"Don't Forget Me, Okay?" [Iwa...

By sugaberi

Iwaizumi's father is deceased and his mother is bedridden with Alzheimer's. His life is crumbling and he has... More

Prologue*
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Oikawa
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
IMPORTANT {Announcement}

Chapter 1 *

4.6K 179 57
By sugaberi

Iwaizumi shuffled under the sheets of his bed. He kept his eyes shut, still half asleep. Curling into a ball, he pulled the sheets over his shoulders. They resisted against the weight of the mattress before slacking from being pulled off the corners of the bed. The fabric slid easily over him, no other body to prevent the motion.
Peeking an eye open, Iwaizumi scanned the area next to him. It was empty; nothing left behind but a wrinkled indent in the covered mattress. He stuck a hand out and ran his hand across it. It was cold. Maybe Oikawa went home, Iwaizumi thought sadly. Most of his time was spent with Iwaizumi, so it was a possibility that he'd taken the opportunity to take a trip home. It wasn't unreasonable that he had.
Iwaizumi snatched the pillow at the head of the bed and drew it to his chest. It smelled like honey and lemon; like Oikawa. He took a deep breath in. His senses filled with the scent, dulling his awareness of what was around him.
Suddenly, in the midst of the silence, Iwaizumi heard the click of the doorknob turning and the slight creaking of the hinges. His head emerged from the pillow towards the entrance to the room. Oikawa stood there, peeking his head through the small opening he had created. Smiling, he stepped into the room and shut the door behind him.
"Morning, Iwa-chan," he said, the pleasant sweetness of his voice filling the room. He closed the gap between them and stood beside the bed.
Iwaizumi loosened his grasp on the pillow and reached up to wrap his arms around the brunette's neck. He pulled Oikawa down with him so that he was lying on his back, his right leg wrapped around the other boy's torso.
He didn't leave me.
Oikawa propped himself up on his hands. He kissed Iwaizumi lightly on the curve of his jawline down to his collarbone. Iwaizumi raked his fingers through his boyfriend's hair. He pulled Oikawa's head away from his chest, replacing it with his own lips. His hands ran over the brunette's broad back, feeling the muscles that rippled underneath his shirt.
Oikawa backed away, leaving Iwaizumi gasping for air.
"Mm, you're being awfully loving this morning, Iwa-chan. What do you want?" Oikawa asked, teasingly.
Iwaizumi stroked the brown strands of his boyfriend's hair, admiring its softness. He pecked Oikawa's lips, each touch spreading little burst of warmth across Iwaizumi's face.
"Let's do something today," Iwaizumi softly said.
"Oh? Tired of sitting in your cave?"
Iwaizumi groaned and pushed Oikawa's face away.
"I just woke up and you've already manage to annoy me," he complained.
"Maybe you'll be less cranky after you've eaten. Come on, I made breakfast."
Oikawa untangled himself from Iwaizumi and stood up. Pulling on his arms, Oikawa forced Iwaizumi to sit upright. The boy followed suit, lazily standing on his own.

They walked down the stairs and into the living room. The curtains on the glass sliding doors were drawn, cool gray light shining through the panes. Trees swayed and clouds drifted with the wind. Iwaizumi knew that it would rain today; another perfect day to remain shut up indoors.
He shuffled towards the kitchen where Oikawa had disappeared to. The brunette was standing near the stove, dishing eggs onto two plates. The ticking of the toaster could be heard in the background. Iwaizumi pulled out a chair and sat, scooting himself closer to the table.
"Do you want coffee or juice?" Oikawa asked.
"I want tea," said Iwaizumi.
"That wasn't an option," Oikawa commented, turning to face him.
"It is an option, but you just didn't offer it," Iwaizumi pointed out, smirking.
Oikawa turned back to face the wall once again. "Smart-ass," he muttered.
He scooped the last of the eggs out of the pan and onto the plate before setting them down on the table.
"Do you really want tea?" he questioned.
"No," Iwaizumi replied. "Juice is fine."
"Juice it is."

Tugging the refrigerator door open, Oikawa pulled out a carton of orange juice. He retrieved two glasses and filled each of them. Returning to the table, he finally sat down. One of the cups was handed to Iwaizumi, which he took gratefully.

He slapped his hands together and said,"Thanks for the food," before beginning to eat.

There was not much conversation between the two as they ate. They sat comfortably at the table until all the food had been consumed. Oikawa gathered the dishes and set them in the sink, reminding himself to wash them later.

Iwaizumi traveled out of the kitchen and to the living room. He collapsed onto the couch. Oikawa trailed behind him, taking the adjacent seat.

"Want to watch something?" he asked.

"Weather channel," Iwaizumi stated simply.

The black of the screen burst with color, revealing the image of a woman. She stood in front of a green screen displaying the forecast for the day, spitting out whatever lines appeared on the prompter. The white blouse she wore was too white against the brightness of the set lights making her glow like the sun. Her pencil skirt was tight and form-fitting. It looked like it was suffocating her legs.
"-high of sixty-two degrees today-," she said. "-and a low of fifty."

