Next to me | #Wattys2019

By laurysdiary

COMPLETED Laura Anderson doesn't like breaking rules, she tries to be as far away as she can from danger. She... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 16

117 12 3
By laurysdiary

Chapter 16

"How about this one?" I showed Graham a dark green dress I had bought a few weeks ago, I was slowly starting to like dresses.

Graham sighed in annoyance, "Why do I have the feeling I'm always advicing you on what to wear?"

I rolled my eyes and chuckled loudly, "Do you like it or nah?"

"I honestly don't like it," He let out seriously, "I don't like it because I'm sure you'll look stunning on it and the other boys will look at you and I simply... don't want the other guys to stare at you." He said breathlessly.

I arched my eyebrows surprised, "Graham, it's not like we're dating, the fact we kiss doesn't label us, it's all because of a deal, remember?" I mean I did wanted to date him, but we weren't actually dating in proper words. I thought he had caught the indirect but guys are sometimes just so blind.

He dropped my gaze, "Do what you want, then."

I rolled my eyes and let out a little sigh, "I'll just wear a pair of black skinny jeans and a sweatshirt. Does that work for you?"

Graham grinned with emotion, "Yas."

~☆~

"Graham! Yo, buddy! It's been a while, how've you been?" A red haired boy exclaimed as soon as we entered the house were the party was taking place.

Graham widened his eyes with excitement, "Preston, my friend!" We walk towards Preston and he and Graham made this weird handshake boys do.

"Yo, Preson, this is Laus," Graham introduced. I shook hands with Preston and cracked a little polite smile.

"Wait," He said then, "I'm gonna bring the rest of the squad, I'm sure they'll love to see you..." Preston walked away with a certain amount of happiness in his face, Graham and him must've been really good friends.

A few seconds later 2 more boys were walking/running towards us leaded by Preston.

"Graham! Graham!" They both yelled.

I looked at Graham and saw him smiling widely, it really made me happy seeing him so happy.

"Jacob, Cameron! I missed you guys," They shared a little hug, not too long since it would've been really awkward.

"Who's this chick?' Cameron arched an eyebrow looking at me.

Graham poked his shoulder playfully, "She's certainly not your chick, her name is Laus."

"Yo, you can't tell me who's and who's not my chick," Cameron mumbled amused.

Jacob smirked, "That's because the chick is already taken, Cameron."

Graham's cheeks flushed a brighter color of red at the same time I blushed.

Preston laughed, "You guys are so cute, oh my gosh."

"But... Johanna is here... I bet she won't think you guys are exactly cute." Cameron added.

"Oh c'mon guys, leave it. Let's go dance." Graham told them moving his hand with indiference.

Preston, Cameron and Jacob walked away, Graham started to follow them but I grabbed his sleeve and stopped him, he turned around and arched his eyebrows curiously.

"Who's Johanna?" I asked pressing my lips, "Your ex?"

He winced rubbing the back of his neck, "Something like that...? I mean, I had to leave her 'cause we were moving and all..."

"Oh," My heart skipped a beat, "Do you... do you still have feelings for her?"

He licked his lips, "Look, I'm not gonna lie, I don't know. I don't know if I still have feelings for her. It's been a while since we don't see each other and I... I really just don't know."

I blinked a couple of times trying to hide the pain that his words had caused me, "Okay... Um... I'm gonna go look for Lea."

He nodded silently as I walked away with a burning feeling in my chest. When I finally found Lea I explained to her what Graham had just told me.

"Girl, it's totally normal, he's confused, that's all. You'll see how everything works out fine." She consoled me.

"Thank you, Lea... I know I'm a bit of an overreactive person and I can be really annoying sometimes even though -"

Suddenly Lea's gaze froze, she bit her lip and whispered, "Uh, don't turn around."

"What?" I muttered confused.

"Don't. Turn. Around." Lea pronounced every word carefully.

"Oh gosh, Lea. What's wrong?" I said starting to turn around, she sent me a warning look but I still continued moving until I understood what Lea was trying to avoid.

~☆~

"I don't care about your part of the story, Graham. I saw what I saw."

I ran out of the house where the party was taking place and stopped midway through the front-yard, I brang both hands to my temple, why was everything suddenly moving? Why was I feeling so dizzy?

"No, you saw what you wanted to see, I-"

"You're trying to tell me you didn't kiss Johanna? C'mon liar stab me in the back again, let's enjoy how I bleed..." I muttered lowering my head in sign of sadness but flexing my jaw in anger.

"She kissed me, I didn't," He explained.

I widened my eyes, "You're such an asshole, Graham. I don't care who kissed who, you could've pulled away anyways..." I sighed in annoyance trying to ignore the burning feeling in my chest and the nut in my throat, "I believed in you Graham, I really did, I really thought I could help you change but all I helped you was to make your Girls-I've-Played-With list longer."

"I think that makes three," Graham muttered.

"Three what?" I yelled without understanding what he was saying.

He smiled shyly... but why? He should feel guilty after what I had just told him... "Three mean comments."

I suddenly understand what he was trying to say: The Deal. The mean comments and their respective kisses. But it was obvious the deal had broke, I mean, he had just cheated on me, I don't think that was fair.

Let me remind you, "It's not like we're dating, Graham."

