I think I'm in love with a Ma...

By lollyyypop112

Fanfic Watty Awards winner 2011. Lily Luna Potter is the only daughter of the famous Harry Potter. It's her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 28

66.9K 1.1K 384
By lollyyypop112

I think I'm in Love with A Malfoy

Chapter 28

(Okay so it starts off in Drakes POV but its not all in his)

Drake's POV

Scorpius and Lily left to get a seat in the stands so I was left standing in the champion's tent shaking like a leaf. Get a grip of yourself Drake!

Suddenly I felt a pair of hands on my shoulder and I jumped around, probably looking like a right idiot, to come face to face with Rose.

"Bloody Hell Rose! You scared the crap out of me!" I muttered trying to calm myself.

"That's nice to know," she whispered before quickly pressing her lips to mine. At first, I was mildly surprised but her familiar scent and feel, made me feel comfortable so I instinctively wrapped my arms around her.

A cannon sounded nearby, breaking us apart. She looked at me longingly before saying "good luck."

"What just happened? I thought we broke up, you know we both agreed."

"For old time's sake," she murmured and then slipped out of the tent.

I just stared after her, processing what had just happened. I really did miss her; she just had something that always drew me to her. Roxy, on the other hand was a great laugh and she was extremely hot, but there was no real excitement. She was like the female version of me...and I didn't really feel like dating myself.

The cannon sounded again and I realised that I was practically alone in the tent. Everyone had already left. Damn it!

I ran out into the stadium where Boy Genius (I had picked up Scorpius' nickname for him) and pretty Beauxbatons girl stood. The crowd were so noisy, cheering their champions on. It kind of reminded me of walking out just before a Quidditch match. In front of us was a huge maze, 20ft high, each bush being the width of my leg. Stupid magic making everything supernaturally big.

And another thing, why did all these competitions always seem to include mazes? I had a terrible sense of direction, so how the hell was I supposed to navigate myself through this. Who knew what freaky creatures they put in there? I would bet my sister's cat that there were giant man eating spiders in there somewhere.

We had been told earlier that we had to basically get to the middle of the maze and get the cup. Apparently this task had been done before when my dad was at Hogwarts and the results were a dead guy....yeah, way to make us feel calm right? But they had assured us that it was completely safe this time and we weren't going to be transported to an eerie graveyard and get murdered by Voldemort.

I've always wondered why he decided to name himself Voldemort anyway. I mean who does that? The names more comical than evil, if anything.

Anyway, I gazed at the black hole of a maze. It really didn't look at all friendly in there.

The Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports came over and placed us all in our positions. I was to start two minutes after Boy Genius because I had lost the last task, and the Beauxbatons girl was to start five minutes after me.

The cannon went for a third time and Boy Genius entered the maze. He was walking slowly, obviously in no rush whatsoever. Maybe he thought we were no threat?

Fine, well I'm running.

So as soon as my cannon went off and the crowd erupted again, I legged it into the maze, wand held tightly in my hand ready to blast anything that leapt out in front of me into oblivion. Though as soon as I stepped over the threshold of the maze, the sound of the crowd suddenly muted. It was as if I had stepped into a bubble and all I could now hear was silence and the occasional wind blowing through the gaps in the maze.

I jogged a couple of hundred metres before slowing to a halt. I had been alternating between left and right at junctions. Probably not the best idea in the world, when you're stuck in a maze, but I already said I had no sense of direction!

There was a soft rustling of bushes behind me and I whipped around, pointing my wand at a couple of spiders scuttling across the floor. Wretched things...They were only small, but from my experience, where there were small ones, there was one big one.

And hell was my experience right, because next minute, a big black thing was running at me. It had eight legs alright! And pincers the size of my arm...I could practically see my scared reflection in its glistening eyes.

Shit, shit, shit!!!!

Well run then! You idiot!

