Magi: Hiraeth

Por lilyofthelamplight_

"Even the mightiest of kings fall once forced to the edge." The longing for a place you called home that neve... Más

Author's Note
Epigram
Prologue
1: Xue Kingdom
2: The 23rd Dungeon
3: The Boy Who Emerged from the Wormhole
5: Sinbad, King of Sindria
Character Profile: Yukiko Heiwa
Character Profile: Aoren Heiwa
6: Lady of the Tundra
Omake
7: Dawning
8: Memories from Kou
Omake
9: Before the storm
10: Birthday
11: Glorious Sindria
Lost Scroll
12: Feelings
13: Shattered
14: The Fallen
15: Emptiness
16: Gone
17: The Kingdom of Kina
18: Snow Child
19: Realization
20: The Flame Emperor
21: Welcome Home
Omake
22: Rebellion
23: News
24: Ascending
25: His Decision. Her Decision.
26: Queen Yukiko Heiwa
27: The Kou Empire
28: Stay with me
29: Back in Sindria
Omake
30: Decisions
31: The Road to Magnostadt
32: The Darkness
33: Missing you
34: The Place She Once Called Home
☆☆** 2017 **☆☆
35: As A Representative
36: Her Return
37: To Be Like Before
Lost Scroll: The Past (A Recap Chapter)
38: Sinbad and Yukiko
39: Vulnerable
40: Prelude to Darkness
41: Resurfacing Darkness
42: The Difference Between Us
43: Sorrowful Feelings
44: Tears
2nd Anniversary
45: Forms of Love
46: By the Sun
47: King Vessels
48: King Vessels pt.2
49: Balbadd
50: Impasse
51: In Each Others Arms
52: Different
53: Moon
54: Summit

4: To Sindria

5.1K 175 1
Por lilyofthelamplight_

To Sindria

"Ah, that reminds me. There is someone who we know that can help and train Vivacity in wielding her metal vessels." Said the tribe's leader.

"Grandpa, I already know how to use djinn equip. I'm only practicing on my Extreme Magic at the moment." Vivacity smiled a bit as she looks at the tribe's leader.

There were moments like this that Vivacity is calm and happy, just like her normal self. Sometimes she's just awfully quiet and the worst scenario will be the times when her trauma resurface. The memory of their kingdom's downfall.

"But wouldn't it be exciting to travel again? We just can't keep on leeching off of them, Vivacity." Aoren or Zephyr flicked her forehead lightly. "Plus, we are merchants. MERCHANTS." He emphasized

"Yes, yes. I understand now sheesh." She rubbed her forehead. "Then let us start traveling again. One day, we'll stumble upon the tribe once more though so I'm agreeing to your idea, brother."

"Isn't it a good thing that you brought and can make your own goods, Vivacity, Zephyr? With that, you can still relive the memories of your land." The leader said in a soothing manner. Vivacity will just nod with a smile. She finds it fun to create their goods that were originally from their country.

"Plus we make a fortune out of her djinns. One can tell fortunes and it helps us alot." Zephyr added as he pats her head.

"I'm just glad that Gusion is not getting irritated about it. Rather, he seems to be enjoying it. He said it has been a long time since he told fortunes." She looked at the silver tube ring on her right middle finger with the eight pointed star engraved on it.

"How can you say that? Can you engage in a conversation with them?" Asked Zephyr.

"Well of course. Isn't that normal for metal vessel users? Also, I discovered something that can be used when an emergency arise. The moment when my metal vessels are stolen, I know something to make them come back. I got that idea from Grandpa." She grinned as she stood up. "I'll just fix my stuff. We'll be leaving sooner than we planned."

.
.
.

"Talking to your djinns? Is that even possible? I never saw nor heard Sinbad do that. Then is it just Vivacity?" The elderly man followed her with his gaze, so did Zephyr. "It'll require a great amount of magoi to even summon them in the dreams of their kings. To materialize them even."

"Sinbad? That legendary King of The Seven Seas?" Asked Zephyr.

"Yes. We taught him about magoi manipulation too." He nodded. "They said that the rukhs favor Sinbad. That child is indeed extraordinary. He already has seven djinns in his possession and his household are all capable of different fighting style. They came from all around the world."

"A household? It's just a bummer that us magicians can't be a part of a household. I want to support my sister all throughout. But.." he looks at his staff and smiled. "As a magician, I'll still do my best to support her. Even if I can't be part of her household, I'll support her as her brother."

