NAROI OF THE LIGHT

By MarthaStreams

If there was one thing I learned about the supernatural world was that it was agonisingly unstable. My journe... More

❄ONE❄
❄THREE❄
❄FOUR❄
❄FIVE❄
❄SIX❄
❄SEVEN❄
❄EIGHT❄
❄NINE❄
❄TEN❄
❄ELEVEN❄
❄TWELVE❄
❄THIRTEEN❄
❄FOURTEEN❄
❄FIFTEEN❄
❄SIXTEEN❄
❄SEVENTEEN❄
❄EIGHTEEN❄
❄NINETEEN❄
❄TWENTY❄
❄TWENTY -ONE❄
❄TWENTY-TWO❄
❄TWENTY-THREE❄
❄TWENTY-FOUR❄

❄TWO❄

28 5 0
By MarthaStreams

TWO

Pic of Cezar's mansion

Cezar Barcimort finally graced us with his presence. I had been quite mad the moment I arrived here but that was thirty minutes ago, now I was just very pissed. This was insolence in its highest form. I've never known such disrespect from a none royal before. This Valyr was just begging to be dealt with accordingly. He brought new meaning to disrespect.

" Ah, your highness," he grinned, plopping on the empty sofa. " It is quite an honour to have you in my humble abode. Welcome, indeed. "

I glared at him with a burning passion. It took every ounce of my self control not to strike him where he sat. He had a gull, that was for sure but he was foolish. I was not one to be played with. I didn't enjoy being disrespected in any way.

" Cezar," I muttered through clenched teeth.

" Merinda, please offer the king and his friend some refreshments," he ordered the lass who stood behind his sofa. Before she could carry out what she was told to do I halted her. " There's no need." She looked hesitantly at her master who just shrugged. He gestured for her to sit beside him and she did in a heartbeat.

A slave, that was all she was. He was still in the old ways. It was quite a malevolent way of life. One that I didn't envy in the slightest. My heart ached for the lass who shuddered at her Master's side. She was quite young. She was human, worst of all. She wouldn't survive long in this opulent dwelling. She reeked of death. It was just a matter of time.

I really hoped Agleace would answer her internal prayer. Death would be a blissful mercy for the lass. Maybe the god of death would offer her a second chance. And maybe then she'd learn not to venture far from home.

" What can I do you for, your highness?" he asked in mock respect. He's mockery made me bristle in anger. I just wanted to tear his throat out. The very sound of his voice made my head flood with gruesome images of his dead body.

" Where can I find Kalithseus, the Uffilian?"

He face fell at my question. His eyes looked anywhere but me. He swallowed nervously then tried to laugh it off as though my question was amusing to his ears.

" Why do you ask me that, your highness or better yet how would I know?"

I stood abruptly towering over him. He cowered away with unease. " Do not take me for a fool, Cezar. I know you are under his protection. Where is he?" I yelled in frustration. " Tell me now!"

" I can't tell you. You've come to the wrong place for answers, my lord. If I tell you I won't just loose my life. My worst nightmares would come to life. I cannot risk that, " he said tensely.

" I don't believe you. If you valued your pathetic existence you would tell me of Kalithseus whereabouts. I had hoped you'd take the easy way out but now you've given me no choice, " I murmured sadly.

Just as I was about to take out my dagger out a high pitched giggle reverberated through the hallway. I looked to the entrance and my heart constricted at the child that came running into the lounge.

He looked to be five years of age. The sight of his round face, flushed cheeks and innocent eyes had me conflicted. I couldn't very well kill his father right in front of him. Yes I was a killer but I was not cold hearted. I couldn't taint his innocence. I didn't want to be the reason behind his nightmares.

" Niko, you aren't supposed to be in here, " reprimanded his father in disapproval.

" Momma told me that we had special guests. She told me a king was here. I really wanted to meet the king, " he said with a toothy grin drawn on his face.

" Merinda ," he gritted out glaring at the woman standing behind him. She looked away in shame. I knew right then that she knew I'd kill her husband. She had deliberately called her son so that I wouldn't be able to carry out what I'd come here to do. The sneaky slithering snake. She was just like her master.

" I'm the king, young Niko." I acknowledged the little fella who beamed at the news. " You're pretty, " he commented in awe. He was just so innocent. It was quite refreshing. He was good through and through. Not everything in the world harboured malice and distraction. He was one of the things that was worth fighting for.

" It is a pleasure to meat you, young one. Can you go to your room while I talk to your Dad?"

He nodded then run out waving at us. When it was clear that he was far from the lounge I faced his parents, flashing them a penetrating glare.

" Pull that stunt again then I'll give your decapitated heads to Niko as a gift. Do you hear me?"

They nodded furiously eyes wide with dread.

" I need a name, Cezar, or else I kill your beloved son. " I stared dead in the eyes, my face impassive.

" Erwin Monroe is who you are looking for. Please, spare my son," he pleaded, staring helplessly at me.

Where do I find that nokuratu?"

" He's a powerful warlock and he's part of the Albarion brotherhood. Havens, I'm digging my own grave just by giving you this information. I spit on the grave of the one who turned you into this heartless being, " he said with a dark frown.