I turned and legged it. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to run earlier, because now I was pretty tired out and the Acromantula didn't seem to be giving up anytime soon. I was going to have to fight it.

I racked my brain for the spell that I needed to use...why was it that I could think of every other spell in the spell book right now apart from the one I actually needed. Typical.

Maybe I could blind it?

"LUMOS," I yelled thrashing my wand around wildly. But all I could see was those sharp pincers and that hairy body and eight glistening black eyes. Yeah that spell wasn't really working.

As I wasn't looking where I was going I ended up running into a bush. I quickly tried crab walking backwards...like you do...from the monster. Great, I was gonna be eaten by a spider. And no wonder why I'm scared of the things.

I squeezed my eyes shut, not wanting to see my descending doom.

"ARANIA EXUMAI!" yelled a voice and I heard a thud. Was I dead?

I opened one eye to check. Nope...well unless hell looked like a maze as well. With a dead spider in the middle of it.

Boy Genius stood over the Acromantula smiling proudly. "You okay?"

I nodded, "thanks man. But why did you save me?"

"Well I'm not going to let you get eaten. That's disgusting," he shuddered.

"Right...wait, you don't...ahem...fancy me. Do you?" I wondered. Awkward.

He laughed, "Ha no. No offence but I don't think you're my type," Xavier answered raising an eyebrow, "why are you interested. You don't look like the type."

"NOOO... I like girls far too much for that." I hastily replied. "I was just wondering if there was a reason that, you know, saved my life."

"I'm a nice person."

"Wow, I almost feel sorry for stealing that box in the first task that was probably rightfully yours."

"Don't sweat it. Anyway I'm going to go, good luck."

"Yeah, good luck," I muttered.

Lily's POV

Scorpius was leaning over the railing next to me, but he seemed excited. He had this constant huge smile on his face and kept reaching into his pocket as if to check something was still in there. I had asked him what was up, but he had just brushed it off and started randomly talking about different creatures in the maze.

Xavier had just saved Drakes butt by killing the Acromantula that had been chasing him. Drake had looked mortified; it was actually quite funny, well apart from the fact that the creatures' pincers were less than 12 inches away from Drakes head before Xavier decided to kill it.

But other than that he seemed to be doing fine. He had fought off a flaming salamander that had popped up from the ground, nicely done. The Beauxbatons girl seemed to be having some trouble with a few pixies over the other side of the maze and Xavier was just steaming ahead.

No wonder they call him Boy Genius.

Rose had been sat beside me whimpering every time Drake came in contact with a creature. She really did care for him, and I know I said that before, but seriously...

"Ouchhh..." Scorpius said, eyes focused on the game, a hint of a small smile still etched onto his face.

"What?"

"Drake just got shot by a firecrab! His hairs on fire!" he laughed.

"That's the second time isn't it?" I asked as we watched Drake hopping around patting his head. He looked like he was doing some sort of funky dance."

"Yeah, the first time was in the first task, remember?"

"Drakes poor hair..." I said sniggering quietly to myself.

"Lily, can I ask you something?" Scorpius asked turning to me.

I looked at him suspiciously. "Why?"

"Don't look at me like that! I'm not telling you now," he said smirking and turning back to the maze below.

"Scorpius!"

"Lily!"

"Malfoy!"

"Potter!"

"Shut up, just tell me."

"Shut up, just tell me," he mimicked my voice.

"I don't sound like that," I said.

"You kind of do..." he said with a half smile.

"Please tell me...pretty pwweaase?" I pouted.

"Pwweaase isn't even a word...genius. I don't think now is the right moment anyway," he said wrapping one arm around my shoulder pulling me to him.

"Well why did you even mention it then!?" I huffed. He was so frustrating!!! "You're such a –"

He slapped a hand over my mouth, "I don't think you want to finish that word now, do you?"

I tried to nod, but he still had his hand over my mouth so he shook my head from side to side, in the end it just looked like I was rolling my head in circles.

