Death by Granger

By amythecinnabunny

*** rewrite in posting *** 1998, August 1 Dear Hogwarts Student As headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcr... More

THE REWRITE IS IN POSTING
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Hey guys
e x t r a
DBG is getting a rewrite!!

Chapter 22

7.5K 299 53
By amythecinnabunny

The door was slightly open and the eight students outside could hear what was going on. McGonagall spoke at the front.

"And now, I bring you the students that fought bravely against Voldemort, willing to die for our school. Neville Longbottom, who fought within our school and his date for tonight, Luna Lovegood!"

Neville walked in with Luna, extremely shy.

"Ronald Weasley, who was with Harry Potter and Hermione Granger on a journey to destroy Voldemort, and his date for tonight, Sierra Lynx!"

Ron smiled at people and tried to get Sierra to smile. The poor girl looked overwhelmed with all the attention.

"Harry Potter, who killed Voldemort in the end and Ginny Weasley, a brave fighter from within Hogwarts!"

As Harry and Ginny went in, Hermione glanced at Malfoy. "It's no wonder Ron's head is so big. His ego could rival yours."

"No one's ego can rival mine, Granger. I'm the best."

"See what I mean?"

"Hermione Granger, the brains of out Golden Trio and her date for tonight, Draco Malfoy!"

"Good grief, just walk me in and smile nicely."

Draco and Hermione walked in, and Draco smirked at her. "Sorry, Granny, not in my DNA."

Hermione rolled her eyes and joined the others in the center. The music started up and the first dance was for the eight. "Merlin, why do I come to these?"

Draco smirked as he led Hermione in the center of the room. "You couldn't say no to me, Granger."

"No, I couldn't refuse the Firewhiskey."

"Funny."

Draco gave Hermione a twirl and they heard quite a few guests ooh and Ahh at the girls' dresses. Hermione and Ginny's eyes locked and Hermione send her a thumbs up. Ginny replied with a wide grin.

"You know what's the problem, tonight?"

Hermione glanced up at Draco. By now, more people had joined on the dance floor. "What?"

"Parkinson. She's glaring at us."

Hermione grinned. "Let her glare. It's not ruining my life. Yet, anyway."

"Why is she so bothered that you know she's a mudblood, or is it the fact that she's "equal" to you?"

"It's the fact that she's inferior," Hermione mumbled.

"What?"

"Did you hear that? No you didn't. Erase that."

"Granger, I heard it quite clearly. What do you mean by that?"

Hermione sighed. She took a deep breath but before she spoke, Ron was there. "Hermione?"

Hermione stopped dancing and looked at him. Sierrs was a little behind him. "Yes? Can I help you?"

"You ... you're ... Hermione,"

Hermione raised an eyebrow. "Care to finish that sentence. I don't understand you."

"You're Aileen," he squeaked. Ginny heard and stopped dancing. She walked over.

"Don't be silly, Ron. Hermione's not her. Hermione was in the library that night."

Harry peered closer. "He's right, Gin. She does look like Aileen."

Ginny glanced at Hermione. "Hermione's not a Death Eater! She can't be Aileen!"

Harry seemed to understand this but Ron seemed set on the idea that Hermione was Aileen. The other dancers had avoided the group, but they had now stopped to watch what was going on. Pansy chose this moment to walk up to them.

"I knew it! I knew you were dating mudblood Granger!"

Hermione rolled her eyes. "You two are the only ones who seem to have a problem with it, so back off."

Draco's Dark Mark began tingling. "Granger, calm down."

Hermione took a deep breath. Them she took Draco's arm and the two turned away. "Don't you dare walk away from me, you stupid-"

Hermione turned back to Pansy. "Mudblood? You should know by know that's hardly an insult. You wouldn't like it if people called you that, now would you?" Hermione narrowed her eyes and Draco could have sworn he saw them flash red.

Hermione turned away again. "You stupid, little pureblooded Death Eater!"

People in the Hall gasped. Hermione waked calmly back to Pansy. "What did you call me?"

