Therapy

Від malumxtrashaf

"You need help Myla," she hissed. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Don't do that, don't go mute on me." She said... Більше

01
02
03
04
05
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29

06

69 3 0
Від malumxtrashaf

SOTC ; Little Do You Know - Alex and Sierra

Wednesday

I made it to my locker, super fast, before anyone could notice me.

So I stood, putting my books away, and gathering my stuff for home. Then I heard it, the sound of someone calling my name. (Jesus is that you? I'm sorry continue on..)

"Hey! Myla right?" the female voice called.

I turned, my voice getting caught in my throat.

"H-harlyn?" I coughed.

"Hi, yeah," she cheered. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to bother you, but you left your journal behind in Spanish.. I didn't know if it had your notes in it, so I'd figured I'd just return it.... To be safe."

"Uhm, yeah, thank y-you." I half smiled.
////\\\\
For a week, it went like that. I'd 'forget' my notebook in class, Harlyn would rush to return it. It felt nice to have someone to talk to.

To have someone publicly talk to me, without being embarrassed.

So today went no different, I forgot my book in the classroom. I went to my locker, and stuffed my things inside, taking a little longer to wait for the return of my notebook.

"Hey, again," Harlyn spoke from behind me.

I turned to face her, "mm y-yeah?"

"Here's your notebook." She smiled, handing over the notebook.

"Thanks."

"I not-.. never mind," she spoke slowly.

I turned to walk away, when I was interrupted.

"Wait. Actually, Myla, do you want to hang out after school?" Harlyn's chirpy voice called.

I spun around, shocked. My mouth was ajar.

"I mean, we don't have to. Ya know, if you don't.. I'm sorry, that was stupid of me to ask." She spoke with such disappointment.

"Hey, Harlyn, I'd uhmm like to hangout." I said quickly, hoping she hadn't gotten too far by now.

She turned to face me quickly, and ran towards me, "seriously?!"

I nodded. She clapped and a look of pure excitement crossed her face. She scribbled on a piece of paper, and handed it to me.

"Text me in like, fifteen minutes, or yeah." She smiled and ran off.

Did I make a friend? This thought crossed my mind as I walked out to the parking lot, and waited for a good ten minutes.

Michael was a no show, and it was rare for Michael to ever forget to pick me up. So something was wrong.

The take my mind off of things I texted Harlyn, five minutes early, but I don't think she seriously meant exactly fifteen minutes later.

Myla
Hey it's Myla :)

Harlyn :P
Hey, I'm still at school, got stopped by a teacher

Myla
That's okay I'm still at school, my brother forgot me :/

Harlyn :P
I can take you home or whatever?

Myla
You sure?

Harlyn :P
It's not a hassle

Myla
Positive?

Harlyn :P
Yeah for sure.. Meet me out front??

Myla
I'm here rn

Harlyn :P
I see you

I lock my phone, just as Harlyn walks over to me. She has a big smile on her face, and her brown hair swishes behind her in the wind. Her big, doe green eyes sparkle in the sunlight.

Harlyn is a gorgeous girl, and she's semi-popular. So I don't get why she talks to me? But she's generally nice to everyone. What if she actually doesn't like me?

"Okay, my cars right up there." She says, pointing towards a nice car.

"Uhh, alright, I'm uh r-right behind you." I mumbled.

We climb the steps, up to the parking lot. It was mainly deserted, just a few cars left from the sport players.

"I hope you don't mind, but my sisters school just let out and my mom wanted to pick her up." She said hesitantly.

"Oh no, I don't mind." I smiled, "hopefully Michael doesn't forget Benjie."

I mumbled the last bit to myself. She smiled at me, and put the car into drive.

We pulled up to Benjie's school, and I was surprised. Benjie went to a small private school, different than the rest of us.

"Your sister, uhm, goes her?" I ask in surprise.

"Yeah, she's autistic. She keeps to herself a lot of the time, she has this friend, his name is Benjamin, he has autism too. They're so adorable." She rambled.

"Benjamin? My younger brother, Benjamin, goes to this school."

"Benjamin Wilkerson?"

"Yeah.."