"That's my girl," he said. He was smiling widely as he said 'my girl.' I had to admit, it sounded kind of nice too my ears as well.

Rose was sobbing beside me. I swear that's all she does these days. "He's going to have no hair by the end of this!" she spluttered.

"Hey Rose, would you still go out with him if he was a skinhead?" asked Scorpius.

"We're not going out!"

"Okay let me rephrase that question. Would you still have se-"

I bit his hand cutting him off. "Let's not talk about that right now. She's in a very fragile state of mind. You need to be sensitive."

I turned to Rose and rubbed her back soothingly, "It's okay Rose, Drake will still have some hair left. If not, then I'm sure the nurse will have some hair re-growing potion somewhere."

Well what else was I supposed to say?

Lorcan was on Rose's other side..."Help!" I mouthed to him. He was good at this sort of thing. You know, motivating people when they felt down.

He nodded and started talking to Rose. I turned back to Scorpius with a smirk. "That's how it's done."

He raised an eyebrow, "get your ex-boyfriend to talk to a crying girl? Yeah I don't think that would work...I don't have an ex-boyfriend."

I rolled my eyes, "you're such a doofus."

"Doofus...smmufuss."

I laughed and snuggled closer to him, "What?"

He shrugged, "Random moment. I'm going to ask you something else."

"You do that."

"I will."

"Get on with it,"

"Do you like cheese?"

"Was that another random moment?"

"No, I just chickened out on what I really wanted to ask you," he said averting his eyes.

"Tell me."

"Do you want-"

A loud cheer erupted from around us as, interrupting him.

"FOR fucks sake!" he groaned, "stupid interrupting people..."

I grabbed his chin and turned him to face me, "you were saying?"

"Did you want to stay around my house for part of the summer?"

"Don't you mean mansion?" I asked jokingly.

"No I mean house! Wait, is that a yes?"

"Only if your parents don't murder me," I replied.

"They won't. They're softies."

"Your father was a death eater," I pointed out.

He rolled his eyes, "yeah but he wasn't a very good one. He just liked the title but he would never actually kill someone. He saved your father's ass when he was kidnapped by the snatchers.

"He didn't save him, he just prolonged Voldemort."

"Same difference. Now you can stay, please???? My mother would love you. Believe me."

"Well I suppose." I made a horror face, "Imagine if our parent's met each other again," I shuddered. "Awkward..."

"Well they probably will sometime..."

"How long are planning on us staying together?"

He just smiled and winked, "a long time Lily. Long time."

The rest of the task was pretty uneventful. It was actually a bit boring...just the same thing, run around a corner, find a monster, stun the monster then run. It was probably great if you were actually in the maze, good rush, but up here, they just looked a bit like large ants.

My odds were on Xavier to win, he was the closest to the centre, but he was currently sitting down opposite a sphinx trying to solve a riddle. COME ON XAVIER!

The sphinxes voice reverberated around the stadium.

Each morning I appear
To lie at your feet,
All day I will follow
No matter how fast you run,
Yet I nearly perish
In the midday sun

It's a shadow!!! Even I knew that. But I suppose when your brain was full up with all that knowledge that he had rattling around in there, you might forget some things.

"LA LA LA LA LA!" Roxy sang.

I looked behind me at her. "What are you singing?"

"A song I made up, I'm boreddddd."

"How can you be bored, this is a life or death situation....Xavier might die if he gets this wrong?"

"Chill Lils! They wouldn't let him die. They said that no one is going to die."

But I didn't hear her because Drake had suddenly turned the corner just as Xavier was about to answer. "It's a shadow!"

The sphinx turned her head to face the newcomer. "I'm sorry I don't believe I asked you that riddle, now you must both face punishment."

"AH AH AH, no. You never said that he had to answer it alone, did you now? No! Ha. So technically you need to be vanishing or whatever you're supposed to do when someone gets the answer right."

The lionesses/ woman's face soured, but then she disappeared anyway.