She swiped her hand over the screen pointing at the warm fronts as they floated across the screen.

"We're looking at a seventy percent chance of rain starting at around two o'clock this afternoon. Light, not bad until three o'clock, where predicting heavy rain, possibly a thunderstorm-." Oikawa shut off the television then.

"Well, we have two hours to do something before the rain comes," he said.

"The rain will only bother us if we're outside. Besides, it's cold. I don't want to be outside," Iwaizumi pointed out matter-of-factly.

"It just sounds like you're coming up with excuses to stay at home."

"I already said I wanted to do something, didn't I? Why would I make up useless excuses?"

"True."

"You're ridiculous."

Oikawa cracked a smile and gazed at his boyfriend. "But you love me."

"That's a statement up for debate."

"So mean, Iwa-chan!"

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes and looked out the window. He could see ominous gray clouds forming a blanket in the sky; a sheet of darkness over the light of the sun. The wind had picked up and it viciously tore at the branches of the trees, sending leaves scattering across the grass.

"I'm going to take a shower," Oikawa announced as he rose from his spot.

"Ah, I'll get dressed, too," Iwaizumi agreed, returning the action.

The two trotted upstairs to Iwaizumi's bedroom. Oikawa slipped into the adjoined bathroom and flipped on the lights. Iwaizumi could hear the water running when he turned on the shower.

"Iwa-chan!" Oikawa called.

"What?"

The door to the bathroom slid open. Oikawa popped his head out, his hair lathered with soap.
"Can I borrow a pair of clothes? I didn't pack enough and mine are dirty," he explained.
"You really needed to ask me in the middle of your shower?" Iwaizumi said, exasperatedly
"I didn't want to forget."
"Forget that you needed a shirt?"
Oikawa smiled sheepishly, then said, "Well, can I borrow one or not?"
"Sure."
Oikawa slipped back into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

Iwaizumi looked around his room. It was a mess. His own dirty clothes were scattered across the floor in disarray. He quickly got onto his knees and swept them into heaping piles before throwing them into the laundry basket.

Walking across the room, Iwaizumi threw open the closet doors. A number of clothes hanging were scarce, most of it being empty hangers. He spotted a plaid shirt in the corner and pulled it out. Should be good enough, he thought.

After Oikawa got out of the shower, Iwaizumi handed him the bundle of clothes he had. Continuing his search, Iwaizumi had also found a plain white shirt in his drawer to go under the plaid.

"Thanks, Iwa-chan," Oikawa said.

He took the shirts and snatched a pair of jeans before retreating to the bathroom. He returned a minute later fully dressed. A towel sat atop his head. He rubbed it over his hair.

"Anywhere, in particular, you want to go today?" Oikawa asked.

"I don't have anything in mind."

Oikawa paused, his face twisting with thought.

"Why don't we go to the mall," he suggested. "We can invite the team."

A wave of guilt washed over Iwaizumi. He'd quit the volleyball team soon after his mother was admitted to the hospital. He was never focused and always jumpy, surely it was bringing the team down. So he found a solution, and that was to quit. But, they were his friends and he missed them.

Iwaizumi smiled. "Sure, I'd like that."

"I'll call them on the way there," Oikawa told him. "I'll meet your downstairs, then. Whenever you're ready."

Iwaizumi nodded.

Oikawa scampered from the room, his footsteps pounding on the stairs. Iwaizumi grabbed a random shirt off of his floor and slipped it over his head, doing the same with a pair of jeans. He stopped in the bathroom to quickly brush his teeth and comb his fingers through his hair, trying to tame his bedhead. Then he, too, ran out of the room and down the stairs.

Oikawa was standing at the door, completed with shoes and a jacket. Iwaizumi grabbed his sneakers from the floor and shoved his feet into them. Oikawa handed him his jacket, then jogged back to the hallway and took an umbrella from the closet. He walked back to Iwaizumi.

"In case it rains," he said.

"Yeah."

"You got everything?"

"Yeah."

Oikawa smiled and slid his hand into Iwaizumi's. "Ready?"

The blood rose to Iwaizumi's face and he turned away.

"Yeah."

_________________________________

A/N: This chapter has been edited, and what an edit it was. I changed like, everything. Anywho, this writing is severely different from the rest of the story, so be warned, but it should be better.

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 559 38
Oikawa is invited to a series of weddings that he returns to Japan to attend. This means that he must come face to face with his unrequited crush and...
12K 470 7
Oikawa wants to do archery with Iwaizumi for team bonding activities, but Iwaizumi has several secrets, including his crush on Oikawa. He's also an a...
52.8K 3.4K 29
Oikawa receives a strange letter from a self-proclaimed 'Nobody' who believes he ruined her life. Imada Momoko, the writer finds herself head over he...
37.9K 1.1K 8
SEVERE TRIGGER WARNING : SELF-HARM AND ABUSE PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF YOU ARE UPSET EASILY BY THESE THINGS, AND SEEK HELP IF NEEDED! Oikawa regrets just...