The Perfect Summer

By AutumnFireflyx

Alison is looking forward to the best summer EVER with her best friend Serena. When Ali and Serena go away fo... More

Chapter 1: Ali and Serena
Chapter 2: It's time to go
Chapter 3: Hitting the road
Chapter 4: Sightseeing?
Chapter 5: Skateboarding
Chapter 6: Unexpected
Chapter 7: Wesley and connor
Chapter 8: Problems
Chapter 9: unresolved diffrences
Chapter 10: The day after
Chapter 11: Unforgivable Lies
Chapter 12: Concert
Chapter 13: Maybe?
Chapter 14: Date night
Chapter 15: Volleyball
Chapter 16: Tell me Lies
Chapter 17: Serena
Chapter 18: No Promises
Chapter 19: Realization
Chapter 20: Lies
Chapter 21: Scars and Memories
Chapter 22: Before I die
Chapter 23: New friends and old enemies
Chapter 24: Hair
Chapter 25: wait, what?
Chapter 26: Remember
Chapter 27: Where the cool kids hang out
Chapter 28: The Perfect Summer Plan
Chapter 29: Another Day
Chapter 30: Romeo's
Chapter 31: The Bonfire
Chapter 32: End Of The Road
Chapter 33: You Must Have Me Confused
Chapter 34: Happy Never After
Chapter 35: A reason?
Chapter 36: Bye Bye
Chapter 37: Hot
Chapter 38: I want easy
Chapter 39: Nerves and endings
Chapter 41: True Love
Chapter 42: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 43: "It was a good summer" - Perfect Stranger.
Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE: PLEASE READ

Chapter 40: The Best Day

2.7K 70 13
By AutumnFireflyx

Picture of Elizabeths hair/make-up to the side ---->

"Urgh, no this looks horrible," Elizabeth exclaimed. She decided that the silver ring she was wearing on her right hand was too much. She was trying to keep everything simple.

Elizabeth had this calm aura about her, like a swan - calm on the surface but really kicking underneath. Only, she was hiding it so well, I wasn't completely sure that she was nervous at all - but every bride gets nervous on their wedding day, right?

I took a long hot shower, we had woken up so early that it was refreshing, and woke me up. I grabbed a blue towel from the windowsill and wrapped it around myself - heading back to the room.

Elizabeth was in the same spot, sitting on a chair, staring at her reflection in the mirror. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess I'm finally getting a little nervous - I mean it's not like I have any doubt about spending the rest of my life with him, but it's a scary thought," She said, quietly.

"Yeah, I know, but you'll be fine! You wanna get your dress on?" I asked.

She got up and took the dress down from where it was hanging, on the white bedroom door. She got it on in a matter of minutes and stepped out, it looked gorgeous - she looked gorgeous.

The material hung to all the right part of her body, it was soft and flowy. Around the waist there was an assortment of diamonds to add to the chiffon dress. She twirled around for me, smiling. it was lace around the top.

"You look beautiful," I said, and I meant it.

"Thanks," She said while inspecting herself in the mirror, before applying a dark red lipstick. I made a face, the dress was beautiful, the make-up not so much.

"We're here," Lara and Lauren both screamed as they barged into the room nearly knocking me over. I quickly grabbed my towel to keep my dignity!

"Don't worry, it's just us girls," Lara said, winking at me. I glared at her.

Suddenly, I heard a shriek, "No, no no no no," Lauren kept repeating. "I told you that I would do your make-up," She stated.

I looked at Elizabeth's make-up, she hadn't done a bad job, exactly - but maybe a smoky eye wasn't the right look for a wedding.

"Well, sorry, but you were the one who was late," She pointed out.

"Well, I was getting all the make-up I would need," She shot back.

I was still holding on to my towel, so I grabbed the t-shirt I was wearing last night, which had a big heart on it and put it on. When I got back, Elizabeth and Lauren were still arguing.

"It's my wedding," Elizabeth shouted.

"Yes, and if you don't listen to me you're gonna go out looking like you have two black eyes, from the night before," She shot back. Elizabeth finally stopped trying to justify herself, and just sighed.

"Fine, this better look good, I'm trusting you," She stated.

"And you, why did you let her do this to herself?" Lauren said turning to me. I put my hands up in surrender. I wasn't getting in the middle of this, but I knew for sure that Lauren was going to do an amazing job.

"Do you think everything is okay, with the preparation and stuff?" Elizabeth asked.

"I'm sure everything great," I mentioned, trying my best to reassure her.

Elizabeth tried to turn around to face me, but Lauren pulled her face back, she wasn't even letting Elizabeth look in the mirror. She sighed, "why don't you ask Leo?" She said, passing me her phone.

I took the phone - then passed it to Lara, smiling at her, sheepishly.

"You're gonna have to talk to him at some point, you're leaving in like two days," She reminded me.

"Yeah, well..he doesn't want to talk to me," I sighed.

"Maybe-" Lauren started to suggest something.

"Well, I'm going to go and put my bridesmaid dress on," I announced before she could suggest anything that I wouldn't like. I don't know what I am going to do about Leo, and I appreciate their help, but I would just talk to him in my own time.  Lara followed me to the bathroom.

"Me too," She said taking the black bag covering the dresses from the bed. We both changed into our light pink dresses, it was the perfect shade for a beach wedding.

"How do we look?" Lara asked, twirling around.