"Pureblooded Death Eater."

"I'm not a mudblood anymore? No? Have you decided to take my place?"

Ron and Harry watched on, while Ginny was almost chewing her nails.

"You can't prove anything, Granger."

"Neither can you, Parkinson."

"Slowly, your charm will wear off, and everyone will see what you are," Pansy hissed so no one heard.

Hermione stepped back. She was right. Soon, the charm will wear off, and Hermione couldn't replace the charm with everyone watching.

"Granger, she's right," Draco whispered in her ear from behind. "I know."

Pansy took the opportunity to throw a curse at Hermione. The curse was deflected at the last second, by Theo who manged to cast a shield in time. Hermione stood next to Draco, with Theo and Blaise on either side of the two. "You mess with one of us," Theo began.

"You mess with all of us," Blaise finished.

"How cute!" Pansy spat. "You've got them wrapped around your little finger." She threw another charm which Blaise deflected while Theo shot another back.

Hermione pushed past them and stood in front. "Back off, Parkinson, and leave us alone."

Pansy gave a mad laugh and pointed at Hermione. "Secret's out, pureblood."

Hermione glanced at her arm, her Dark Mark was beginning to show.

"Scared to fight me, mudblood?"

People all around the hall were confused.

"Hermione?"

Hermione turned to her friends. Harry looked so broken, while Ron looked furious. "How could you?" He spat.

"Ron, Harry."

They stepped back from her. Hermione's eyes clouded over. "I told you, you wouldn't understand."

"How can we? We trusted you."

Hermione frowned. "You don't belive me? That I was on your side? Just let me say this, I was more valuable to Hogwarts than Snape wished to be."

Harry shook his head. "I'd have thought you'd tell me at least."

"Hermione!"

Hermione turned to see Theo get hit with a curse she looked in the direction where it came from and found Pansy facing Draco.

Hermione raced toward them and threw a shield in time to stop the curse. She slid to a stop in front of Draco. "You want me to be a pureblooded Death Eater? Fine, that's what I'll be."

Hermione's Dark Mark was glowing a fiery red, and so were the three boys'

Hermione seemed to be on fire once more. "Granger," Draco called.

Hermione grinned. "Don't worry. I've got it under control this time."

The flames slowly advanced toward Pansy. "Fiendfyre, Parkinson. Don't bother with water. As a Death Eater, this was my favourite defence. Now I'll use it for attack."

Hermione let the flames lick Pansy's dress before putting it out. "I'm not what you think I am. I have never attacked someone with no reason, I have never killed a Hogwarts Student or fighter, I have never, ever, served Voldemort, so take your stupid insults and throw them at someone who cares what you think. Because I don't. I don't care if you've turned the whole school against me. You'll die a miserable person if you carry on like this, but I don't have the patience to help someone like you."

Hermione joined Blaise and Draco by Theo's side. He seemed to be alright, slightly dazed. "Oh my god. Are you alright? What did she use?"

"Cruciatus Curse and something else. I didn't catch it."

Hermione stood up. "This is all my fault."

Draco stood up too. "Stop blaming yourself for everything."

Pansy picked herself up and aimed her wand at Hermione. The whole thing seemed to happen slowly to Hermione.

Pansy's mouth forming the Killing Curse.

Hermione herself stepping in front of Draco and casting a spell she'd used only once before.

And then everything went black as she fell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 80 30
After the Second Wizarding War and Hogwarts has been pieced back together to reopen- Hermione Granger makes the decision to finish her education as i...
17.8K 422 34
WARNING!! I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING!! NOT EVEN THE PLOT OR STORY!! CHARACTERS AND SETTING ALL BELONGS TO J.K. ROWLING! PLOT AND STORY AND WRITING ALL BEL...
9.9K 641 40
*EDITING RN* There's something achingly beautiful about Draco Malfoy. When Grier Langston first arrives at Hogwarts for her 6th year of magical educ...
29K 530 61
Haley Snape finally gets to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry although against her so called "fathers" wishes. But the two will do an...