Sharing A Cup Of Blood With D...

By WaterflowerWorks

One night a vampire with the intent to feed, but he was surprised when his prey offers him a cup of her blood... More

Intruder
Friendship
First Days are the Deciders
Strengthening Bonds
Brother Dear
Awakening
Shadows
Returns
Spring Break
Sleepover
Stephen's P.O.V.
Lily's P.O.V.
Discovery
Violet's P.O.V
Found Out (Lily's P.O.V.)
A Promise

Pushed to the Limit

2 0 0
By WaterflowerWorks

Author's note: And I'll be publishing a chapter every Monday. Please tell me what you think.

Disclaimer: I disclaim the idea and rules of vampires created by Stephenie Meyers. I only own the characters that I created (which is practically all of them) :P

Chapter 11: Pushed to the Limit

The next couple days, I was not allowed to leave the house alone. An awkwardness persist between Stephen and I. Nightmares plague my nights for the wall between us drove Stephen from the room. I could not bring myself to ask him to stay. I would not be able to sleep if he was in the room, watching me. But, I fear sleep itself now.

Towards the end of this awful week, I came to the decision to leave, to protect them from Erik's obsession with either killing or changing me for I feared that they would destroy themselves trying to protect me. I feared what Stephen would do if I did finally die from Erik or old age for I now knew how he felt towards me. I could not let him destroy himself because me.

"Elizabeth, I'm heading out to see what Alice and Sabastion are doing. Kay?" I asked Elizabeth. Alice and Sabastion were in the garage.

"Do whatever you want. What am I your keeper?" She scoffed. Elizabeth was in charge of watching me while Ethella, Endymoin and Stephen were out hunting.

I had a small nondescript bag on my back. Inside, I had a change of clothes, water bottle, knife, a spool of strong thread, this notebook, needle, a dozen or so writing utensils and some fruit from the kitchen. Unfortunately, a blanket and tarp would have been too conspicuous to bring as well. I left a note in the place of the fruit hoping they would not find it too soon. I wore a sturdy pair of jeans, a thick flannel shirt and sailor sweater.

Once, I was in the cover of the trees, I veered towards the creek. I slipped into a tarped canoe, laid down and let the water guide the canoe through the ancient forest. A few hours later, the canoe spilled into the river, the Wolf River. It was then that I started to paddle.

Uninhabited islands dotted the waters. One such island, was where I would take shelter. I drifted into the night and chose one by the rising sun, hoping that was far enough. A thickly wooded, large island in the middle the wide waters.

I beached the canoe, pushed it into undergrowth that spilled over into the river, making sure the canoe would not break free unwantedly. The river can become dangerous around any bend. I already battle through several series of rapids. They don't call it the river of the Rabid Wolf for nothing.

Once I was sure of security, I fell into an exhausted sleep right there on the bank.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 170 28
Elizabeth finds herself falling in love with a very sexy vampire named Lawrence. Everything is totally fine until Lawrence's twin "evil" brother show...
79 2 11
A tall man has sat in an ally way for hours waiting for the perfect victim to work their way by. When a young stout girl walks by seemingly perfect...
10.7K 254 27
A girl goes out one night and meets a guy but little does she know that he is her soon to be PE teacher but what's about to happen she didn't expect...
32 15 15
This is the story of a teenager who is a vampire half breed. He meets a human during school and finds himself falling for him. But when past relation...