" I'd watch what I say if I were you, Valyr. Be glad you have a son. Good evening." That was all I said as I went out with Bryson following after me.

We got in the car and Bryson drove us back home. I was kind of mad that I wasn't able to kill the bastard. Killing my enemies was the only thing keeping me sane at the moment.

Try as I might I couldn't get rid of Remi's image in my mind. I felt so grief striken and mad. Truly I didn't feel the bond I had with him. It had severed the moment he disappeared.

I felt a big part of me missing. He had completed me. I had felt worthy of love. I had felt beautiful when he was around. I didn't feel dirty. He was the only one who made me forget my awful experiences.

When we arrived I went straight to my room infuriated. Saving Remi was not going to easy. Kalithseus was far stronger than Velaric. He was an Uffilian for goodness sake. I couldn't defeat Velaric. How the hell was I going to overpower the Prince of Ulbrius?

I laid amidst my bed in nothing but a sheer robe. My mind was riddled with Remerrik Asib.

I wondered how he was coping in Kalithseus company. Did he even think and worry about me as much as I did him? I was was in a vulnerable state. My insecurities were at their peak.

I raked my hand through my hair. It had gotten longer since Remi's disappearance and that had been a two months ago. I got out of bed sighing tiredly.

I couldn't sleep while my mind was plagued with Remi and Kalithseus. I had to keep busy somehow. I decided to go to Kieran's room. It was passed midnight already. He was probably asleep at the moment.

As I neared his room I heard strange noises that had me halting momentarily. The noises were not really strange, they were, infact, quite familiar. They were the noises of contentment, passion frustration, hunger and lust. My mind was a running wild with thoughts of my son being tainted in many ways. I shuddered in revulsion. Who could dare take advantage of my son?

I was brought out of my daze by a wanton cry that made my heart constrict in fury.

I walked to the room then wasted no time as I opened it. The sight before had my insides churning in hot anger. My eyes had to be deceiving me. My Kieran couldn't possibly be in bed with one of my warriors. It was impossible. Although I tried to convince myself that this was a dream the reality of the situation was way to obvious to be avoided.

My Kieran was in the arms of another in a very intimate connection. My anger mounted a tenfold. This couldn't be happening but it was, goodness, it was. Right under my nose.

I cleared my throat. They halted in their passion to stare at the intruder. When they saw it was me their immediately moved apart clutching at the bed covers, their eyes widened in disbelief and fear.

I just stared at them my face scrunched in disappointment. This had been my greatest fear. My innocent child being corrupted by hot blooded nokuratus who couldn't keep their hands to themselves. Only his partner was no stranger. He was a warrior who I had entrusted to protect my son.

" The only thing I'll ask you, Aram, is why? Why him?" I couldn't hide the pain in my voice. He looked anywhere but me swallowing nervously, his breaths shallow and uneven.

" I love your son, " he responded honestly.

" I trusted you with my son. I trusted you with a piece of my heart and you tainted it. You put your filthy hands on my son, " I said darkly. My fingers trembled as response to my anger. I bawled my hands into fists fighting the urge to charge for him.

" Father, I consented, " said Kieran shakily.

" I want you gone first thing in the morning. You will go to Lakan and stay there. I don't want you anywhere near my son. The very minute I see you with him it will be your last. Do you hear me?"

He nodded sadly. He wore his clothes back on then hurriedly went out not before fixing my son with a sad look. He had the nerve. I counted to ten in my mind, trying to control my anger in the most sensible way possible. It was when I could no longer hear his the tapping of his shoes that I finally stared at my son.

" I'm sorry Dad. I should've told you the truth. "

" When did this start?" I asked, releasing a ragged breath.

" A few weeks after Father went missing, " he replied hoarsely.

" I'm not mad at you. I'm just really disappointed. I hope this doesn't happen again. Goodnight. " I left with that said. I just couldn't handle being on his room with the image of him and Aram in my mind.

A part of me wanted to go to to Aram's room and kill him but the other side just wanted to let it go. I was too tired. I didn't need more baggage to my already hectic life. All my attention was focused on finding my love but at the same time Kieran was my son. He was probably feeling a little neglected and lonely.

As soon as I find Remi we had to enroll him into a prestigious school. Maybe then he wouldn't feel the need to jump into bed with my warriors. What the hell was I going to do with him? Gods help me survive being a parent. Kieran was surely going to be the death of me.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Chapter Two done my beautiful Valyrs. You're most certainly welcome. I hope you like it and sorry for the mistakes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 886 23
လူတွေအားလုံး Vegetarian မှ မဟုတ်တာ.. လူသားတွေ အသားစားတာ normal ဆိုရင် Vampire တွေ လူ့သွေးစုပ်တာကို ဘာလို့ ရက်စက်တယ်လို့ စွပ်စွဲမှာလဲ??
763K 20.2K 64
What happens when you're sold to a pureblood vampire? ~ Brittany, a fifteen year old girl is sold to a pureblood vampire Prince. Purebloods are consi...
196K 8.3K 63
Rosalie Hale grew up in New York, she was born in the year 1915 and died in 1933. Everyone should know her story, but what if there was someone else...
4.8M 287K 101
In this life, a human without the money to pay for their own life is worth nothing. Take those humans in as property, breed them, and you'll end up l...