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

"Thank you so much for taking care of us. We'll bump into each other someday again." Vivacity and Zephyr did the salute of their country while bowing deeply in gratitude.

"Have a safe trip and say hello to the King for us. It has been so long." The leader smiled at them.

"Yes, we will." The two then set off down the path that will lead them to Reim.

"Maybe I should tell fortunes so we can earn enough to pay for our ferry rides and food. What do you think?" Asked Vivacity

"Or we can enter the arena and be gladiators." Aoren suggested. "But no. I won't allow you." He flicked her forehead.

As they were chatting, five men jump from the bushes and surrounded them.

"Give us all your money and jewelry or you'll get it!" Yelled the ring leader aggressively.

Zephyr automatically guarded his sister, drawing out his sword. He may not look like it now but he is the master of the Royal Family's sword style.

"You're gonna fight back?! Idiot merchants! Always fighting for their goods!"

"Aini." Said Vivacity as she drew out her sword too. It became surrounded with flames with the eight pointed star resting on its hilt.

" T-That is-- Are you a dungeon capturer?!"

"That flaming sword and above all, a woman with white hair! You're Yukik---" before they could finish their sentence, Zephyr knocked them down one by one as Vivacity remained on guard beside their belongings and goods.

It didn't take them that long to knock them all down before they proceeded on walking down the mountain. Zephyr stole glances at his sister who became silent after hearing her former name. She has made quite a reputation for capturing five dungeons while traveling around the world being a merchant. She was called the Lady of the Tundra since people said she's like the famous Sinbad and also because she was born in the land from the North where it is always cold and frozen

"Yukiko huh... It has been so long since someone other that you called me that." She told Zephyr. "I'm quite happy. Thank you for stopping them speak since we know what they'll say next."

"Yukiko from the land of the slaves up in the North." Zephyr thought. A name the empire of Parthevia gave her in order to trace her whereabouts.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

They arrived in Reim and as usual, the place is buzzing in life and business. Zephyr had already set up shop as Vivacity decided to go someplace else. She ended up in the coliseum where the gladiators face monsters and prove their strength.

"Brother should've went here. He'll make a good fighter for those monsters." She said as she place a bet. Well, not after forseeing the future of the match more like, using her metal vessel to analyze and predict the most likely outcome.

• • •

"Well that's some easy money ne, Gusion?" She laughed a bit as she looks at the ring where he resides in. "We need to earn enough money to travel and to buy supplies and other goods. The best way to earn is really in that coliseum. There are already a lot of shops here so..brother couldn't have sold that many." she sighed as she returns to their shop.

They've only sold about 3/4 of their goods but that's not good enough. They always manage to sell goods in other places and they always sell it all in one sitting.

"Viva, I can't sell here anymore." He said seriously as he catch his forehead. "The people here are quite bold. The ladies were only going to buy if I let them kiss me or if I kiss them. Isn't that disgraceful? Goodness." He whined as his sister looks at her in an amused way. "They take me as a flirtatious man, dearest sister.."

"Then should we really try it? Go to Sindria I mean." She smiled. "I made a hefty sum of money at the coliseum." She gave him a thumbs up.

"We should. Right away." He said seriously, determined.

She just laughed inwardly and nodded before calling the attention of some passers-by to sell.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Beautiful.

Grand.

Joyous.

Those were the words that Vivacity thought of upon arriving at the festive country of the south called Sindria. The place was bursting with life and the people were smiling left and right. It reminded her of her own home, only this place was warmer and noisier.

"This place is just..." muttered Zephyr. "..I'll talk to the officials quickly so we can set up shop. I won't kiss anyone here." Zephyr said as he walks ahead.

"After you settle down, let us do what the Elder said. Greet his old friend. I forgot his name. More like he didn't told me." She followed him as she carries some of their stuff, Zephyr carrying most of it.

Little did she know that her and 'his' path will cross once again. The two who were favored by destiny.

□ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

20.2K 542 9
So I haven't seen many, or any to be honest, of these so I'll try my best to make it a good story! You are a slave girl originally from the Dark Con...
7.3K 426 46
This is the continuation of Fate I and will start with Chapter CCI. In the far eastern continent laid the infamous, imperial Kou Empire. Its land str...
1.4K 56 12
After leaving behind a crumbling relationship, you find yourself becoming an unlikely, yet unstoppable duo with a fallen magi. Getting to that point...
42.2K 2K 34
*I do not own Magi or any of it's characters* Several hundred years after the Kou Empire civil war, Al-Thamen is completely defeated. The battle was...