I know! But... the deal is over, anyways. And I hate Graham 'cause I didn't see any guilt in his eyes, and that was strange, he should be guilty after what he had just done.

"Graham," I snapped, "Get the mean comments and the deal and go shove them inside your ass."

Graham smirked amusingly, "I think that makes four."

"Graham, Jesus, you don't understand," I yelled, his indiference was making me lose my temper, "We are over, I mean we weren't something, but it's over, anyways."

"You can't end something that hasn't even started yet," He cleared.

"Yet?" I whispered. How dare he? After what he just did... how dare he flirt with me? How dare he even breathe the same oxygen I was breathing? I was sick of this guy who constantly hurted me, I had to move on, "I'm going home, have fun with your girlfriend."

"She's not my-"

"Save it," I mumbled as I turned around and started walking away.

"You know, you're being so weird right now," He continued saying as I continued walking away, "The Laura I know would listen to my part of the story, the Laura I know would listen to me and trust me because she's a fighter and she doesn't give up."

I stopped walking and turned around slowly.

"But I guess that Laura doesn't exist anymore," He whispered loud enough for me to hear.

"My name is Laus, not Laura. And you're totally right," I took a step forward even though we were still pretty far away from each other.

"Don't be silly, Laus."

"Oh, so now my name's Laus? I thought I was Laura, the fighter, the girl who never gives up, the girl who gave her friend about one million thousand hundered second chances just so he could throw them away just like he does with every single girl that shows the minimum insterest in him."

"Laus," He warned me, but I didn't want to stop, I knew I was touching his nerve and he deserved it, I had sticked up to him and had passed through so many tough times just so he could continue being my friend, and now that I though about it, all I had done had been useless.

"Graham, you'll never change. You're a lost case, the only good inside of you died with your father, you'll never gonna get it back just how you're never gonna get your father back. Things happen, and sometimes there's no back in time, there's no change the past, you are who you are and sincerely, I think you can't change," I looked at him deeply and finally saw a hint of guilt in his eyes which made me feel even more powerful, "You'll continue being the same jerk and player you are now. I've tried with all my heart and body to help you but I can't... and God knows who can... To sum up, Graham, you're a lost case."

"What if I'm a lost case? What can I do? Does that mean I have nothing to do here?" He pressed his lips harder and walked towards me, we were now standing in front of each other, "Do you mean I could jump off a cliff and nothing would change, nobody would care?"

I widened my eyes, "Of course not, Graham. Everything would change, we would obviously care."

"Then I don't see the bad thing in being a lost case," He cracked a smile, not a happy smile but a sad, nostalgic smile which made my heart pound deeper, "Lost cases can be loved."

"Lost cases can be loved, " I repeated, "But not when they make out with their ex-girlfriends in front of their... Lauras."

"You're so adorable when you try to make up something with sense but you fail and it turns out to be something even funny..." Graham tilted his head to the side and looked at me amusingly.

I crossed my arms, "I'm being serious here, I'm angry."

Graham brang his hand to his chest, "Oh, c'mon Laus, you know I didn't want to kiss her."

"How do you know I know you didn't want to kiss her, huh?" I asked him with a singsong voice.

He smirked, "I mean, I did wanted to kiss someone, but not Johanna."

My lips pressed harder and the oxygen suddenly felt thicker, who was that girl Graham wanted to kiss? Why couldn't life be easier? I felt how my cheeks flushed a brighter color of red, I was sure Graham was feeling how jealous I was... Jealousy, woah, I hadn't experimented that feeling since like... elementary.

"Dummy," Graham whispered, "There's no other girl, it's you. The girl I wanted to kiss was you."

I bit the inside of my cheek, I felt my throat tied in a nut and my stomach in a whirl like if someone had just thrown a bunch of confetti, rainbow and unicorns inside my body. I couldn't be happier, Graham had just said out loud he wanted to kiss me. And in a way my heart couldn't stand.

"You... wanted... kiss... B-but why?" I tried to say.

He cupped my cheek, "Because I like you, I like you, I like you and I like you and I-"

I get he had just confessed he liked me but it was just too much to handle in one day. I was supposed to be mad at him because of his recent make-out session with his ex. And now he was telling me he liked me?

I just... couldn't. I needed time, space, air.

"Could you just... stop talking?" I cut him shyly, "Let's pretend you didn't say anything sweet so I can pretend I'm mad at you for half-cheating on me."

He eyed me weirdly but still nodded, I turned around heading to the car decided to try hating on Graham for, at least, a couple of hours.

It couldn't be good that he hurt me in so many different ways yet I didn't react...

Author's Note

2003 WORDS BITCHESS YASSSS
I will be uploading faster from now on;););) but as y'all know I really am UNEXPECTED leonelli, haha bad joke....

Anywayyss did u enjoy this chapter??? :):)

See yaaa

VOTE!!!!!
COMMENT!!!!1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308 4 21
A new boy comes to a new highschool. He is seen as the school's bad boy. Until he meets a girl of his dreams! He soon realizes he is in love her, but...
23.1K 751 32
May is a tough girl that doesn't let anybody tell her what to do. She lives her life how she wants. But when a house burns down in a different neighb...
32.2K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
96 0 27
All her life it's been the same. Same classes every week, same dinner with her family every night, even the same fights with her little brother, but...