Divergent High: Fire v Ice

By Marie__reid

Fours POV She won't break. She's the only one who doesn't gawk at me. I swear I'll make her fall for me. I'... More

Chapter 1: Good Girl Gone Bad
Chapter 2: Servants to the Boys? Hell No
Chapter 3: Kissing?
Chapter Tobias: Christmas Tampons
Chapter 5: Did You Just Save Me?
Chapter 6: Fricken Idiots
Chapter 7: Why Did I take Her Shopping!?
Chapter 8: The Haunted Sleepover
Chapter 9: Truth or Dare
Chapter 10: Uriah Just Made us Travel the Entire Midwest
Chapter 11: Jesse
Chapter 12: Revenge of the Ex
Chapter 13: The Truth about Fourtris
Chapter 14: The BIG Game
Chapter 15: Ghost in the Cemetery
Chapter 16: Tris Tripped over a Dead Body
Chapter 17: The Wedding
Chapter 18: A Walk around Town with Tobias Part 1
Chapter: 19 SOMEONES IN MY HOUSE!?!?
Chapter 20: A Walk Around Town with Tobias Part 2
Chapter 21: Caught Already
Chapter 22: Family Chrismas and Crap
Chapter 23: New Years Resolution
Chapter 24: Secret Letters
Chapter 25: Four Fears
Chapter 26: The Death of Valentines Day
Chapter 27: Edgar Returns
Chapter 28: Factionless
Chapter 29: The Solo Assassin
Chapter 30: Amazon Warriors
Chapter 31: Ain't Never Had a Friend Like Me
Things You Need to Know
Chapter 32: The Sixteen Heartbreak
Chapter 33: The Bittersweet Truth
Chapter 34: Revenge Levels 3-9
Chapter 35: Help Me Im in Hell
Chapter 36: Bleeding Out
Chapter 37: I Am Gone
Chapter 38: Paradise
Chapter 39: I'm Dead
Chapter 40: My Heart Beats for You
Chapter 41: Awake
Chapter 42: Love
Chapter 43: Reunited
Chapter 44: The Pain in the Aftermath
Nothing to do with the story
Chapter 46: Not Just Any Nightmare
Chapter 47: Shady Figure Part 1
Chapter 48: Shady Figure Part 2
Chapter 49: Ben Eaton
Chapter 50: Passion
Chapter 51: Thoughts
Chapter 52: Sugar Skull
Chapter 53: I Ran
Chapter 54: Found
Chapter 55: Hope
Chapter 56: The Reason Why
Chapter 57: Dying
Chapter 58: Not Alone but Dreaming of It
Chapter 59: Energy is Neither Created Nor Destroyed
Chapter 60: What It's Like to be Alive
Chapter 61: Kitty Cocktails
Chapter 62: Jason Asson Oh I Mean Arson
Chapter 63: We're Back and Better Than Ever
Chapter 64: Blackmail
Chapter 65: "I'm Breaking Up with You"
Chapter 66: The Streets of America
Chapter 67: Earning Love and Earning Hate
Chapter 68: Wasn't Me
Chapter 69: Panic at the Disco
Chapter 70: Hot! Hot! Hot!
DANGEROUS LOVE
Chapter 71: Eric Coulter the Love Councilor
Chapter 72: You're Perfect to Me
Chapter 73: Silence After the Storm
Chapter 74: The Monster Closet
Chapter 75: Old Enemies Return
Chapter 76: Coming Soon to the Eaton Household
Chapter 77: Balancing on Thin Lines
Chapter 78: He Wants His Claws on You
Chapter 79: On a Scale of One to Ten, Negative Two
Chapter 80: Creepy Text from a Creepy Person
Chapter 81: Cannibals in Paradise
Chapter 82: Circles
Chapter 83: Uriah Actually Saved the Day

Chapter 45: With My Bare Hands

2.8K 99 61
By Marie__reid

Old cover^^^

It's Peter.

No! That's impossible. These arms that hold me can't be Peter! He grins down at me with a sadistic smile.

I scream at the top of my lungs but I can't get out of his iron arms. I scream for Four, praying that he decided to stay home today.

"Tris!" Peter shouts at me, except it's not his voice, it's Four's.

Four's POV

She's screaming, she's screaming my name. Just moments ago she was fine, but now she screams. She screams for me.

"Tris!" I shake her trying to wake her up. She continues to scream until she abruptly stops. For a second I thought she might have woken up then she starts to squirm in my grasp.

"Tris," I usher. Then she finally opens her eyes, screaming my name. Once her eyes meet mine I feel lost in another world and I can tell she feels the same way. It's almost like she completely forgot about her nightmare.

