I checked the mirror once more, making sure that my hair was just right. I had it curled and let it drop down my back. I made sure that my makeup was perfect to, the wings of my eyeliner even on both sides. Once I knew that I looked good, I moved away from the mirror and left the bathroom. Veronica was standing by the door and when she saw me, she smiled. She was in the band Escape, who were all so nice. They were one of the bands that had been together for a while.

The awkward encounter was soon over soon enough, as she walked into the bathroom and I started to make my way to my bedroom. The girls were in there, talking loudly of the moments that were to come. Today was the day. It was the sixteenth and we were performing our song in front Simon and Cher. Liz had been so nervous that she barely slept last night, tossing and turning the entire time. Of course that meant that she kept Caitlin and I up. I was dead tired but I knew that I needed to bring my A game with me. And so did Liz and Caitlin, because without them, I wasn't going to get anywhere.

"You girls ready to go?" I asked, looking at the two of them. They both looked insanely gorgeous. Caitlin's dress highlighted her hair and Liz's outfit accented her curves so much it would make a grown man fall to his knees.

"Yeah, I'm ready to go. I'm so nervous." Liz said, tucking a wave behind her ear.

"Don't be, we are going to do great."

<><> 

"Jay Cee El." Mark said, calling our name.

The girls and I exchanged a look before we all stood up. I felt my hand being taken and I almost pulled away, but the tight squeeze that Liz was giving me showed me that she needed it. My other hand was taken and I looked over, watching as Caitlin smiled at me. I wasn't used to this amount of.... affection was it? Physical contact? I've never liked it but right now, I didn't mind it that much. I liked it, it was comforting almost.

The three of us followed Mark out the door to the patio that Simon and Cher were waiting at. Three microphone stands were sitting about ten feet in front of them, and our audition pictures were sitting on the top of the coffee table type thing that sat in front of the mentors. The two adults smiled at us and I returned it, trying to act confident. I knew that I was ready for this. The girls and I have been on vocal rest since yesterday and then this morning we had our smoothie that Gale made - it was disgusting.

"Hello girls, how have you been?" Simon asked.

"We've been great, Simon. And you two?" Caitlin asked.

"Couldn't complain. You three can start whenever you are ready." He said. I nodded and walked towards the microphone, taking the one in the middle. Caitlin and Liz came to the sides, adjusting the stands to fit their height. After a few seconds, we could hear the song begin.

I set my hands on the microphone, beginning to sing the first part of the song, the oh's. My eyes managed to close for the time being, only opening when Liz began to sing.

"Oh, his eyes, his eyes make the stars look like they're not shinin'. His hair, his hair falls perfectly without him trying, He's so beautiful and I tell him every day. Yeah." She sang. Her voice came out so beautifully, the vocal rest did us all so good.

Caitlin leaned into the microphone, "I know, I know, when I compliment him, he won't believe me. And it's so, it's so sad to think that he don't see what I see. But every time he asks me, "Do I look okay?" I say." She sang.

Both Liz and I stepped up, joining in with Caitlin to sing the chorus. "When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change. 'Cause you're amazing, just the way you are, and when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while, 'Cause, man, you're amazing, just the way you are." We sang, Liz singing the 'yeah' at the end.

"His lips, his lips," I sang, smiling as I did. "I could kiss them all day if he'd let me. His laugh, his laugh, he hates but I think it's so sexy. He's so beautiful, and I tell him every day." I finished as Liz began.

"Oh you know, you know, you know, I'd never ask you to change. If perfect's what you're searching for then just stay the same. So don't even bother asking if you look okay, you know I'll say." She sang, holding out the note a little bit before we launched back into the chorus.

"When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change. 'Cause you're amazing, just the way you are, and when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while, 'Cause, man, you're amazing, just the way you are." We sang, Liz singing the 'yeah' at the end like she did before.

Caitlin moved in, singing her favorite part of the song. "The way you are, the way you are. Man, you're amazing, just the way you are." She sang amazingly. Her voice was so pretty and it hit so many high notes. Her vocal range was impeccable.

"When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change. 'Cause you're amazing, just the way you are, and when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while, 'Cause, man, you're amazing, just the way you are." We sang, Liz singing the 'yeah' at the end to end the song.

As the song finally finished, I let out a breathless laugh. We did and if I say so myself, we sounded great. We were harmonizing in the right places, and I didn't hear the girls' voice crack once. I really hope that mine didn't either, though it seemed like it didn't. I looked up from the patio floor to the judges, taking in their expression. Simon had a curious yet serious expression while Cher had a more, excited and happy expression.

I wasn't sure what it meant, all I know is that tomorrow my life was going to change for the better or for the worse.

<><><><><><><><> 

I hope you liked the chapter. We are honestly so close to Niall discovering Liz, I promise, it is coming soon. I also hope that you are liking the rewritten version. I just wanted to make it the best I can and I honestly like this so much better because it shows the relationship between the girls before I throw the boys into it.

(Though I don't understand how there's so many chapters, I really don't)

Please VOTE and COMMENT my lil' Gummy Worms!

~Amanda xx

—Gif above is of Julie

—In the external link there is a picture of their outfits

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 576 28
I sighed as I looked at my family: Liam my husband, Niall my lovely boy, Harry my adorable toddler and Zayn a 'terrible teen'. They aren't my REAL ch...
50.9K 386 49
Gabby is a junior high school student in Atlanta. She had a vacation in London with her family which lead her to knowing Harry and his 1 direction f...
45K 796 18
{Book 1} Louis Tomlinson had gotten custody of his 2 sisters, Lottie and Fizzy. He assumed it'd be an easy job. He had also assumed it'd be even easi...
13.3K 300 31
Jordan is just your average 17 year old teenager. Well except for the fact that she's depressed, cutting and living alone. After running away from h...