"Yes! Go baby!" cheered Rose, her dried tears upon her cheeks.

We watched as Drake helped Xavier up.

They actually made quite a good team.

The problem was that the cup was just around the corner and they were both the same distance away. "GO DRAKE!" screamed Rose and Roxy.

Scorpius was playing with strands of my hair with his fingers.

"Stop it..." I whispered, "Watch it."

"But your hair is so soft!" he said.

"There's plenty of time for that later," even though secretly it felt amazing and I really didn't want him to stop. But he really should watch this.

"Oh yes there is," he said reluctantly dragging his eyes away to look down at what was going on in the maze.

They had seemed to decide upon a race. Fair does.

As they set off Xavier seemed to have an advantage on Drake, but for some reason stopped just before he reached the cup and Drake zoomed past him to grab hold of it.

His face when he realised that he had the cup was priceless. Xavier was there clapping and congratulating him as the whole crowd cheered. Fireworks filled the sky with bright colours and fancy patterns. I felt a breeze against my left arm which was odd because Scorpius was standing there just a minute ago. He seemed to have removed his arm from around me and was fumbling around in his pocket.

I tried to move closer to him but he held up one finger "give me one second."

Okay now I was curious.

Then I wasn't, as he produced a small red velvety box. My heart started thumping a mile a minute. It wasn't big enough to be a box for a necklace or a bracelet. Earrings maybe, but highly unlikely as I didn't even have my ears pierced.

I took his form in as he looked at me nervously, his messy blonde hair partly covering his eyes. Oh my sweet Merlin! I didn't know if I could do this!?

"Scor- Scorpiuss....wow," was all I could get out.

"Don't worry, this isn't what you think it is-" he said and I felt a sinking feeling, "well I guess it kind of is...no it's not."

"What?"

"I'm not going to get down on one knee, well not yet anyway," he said with a small smile that made my heart melt, "but I still want to give you this as a promise to you." He opened the box and inside lay a beautiful silver ring with a small opal set into the middle. "If you accept this ring, one day I promise to replace it with a real one...when you're ready. Not that it isn't a real ring because it is a real stone and all. But I meant a real marriage one...Will you wear my ring Lily?"

I opened my mouth, and then closed it. It was so pretty, I mean if this was only the promise ring, then what was the actual ring going to be like. What if I lost the ring!? I would feel so bad; it probably cost an arm and a leg.

But I loved this boy with all my heart so I smiled, a happy tear leaking from the corner of my eye, "yes."

His face lit up with delight, like a little boy on Christmas day. He took the ring and slid it onto my ring finger. "Forever and always my girl," he said and pulled me into a hug. It wasn't a lustful hug, it was filled with love and warmth and it made me cry even more.

And we just stood like that, in each other's arms watching the fireworks light up the sky.

Awwww...that's cute

Well personally I think it is...don't know about you guys.

=P

I would have uploaded yesterday but my laptop was being crappy so I am currently on my brothers laptop, which is really confusing to use but I think I got the hang of it now.

So what do you think?

Long chapter because I felt bad for making you guys wait :L

Okay so try for 250 votes? and 75 comments??

Thanking youuu

Ali <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53K 1.1K 20
(Completed) Iris and Harry live with the Dursleys' together. Harry sleeps in the cupboard under the stairs. Iris sleeps in the basement with the mice...
10.8K 247 114
The untold story of Alyssa Potter, Harry's younger twin sister who happened to be a not-so ordinary girl from an orphanage in a small town called Sur...
1.8M 62.4K 58
❛Let's hope Potter doesn't find out❜ ❉ fem!reader, ©kingdombyers OFFICIAL FANFIC HP READING LIST!!! 2ND PLACE WINNER OF THE POTTERHEAD CHALLENGE! (...
52K 1.7K 15
People said our dads fell in love, but were kept apart by their parents. But dad said this wasn't true, and I believe him, I always have. He's not al...