Soon tears brim her eyes and she throws her arms around me sobbing.
"What was it about angel?" I coo. She just shakes her head, I should've known she wouldn't tell.

Soon I just hold her in my arms as she slowly calms down.
"Why are you here?" Her tiny voice asks. I smile a little and hold her closer, "I decided to skip school and come over to your house for a while. I carried you to the couch cause I couldn't fit in your bed with you," I sheepishly smile.

She just smiles and wraps her arms around my torso.
"Sleep," I whisper in her ear, "I'll fight the nightmares."
"With what?" She replies.
"Well with my bare hands obviously," I grin.

I feel her smile against my chest as her breathing evens. I turn the tv on and put the volume on one. Flipping through the channels I decide to watch the news to see what going on in Chicago cause it seems like something is always going on.

What I see didn't really shock me, a few people were found dead on shore of a local lake, I think they were some gang members who were at war with another gang.
The thing that caught my eye though was the names.
Tobias Johnson
Ezekiel Diane
William Carter

It also said that they were from different gangs and had no reason to be with each other, or dead. Then my detective gene started to kick in and I was sensing a pattern.

Mr. Green was found dead when Shauna and Zeke had their first kiss.
The note at Tris's birthday party about three couples and three bodies.
When Tris woke up and we started to grow in our relationship, three guys appear dead with the same names as us.

Every time something romantic happens, someone dies.

My thoughts are interrupted by Tris wiggling in my arms. Her breathing quickens and I know she's having another nightmare.
"Tris," I whisper and her eyes slowly open. She looks a little disoriented and even more tired than before.

"The Amity have a medicine for nightmares, we should go get you some of that," I say lifting her up.
"I'm not allowed to go to school though," she says still halfway asleep.
"Don't worry it's just a...'visit' you could say," I reply handing her my sweatshirt to wear over her pajamas. Luckily she's in leggings and my black sweatshirt so she doesn't look to bad I guess.

"I look like a hobo," she comments looking her reflection in the window.
"Well on the bright side you look like a hot hobo," I hug her from behind and kiss her head. She wraps her arms around mine and we sit there for a moment.

Every time I see her I'm so happy she's awake. It's like when you lose something and realize how much you need it, and you look everywhere for it but still can't find it. Eventually you would just give up, and once you finally find it in the place you never expected it to be, you promise yourself you'll never loose it again. Well I promise myself I'll never lose her again.

"We gotta go," she mumbles into my arms. I reach under her legs and swiftly pick her up causing her to laugh obnoxiously. Once she starts laughing I start laughing and can't stop. Halfway to the car we're laughing so hard for no reason I fall to my knees still holding her which makes us laugh more.

"We are never going to get anywhere if we keep doing this!" She laughs.
"Well then it looks like we aren't going anywhere," I lay back with her on top of me looking at the sky.
"You know our neighbors probably think we're mental," she giggles.
"What the other council members?" I question, "Yeah they already think we're mental!"

Then I notice how tired she looks and I feel something stab my chest, maybe guilt.
"We should probably go get that medicine," I mumble lifting her up again.
"What's with the mood change?" She yawns. I just shake my head and put on a halfhearted smile while setting her in the car.

I swing my keys around and hear someone shout, "Four!" Ugh I know that voice anywhere. I put on a fake smile and look up to see my neighbor. A.K.A. Casey Mill, he's another councilman's son, of course they're on the opposite political party as us and he goes to King James High, Divergent High's "enemy".

Of course we cream them at every single thing we do cause you don't have to do anything to get in you just enroll and basically anybody gets in. Unlike Divergent High AAA, where you actually have to have a talent.

"Casey," I put on my best smile. Then I see his annoying Freshman sister who always flirts with me come out by her brother.
"Hi Four!" She screeches whipping her dyed hair behind her shoulders.

I wave and try to get in my car without a conversation. Of course I can't say anything rude to them or they'll go running to their daddy complaining and it will be all over the news. Trust me it's happened enough times.

"Four is Tris in the car with you?" Stacey, Casey's sister screams.
"Yeah, I'm driving her to school," I smile staring forward wanting to just run them over.
"Didn't your school already start? And can't she drive herself?" Jealously drips from her lips.

"Yeah we're just picking something up, and no she can't drive, if you haven't seen all over the news she just got out of a coma," I shout back through gritted teeth.
"Really?" My candor detects her lie right away.
"Sorry we're late gotta go!" I shout zooming out of the driveway.

