Match Maid in Hell

By mizpanda

Evangeline. An innocent, sweet maid with a tragic past. Seth. An arrogant, rude jerk with a troubled past. Wh... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Image?
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
QnA
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Announcement
Lmao
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
What?
Done
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
MATCH MAID IN HELL SEQUEL
SEQUEL IS UP
MMIH 2: Preview
MMIH 2: Preview 2
New MMIH/MIL series

Chapter Fourteen

169K 6.2K 755
By mizpanda

Hello. Its me.
Not but fr, hey... im kinda back. I missed you and your funny comments. Im done my course in May so yay.
I wrote this on my phone so sorry if theres mistakes.
Enjoy lovelies.

-----

"Are you ready?" He shouted up the stairs. He always scared me when he shouted, even when he wasn't made. I tugged down the dress, trying to make it reach my knee to no avail.

I sighed and ran my hand through my wavy blonde hair. I left the bathroom, strolling down the hallway. I was beyond terrified. I know, I was the one looking forward to this thing all along but now that it was here, my anxiety was taking over.

"Ready" I responded at the top of the stairs. I held the railing going down, my eyes searching for Seth. my brow furrowed when I couldn't find him.

"Set- Sir" I quickly recovered, my heart thumping. Why did I get worked up over the little things. I almost laughed at myself.

He came around the corner, his eyes on his phone, "Hurry, we'll be late" I didn't bother pointing out that it was him we were waiting on. He had lost his tie, I had been ready. While waiting I just went up to check myself once more.

He glanced up at me and paused. His eyebrows raised only to make my heart stop. My hand went to my face, "What? Is my black eye noticeable?"

He shook his head and returned to looking at his phone, "No it's fine. You look pretty" It almost sounded forced.

"Thank you, you look-" I paused, an annoying feeling appearing. His tie. His tie wasn't on right. I blinked, staring at it in a trance.

"What are you staring at?"

My eyes returned to his face, "Uhm nothing" He gave me the look that basically told me to answer the question. I let out a sigh and nodded toward his tie.

"It's not on properly" I mumbled.

"Doesn't matter" He shrugged.

A tingling feeling appeared in my head. I tried to stop looking at it but I couldn't. I wanted to tell him to fix it but I didn't want to be rude. My OCD was beginning to kick in.

"Look" He sighed, "I don't wear suits and ties, I don't know how to do this crap"

"Do you want me to?" I internally slapped myself the moment the sentence came out. I stared at him as if he was a monster about to eat me, "I don't mean it looks bad, I just uh.. if you wanted it fixed then... I don't know what I'm saying"

"If it's annoying you that much" He sighed.

Suddenly I regretted the offer even more. Fixing his tie would be invading his personal space. It would make me look even dumber to just bend over from a distance to fix it.

He raised his eyebrows, "Well?"

"Uhm, yeah, sure" I mumbled, shuffling down the rest of the steps and over to him.

My heart was thumping for no good reason. I made a face, thinking of when Tyrese had told me a scenario he wanted to act out with me.

Lets just say the only clothing I was allowed to wear was a tie. Of course it never happened!

I made sure to keep my breath even when I finally stood in front of him. So close..

His eyes were on me and I noted one eyebrow arch when I stood still.

Immediately my hand went to the tie, his gaze making me feel awkward. My clumsy hands fumble about, fixing it up.

Then a thought came into my head.

I remembered once watching a movie or show. The girl and the guy were having this weird stare off thing because they were mad at each other.

Then the girl grabbed the mans tie and tugged him down to her height so she could kiss him.

My heart sped up and my eyes involuntarily went up to his lips.

I let out an unwanted yelp and stumbled backward, pushing myself away from him, "Sorry!"

What was I even apologizing for? At least I had fixed his tie before having the little freak out so I didn't need to go close to him again.

"What the hell was that about?" The strange look he gave me was well deserved.