"Oh no way.. That's so cool! Not the autistic part, that's upsetting, but the fact that they're friends is cool!" She laughed, embarrassed.

"Y-yeah.." I sighed.

"I know it's only been, like 3 months, but I'm sorry about Frankie, she was so sweet. I didn't talk to her much, but I'm sorry you lost her. It sucks losing a friend." Harlyn said sadly, turning to me and trying to put a smile on.

My heart, if it could, felt like it physically broke. My eyes welled up with tears.

My usually anxiety signs started showing. Harlyn's eyes grew wide.

"Oh my god, fučk I'm so stupid! I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have brought that up." She groaned, and smacked her forehead.

She got out of the car, and crossed over the front of the vehicle. She appeared at my car door, opening it, and pulling me out.

She stood me up, and wrapped her arms around me, and my breath hitched. This did no good with my anxiety.

I cringed in the hug, but forced myself to hug back. She rubbed my back soothingly, "honestly I'm so sorry."

"I-" my words got caught in my throat as a violent sob escaped my mouth.

"Oh no, please," she pleaded. "I'm not good at comforting people, gah what do I do?"

"L-l-et g-g-o, please?"

She released me from her hug, and she stepped back. I cried out a few more times.

"How about we reschedule this hang out?" She said, and you could practically hear the guilt dripping in her voice.

I nodded slowly, "please."

She ushered me back into the car, as she went to get her sister.

Finally she returned with a small girl. Her features a strong resemblance of Harlyn's. She buckled the young girl in the back seat, and climbed into the drivers seat.

The entire car ride to my house was silent, and awkward. It was when we were almost home that she spoke again.

"I know, uhm, that this really doesn't help much, but I know what it's like, to lose a best friend. I, lost my best friend last year, to cancer.." She said.

I looked over, catching the stray tear falling from her eyes. My heart aches, because she knew the pain too.

We pulled into my driveway, and I noticed Michael and Austin's cars. I got really worried.

"I know, it's ugh, like a year late. But I'm sorry for your, uhm loss."

Then i surprised myself, by leaning over the front console and initiating a hug. I actually wrapped my arms around her, and rested my chin on her shoulder.

I felt her wince, cause with our short time, she found out I don't like hugs. Soon she squeezed me tight.

"Alright, well I gotta get Gracie home, hope to see you in school tomorrow." She smiled.

I nodded, and got out of the car. I ventured up the driveway and into the house. I watched as she drove away, Gracie was waving from the back seat.

I half-smiled, and I slipped my shoes off. I went into the kitchen, and made a pepperoni hot pocket.

I sat down on the couch, turning on the tv, and flipping to a rerun of some random TV show. Michael and Austin came into the living room, sitting down, they gave me a serious look.

I muted the TV, and I looked in their direction. Michael looked hesitant, Austin moved over to my couch, and placed a supportive hand on my back. He nodded to Michael.

"Myla.."
---
I'm just going to end it on a cliffhanger because I'm too lazy to write anymore and yeah.

A lot revealed this chapter, but nobody cares :)

So yeah

Bye :)

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

•I'M A DISASTER• Від Maria Chiara

Підліткова література

563K 16.5K 64
Quando Ryan Allen entró al Roxy Bar, Nicole non aveva ancora idea di cosa il destino avesse in serbo per lei. Il suo più grande segreto nelle mani de...
Amati Sempre Від giorgis🌷

Підліткова література

4.2K 428 24
«Non riesco nemmeno a guardarmi» «Io invece passerei le ore a guardarti» 🌑 Due adolescenti, l'uno l'esatto opposto dell'altra, eppure così simili fr...
Sweet Hell Від enJoy

Підліткова література

140K 4.9K 60
Kyla ha sempre avuto una vita ordinaria, niente di nuovo. Sempre i soliti quattro amici, esce una sola volta a settimana, a detta di tutti: una pall...
Destini Intrecciati || Kenan Yildiz Від albastoriess

Підліткова література

2.3K 101 6
Amare significa dare fiducia e tollerare i difetti dell'altro, condividere emozioni belle e prendersi cura l'uno dell'altro. Il primo amore, l'amore...