"Those annoying brats," I mutter. I drive faster and faster still mumbling when I hear a giggle next to me. I raise my eyebrow and look at Tris. She has a smile spread from ear to ear and I can't help but smile.
"What?" I grin.
"You," she sighs and I can't help but get a giddy feeling in my stomach at her comment.

Soon we're in DH and I park next to Zeke's gold Ferrari. I hop out and go to get Tris's door.
"I texted the gang saying we were stopping by," I smile helping her out.
"Tris!" I hear Lauren shout. She runs up to her and throws her arms around Tris. I never liked Lauren, but for some reason Tris and her get along pretty well.

"Lauren..." I trail off and she pulls away and glared at me. Ok we've had our fun in the past, now she kinda hates me, but in my defense she is the biggest drama queen there is out there.
"Tris if Four gives you any problems I'll..." Lauren starts.
"I can handle myself Lauren," Tris smiles at her,"Besides he's just giving me a ride."

"Shouldn't you be in class?" I ask her.
"Shouldn't you be in hell?" She flips her hair and storms away. Gosh that bitch is so bipolar. I hear Tris laugh next to me and I smile again.
"Now what is it?" I tease as we walk into DH.
"You were glaring in her direction," she laughs more.

"Hey shouldn't you be jealous or something cause we were a thing?" I smirk trying to press her buttons.
"Oh please you've been a thing with every girl in this school," she laughs. Ouch.
"I'm kidding.... Kind of," she mutters.

"Let's just get this serum and get out of here," I mumble. The bell rings and I know everyone will want to say hi to Tris and ask her how she's feeling.

Turns out I was completely right. We were talking with people I never even met before but for some reason Tris knew every single person by name. What's worse was it was the same questions over and over again.
How are you feeling?
When will you be back?
Are you alright?
Yata yata yata

We are completely crowded by people and I swear it couldn't get any worse.
"Four? Why are you with my sister?" I stand corrected it just got 100x worse.
"Amar told me to watch her," I say to Caleb. Caleb's been acting so sour at me for no reason, I mean we used to get along!

"Who's Amar to control her?" Caleb growls.
"What are you talking about?" Now I'm starting to get angry, no one should talk about Amar that way.
"He acts like he's her father!" Caleb shouts and soon people aren't in between us but have moved out of the way.
"Well at least someone should!" I shout back.

Caleb opens his mouth to shout something back when Tris stops him.
"Hey!" She yells at us, "Shut it both of you!" We turn to glare at each other and walk our separate ways. I guess that's one way of getting out of that.

Once were in the Amity sector even more people ask Tris how she is. All this mushy smiling stuff isn't my thing.
"I come here to get one thing and we end up being here for an hour," I mumble to myself.
"Isn't that funny," an Amity chirps next to me, "DH is such an amazing school and..." I completely zone out and drag Tris to Johanna's office.

"JOHANNA!" I shout through her door.
"Come in!" a sweet voice says.
"Well hello Four, oh Tris I'm so happy you're better..."
"Yeah yeah yeah I need medicine where is it?" She points to a door and I leave to find it.

Tris POV

Johanna and I get into the same fricken conversation I've been having for an hour. I've been polite to every single person who's asked me this but I could always tell Four got really annoyed.

I was really confused with his fight with Caleb. I wonder if Caleb can tell we're dating, I mean he is Erudite. But it's not like he cares or anything, I mean he's actually starting to act overprotective....

My thoughts were interrupted by Four walking through the door waving a vial.
"Got it!" He chirps sounding extra happy. Probably cause we can finally leave.

"Let's go!" He puts his arm around me while speed walking out.
"Bye Johanna!" I shout waving. Four walks super fast, obviously wanting to just get home, which honestly I understand I'm starting to get really tired again.

Once were in the car, I'm out like a light. That's when the worst nightmare happens.

Shoutout to OMGCaela go read her book Candor or Dauntless it is absolutely amazing!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 179 50
Tris is broken. She is alive, but she isn't living. One day took everyone from her. She and her guardian, Tori, decide to move to Chicago for a fresh...
103K 2.6K 41
SEQUEL TO SURVIVING REALITY: DIVERGENT Last time we left Tris, Four, Christina, and our other Divergent friends, it was the Fourth of July the summ...
28.8K 442 31
Tris is the younger sister of Zeke and Uriah Pedrad. Their parents are Max and Hanna. They are dauntless born. What happens when Tris falls in love w...
492K 13.5K 33
Tris is the girl with the glasses, four is the most popular kid⭐️I know you'll enjoy this story so please read it!!! Enjoy