"I uh.. thought I saw a spider" I said quietly. He didn't say anything for a moment, his eyes studying me. It was clear he didn't believe me but he wasn't bothered to push the topic because he just nodded.

He nodded toward the door and hesitantly I left the house. He locked it behind us, "You don't seem as excited as you were"

"I am" I said quickly, "Just nervous sir"

"Oh" was the only thing he said then and we both got into the car. I stiffened in the front seat... I did it again.

I gave him a sideways glance, making sure he wasn't mad at me for sitting in the front. I let out a relieved sigh when I noted it was like he didn't even bother noticing where I went.

A smile appeared on my face as I tried to push the nervous feeling away. Tonight I was going to try have fun.
---

My chest rose quickly as I stared at the door. My eyes wide with fear and I looked desperately back to the car.

"Calm down idiot" He grumbled. I was panicking now that we were actually in front if the door. Was it not totally rude that I was just here... even though I wasn't part of the family.

Before I could even run the door opened. A woman stood the other side, a wide welcoming smile on her face. It suddenly fell and her expression contorted to a shocked one.

I knew this woman as Henry's wife, Maggie.

"Seth?!" Her eyes were focused on him, "I didn't know you were coming. Oh my god it's been so long honey" she pulled him into a tight hug before letting him go and looking to me.

"Evangeline! I'm so glad to see you again" she paused, "What skills do you have that persuaded this boy to come? He's so stubborn!"

I gave her a sheepish smile, "Actually ma'am, he seemed pretty excited to come on his own" I didn't want to say how he felt sorry for me.

I felt a glare being thrown my way and wanted to recall my words that had come out of my mouth. She laughed and pulled the door wider, inviting us in.

Seth nodded for me to go first. If Maggie wasn't there, no doubt he'd go first.

I offered him a small smile and stepped in. Just when he followed Maggie said "I think you two are the last" more to herself than anyone.

She walked off and I assumed we were to follow her but still I didn't move. Seth nudged me forward and I took that as a sign and quickly followed her.

I paused just before entering the door, the voices and laughter filling my ears. I nibbled my lip nervously, that sounded like a lot of people.

I felt Seth appear beside me and i glanced up to him. He was already looking down at me , "Chicken"

I know. I didn't say it out loud. My anxiety stopped me from doing a lot of things, I got that. He didn't need to remind me.

"It'll be fine" he quickly said as if he thought I was about to cry, "they cant be any scarier than me, right?"

A small smile appeared on my lips at those words. I guess not. I didn't answer but he knew what I was thinking.

"Come on" he walked forward and I quickly followed him.

We entered the room at the same time. People were laughing around a table, nudging and playing with each other. A few seemed a bit tipsy.

We got some glances and double takes. Everyone seemed shocked Seth was here and even more shocked I was too. My heart sped up and I began to heat up when I saw a few people whisper.

They must be saying bad things.

Was my black eye noticeable?

Did they want to throw me out?

I felt a panic attack come on before a warm hand grabbed my wrist. My eyes snapped up to Seth.

Although it was him holding me, his face read no expression and he didn't even look at me. He knew though.

I felt myself slowly calm down, my breathing returning to normal. "Thank you" I whispered quietly, not sure if he even heard me.

He let go of my wrist slowly and my arm swung back to my side.

I returned my sight to the table and my heart jumped when I saw them. A smile grew on my face, finally glad to see friendly faces.

Milania and Xander.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 13.2K 39
Caution: This story may contain some consensual BDSM(Bondage, Discipline, Sadism, Masochism), sex, and coarse language. Read with caution. ***Book Tw...
111K 3.7K 46
(Third book in the my mate series. Other books do not need to be read to read this book, but characters from other books will be mentioned in this bo...
1.5K 147 30
Like Savi Sharma once said... Everyone has a story. Even that one hot looking maid whom you keep stalking from the corner of your eyes. And who knows...
659K 19.5K 35
Evangeline Striker is a normal 16 year old girl except she has unnatural violet colored eyes. She lives with her Aunt(whom has adopted her and her br...