Mission Orion: The Travel thr...

By LPSoldier21

[HIGHEST RANK: #1 IN SCIENCE FICTION] The world is ravaged by a nuclear war. Borders were redrawn, powers ha... More

1
2
Authors' Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 | Earth 2249
Chapter 2 | Orion
Chapter 3 | Launch
Chapter 4 | Discovery
Chapter 5 | Rescue Team
Chapter 6 | Party
Chapter 7 | A Message
Chapter 8 | Time Warp
Chapter 9 | Dave
Chapter 10 | Operation Delta
Chapter 12 | The Sound of Silence
Chapter 13 | Mutiny on the Bridge
Chapter 14 | M.A.R.V
Chapter 15 | The First Wave
Chapter 16 | Orion Five Down
Chapter 17 | Direct Contact
Chapter 18 | Our Final Destination
Chapter 19 | The Room
Chapter 20 | The First Step
Chapter 21 | Destroy
Chapter 22 | Origin
Chapter 23 | Trust
Chapter 24 | Civilization
Chapter 25 | The Half- Human
Chapter 26 | The Beginning of the End
Chapter 27 | The First Causality
Chapter 28 | The Rescue Team Part Two
Chapter 29 | Mutiny
Chapter 30 | Base Four
Chapter 31 | Prometheus
Chapter 32 | Contact
Chapter 33 | Operation CleanSlate
Chapter 34 | Treason
Chapter 35 | Captured
Chapter 35.5
Chapter 36
Chapter 36.5
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 | The Rescue Plan
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 | Arrival to the Photrox
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
| Chapter 57 |
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 | Prometheus is Taken
Chapter 61 | Taking Back What's Ours
Chapter 62 | Unleash Hell
Chapter 63 | -
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 | Annihilation
Chapter 70 | Code Black
Chapter 71 | Aftermath
Chapter 72 | Peace
Epilogue
Acknowledgement
Uprising: The Sequel

Chapter 11 | The Return of Dave

1.3K 131 4
By LPSoldier21

"Good Morning, Sir." Dave said, standing above me. "WHOA!" I shouted, jumping out of my bed and rubbing my eyes, obviously surprised. "You're up and running already?" I asked him, trying to get out of bed. "Yes, sir. Leo fixed me and I am now fully charged." Dave replied. "Quit calling me sir, tin man." I said, smiling. "How's it rollin' yo?" It asked me. I laughed. "Remind me never to ask you for jokes, slick." I said, walking to the other end of the room. "And remember, never enter my room without asking for permission, yeah?" I said. "That's not something which is a part of my protocol, slick." It said, emphasizing on the word slick.

"Remember this, slick. I'm going to dismantle you, the minute we're done with this mission. " I said, clearly vexed up. But deep down, I liked his attitude, well, if robots have one. "I bet on that one, cap. You'll definitely take my hand in marriage in a few days!" It said. "Quit talking and go to the bridge. Ask Leo whether he has anything to tell me about. And go make some lip-smacking coffee, slick. Let's see if you have skills in cooking." I ordered. "Aye aye captain. Your wish is my command" it said, walking away.

I was walking towards the bridge when I saw Anna walk towards me donning a huge smile on her face - her coffee brown eyes catching my gaze. She was always quite the beauty but seeing her up close today made me lose my words. She grinned wider as she got close to me taking my breath away. "Met Dave?", She asks, breaking my trance. " Oh yeah," I mutter looking away, trying to hide my blush. " Cute, isn't he? " "If you take it that way, yes," I replied, smiling at her. It took only a second for me to notice the hazel flecks that glinted mischievously denying secrets she kept. "Leo's waiting at the bridge," She reminds me, " He has something to say.""Come on then. Let's hear what the kid has to say," I say, brushing away the spark that I felt. A spark of hope for something between her and I. 

---

Please vote if you like the story! Follow for updates! Constructive Criticism appreciated!

A huge thanks to Ms_Exquisite  for helping me out with this chapter :)  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 2.5K 39
It's the year 2309 and the question of whether we are alone in the universe is finally answered; an answer which ends in a full-scale war. Desperate...
131K 5.4K 24
In the last few centuries, humans have pushed themselves almost to the brink of extinction with wars, famine, and disease. But we have managed to sur...
61.6K 2.5K 45
Dedicated to Intrepid_Fate. HIGHEST RANKING: #217 SCIENCEFICTION, #384 WAR Michael Dragomir starts out life as anything but the typical human. Early...
79.4K 4.3K 53
Humanity emerges from the aftermath of the technological singularity having conquered scarcity, disease, poverty, aging, death, and, or so they thoug...