"Perfect," Lauren said, still focusing all her attention on Elizabeth.

"C'mon Alison, I'll do your make-up," Lara announced, I tried to argue, I was pretty terrified of what Lara might do to me, but I sat on the bed anyway - while she grabbed an assortment of products.

"Tie your hair back," I did as I was told.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, is it perfect?" Lauren asked both me and Lara.

"Yes," I replied nodding, and it really did look perfect. Her eyes were rimmed with colours of gold and light brown, with faint black eyeliner. He lips were now a pale pink colour. She really did look perfect, and her cheeks were a light pink, bronze shade, which matched her pale skin perfectly.

"Oh wow," Elizabeth said shocked, because she would never go for a look like this. "It's amazing, thank you," She said hugging Lauren - and for the first time, I saw a tear drop.

"Yeah, you can come over now," Elizabeth said calling her cousin, and sister-in-law-to-be. The room was so small that it would have been hard for all of us to be there, but the fact that Elizabeth thought of me, really was truly amazing.

Elizabeth started walking up and down the room, "Yeah....now I'm nervous," She declared.

"Don't worry, everything will be perfect," Lauren said trying to make her feel better. Lara had also done my make-up, she used gold and a little bit of sliver eye shadow, along with a thin cote of eyeliner and light pink blush.

Although their wasn't a make-up artist coming, Noah's sister was actually a hair designer, after she had done everyone's hair we would be all ready to go. I was getting jitters just thinking about it.

For a few moments everything went quiet, but then a knock came on the door and in came Noah's gorgeous sister - who had an array of blonde hair, but a little too much fake tan.  She sauntered in with a bag full of hair products, along with Elizabeth's cousin, who Elizabeth hugged reluctantly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 After two hours of gruelling work, we all looked picture perfect. Lauren, Lara and I all had our hair out, it was loosely curled near the bottom, and we a braid to one side. We also all added a flower head band, with white flowers to make it look more put together.

Elizabeth had her red hair put into a simple bun, but to make it look more "complicated" it had an array of braids, with lots of white flowers in it.

For the first time Elizabeth looked into her long golden mirror, a vision of true beauty.

Before we left, Elizabeth handed us all little dainty necklaces, they were all a cute little cupcake on a delicate gold chain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I peeked at the beach, I was starting to sweat and I was scared that my make-up was going to come off. Lauren had a bottle of some kind,with purple liquid that she kept spraying on our faces to keep us cool.

Their was about sixty people seated on gold chairs, I was looking around for Leo, but didn't notice him anywhere. He was the best man, along with Wesley. So I suppose he was with Noah - they were probably still trying to cure their bad hangovers.

Elizabeth was downstairs talking to her Grandma, Dad and Mum who had come from London to see her their daughter get married.

"Okay, c'mon Alison," Lara said, I trudged along. I was starting to feel nervous, and it wasn't even my wedding. What if I tripped in my nude heels?

First Noah walked up, along side Leo and Wesley. For a short moment, I eyed Leo up and down - he looked really handsome in a suit. 

Noah smiled at a few people, and when they got to the front it was our turn to walk up. We walked in twos, and I walked alongside Elizabeth' cousin. I smiled all the way through, even though I was really just silently making a prayer that I didn't trip. 

We all took our seats at the front, I sat to the far left. I caught Leo watching me, but he turned around when I looked at him.

Everyone's head turned, when Elizabeth walked down with her Dad, after her Grandma and Mum had sat down. She had now worn a long white veil, and had a bouquet of pink and white roses in her perfectly manicured hand.

And, as she said "I do," She cried, and Noah even shed a few tears, and that's when I knew that Elizabeth and Noah would last.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Everything was running smoothly, the rest happened near a place just off the beach and at times it started to get dark out - which worried everyone.  I was also upset about leaving and wasn't very hungry, so I ended up just having a chocolate chip cookie that Elizabeth's grandma had baked along with a few other snacks.

Elizabeth had her first dance, to the song marry me by Train. I stayed out of the way most of the day and I couldn't dance, even if I tried. I found myself thinking about Serena, she could really dance and she was really good at it. The way her legs moved in rhythm to the music, but I mostly stayed seated while making small talk with a few people. Wesley even tried to get me to dance a few times, but I kindly refused.

I was looking around for Lauren, when Leo came up to me,  "So, are we gonna talk or not?" He asked.

 I tried to cut out a lot of Elizabeth and the bridesmaids getting ready, and the wedding. I thought it was quite boring, but let me know if you would prefer more detail! Also, I thought I would end it with a bit of a cliffhanger, since I rarely do those :P haha!

Vote&Comment if you liked it, I love hearing feedback!!

ALSO, A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE - I HAVE REACHED 60,000 READS!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING MY STORY :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 23.6K 48
COMPLETED. Book 1/4 of the Adam's Series - She moved in with her twin brother. He lived with her brother. But, you can't blame gravity for falling in...
44 0 10
School's out and Juillet Augustin is spending her last summer before college in the beautiful Collymore Beach with her best friend, Ashlyn. Awaiting...
174K 2.6K 31
Every summer the girls rent out an airbnb that allows two other people to rent the other half. Everytime they stay the girls wait to see who rents it...
2.5M 31.8K 31
Zack: heartthrob of Miami with an amazing body and an impressive bank account; but he can't flirt. Ella: Beautiful, wanted, incredibly flirty... And...